PDA

View Full Version : GM will launch self–driving car in 2008

RealitY
08-28-2005, 01:31 AM
This will totally give new meaning to the term auto-pilot: GM will be launching a vehicle with an actual self-driving system in its 2008 Opel Vectra. That’s right — think KITT, people, but without the smarmy voice (well, we assume, anyway). It will be able to pilot itself even in heavy traffic at up to 60 mph, which is more than we can say for most of our friends, really. It’ll be using lasers, a video camera and a sophisticated computer brain to recognize signs and detect obstacles. Let’s hope the OS it uses is, um, extremely stable.
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000137056230/

Santa
08-28-2005, 01:50 AM
we have women drivers and now pc drivers.... fuk

how predictable is it humanly?
if i pass on the right side (aka wrong side cause hes too slow and jamming trafffic) wtf does it do swerve right???

oh sorry it was a glitch
bsod?

Virtualbody1234
08-28-2005, 03:39 AM
We've had PC drivers for a while already. ;)

SpatulaGeekGirl
08-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah right.

ziggyjuarez
08-29-2005, 09:29 PM
technology is gay

Jon L. Obscene
08-29-2005, 09:55 PM
Great idea.

Altho I think they should put the money into speed limiters, a system on roads where you pass a 30mph sign and it triggers the system in you car and wont let you go over 30mph.
This would obviously take a while to introduce on all roads, but start with the roads known for speeders and work from there.
I realise there'll be people going "Oh no way man I always break the limit cos they're too slow" or some such bollocks, speed limits save lives, thats a fact, this would save more lives.

I think that would have an amazing effect on the road casualties.

Jonno :cool:

NikkiD
08-29-2005, 10:30 PM
Great idea.

Altho I think they should put the money into speed limiters, a system on roads where you pass a 30mph sign and it triggers the system in you car and wont let you go over 30mph.
This would obviously take a while to introduce on all roads, but start with the roads known for speeders and work from there.
I realise there'll be people going "Oh no way man I always break the limit cos they're too slow" or some such bollocks, speed limits save lives, thats a fact, this would save more lives.

I think that would have an amazing effect on the road casualties.

Uh-uh, no way, not gonna fly. How the hell would I ever get anywhere on time if I couldn't speed? :ohmy:

Virtualbody1234
08-29-2005, 10:52 PM
... How the hell would I ever get anywhere on time if I couldn't speed? :ohmy:
Leave at the right time?

NikkiD
08-29-2005, 11:00 PM
... How the hell would I ever get anywhere on time if I couldn't speed? :ohmy:
Leave at the right time?

That would be unheard of. :ph34r:

BTW, I am just kidding. I'm typically early everywhere I go. Probably cause I drive fast.

Jon L. Obscene
08-30-2005, 01:37 AM
So start even earlier and drive slower :)

Tis safer and aparently so people tell me you get there just as quick :huh: not sure about that one but I've decided I not gonna speed anymore :01:

I realised this the other day when a transit van pulled out of a drive in front of me (backing out blind), I was doing 33mph, I stopped in time.....just, I normally pull 40-45 down that road, had I have been the other day I'd prolly be eating cold beans on toast in a hospital right now....or worse....like salad :dry:
This is'nt a new revelation for me btw lol, just that one would have been nasty, I'd have have been pilled into the side wall :ph34r: ouch.......and my bike would have got broked :unsure:

GepperRankins
08-30-2005, 01:42 AM
speed doesn't kill. stupid people kill

lynx
08-30-2005, 01:54 AM
speed doesn't kill. stupid people killWhat about people with speed guns. :shifty:

GepperRankins
08-30-2005, 01:57 AM
they just annoy