PDA

View Full Version : Should Forum Stars Be Counted As Mod Team Members?

Peerzy
08-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Should Forum Stars (VB1234, Rperry and so on) be classed as members of the Moderation Team?

manker
08-20-2005, 10:54 PM
They're not.

Not part of the mod team, anyhow.

As I understand it, they just get to look at and comment upon the topics in team-chat.

Peerzy
08-20-2005, 10:57 PM
They're not.

As I understand it, they just get to look at and comment upon the topics in team-chat.

And in the report section :dry: Which clearly states:

Report Section
Wanna report something? Start a thread here. Only you and the team can view your thread(s).

enoughfakefiles
08-20-2005, 11:10 PM
They're not.

So did bujub and wasn`t a forum star. :ph34r:

manker
08-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Oh, right.

Meh, who cares. I don't have a problem with any of the forum stars.

Barbarossa
08-22-2005, 09:14 AM
I thought forum stars were people who used to be mods, but gave it up?

Do you want to conscript them back in? :unsure:

GepperRankins
08-23-2005, 03:53 PM
is J2 a forum star? he might start deleting dissenting posts and enforce stupid rules about making his crew look bad for the sake of security :ermm:

no

j2k4
08-23-2005, 10:08 PM
is J2 a forum star? he might start deleting dissenting posts and enforce stupid rules about making his crew look bad for the sake of security :ermm:

no

I am not a forum star, Dave.

What makes you think I'd do what you say?

Do you think me vengeful?

If I were gifted with the ability to delete posts, and found myself inclined to subtract dissent from this forum, why, it'd be my own personal blog, as there would be no evidence of anyone but me.

Seriously, you'd do better than to keep taking up such asinine thoughts to begin with.

GepperRankins
08-23-2005, 10:21 PM
it was a ghey joke about your politics. sorry :sadwalk:

tesco
08-23-2005, 10:43 PM
They aren't, imo, to be considered a part of the moderation team, because they're former mods and therefore did not want to be a part of the team anymore.

That's not to say that they aren't still appreciated for there efforts in the past. :)

They still have access to team areas such as report section and team chat so that they can still have a say in how the board runs, and in that context they are considered part of the team.

Peerzy
08-24-2005, 03:16 AM
They aren't, imo, to be considered a part of the moderation team, because they're former mods and therefore did not want to be a part of the team anymore.

That's not to say that they aren't still appreciated for there efforts in the past. :)

They still have access to team areas such as report section and team chat so that they can still have a say in how the board runs, and in that context they are considered part of the team.

:blink:

manker
08-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Nice to see Ross not sitting on the fence :lol:

j2k4
08-24-2005, 07:55 PM
it was a ghey joke about your politics. sorry :sadwalk:

No worries. :)

Rat Faced
08-24-2005, 09:44 PM
They are part of the team imho, just not Mods.

There experiance and dedication to the success of the board is appreciated and any input from them is welcomed.

As the normal members dont have access to all areas of the board, and yet the Mods have to be accountable, then the Forum Stars can be looked at as those that try and keep us in line behind the scenes.

Busyman
08-24-2005, 10:48 PM

Makes sense to me. :ermm:

j2k4
08-25-2005, 01:39 AM

...the Forum Stars can be looked at as those that try and keep us in line behind the scenes.

And Lord knows you need that, Rat... :huh:

manker
08-25-2005, 08:50 AM

There experiance and dedication to the success of the board is appreciated and any input from them is welcomed.

As the normal members dont have access to all areas of the board, and yet the Mods have to be accountable, then the Forum Stars can be looked at as those that try and keep us in line behind the scenes.Noice, so presumably, in turn, the mods then keep admin in line behind the scenes. Admin then tell Brian what needs to be done.

So ... given that members and forum stars keep the mods in line within sections of the board we can all see, it follows that:

Forum stars > members > mods > admin > Rookie.

Quality. It's très agréable to be on the second tier - you third section pleb :P

Peerzy
08-26-2005, 01:21 AM

It makes sense, i cannot see where i said it didn't. He just said something, then contradicted himself later in the post.

BTW for Americans use this (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=contradicted) to help you with this post.

PS in that post you broke a rule, try and guess which one it was.

tesco
08-26-2005, 01:25 AM

It makes sense, i cannot see where i said it didn't. He just said something, then contradicted himself later in the post.
:01:
Guess I haven't decided then. :cry:

twisterX
10-01-2005, 03:48 AM
how do u get the contributer stars.

manker
10-01-2005, 04:43 PM
how do u get the contributer stars.Either be mates with a mod and ask him/her or post a lot of stuff in a section that no-one reads.

It's as easy as it is pointless.