PDA

View Full Version : anyone here RENT TO OWN?

muchspl3
08-18-2005, 02:06 AM
like furniture (bed room/living room) or maybe a TV?

Busyman
08-18-2005, 02:12 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuck nooooooooooooo

I do however like deferred payment deferred interest. :D

99%
08-18-2005, 02:17 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuck nooooooooooooo

you said it

peat moss
08-18-2005, 02:20 AM
You get screwed coming and going . Better to check with friends or a flea market to get set up then buy when you can .

muchspl3
08-18-2005, 03:46 AM
so no one does it?

just asking if anyone did it, its not all bad if you have to

Everose
08-18-2005, 03:49 AM
I don't, but I do have a friend who has made a lot of money off of people who do.

peat moss
08-18-2005, 04:18 AM
I don't, but I do have a friend who has made a lot of money off of people who do.

:lol: Probably better to rent a furnished apartment or flat if short term .

Santa
08-18-2005, 09:05 PM
i will rent you this post for only 10buks a minute
after 2 years its yours (minus tax)

GepperRankins
08-18-2005, 09:09 PM
never ever wanna get in debt so i try to avoid renting, loans, credit deals and stuff :unsure:

JPaul
08-18-2005, 09:16 PM
It would depend on the terms.

Busyman
08-18-2005, 11:12 PM
so no one does it?

Rent to own sucks 'cause end up paying much more for the product.

It's usually for folks with bad credit.

Want that new livingroom set? Pay only $20 a month. :dry: Too bad probably $7 of that actually goes to the set.

I bought my 65" HDTV for $2200 and interest and payments are deferred 'till 2007. If I pay it off before then there is no interest charged. Come 2007, if I leave 1 cent left on the balance, I get charged the entire accrued interest up to that time.

You still have to be disciplined.

There are many places that sell furniture with NINP for at least 6 months and I've seen as long as 3 years.

Slightly off-topic but another thing is to get 0% interest on your vehicle purchase. My Toyota Camry had $5000 of interest on a 5-year note....I still wish I had it...since it was already paid off and :dog: fine.

I also wish I could get 0% on that new BMW 7 series. :w00t:

Talk about interest. :(

JPaul
08-18-2005, 11:17 PM
so no one does it?

Want that new livingroom set? Pay only $20 a month. :dry: Too bad probably $7 of that actually goes to the set.

I bought my 65" HDTV for $2200 and interest and payments are deferred 'till 2007. If I pay it off before then there is no interest charged. Come 2007, if I leave 1 cent left on the balance, I get charged the entire accrued interest up to that time.

There are many places that sell furniture with NINP for at least 6 months and I've seen as long as 3 years.

Slightly off-topic but another thing is to get 0% interest on your vehicle purchase. My Toyota Camry had $5000 of interest on a 5-year note....I still wish I had it...since it was already paid off and :dog: fine.

Sweeping generalizations are, as a rule, pish.

Busyman
08-18-2005, 11:19 PM

Sweeping generalizations are, as a rule, pish.
:blink:

Peerzy
08-19-2005, 08:04 AM

You post does not interest me though :unsure:

Barbarossa
08-19-2005, 09:23 AM
If you can't afford it, don't buy it ... :snooty:

Busyman
08-19-2005, 01:43 PM

You post does not interest me though :unsure:
Then fuck off.

(yet you commented on it though :wacko: )

Gripper
08-19-2005, 02:21 PM
It's a trap that can fuck you up big time,I know I fell into it,if ya can't afford it save up to get it,credit is for loser's(yeah I know ,I'm a loser)

sArA
08-19-2005, 03:04 PM
You have to be careful with rent to buy as you can end up owning something that is obsolete or just plain knackered. They can have long terms, and you will be paying in part for renting the thing and part to buy it. The rent idea (as I see it) is so that should your equipment fail, then it will be repaired/replaced at no extra cost. Unfortunately, it is usually after the guarantee has run out that things go wrong, so you are unlikely to gain anything by paying extra for the first 3 years or so (this also applies to extended guarantees imo)

If you really can't afford it and can't wait either, then I would suggest you either go with the 0% interest deal, or get a small personal loan (lower rates than rent to buy) and get the things you need 2nd hand.

Oh....of course, a lot depends on the terms and conditions of the scheme....read the small print very very carefully and check out the final cost.

Busyman
08-19-2005, 04:13 PM
You have to be careful with rent to buy as you can end up owning something that is obsolete or just plain knackered. They can have long terms, and you will be paying in part for renting the thing and part to buy it. The rent idea (as I see it) is so that should your equipment fail, then it will be repaired/replaced at no extra cost. Unfortunately, it is usually after the guarantee has run out that things go wrong, so you are unlikely to gain anything by paying extra for the first 3 years or so (this also applies to extended guarantees imo)

If you really can't afford it and can't wait either, then I would suggest you either go with the 0% interest deal, or get a small personal loan (lower rates than rent to buy) and get the things you need 2nd hand.

Oh....of course, a lot depends on the terms and conditions of the scheme....read the small print very very carefully and check out the final cost.
I love 0%.

I got

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/images/products/6388/6388553_ra.jpghttp://www.troybilt.com/wcsstore/pics/TroyBilt/13AT609G766_lg.jpg
http://content.sears.com/data/product_images/026/45986/02645986000-dlv.jpg

...all right after I moved, 0%, deferred to different years/months.

and I just paid this
http://www.lincoln.com/media/vehicles/ls/gallery/photos/ext_main_5.jpg
off...which was also at 0%, they paid my first car note, and free maintenance to 35,000 miles.

I went to 7 Lincoln dealerships before settling on a price but it paid off.

Rent to own works the same way that NINP works 'cause you're able use the item immediately.

This difference is that no interest means you only pay what the item costs and nothing more but you still must make regularly scheduled payments. Add no payment to the mix and you just make sure you have it paid before the end of the no payment term to avoid extra charges.

Bottomline......KEEP YOUR FUCKING CREDIT STRAIGHT. IT SAVES A SHITLOAD OF MONEY!!! :angry:

Also work your way down to a low interest credit card. I've seen as low as 4.5% fixed (with an annual fee) from Pulaski Bank (it's probably higher now). They only give those cards to A1 credit though. :dry: I have a 5.99% card.

GepperRankins
08-19-2005, 04:35 PM
credit cards are for retards. fact