PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Speed Cameras!

sArA
08-27-2005, 02:05 PM
I have just received a fucking speeding ticket.....3 points and 60 quid (I now have 6 points on my licence)

The annoying thing about all of this is that I was caught in Staffordshire on the A51. I am not familiar with the road....it is a very large wide and fast road and I was doing 50 mph which I thought was well under the speed limit....

It would have been if I hadn't been caught out by one of those nice litte 60 to 40 traps....the bastards.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Santa
08-27-2005, 02:14 PM
....3 points and 60 quid (I now have 6 points on my licence

ouch 3 points wtf for 10mph difference :blink: - that hurts :pinch:
i thought it was 1 point per naughtiness - depending of course..

If you want we can set up a major international web petition to relieve you of this fine. :cool2: it'll cost 60 quid plus expenses :cool2:

sArA
08-27-2005, 02:20 PM
The fine isn't so bad.....its the points that will be the stinger on my insurance.....

Having said all that.....I think I got away with doing :cough: a ton on the motorway 3 weeks ago as I got my speed down to 80 (I was in traffic) and the cop with the radar gun smiled at me and gave me the thumbs up.

I guess I should be glad of that cos 12 points = a ban....

I am going to be extra careful from now on.....20 years of motoring with a clean licence...up until the fucking cameras started appearing....bastards, bastards

Guillaume
08-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Were you on the bike or in the car? :w00t:

edit: oh yeah, speeding is bad, m'kay? :shifty:

Santa
08-27-2005, 03:01 PM
i once got stopped at 5am quite drunk with buddy, + smashed back window - the cops checked the car license(belonging to my boss) - found out the car wasn't insured - i know that they knew we had drunk - the only thing they did was cut off the plates and tell us to park and walk.
In this country if your caught with any level of Alc% you loose your license
nice cops

Virtualbody1234
08-27-2005, 03:06 PM
http://www.wreckered.co.uk/pics/cars/camera.jpg

Speed kills.

Santa
08-27-2005, 03:09 PM
http://www.wreckered.co.uk/pics/cars/camera.jpg

Speed kills.

MadMaxPolice :lol:

tesco
08-27-2005, 03:53 PM
Haha, i've been reading my driving book.
Here it's 3 points if your 16-29km/h over the speed limit. :snooty:

Gripper
08-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Just tell them you were scared 'cuase you' wandered into the "Black Country" by mistake and were trying to escape as quick as possible:)

Smith
08-27-2005, 04:28 PM
I was reading a sign when on the highway yesterday. It said if your 10km/h over the speed limit it was like a 20$ fine.

Canada pwns :01:

GepperRankins
08-27-2005, 04:39 PM
canadian police are slack

Rat Faced
08-27-2005, 04:51 PM
I think I got away with doing :cough: a ton on the motorway 3 weeks ago as I got my speed down to 80 (I was in traffic) and the cop with the radar gun smiled at me and gave me the thumbs up.

That means "Its OK, I already clocked you"....

....not "Its OK you slowed up in time"..

...esp when you only slowed up to 10 mph over the limit..

:snooty:

Wolfmight
08-28-2005, 02:52 PM
It sucks, but most people can get away with 5mph over the speed limit...but 6 and your a gonner out there.

Korean Cops: He gowing .1 ova spee limit! Wee go kiew him!!! Com on! *assault rifile fires the cars tires out, leaving a 180 spin*

sArA
08-29-2005, 11:51 PM
I think I got away with doing :cough: a ton on the motorway 3 weeks ago as I got my speed down to 80 (I was in traffic) and the cop with the radar gun smiled at me and gave me the thumbs up.

That means "Its OK, I already clocked you"....

....not "Its OK you slowed up in time"..

...esp when you only slowed up to 10 mph over the limit..

:snooty:

I just hope you are wrong....3 weeks and still no letter.....

@ Guillaume....in me car....

NikkiD
08-29-2005, 11:53 PM
I was reading a sign when on the highway yesterday. It said if your 10km/h over the speed limit it was like a 20$ fine.

Canada pwns :01:

Depends on where you are in Canada - some areas are more like $100 for 10km/hr over. Of course that where I just happened to get pulled over. :dry:

Jon L. Obscene
08-30-2005, 01:42 AM
Never been caught :01: too fast :lol:

Jonno :cool:

j2k4
08-30-2005, 02:18 AM
Gee whiz, Sara-you gotta stop giving that little black bomb her head.

Isn't the image enough? :D

Barbarossa
08-30-2005, 12:20 PM
I have just received a fucking speeding ticket.....3 points and 60 quid (I now have 6 points on my licence)

The annoying thing about all of this is that I was caught in Staffordshire on the A51. I am not familiar with the road....it is a very large wide and fast road and I was doing 50 mph which I thought was well under the speed limit....

It would have been if I hadn't been caught out by one of those nice litte 60 to 40 traps....the bastards.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

It really annoys me that the cameras don't display what the speed limit is on them. To me, this is as bad as when the cameras used to be hidden. The rules changed disallowing that (most of them are now painted bright yellow), but quite often you're not sure if a particular section of road is 40 or 50.

I agree, speed cameras suck!

Also I hate traffic-light cameras, the number of times I've had to emergency-stop because I don't want to chance going over on amber... :(

:lol: You find yourself getting slower and slower as you approach the lights, expecting them to change, which of course they eventually do when you reach about 5 miles an hour... and if you had carried on at your original speed you'd have been OK... :frusty:

|F1|
08-31-2005, 05:55 AM
http://www.phantomplate.com/ supposedly works against speed cameras, traffic light cameras, etc.

Rat Faced
08-31-2005, 08:36 PM
Most places in UK you can get away with 10% over the limit, however it depends upon the Police Force whose area your in.. :cry:

/me counts his blessings..