PDA

View Full Version : Computer Engineering

maebach
08-17-2005, 10:57 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has takin this class in high-school. It's a grade 11 course but I'm taking it in Grade 10. It's 2nd period after Computer Science. I just want to know what I'll be dealing with in this class and if it's hard. The little papragraph summary didnt explain anything.

Busyman
08-17-2005, 11:04 PM
I was just wondering if anybody has takin this class in high-school. It's a grade 11 course but I'm taking it in Grade 10. It's 2nd period after Computer Science. I just want to know what I'll be dealing with in this class and if it's hard. The little papragraph summary didnt explain anything.
I never had such a class in high school.

It sounds very "specialized".

Actually I didn't have Computer anything in high school.

We used computers for different classes though. :unsure:

tesco
08-17-2005, 11:23 PM
I never took it but other people have and i heard about it. You build computers, learn about binary code and other things like that. The class also built hover crafts for year-end project.

I did take computer science tho, it's pretty boring, just programming stuff.
Altho i guess if i never took that class i would have never got into that kind of stuff and i wouldn't be an admin here. :ohmy:

suprafreak6
08-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Im taking web page design yeah i know im cool :lol:

Busyman
08-18-2005, 12:52 AM
I never took it but other people have and i heard about it. You build computers, learn about binary code and other things like that. The class also built hover crafts for year-end project.

I did take computer science tho, it's pretty boring, just programming stuff.
Altho i guess if i never took that class i would have never got into that kind of stuff and i wouldn't be an admin here. :ohmy:
Weird, when I was in high school I took some classes at college like Pascal, Forth and Fortran.

I got no credit for them. It was bullshit 'cause my mother paid for part of it.

I also remember a short doohicky in high school with Logo....that shit with the turtle.

McStabhappy
08-18-2005, 01:02 AM
i took 3 diff classes ay my school hardware programing and graphics design

Busyman
08-18-2005, 01:28 AM
i took 3 diff classes ay my school hardware programing and graphics design
Damn I didn't have that either...well actually I did have some sort of CAD course on a Mac.

All this old school talk is popping stuff into my head that should have been long gone

9.8meterspersecondgravityitweighsmoreokbutcomparedtowhatthepythagoreantheoremthequadraticeqautionlogarithmspartialanddifferentialequationsma=Fsideanglesidethesumofallanglesofatriangleis180degreesxlog(x)dx :sick:

maebach
08-18-2005, 01:45 AM
I did take computer science tho, it's pretty boring, just programming stuff.Altho i guess if i never took that class i would have never got into that kind of stuff and i wouldn't be an admin here. :ohmy:

Maybe in five years I'll be an admin :lol:

slim150
08-18-2005, 01:50 AM
Don't worry, there isn't anything remotly hard about a grade 11 class. I'm a senior at Penn State majoring in Comp Sci... I don't feel like they can get very far advanced in just a single course. Perhaps learning binary, logic gates, k-maps, a lil bit about circuits (maybe), and playing with some breadboards. If your school has money there might be some better tools you will use. And perhaps some CAD. Enjoy it while you can...

peat moss
08-18-2005, 02:46 AM
Where do I sign up ? Sounds interesting might keep you awake for an hour or two ? :P

tesco
08-18-2005, 03:17 AM
I did take computer science tho, it's pretty boring, just programming stuff.Altho i guess if i never took that class i would have never got into that kind of stuff and i wouldn't be an admin here. :ohmy:

Maybe in five years I'll be an admin :lol:
I only had the class last year... :P

Spicker
08-18-2005, 03:21 AM
i took computer engineering

our whole class cheated on EVERY SINGLE CISCO test including the EXAM

:lol:

it depends on who ur teacher is...if u have a good teacher then u will enjoy if u have a bad teacher then its going to be HELL!

btw i still have the cisco answers... :naughty:

im taking computer sciences this year..