PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue III coming to Xbox360?

mike45450
08-24-2005, 02:16 PM
http://games.kikizo.com/news/200508/141_p1.asp

Apparently it's a very reliable source, if it's true then damn, i've been waiting for this day for 2 years.

orcutt989
08-25-2005, 12:31 AM
If they make Shenmue III as ground-breaking and amazing as the first, then it will be completely great. I can just imagine the graphics.

BawA
08-31-2005, 06:00 AM
it was supposed to release on xbox1 but many things went wrong in Sega when SAMI bought more then 50% shares of Sega, am waiting for this game from DC time, 1 and 2 were amazing, not match for them AT ALL and i mean it. i still hope it releases on DC but on Xbox 360 the graphic would be much better altho it was way ahead in DC from others. but in other hands xbox doesnt gets much releases as Playstation so it would be a waste to buy it just for a game.

its still not cleared on which consoul it will release.

However, what is certain is that the game, or games, are theoretically complete and ready to be ported to Xbox 360, PS3 or Revolution, depending on a deal with one of the hardware manufacturers - although it could just as easily end up as a multiformat next-gen release. Our source explained, "it will depend on a hardware manufacturer deal - if they get a profitable deal it will be exclusive to one format, but, if it makes more sense, it might be worthwhile [to release] on multi platform. The options are still open."

Peerzy
08-31-2005, 06:58 AM
it was supposed to release on xbox1 but many things went wrong in Sega when SAMI bought more then 50% shares of Sega, am waiting for this game from DC time, 1 and 2 were amazing, not match for them AT ALL and i mean it. i still hope it releases on DC but on Xbox 360 the graphic would be much better altho it was way ahead in DC from others. but in other hands xbox doesnt gets much releases as Playstation so it would be a waste to buy it just for a game.

its still not cleared on which consoul it will release.

However, what is certain is that the game, or games, are theoretically complete and ready to be ported to Xbox 360, PS3 or Revolution, depending on a deal with one of the hardware manufacturers - although it could just as easily end up as a multiformat next-gen release. Our source explained, "it will depend on a hardware manufacturer deal - if they get a profitable deal it will be exclusive to one format, but, if it makes more sense, it might be worthwhile [to release] on multi platform. The options are still open."

So you want them to release a game on the newest console and a console that was released 6 years ago :blink:

Also get spelling lessons, please :pinch:

3RA1N1AC
08-31-2005, 07:16 AM
many things went wrong in Sega when SAMI bought more then 50% shares of Sega
oh things were already going wrong BEFORE sammy bought sega. sega was on the verge of collapsing and sammy's money saved it from that. sega needed a new business strategy and unfortunately they haven't really come up with a new strategy that works. they've tried to grab more of a mainstream audience by moving away from the weird experimental-style games in favor of more typical mainstream stuff, yet failed to reach that audience... and at the same time they've managed to disappoint hardcore sega fans who really loved the weird sega games (SEAMAN, SAMBA DE AMIGO, REZ, etc).

also, electronic arts' purchase of exclusive rights to certain pro sports licenses has hurt sega a bit, i imagine. sega makes fine sports games, but without the pro sports brand names it's difficult to sell those games.

just sayin', there's more to the story than "sammy ruined sega." :P

3RA1N1AC
08-31-2005, 07:27 AM
So you want them to release a game on the newest console and a console that was released 6 years ago :blink:
well japan is kind of peculiar that way -- they often keep releasing new material in old video/audio/game formats long after they've been replaced by newer formats. there's always a niche of extremely loyal fans who will keep buying stuff for their antiquated machines in japan. in the west we just declare the format dead and move on to something else, but japan often refuses to let its formats die completely. you could still get new laserdiscs, neo geo cartridges, etc in japan for several more years after the rest of the world had abandoned those formats. as recently as the year 2000?, i think, people in the west were ordering "the phantom menace" on laserdisc from japan because it had only been released on vhs here (for some reason the dvd was withheld from the market for quite a while).

but in the case of dreamcast... i doubt sega's going to release any more games for it. if anybody still does make dreamcast games, it's prolly mostly tiny companies doing anime/hentai-style point 'n' click adventures or parlor games (video-mahjong, video-pachinko, etc).

Peerzy
08-31-2005, 07:52 AM
well japan is kind of peculiar that way -- they often keep releasing new material in old video/audio/game formats long after they've been replaced by newer formats. there's always a niche of extremely loyal fans who will keep buying stuff for their antiquated machines in japan. in the west we just declare the format dead and move on to something else, but japan often refuses to let its formats die completely. you could still get new laserdiscs, neo geo cartridges, etc in japan for several more years after the rest of the world had abandoned those formats. as recently as the year 2000?, i think, people in the west were ordering "the phantom menace" on laserdisc from japan because it had only been released on vhs here (for some reason the dvd was withheld from the market for quite a while).

but in the case of dreamcast... i doubt sega's going to release any more games for it. if anybody still does make dreamcast games, it's prolly mostly tiny companies doing anime/hentai-style point 'n' click adventures or parlor games (video-mahjong, video-pachinko, etc).

Do you think the Dreamcast will be able to play Xbox 360 graphics? Or that Xbox 360 customers will settle for Dreamcast graphics? Or that Developers will make an Xbox 360 version and a Dreamcast version?

3RA1N1AC
08-31-2005, 08:00 AM
Do you think the Dreamcast will be able to play Xbox 360 graphics? Or that Xbox 360 customers will settle for Dreamcast graphics? Or that Developers will make an Xbox 360 version and a Dreamcast version?
nope. that's crazy talk. :lol: