PDA

View Full Version : Tupence Worth

Biggles
08-20-2005, 10:08 AM
Work has dragged me to the land of the southern sassenach for the past week, and without resurrecting the entire argument, can I just confirm that SGG did receive PMs from two (if not three) individuals regarding the Gillian Anderson thread. I am certain one was Robert but as I recall he was not the one that offered the photograph. SGG let me see the PMs at the time and they were basically hitting on her (to use an Americanism) and were mildly suggestive rather offensive or obscene. Manker did communicate with SGG and he did warn her to ignore such PMs. That is why I stated her age clearly on that particular thread. To the best of my knowledge that was the end of the matter and since then she has received no other unwanted PMs of this nature.

Her pants picture was perhaps ill advised after her previous experience but on the other hand it was hardly the most outrageous thing to appear on these boards. In one sense, because I do frequent the boards, she is at more liberty to clown around rather than less, because I can step in if things get out of hand.

In my view Robert does focus on the females on the board and, at best, he does come across as particularly artless in the noble craft of casual flirting ... turning something light and warmhearted into something quite disturbing and, for the younger girls, a bit scary.

PS thanks to those who batted on my behalf during my absence and nice to see JP has a new mortal enemy (has Leo gone already?)

missie
08-20-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm glad to see the issue has been taken seriously, and looked into by the mods. Let's hope it will encourage others to come forward when they
receive offensive/lewd pm's from members.

I've never hidden my dislike for Robert so I don't mind saying he's a sleazy, egocentric twat. And now that I know about the SGG incident, he makes my skin
crawl even more. I just pray he is a different character in real life, and not the complete ignoramus he appears to be when on-line.

Welcome back Mr.B. :w00t:

Santa
08-20-2005, 12:46 PM
that was worth more than a tuppence.

manker
08-20-2005, 01:16 PM
So that's what tact and diplomacy is.

Well said, Biggles. I hope you don't think I acted out of turn.

Btw, good to see you escaped from that foreign place with your hide intact :ph34r:

JPaul
08-20-2005, 02:48 PM
So that's what tact and diplomacy is.

Well said, Biggles. I hope you don't think I acted out of turn.

Btw, good to see you escaped from that foreign place with your hide intact :ph34r:
He probably kept his hide intact by not hiding his tact.

Les, Leo proved a disappointment, Robert even more so. The problem is I'm looking for someone of your quality as a mortal enemy and frankly they are few and far between. Obviously it can't be yourself, as you are too decent a spud.

I tried manker out for a while, but his natural predilection towards matter accountancy related proved too tedious for wordage.

Benxuk (or somesuch) made application for the post, however he just posted pish (something about Newton) and vanished again.

I'll just have to stick with wee Bobby until a better prospect appears.

GepperRankins
08-20-2005, 02:50 PM
what about me. 'cept i'm immortal :unsure:

manker
08-20-2005, 02:52 PM
He probably kept his hide intact by not hiding his tact.:happy:

Biggles
08-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Manker

No problem, you were around at the original thread and recall it all as well as anyone plus you are more adept at finding these old threads than I am.

PS Apologies for the mis-spelling of Tuppence in the thread title :blushing: :pinch:

manker
08-20-2005, 06:48 PM
A whole page of lounge threads and only one with a spelling error :ohmy:

Biggles
08-20-2005, 06:54 PM

Teh shame :blushing:

enoughfakefiles
08-20-2005, 06:56 PM

See, it`s not just me who does that manker.:snooty:

Biggles