PDA

View Full Version : How to stop a Baby from Crying tips?

Santa
08-26-2005, 02:16 AM
Do you have any tips on how to stop a baby from crying?

There seem to be different types

1. i want nipple cry
2. i want more nipple cry
3. nipple spray too fast cry
4 i don't want more nipple cry
5.my stomach feels like crap..cry..burp, puke
6.i'm bored entertain me cry
7.your entertainment is boring take me outside cry
8. my nose is cold cry?
9 i want nipple cry
10 and then you have the worst the one where everything is wrong - i call everything sucks cry

i mean how the fuck are we supposed to decipher this language.
but when he really really cries
(which he has recently discovered...(neat trick) :shifty:
it is almost impossible to know what he wants - so we try everything.
-milk, warmth, diaper cleaning, bath, sing, go for walks, visual entertainment, burping techniques,music, bouncy bounce the works
sometimes it just doesn't help :cry:

any tips?

Greets confused50%

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/4274/image000080ju.jpg

Virtualbody1234
08-26-2005, 02:28 AM
The baby is showing you who's boss. That's all.

Smith
08-26-2005, 02:36 AM
Aww, cute :)

Congrats (ya there belated, there still good)

muchspl3
08-26-2005, 03:01 AM
shake them?
try some niquel or some whiskey

Virtualbody1234
08-26-2005, 03:10 AM
shake them?
Now that's just bad advice.

brotherdoobie
08-26-2005, 04:02 AM
My son used to get colic really bad when he was a baby. I would drive him
around in the car every night, to get him to fall asleep.

I would run a vacuum cleaner,the shower and put his baby carrier on the
washer,during the spin cycle...when I couldn't take him for a ride.

I called his mother at work one night...crying. I begged her to come home!
The boy owes me.

Good luck,Zed!

Peace Paul

Spicker
08-26-2005, 04:50 AM
ur baby is HAWT(cute)

Good Luck.....

how long till the baby comes on fst :lol: i hope the first word is piracy :lol: :lol:

enoughfakefiles
08-26-2005, 09:28 AM
These work pretty well. :D

http://www.elvex.com/Images/EP201211.jpg

DarthInsinuate
08-26-2005, 11:34 AM
try grabbing and shaking it

(for God's sake that's meant as irony, don't fucking do it)

ziggyjuarez
08-26-2005, 11:37 AM
"In romania,we eat the baby"

Gripper
08-26-2005, 11:50 AM
You need these
http://www.billybobpacifiers.com/

peat moss
08-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Car rides alway's worked for me, by the time you get the little bugger strapped in he'll fall aspleep. Or a walk with the stroller works too.

Another trick its to rest him on your knee's on his tummy , while watching tv and rock him to sleep. When he's older buy a little baby swing works every time . :) Don't listen to that old wifes tale that you can over feed a baby either , if he's hungry feed him. ;)

maebach
08-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Car rides alway's worked for me, by the time you get the little bugger strapped in he'll fall aspleep. Or a walk with the stroller works too.

Another trick its to rest him on your knee's on his tummy , while watching tv and rock him to sleep. When he's older buy a little baby swing works every time . :) Don't listen to that old wifes tale that you can over feed a baby either , if he's hungry feed him. ;)

you're an expert :ohmy:

peat moss
08-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Expert ? No all three kids trained me well ! ;)

GepperRankins
08-26-2005, 01:27 PM
sell him on the black market.

Smith
08-26-2005, 04:00 PM

"In Soviet Russia, baby eats you!"

:unsure:

Everose
08-26-2005, 06:20 PM
:inlove: Ohhhhhhhhh 100%.........he is such a little cutey!

I remember that crying and feeling so helpless in understanding what the little one is needing. :(

Keep talking to him in a calm soothing manner and try not to get tense, because he will sense this and it tends to make them tenser. (easier said than done, I know!)

You will do fine. :)

Santa
08-27-2005, 12:41 AM
:lol: all your replies - it got pretty desperate the other night - he doesn't cry often but the other night nothing worked

The baby is showing you who's boss. That's all.

and the more you let him the more he rules
as in la life
however in this case it is great to let him
but at a certain point he will have to learn you dont get everything for a simple cry
at this stage it is vital he gets enough of everything - 3 weeks old....
what have you done in the last 3 weeks?

Aww, cute

Congrats (ya there belated, there still good)

never too late for a compliment ; )

shake them?

yeas i read up on the shaking thing - they say a even small jerk is enough to break the arteries in the neck, so he slowly gets lack of blood... i'm not to certain it would help with screaming of him, the wife, the ambulance, the family and your conciousness...

whisky does have a soothing effect on me although the mama's milk seems to totally drug him down for a while but not always

My son used to get colic really bad when he was a baby. I would drive him around in the car every night, to get him to fall asleep.
I would run a vacuum cleaner,the shower and put his baby carrier on the
washer,during the spin cycle...when I couldn't take him for a ride.
I called his mother at work one night...crying. I begged her to come home!
The boy owes me.
Good luck,Zed!
Peace Paul

nice advice - i heard about colic sounds like hell - 50% definetly doesn't have this(yet...), just occasional baots its very frustrating.
I noticed that movement makes baby pass out - his mama thinks the baby either wants Nipple or coziness - i think he needs visual and physical entertainment - sun through trees & reflection on the sea are his favs at the moment - tv is totally uninteresting...
i didn't quite get that - i should tape to him my vacuum cleaner behind the car through a shower of rain and then put him in for spin cycle? :P
The mother is all - she is the source - the nipple - the dad is mere functional side attraction - but there will be plenty of time later.

ur baby is HAWT(cute)
Good Luck.....
how long till the baby comes on fst
i hope the first word is piracy

he is the hawtEST :01:
He is constantly trying to say something, formulate it and im sure it is something only dolphins with iq of 45389565 understand - in the meantime he has said "pfffffffffffirraaaaaaaahhhhhhcccccyyyyyyyyyyysssssss" thru his ass

These work pretty well.

http://www.elvex.com/Images/EP201211.jpg
:D
this also
http://www.ptreechaine.org/images/cork%20puller.jpg

Santa
08-27-2005, 12:43 AM
try grabbing and shaking it

(for God's sake that's meant as irony, don't fucking do it)

are you talking about masturbation? :blink:

:lol: seems like a sustainable solution

You need these
http://www.billybobpacifiers.com/

those are brilliant if i find one in a shop ill definetly get one - just to embaress the mother- wtf is up with trying to make your baby fashionable? when all he is beyond fashion or stigmata.
where trying to avoid Nipple substitution...which has side effects
my brother used put his finger in his babies mouth to suck on - he says he regrets it now
http://www.billybobpacifiers.com/images/bunny_baby.jpg

Another trick its to rest him on your knee's on his tummy , while watching tv and rock him to sleep. When he's older buy a little baby swing works every time . Don't listen to that old wifes tale that you can over feed a baby either , if he's hungry feed him.

we no car have :cry: - but stroller works, he definetly doesn't like public transport :snooty: (industrial noise) carrying him is exllent - in the iranian shop i placed him on the cashiers fruit - it became a big event - if he had been tomatoes he would have cost 55rupees :P
will try tummy trick
at this stage i agree he needs to eat
they also say if you let him cry too long alone he becomes "isolated".. probably quaizy true - but isolated could also mean independent :01:
My parents where my bros & sis immmediatly in seperate room in crib, would only come if the crying was too long.
The older generation had a whole different set of rules - alot stricter

Santa
08-27-2005, 12:44 AM
you're an expert
you will too be :shifty:
although his kids aint pro star football yet..

Expert ? No all three kids trained me well !
fuk yeah its friday night, 4 phone calls people telling me to come out - massive opeing hawt us art party and what did i do - clean house, dishes,hoover,wash,hang clothes,make dinner,comfort la mamma,take 50% for 2 walks,wipe ass - i think its a good training - life is just begining - there are always parties travel etc

sell him on the black market.
will he cry less on the black market? if so does his price go up or down? :blink:

"In Soviet Russia, baby eats you!"

actually - Babies throught the entire world are united in one thing

THEY EAT
http://www.unitique.com/images/breasts.jpg

http://yalenewhavenhealth.org/library/healthguide/en-us/images/media/medical/hw/h5550926.jpg

:inlove: Ohhhhhhhhh 100%.........he is such a little cutey!

I remember that crying and feeling so helpless in understanding what the little one is needing.

Keep talking to him in a calm soothing manner and try not to get tense, because he will sense this and it tends to make them tenser. (easier said than done, I know!)

You will do fine.

Thank you beautiful words - although he does sometimes look at me suspiciously as if he knows everything. So easy to forget the purety.

Thanks for replies :happy:

peat moss
08-27-2005, 01:54 AM
I envy you a little ,I took time of work for the birth of my last one . Wife would use a breast pump to fill bottles for me and go to bingo or a movie with friends . She needed the break my other two were like 3 and 5 at the time but very good helpers . :)

Everose
08-27-2005, 02:21 AM
Dads are extremely important. Both to the little ones and the Moms.

My two childrens' father and I are divorced, but he will always have a special place in my heart because he has always been, and still remains a very good Daddy to our kids.

peat moss
08-27-2005, 02:34 AM
I'm not sure what the time limit is now in Canada but mom or dad could use thier unemployent insurance to split time to help JR. It was 3 months now its 6 ,I think and what a great idea who can afford to miss work. I was lucky my outaws lived close by .

To this day I swear my mother inlaw put a cork in our baby till I got home from work or errands . Hey look Daddies home lets fill our pants . :pinch:

muchspl3
08-27-2005, 02:47 AM
shake them?
Now that's just bad advice.
thats what my mum did and look at me now :unsure: