PDA

View Full Version : ARRGHHH. I'm working a 7 hour Door shift tomorrow...

Rip The Jacker
08-28-2005, 07:30 AM
Sigh... I'm working a Door shift at the movie theatre tomorrow....

I get to stand on my feet in one place for 7 hours strait, ripping people's tickets. :(

The standing for 7 hours isn't even the bad part. The bad part? People. Some people are too dumb to breathe, why even go to the movies? While at Door, people will ask you stupid questions, annoy you, harass you, try to sneak in, ask you to "hook them up."

God. It's horrible. I get the question "Where do I validate my parking ticket?" 6 million times in one day, even with the huge sign a couple of feet away.

One time I was in front of a theatre checking tickets for an R rated movie, and some old lady walked out of the theatre, she said "Can i come back in without my ticket stub?" I said "Um... your supposed to have it with you."

So what did I do? I tried to be nice. I said "Well i guess i could try and remember you." What did she say? "Well, what if I smacked you upside your stupid head? Would you remember me then?" and walked away.

An old lady man, in her 60's and everything, I wanted to stab the stupid bitch. People suck man, people suck. I always get morons bringing in food from outside, then I get the classic line... "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT BRING FOOD IN?!" .... it's a movie theatre asshole, what did you expect? Jeez.

So then you refuse to let them in, because your not allowed to, then they refuse to move, so the line gets held up. So your forced to let them in, then the managers get mad at you for letting them in with food. Hell, it's a lose lose situation.

Grrr.... 7 hours man, standing there... listening to idiots... and teenangers with short attention spans that hand you their ticket and walk away without the stub... and 60 year old lady's who threaten to smack you.... and people who are too dumb to stick a parking ticket inside a little blue box properly.

Sigh... I need a new job...

[/Rant]

Sorry... had to get that out...

ModestoMouse
08-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Move out of LA

JPaul
08-28-2005, 08:26 AM
I feel your pain RTJ.

Most jobs would be great (except accountant) if it weren't for the people.

Cheese
08-28-2005, 08:40 AM

I get to stand on my feet in one place for 7 hours strait, ripping people's tickets. :(

The standing for 7 hours isn't even the bad part. The bad part? People. Some people are too dumb to breathe, why even go to the movies? While at Door, people will ask you stupid questions, annoy you, harass you, try to sneak in, ask you to "hook them up."

God. It's horrible. I get the question "Where do I validate my parking ticket?" 6 million times in one day, even with the huge sign a couple of feet away.

One time I was in front of a theatre checking tickets for an R rated movie, and some old lady walked out of the theatre, she said "Can i come back in without my ticket stub?" I said "Um... your supposed to have it with you."

So what did I do? I tried to be nice. I said "Well i guess i could try and remember you." What did she say? "Well, what if I smacked you upside your stupid head? Would you remember me then?" and walked away.

An old lady man, in her 60's and everything, I wanted to stab the stupid bitch. People suck man, people suck. I always get morons bringing in food from outside, then I get the classic line... "WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT BRING FOOD IN?!" .... it's a movie theatre asshole, what did you expect? Jeez.

So then you refuse to let them in, because your not allowed to, then they refuse to move, so the line gets held up. So your forced to let them in, then the managers get mad at you for letting them in with food. Hell, it's a lose lose situation.

Grrr.... 7 hours man, standing there... listening to idiots... and teenangers with short attention spans that hand you their ticket and walk away without the stub... and 60 year old lady's who threaten to smack you.... and people who are too dumb to stick a parking ticket inside a little blue box properly.

[/Rant]

I know what you mean. Too many mouth-breathers are spoiling my summer job as well. I just can't believe they make people that stupid.

Things that wind me up include: not having your money ready when I serve you and then taking ages to find your wallet/purse/cash, taking ages to move away from the till area after the transaction thus creating a huge queue, the "just one more thing" mouth-breathers who end up adding 10 "just one more things". And children, I fucking hate children.

Still, some of the single mothers are hawt.:ermm:

natedogg
08-28-2005, 10:11 AM
then just quit the job already if you hate it so much

Gripper
08-28-2005, 01:42 PM
He can't quit,whos gonna release all those dodgy cams on torrents if he quits :shifty:

Wolfmight
08-28-2005, 01:53 PM
They need to replace that job with a machine-n-camera(s).

lee551
08-28-2005, 05:01 PM
working with the public in general blows ass man. people individually can be great, but in a group can be so fucking dumb. i worked in a walmart-type store for 2 years in high school and i would have not minded that job one bit if i could have removed all the customers. :lol:

Busyman
08-28-2005, 05:03 PM

[/Rant]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know exactly what you mean. I used to work at a movie theater do that same shit. Trust me...that's one of easiest jobs there..besides ushering. You DON'T WANT TO DO THE CONCESSION STAND!!!!111!1!!

I had it a little worse....I worked at a hood movie theater.

Not only did I have the problems you had, I had to deal with "fighting" attitudes (well you did have the old lady) when folks didn't there way.

At 2 in the morning the last movies were letting out and this one fella wanted to hang around and go into other theaters so I said "You have to exit this way". He just LOST IT and chased me around the concession stand (it was a circle in the middle of the lobby). When he couldn't catch me (I was fast :lol: ) he said "Wait 'till you get outside motherfucker."

:ohmy:

Another time, this white fella (he was the only white fella that worked there) named Patrick was working and I was in the theater watching a movie for free (not working). I watched about the 3 three fellas movie hop in then I saw skinny frail Patrick come in there, see the fellas and came up to their seats and said "Excuse me guys. You didn't pay for this movie and you are going to have t...." CRACK...one fellas cracked him across the jaw and they ran out of the theater. :pinch:

Patrick was floored of course. :wacko:

Your situation is lightweight. Tell the folks either abide the rules or GTFO and STFO. They don't seem to give you THAT much trouble...well except for old ladies....but I think you could take 'em if ya had ta. ;)

Rip The Jacker
08-28-2005, 09:02 PM
I feel your pain RTJ.

Most jobs would be great (except accountant) if it weren't for the people.
True.

I know what you mean. Too many mouth-breathers are spoiling my summer job as well. I just can't believe they make people that stupid.

Things that wind me up include: not having your money ready when I serve you and then taking ages to find your wallet/purse/cash, taking ages to move away from the till area after the transaction thus creating a huge queue, the "just one more thing" mouth-breathers who end up adding 10 "just one more things". And children, I fucking hate children.

Still, some of the single mothers are hawt. :ermm:
Yeah, all those things also piss me off in the concession stand. People who take a whole 5 minutes looking for their wallet/purse, damn just have your stupid money out already! Kids suck the most. I'll be ripping tickets, and there will be a huge line building up, and a group of like 10 eight year old kids would show up, then all hand me their ticket one by one! If your all together, just hand me your tickets all at once you stupid morons. 10 stupid kids, all with the same tickets... theatre 3... strait ahead.... theatre 3... strait ahead.... theatre.... oh hell with it, same place as your friend man. I hate that, saying the same thing, over and over, I feel like a stupid robot.

He can't quit,whos gonna release all those dodgy cams on torrents if he quits
Shhhhh.... :shifty:

working with the public in general blows ass man. people individually can be great, but in a group can be so fucking dumb. i worked in a walmart-type store for 2 years in high school and i would have not minded that job one bit if i could have removed all the customers. :lol:
Yeah... don't get me wrong... some people can be really nice, or really cool. But most people, especially in groups... just idiots man...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I know exactly what you mean. I used to work at a movie theater do that same shit. Trust me...that's one of easiest jobs there..besides ushering. You DON'T WANT TO DO THE CONCESSION STAND!!!!111!1!!

I had it a little worse....I worked at a hood movie theater.

Not only did I have the problems you had, I had to deal with "fighting" attitudes (well you did have the old lady) when folks didn't there way.

At 2 in the morning the last movies were letting out and this one fella wanted to hang around and go into other theaters so I said "You have to exit this way". He just LOST IT and chased me around the concession stand (it was a circle in the middle of the lobby). When he couldn't catch me (I was fast :lol: ) he said "Wait 'till you get outside motherfucker."

:ohmy:

Another time, this white fella (he was the only white fella that worked there) named Patrick was working and I was in the theater watching a movie for free (not working). I watched about the 3 three fellas movie hop in then I saw skinny frail Patrick come in there, see the fellas and came up to their seats and said "Excuse me guys. You didn't pay for this movie and you are going to have t...." CRACK...one fellas cracked him across the jaw and they ran out of the theater.

Patrick was floored of course. :wacko:

Your situation is lightweight. Tell the folks either abide the rules or GTFO and STFO. They don't seem to give you THAT much trouble...well except for old ladies....but I think you could take 'em if ya had ta. ;)
Jeez. See this is why I run by my "I don't give a shit policy." If I'm at door checking tickets... and I see a person sneak in, and there isn't a manager around... what do I do? Nothing. Who cares, I'm not the guy losing money. Poor Patrick man... thats why I don't care... people are crazy. People will snap on you. I've never had anyone really threathen me, I consider myself lucky.

People could come up to me while I'm ripping tickets, and say "Yeah I'm just gonna use the bathroom, I'll be back." Then I'll see them strait out walk into a theatre, and I won't say anything. Who cares? I don't get paid enough to stop people from sneaking in, I make $6.95 man, and I've been working there for a year and a half. In that year in a half, I've gotten two raises, 10 cents each time. :frusty:

Well, 3 hours until I have to go to work. Damn. One of these days, I'm going to get so upset while at work, and quit on the spot. One day... I'm literally going to snap at someone, and yell something like "Hey asshole! Why don't you take your parking ticket... and shove it up your ass huh? The validation machine is right over there you stupid shit, do you not see the huge sign? ...dumbass."

See what people do to you... :(

Busyman
08-29-2005, 01:35 AM
Jeez. See this is why I run by my "I don't give a shit policy." If I'm at door checking tickets... and I see a person sneak in, and there isn't a manager around... what do I do? Nothing. Who cares, I'm not the guy losing money. Poor Patrick man... thats why I don't care... people are crazy. People will snap on you. I've never had anyone really threathen me, I consider myself lucky.

People could come up to me while I'm ripping tickets, and say "Yeah I'm just gonna use the bathroom, I'll be back." Then I'll see them strait out walk into a theatre, and I won't say anything. Who cares? I don't get paid enough to stop people from sneaking in, I make $6.95 man, and I've been working there for a year and a half. In that year in a half, I've gotten two raises, 10 cents each time. :frusty:

Well, 3 hours until I have to go to work. Damn. One of these days, I'm going to get so upset while at work, and quit on the spot. One day... I'm literally going to snap at someone, and yell something like "Hey asshole! Why don't you take your parking ticket... and shove it up your ass huh? The validation machine is right over there you stupid shit, do you not see the huge sign? ...dumbass."

See what people do to you... :(
You are a funny dude!!! :lol: :lol: You don't have stand up 7 hours straight plus put it in perspective....you aren't really doing any work like cleaning up.
Just stay from concession. Nowadays these movie theaters that have 22 screens get pretty hectic.

You get to watch all the free movies you want....although I have to admit that that wore off pretty quick for me. I liked it at first but soon it amounted to a place I take some female I wanted to bone and then not even that.

It was something about going back to work when I didn't have to be there...........

After the movie theater I started working at Up Against The Wall clothing store. That was much better since I got a 40% discount on everything in the store for the first 4 weeks (they wanted you to wear the clothes they sell).
Needless to say I added tons of Guess jeans to my wardrobe.

You can still say something to folks that try to get past the rules. Just watch how you say it and be smart. Patrick got right up on the dudes and was clocked.

One time I saw a fella right outside the theater get hit so hard that to this day it makes me wanna bitch up and tear up.

I had never in my life seen someones jaw just crack like that.

Keikan
08-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Reminds me of one day, i was working the "fringe" festival; there were no people around, the show had already started 30 mins ago, and there was a big sign with block letters saying "sold out". and then this girl comes and doesn't say anything just hands $10. i wondered if she was stupid or just ignorant.

People just don't know how to read.

Rip The Jacker
08-30-2005, 06:32 AM
@Busyman
I guess it isn't all that bad, 7 hours was a long time, but I was just standing there, not much, though it's annoying. The free movies part is pretty cool though. :P

@Keikan
That's how people are, stupid. On weekends, movie's would usually sell out. And once a movie is sold out, the word SOLD is shown instead of the movie's time. People still ask for tickets to the damn movie! "Oh what do you mean it's sold out?" :frusty: