PDA

View Full Version : Vatican plan to block gay priests

whypikonme
08-28-2005, 02:10 PM
So the Vatican is to ban gay priests, does this mean there will be a severe shortage? Or will they let the ones they already have, stay?

The new Pope faces his first controversy over the direction of the Catholic church after it was revealed that the Vatican has drawn up a religious instruction preventing gay men from being priests.

Source (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1558063,00.html)

Gay men will be in good company, women are also discriminated against.

ahctlucabbuS
08-28-2005, 03:05 PM
No surprise there,

when you elect a bigot with a collar to run your empire.

j2k4
08-28-2005, 03:31 PM
So the Vatican is to ban gay priests, does this mean there will be a severe shortage? Or will they let the ones they already have, stay?

The new Pope faces his first controversy over the direction of the Catholic church after it was revealed that the Vatican has drawn up a religious instruction preventing gay men from being priests.

Source (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,1558063,00.html)

While acknowledging the apparent irony of the statement as well as the opportunities it creates for sardonic humor, I must ask:

Are you Catholic?

(I am not)

Do you urge anti-Catholic discrimination in light of the statement?

Are you as picky about the mores and behaviors of Islamists or Buddhists as you are about Christians/Jews?

Do you think your views are consistant?

JPaul
08-28-2005, 03:49 PM

While acknowledging the apparent irony of the statement as well as the opportunities it creates for sardonic humor, I must ask:

Are you Catholic?

(I am not)

Are you as picky about the mores and behaviors of Islamists or Buddhists as you are about Christians/Jews?

You can't be bigoted against everyone, that would just be mental .... oh right.

At least he isn't being obvious .... sorry my mistake again.

Busyman
08-28-2005, 04:19 PM

I don't understand how you can be a gay priest anyway.

Aren't priest supposed to abstain from sex? Or is it just the feeling?

Are they blocking priests that were gay before the priesthood?

Will they block priests that have shown the propensity for having straight sex too?

Btw I wouldn't say this is a bigoted move in light of all the pedophiles that have permeated the Catholic Church.

However, to make it fair, they need to block priests that are having straight sex.

j2k4
08-28-2005, 04:45 PM

Are you Catholic?

(I am not)

You are forgiven, my Son. :)

JPaul
08-28-2005, 04:46 PM
Btw I wouldn't say this is a bigoted move in light of all the pedophiles that have permeated the Catholic Church.

I don't want to pick you up wrong here, however are you suggesting that there is a link between homosexuality and pedophilia.

JPaul
08-28-2005, 04:47 PM

You are forgiven, my Son. :)
Mea Maxima Culpa.

Rat Faced
08-28-2005, 11:48 PM
I dont think he is JP...

The point is.. as they are supposed to be above sins of the flesh altogether, as they say...

How would you know they were Gay, unless they partook as it were..

If they partook in those sins.. shouldnt they be defrocked anyway, ir-respective of whether it was with a man, woman, child or sheep..

They broke their vows whoever or whatever they slept with. :ph34r:

Busyman
08-29-2005, 12:02 AM

I don't want to pick you up wrong here, however are you suggesting that there is a link between homosexuality and pedophilia.
Yes if a priest likes sex with boys. :dry:

GepperRankins
08-29-2005, 12:10 AM
if a priest gets away with fucking kids, will he get away with fucking dudes?

JPaul
08-29-2005, 12:17 AM
The point is.. as they are supposed to be above sins of the flesh altogether, as they say...

Who told you that, let me assure you they were wrong.

The Lord himself was not above sin, what would make anyone think that Priests (of any denomination) were.

JPaul
08-29-2005, 12:20 AM
if a priest gets away with fucking kids, will he get away with fucking dudes?
Are there any levels of idiocy which you are not willing to sink to.

GepperRankins
08-29-2005, 12:23 AM
i was just trying to rephrase busymans question. fuck up

JPaul
08-29-2005, 12:31 AM
i was just trying to rephrase busymans question. fuck up
I'm taking that as a No.

Busyman
08-29-2005, 12:33 AM

The Lord himself was not above sin, what would make anyone think that Priests (of any denomination) were.
Are priests allowed to marry or have sex with women?

GepperRankins
08-29-2005, 12:36 AM

if JP says so :P

JPaul
08-29-2005, 07:28 AM

Yes, Anglican Priests are, Catholic Priests are not.

whypikonme
08-29-2005, 08:55 AM
l wonder why the Vatican would come out against gay priests, when they are all supposed to be celibate. Sounds like blind eye turning to me, as long as you're heterosexual, the ultimate hypocrisy. Maybe gays are getting the blame for the huge number of paedophile priests.

JPaul
08-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Could be, Busy certainly seems to think so.

I wonder if that is a common perception, that gay people are more likely to also be pedophiles.

Is there any statistical evidence for this, or is it merely a thing that some people assume.

Busyman
08-29-2005, 09:37 AM

I wonder if that is a common perception, that gay people are more likely to also be pedophiles.

Is there any statistical evidence for this, or is it merely a thing that some people assume.
How's that?

As far as what's seen in the headlines, it's priests with boys....not girls (I'm sure it exists though).

Rat Faced
08-29-2005, 10:14 AM

The Vatican has nothing to do with Anglican Priests (and no one calls them priests either :P )

The Catholic Priests are supposedly celibate, if they break that vow then they should be defrocked... If they dont, how would anyone know if they were Gay?

I wasnt talking about the old "wanking by christ" you seem to have implied there.. :rolleyes:

Busyman
08-29-2005, 10:20 AM

The Vatican has nothing to do with Anglican Priests (and no one calls them priests either :P )

The Catholic Priests are supposedly celibate, if they break that vow then they should be defrocked... If they dont, how would anyone know if they were Gay?
Then it's settled then...

Any Catholic priest found to be in a sexual relationship (gay or not) should be defrocked.

Sounds like a case of "it was already a rule to begin with". :dry:

The focus on gays is a target 'cause of the sex with boys doohicky.

The Vatican needed to clean that shit up a long time ago instead of covering it up. :ermm:

JPaul
08-29-2005, 12:08 PM

I believe that the Anglican Church refers to them as Priests. It certainly does so on it's website.

GepperRankins
08-29-2005, 12:22 PM
i got tought at school that the anglican church was invented just it didn't have to follow the vaticans rules.

i'm sure that's wrong though eh JP?

JPaul
08-29-2005, 12:28 PM

Then it's settled then...

Any Catholic priest found to be in a sexual relationship (gay or not) should be defrocked.

Sounds like a case of "it was already a rule to begin with". :dry:

The focus on gays is a target 'cause of the sex with boys doohicky.

The Vatican needed to clean that shit up a long time ago instead of covering it up. :ermm:

Catholic Priests do indeed take a vow of celibacy, as do various others within the Church, for example Nuns.

Whether they would be "de-frocked" if they were found to have broken that vow is another matter. We do have the concept of forgiveness.

I am quite sure that there are Catholic Priests who are sexually active. Just as I am sure that there are Anglican Priests who have affairs and that some of the clergy from other religions break their respective rules.

It is my understanding that Islam considers homosexuality to be a sin. Given that, I would assume that they would not knowingly employ sinners as their holy men. I believe the same is the case with Judaism.

The bottom line is that if a religion considers something to be wrong, then one would only expect it to preclude, as it's holy men, people who think that the thing is OK. Anyone who disagrees with them is perfectly free to find a religion or path which is more in line with their own beliefs.

With regard to the place of women within the Catholic Church. Once again I would venture that religions such as Islam and Judaism are not known for promoting woman's place within their organizations. In fact as I understand it some religions insist that women take a inferior role, both in matters religious and secular. The women are told how to act, how to dress, how to behave 24 hours a day.

JPaul
08-29-2005, 12:31 PM
i got tought at school that the anglican church was invented just it didn't have to follow the vaticans rules.

i'm sure that's wrong though eh JP?
That's pretty much my understanding of it.

Tho' I have little or no knowledge of how the Anglican Church was formed.

So we could both be talking pish.

whypikonme
08-29-2005, 12:46 PM
We do have the concept of forgiveness.

By 'we', l take it you mean the church? The problem there is, the church forgives these excuses for human beings, and then moves them on. This begs the question of who should be forgiving who. Are the victims forgiving the paedophiles? The victims get nothing, they are harassed, threatened and generally treated like they are in the wrong. The Catholic problem goes right to the top, this pope is guilty of cover ups too.

But if Catholics are no worse than all the other religions l guess that's OK then. l'll just go and Google sexual offenses committed by these religions and see what l can come up with.

JPaul
08-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Please do, tho' I don't see what it has to do with your original point re the Catholic Church's position re ordaining gay men.

Rat Faced
08-29-2005, 01:14 PM

I believe that the Anglican Church refers to them as Priests. It certainly does so on it's website.

Touche.. The Church refers to them as such. Everyone else distinquishes by calling Catholic Clergy "Priests" and the rest "Vicars" ;)

Makes me laugh that many are in debt though, considering their stipend is about £18,500 pa in the UK.

This would be low for a professional; until you add in that they live rent free, get low cost loans @ 5% for any large purchase and can claim most of their utility bills back as "expenses", and the pension is non contributary..

That means the £18,500 is for food and clothing, holidays etc..

That measn they have a bloody good wage, erm; I mean standard of living...

I have a mortgage, maintainance and have to pay full bills on the same amount :snooty:

JPaul
08-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Join the Priesthood, sorry Vicarhood then man. You know it makes sense.

The hours are great too, but you have to work weekends. And Christmas day. Easter as well.

Feck is it worth it, your working all the public holidays.

Rat Faced
08-29-2005, 01:23 PM
And can choose as many of the other 5 days a week off as you want; merely by saying "Im busy then". ;)

It'd be hard for me to go through seminary without asking awkward questions and making statements that would show that i didnt believe though.. such as "There was no Virgin Birth"..

Wait a minute, that makes me Bishop of Durham though.. wonder what the top brass are paid; erm i mean given to meet their living expenses... :ph34r:

JPaul
08-29-2005, 01:35 PM
And can choose as many of the other 5 days a week off as you want; merely by saying "Im busy then". ;)

It'd be hard for me to go through seminary without asking awkward questions and making statements that would show that i didnt believe though.. such as "There was no Virgin Birth"..

Wait a minute, that makes me Bishop of Durham though.. wonder what the top brass are paid; erm i mean given to meet their living expenses... :ph34r:
Do the C of E do the semenary thing as well. I had no idea.

Tho' that does make sense. To just get a degree in theology and then say, right that's me applying for jobs as a Vicar does seem a bit strange.

What was I thinking.

How long's the course and what's the entry requirements, have you looked into this.

Rat Faced
08-29-2005, 02:23 PM
How the hell would i know? :P

I always thought they went to the College of the Resurection in Yorkshire or something :ph34r:

JPaul
08-29-2005, 02:38 PM
How the hell would i know? :P

I always thought they went to the College of the Resurection in Yorkshire or something :ph34r:
The ressurection was in Yorkshire :ohmy:

Why was I not informed.

ahctlucabbuS
08-29-2005, 02:46 PM

How's that?

As far as what's seen in the headlines, it's priests with boys....not girls (I'm sure it exists though).

So there's a link between heterosexuality and sex with young girls then? You're not making sense....

To be sure I'm making myself understood:

Pedophilia and heterosexuality/homosexuality are two opposite dimensions, you can't compare pedophilia with either of the other terms used to describe sexual activity between two consenting adults.

Pedophilia is a deviate monstrous activity in itself and can't be labeled within terms used to describe "normal" sexual activity, IMO.

GepperRankins
08-29-2005, 02:56 PM
How's that?

So there's a link between heterosexuality and sex with girls then? You're not making sense....
i'd say so :blink:

ahctlucabbuS
08-29-2005, 03:05 PM
i'd say so :blink:

See my edit for a better understanding of what I were trying to imply.

GepperRankins
08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
peadophilia is the same as sex with over 16s, just the second person isn't old enough.

a man having sex with underage boys is gay
a man having sex with underage girls is straight

that's not to say gay people are peadophiles or straight people are peadophiles

ahctlucabbuS
08-29-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't agree.

Having sex with children doesn't label as either straight or gay. There's a reason the term pedophilia exist.

Busyman
08-29-2005, 03:22 PM
How's that?

So there's a link between heterosexuality and sex with young girls then? You're not making sense....

Sure...it's the opposite sex. :1eye:

If a fella has sex with a 16 yr old girl but wouldn't with 16 yr old boy.

He's a straight pedophile. DUH.

Singer R Kelly seems to be a prime example. :dry:

ahctlucabbuS
08-29-2005, 03:23 PM

No. You're a pedophile, nothing more.

Busyman
08-29-2005, 03:24 PM
I don't agree.

Having sex with children doesn't label as either straight or gay. There's a reason the term pedophilia exist.
There's a term homosexual and heterosexual also.

You are not making any sense.

A priest fucking little boys is a gay pedophile. It's the opposite sex ffs. :dry:

Busyman
08-29-2005, 03:25 PM

No. You're a pedophile, nothing more.
What's a pedophile?

GepperRankins
08-29-2005, 03:30 PM
are kids asexual until their 16th birthday then?

ahctlucabbuS
08-29-2005, 03:32 PM
I don't agree.

A priest fucking little boys is a gay pedophile. It's the opposite sex ffs. :dry:

Labeling someone as a gay pedophile doesn't have any more practical use than as to further stigmatize the gay community.

You wouldn't label someone "a straight pedophile"....

GepperRankins
08-29-2005, 03:35 PM

Labeling someone as a gay pedophile doesn't have any more practical use than as to further stigmatize the gay community.

it doesn't stagmatize the gay "community" dick'ed

how else should he point out that someone is a gay peadophile without saying he's a gay peadophile?

ahctlucabbuS
08-29-2005, 03:40 PM

how else should he point out that someone is a gay peadophile without saying he's a gay peadophile?

I see you didn't take JPauls advice.

You simply point out that he's a pedophile having sex with young boys... :blink:

And if you can't see how using the term 'gay' together with 'pedophile' is harmful towards the gay community I'm not even going to bother.

GepperRankins
08-29-2005, 03:42 PM
hehehehe

i can see your point but a gay peadophile is a gay peadophile, you cannot dispute that

Busyman
08-29-2005, 03:46 PM

Why not?

There's a fella that I played basketball with that I found on the sex offender website for my area.

If I found out he fucked a seventeen year old girl, he's pedophile but as far as I know, he's straight.

If he fucked a seventeen year old boy. He's gay.

The same would go for a rapist.

Busyman
08-29-2005, 03:51 PM

I see you didn't take JPauls advice.

You simply point out that he's a pedophile having sex with young boys... :blink:

And if you can't see how using the term 'gay' together with 'pedophile' is harmful towards the gay community I'm not even going to bother.
Gay pedophile shortens it a bit.

If the fact that the priest is fucking boys versus girl wasn't worth mention then I'd agree with you.

Yet it is mentioned so the priest is a fucking gay pedophile. Jeez. :dry:

If I'm not supposed to say gay when it actually is then you make no sense.

ahctlucabbuS
08-29-2005, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=ahctlucabbuS]
If the fact that the priest is fucking boys versus girl wasn't worth mention then I'd agree with you.

Yet it is mentioned so the priest is a fucking gay pedophile. Jeez. :dry:

If I'm not supposed to say gay when it actually is then you make no sense.

It isn't worth mentioning, it's irrelevant. The relevant part is that he's a pedophile.

If nothing else, the fact that he's a pedophile exceed his status as gay which shouldn't need mentioning.

Then again, as mentioned earlier, I don't believe someone beeing a pedophile to be gay or straight.. he's a man enjoying sex with children (a pedophile) which doesn't fit within the terms gay/straight.

If that isn't reason enough not to use the term "gay pedophile", the fact that it do infact work stigmatizing towards one group of people should.

End of discussion for me.

whypikonme
08-29-2005, 04:52 PM
How the fuck can someone be considered "straight" if they fuck kids? They're fucking paedophiles, don't sugar coat them.

Biggles
08-29-2005, 05:19 PM
How the fuck can someone be considered "straight" if they fuck kids? They're fucking paedophiles, don't sugar coat them.

This is heading towards the old

"I hear Carruthers has shacked up with a gorilla"

"What! a female gorilla?"

"Of course a female gorilla you blithering idiot ... nothing queer about old Carruthers"

PS I have nothing to sensible to say because as a non-Catholic I do not feel in position to say how they should run their religion. The whole celibacy thing seems mad to me but that is as an outsider.

JPaul
08-29-2005, 05:39 PM

"Of course a female gorilla you blithering idiot ... nothing queer about old Carruthers"

PS I have nothing to sensible to say because as a non-Catholic I do not feel in position to say how they should run their religion. The whole celibacy thing seems mad to me but that is as an outsider.

Indeed.

If you and your Wiccan chums wish to dance naked in some local dell that's a matter for you. You will hear no objections from this corner.

Busyman
08-29-2005, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=Busyman]

It isn't worth mentioning, it's irrelevant. The relevant part is that he's a pedophile.

If nothing else, the fact that he's a pedophile exceed his status as gay which shouldn't need mentioning.

Then again, as mentioned earlier, I don't believe someone beeing a pedophile to be gay or straight.. he's a man enjoying sex with children (a pedophile) which doesn't fit within the terms gay/straight.

If that isn't reason enough not to use the term "gay pedophile", the fact that it do infact work stigmatizing towards one group of people should.

End of discussion for me.
If it isn't worth mentioning then simply say, "The priest has sex with children".

It is noted, however, that they have sex with boys.

A man sexing a boy is a gay pedophile. What you want to do is sugar coat it by saying "No, no, no...the priest had sex with boys." I simply say the priest is a gay pedophile.

Same fucking thing. :dry:

To make it sound betta, I'll say "pedophile that's gay".

Busyman
08-29-2005, 06:08 PM

And to be crude.....

If Caruthers wanted to get banged in the ass by a male gorilla..

he's gay. :sick:

Busyman
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
If you are talking sexuality, straight is the opposite of gay.

In today's age, most folk consider straight the norm and it usually isn't mentioned.

Example, if a fella raped a female. He's a rapist.

If a fella raped another man. He's still a rapist. He's also gay. :sick:

j2k4
08-29-2005, 07:28 PM

Isn't categorizing sexual deviance difficult enough without throwing "sugar-coating" into the bargain?

Would you add "chocolate-coating" as well?

I suppose statisticians would have a field day...or a nightmare, depending on their own particular bent... :huh:

Busyman
08-29-2005, 08:59 PM
What's a pedophile?

j2k4
08-29-2005, 09:12 PM
What's a pedophile?

Apparently, a pedophile is a person who has an unhealthy affinity for candy-coated children... :huh:

I was not aware of this.

JPaul
08-29-2005, 09:34 PM
What's a pedophile?
I believe it's an alternate spelling of paedophile.

Busyman
08-29-2005, 10:10 PM
What's a pedophile?

Apparently, a pedophile is a person who has an unhealthy affinity for candy-coated children... :huh:

I was not aware of this.
Does the definition of what's deemed a child (as far as consensual sex) differ by state and even country for that matter?

j2k4
08-29-2005, 10:25 PM

I was not aware of this.
Does the definition of what's deemed a child (as far as consensual sex) differ by state and even country for that matter?

As no one seems too sure of how why...me defines anything, I suggest you ask that person at the next opportunity.

clocker
08-29-2005, 11:24 PM
[QUOTE=Busyman]

Yes, I agree.
The point you have been trying to get across might be subtle but is worth making.
You may use the term "gay" or "straight" ( or whatever the term du jour might be) to describe sexual orientation, but paedophelia is all about power, control and abuse...sex is not the goal.

Busyman
08-29-2005, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=ahctlucabbuS]
Yes, I agree.
The point you have been trying to get across might be subtle but is worth making.
You may use the term "gay" or "straight" ( or whatever the term du jour might be) to describe sexual orientation, but paedophelia is all about power, control and abuse...sex is not the goal.
I disagree. I've heard the same about rapists.

Sometimes it's just the fact that the person is trying to get their rocks off. :dry:

As an aside, the mere fact what's deemed pedophilia differs by country makes who a pedophile is fuzzy (in the upper teens that is). Is a 20 year old that has sex with a 17 year old a pedophile? The law here says yes. Is he a sick deviant? Probably not.

The point is that the Vatican is focused on gays in the priesthood 'cause that's who's been fucking up and making news. (add to that being gay goes against the religion)

So it's not irrelevent whether someone like attchhssd wants to sugar coat it or not.

(just like it's not irrelevent as to who's primarily a terrorist)

clocker
08-29-2005, 11:59 PM

Sometimes it's just the fact that the person is trying to get their rocks off. :dry:

Granted, but you are using the exception to prove the rule.
So it's not irrelevent whether someone like attchhssd wants to sugar coat it or not.
No one is "sugarcoating" anything.
I should think that being labeled a paedophile would be condemnation enough without the inaccurate/superfluous addition of "gay".

Lost me here.

Busyman
08-30-2005, 02:40 AM

Granted, but you are using the exception to prove the rule.
No one is "sugarcoating" anything.
I should think that being labeled a paedophile would be condemnation enough without the inaccurate/superfluous addition of "gay".

Lost me here.
Lost you yet you conveniently left out what was in bold. Riiiiight. :dry:

The point is that the Vatican is focused on gays in the priesthood 'cause that's who's been fucking up and making news. (add to that being gay goes against the religion)

I doubt the Vatican is doing this because all of a sudden it just occured to them.

It ain't a smack against gay rights either. It's against their rules.

So mediawise, you can NOT label "priests who have sex with little boys as gay pedophiles" but ignoring the fact that lots of gays flock to the priesthood and the fact that "priests who have sex little boys" came off as being an epidemic, doesn't get at the problem. So it ain't superfluous in the least and it is highly accurate. :snooty:

It's just not what you would hear on the nightly news....gay pedophile

whypikonme
08-30-2005, 07:56 AM
The Catholic Priests are supposedly celibate,

Aren't ALL Catholics supposed to be celibate, unless they're procreating that is?

l'm sure any good Catholic will tell you they haven't had sex since their last child was conceived. :lol:

l would imagine that would make them rather cranky at times, wouldn't it?

Barbarossa
08-30-2005, 10:21 AM
peadophilia is the same as sex with over 16s, just the second person isn't old enough.

What a load of crap.

Sex between two consenting adults of whatever gender, is totally different from an adult having sex with a minor.

The second one is akin to rape. It's an emotional as well as a physical rape by someone preying on a weak, vulnerable or impressionable child.

Being a paedophile is more than just having under-age sex. A 15 year old boy who has sex with a 15 year old girl is not a paedophile. A paedophile is a sexual predator who abuses a child, be it boy or girl, for their own perverted pleasure.

Gay and straight doesn't really make any sense when you're talking about paedophiles. Same sex or mixed sex, it's simply abuse.

This brings to mind a report I once heard about male rape in prisons. Quite often, the rapist doesn't even consider himself to be gay, but uses the act of rape as a means of demonstrating his power and domination over weaker prisoners. I think the same is true of paedophiles.

JPaul
08-30-2005, 12:20 PM
The Catholic Priests are supposedly celibate,

Aren't ALL Catholics supposed to be celibate, unless they're procreating that is?

No, but don't let the fact that you don't know what you're talking about stop you.

whypikonme
08-30-2005, 12:45 PM
No, but don't let the fact that you don't know what you're talking about stop you.

In successive encyclicals and other statements, culminating in the 1994 Catechism of the Catholic Church, the church has taken a consistently intransigent stand against all manifestations of permissiveness. Chastity is a requirement for all Catholics, whether married or single. The Church explicitly forbids, under pain of mortal sin, all forms of premarital or extramarital sex, masturbation, oral or anal sex, contraception and abortion, coitus interruptus and homosexual acts.

.. and this from somewhere else ...

These beliefs are grounded in their concept of natural law. The church once taught that the sole purpose of sex -- and marriage -- was procreation. They have modified this stance in recent decades by admitting that also has a unitive function; it bonds married couples closer together and strengthens their relationship. But, since the Church still regards the main purpose of sex to be procreation, they insist that any ethical sexual act must be open to conception. On this basis, they forbid the use of artificial methods of birth control, and consider any sexual behavior other than intercourse between a husband and wife to be a grave moral sin. Forbidden practices include masturbation, pre-marital sex, post-marital sex, extra-marital sex and all same-sex behaviors.

It says here that the church once taught it, and no longer do, however, they have never officially stated that fact.

Busyman
08-30-2005, 01:03 PM

What a load of crap.

Sex between two consenting adults of whatever gender, is totally different from an adult having sex with a minor.

The second one is akin to rape. It's an emotional as well as a physical rape by someone preying on a weak, vulnerable or impressionable child.

Being a paedophile is more than just having under-age sex. A 15 year old boy who has sex with a 15 year old girl is not a paedophile. A paedophile is a sexual predator who abuses a child, be it boy or girl, for their own perverted pleasure.

Gay and straight doesn't really make any sense when you're talking about paedophiles. Same sex or mixed sex, it's simply abuse.

This brings to mind a report I once heard about male rape in prisons. Quite often, the rapist doesn't even consider himself to be gay, but uses the act of rape as a means of demonstrating his power and domination over weaker prisoners. I think the same is true of paedophiles.
Oh in prison it can't possssibly be that the more powerful convict is horny too. :dry:

If a male friend of mine decides to fuck a fourteen year-old BOY. He's a pedophile and also gay as fuck. He also wouldn't be my friend no mo'.
One 'cause he's a pedophile and two 'cause if he's gay, hangin' together just wouldn't be the same. :( It's a one, two punch.

Btw what's a minor?

manker
08-30-2005, 01:11 PM
What's a minor?In the context of logic:

1. A minor premise.
2. A minor term.

You don't have a point so you're attempting (poorly) to obfuscate the issue by focusing on a triviality.

Busyman
08-30-2005, 01:13 PM
What's a minor?In the context of logic:

1. A minor premise.
2. A minor term.

You don't have a point so you're attempting (poorly) to obfuscate the issue by focusing on a triviality.
Dismissed

Anywaysss

What's considered a minor?*

*don't define the word with the same word

manker
08-30-2005, 01:25 PM
In the context of logic:

1. A minor premise.
2. A minor term.

Dismissed

Anywaysss

*don't define the word with the same wordYup, I was bang on.

A minor is a person under the age of sexual consent in that particular locality. Now that's cleared up, you'll need a different angle to occlude matters.

To deflect from your piss poor (non) point, as it were.

Busyman
08-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Dismissed

Anywaysss

*don't define the word with the same wordYup, I was bang on.

A minor is a person under the age of sexual consent in that particular locality. Now that's cleared up, you'll need a different angle to occlude matters.

To deflect from your piss poor (non) point, as it were.
So pedophiles, these sexual deviants, are considered such based on where they commit the act. (you were bang on yet decided to define it...again) :unsure:

Oh my main point was in bold.....

Gay pedophiles....a nice one two punch for the Vatican to (finally) take action.

edit: I just got finished reading the source. Pretty goes along with what I thought.

clocker
08-30-2005, 02:11 PM

Your main point is flawed.
The Vatican is "focused on gays" because of increased activism by gays and women to increase their (accepted) presence in the heirarchy.
The paedophile crisis is another matter altogether.

While sex is a component of paedophilia, "paedophilia" is not defined as a sexual orientation...it is a crime.

If you would like to disagree with this assertion feel free to consult with NAMBLA...they agree with you.

JPaul
08-30-2005, 02:13 PM

In successive encyclicals and other statements, culminating in the 1994 Catechism of the Catholic Church, the church has taken a consistently intransigent stand against all manifestations of permissiveness. Chastity is a requirement for all Catholics, whether married or single. The Church explicitly forbids, under pain of mortal sin, all forms of premarital or extramarital sex, masturbation, oral or anal sex, contraception and abortion, coitus interruptus and homosexual acts.

These beliefs are grounded in their concept of natural law. The church once taught that the sole purpose of sex -- and marriage -- was procreation. They have modified this stance in recent decades by admitting that also has a unitive function; it bonds married couples closer together and strengthens their relationship. But, since the Church still regards the main purpose of sex to be procreation, they insist that any ethical sexual act must be open to conception. On this basis, they forbid the use of artificial methods of birth control, and consider any sexual behavior other than intercourse between a husband and wife to be a grave moral sin. Forbidden practices include masturbation, pre-marital sex, post-marital sex, extra-marital sex and all same-sex behaviors.

It says here that the church once taught it, and no longer do, however, they have never officially stated that fact.

Post all the crap you wish to "google" for. You're still wrong.

The Catholic church does not require it's members to be celibate.

Busyman
08-30-2005, 02:29 PM

Your main point is flawed.
The Vatican is "focused on gays" because of increased activism by gays and women to increase their (accepted) presence in the heirarchy.
The paedophile crisis is another matter altogether.

While sex is a component of paedophilia, "paedophilia" is not defined as a sexual orientation...it is a crime.

If you would like to disagree with this assertion feel free to consult with NAMBLA...they agree with you.
Of course I know pedophilia is a crime....look at how what pedophilia is differs from country to country and state to state. In some places, I'd imagine that consensual sex os ok at 15.

I never said pedophilia is defined as a sexual orientation either. I said gay pedophile....gay describing the orientation (or the act) of the pedophile.

whypikonme
08-30-2005, 02:35 PM

l didn't say it did, but don't let that stop you.

Busyman
08-30-2005, 02:40 PM

Post all the crap you wish to "google" for. You're still wrong.

Exactly....what will the church do....kick every member out. :dry:

Awww SillyHillBilly what name will you come back as next time...

UKResident, RioDeLeo, whypikonme, ?????????

JPaul
08-30-2005, 02:46 PM
In some places, I'd imagine that consensual sex os ok at 15.

Only if it's a blood relative and your name be BillyBob.

Busyman
08-30-2005, 03:03 PM

Only if it's a blood relative and your name be BillyBob.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

whypikonme
08-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Exactly....what will the church do....kick every member out.

But, since the Church still regards the main purpose of sex to be procreation, they insist that any ethical sexual act must be open to conception.

So, sex only between married couples in the act of conception.

You really should do something about that thar red neck BusyPerson.

whypikonme
08-30-2005, 04:18 PM

In Iowa and South Carolina it's 14 , so l take it that's redneck country?

In some places, like Chile, Malta, The Philipines, among others, it's 12.

JPaul
08-30-2005, 04:53 PM

But, since the Church still regards the main purpose of sex to be procreation, they insist that any ethical sexual act must be open to conception.

FFS you even mis-quote your own quote. :lol:

whypikonme
08-30-2005, 05:19 PM
FFS you even mis-quote your own quote. :lol:

Really? How did that happen when l cut and pasted it? You must be confused. :lol:

But keep going, l'm sure you can find a grammatical error somewhere if you really try, it beats coming up with intelligent answers. :angel1:

JPaul
08-30-2005, 05:46 PM
" .... they insist that any ethical sexual act must be open to conception."

is not the same as

"So, sex only between married couples in the act of conception."

See it's in the words "open to" is not the same as "in the act of".

The Catholic Church does not teach that it's members must be celibate other than to procreate.

Is http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_rom.htm an official Catholic doctrine website, I only wonder as you appear to have used it a a source for the Catholic Church's teachings.

Busyman
08-30-2005, 06:48 PM

Wtf?!! :blink:

So I take it that there is no sin by members of the Catholic Church. What's the point of church then? :dry:

manker
08-30-2005, 06:53 PM
But, since the Church still regards the main purpose of sex to be procreation, they insist that any ethical sexual act must be open to conception.Since there isn't a 100% method of contraception, I'm presuming that you're talking pish.

A combination pill is something like 98% so technically a sexual act while using this form of contraception is still open to conception, albeit to a lesser degree - yet I'm sure that the Catholic church doesn't advocate this.

JPaul
08-30-2005, 07:16 PM
But, since the Church still regards the main purpose of sex to be procreation, they insist that any ethical sexual act must be open to conception.Since there isn't a 100% method of contraception, I'm presuming that you're talking pish.

A combination pill is something like 98% so technically a sexual act while using this form of contraception is still open to conception, albeit to a lesser degree - yet I'm sure that the Catholic church doesn't advocate this.
Oh FFS stop thinking, "google" stuff from the interweb then put your own spin on it. That's the ticket.

GepperRankins
08-30-2005, 07:52 PM
what's with the anti google sentiment? :(

manker
08-30-2005, 08:09 PM
what's with the anti google sentiment? :(Googling for statistics or something, is fine.

Googling for an opinion because you lack one yourself is teh suck.

That's the way I see it :lookaroun

JPaul
08-30-2005, 08:13 PM
The truth is out there (http://zgp.org/linux-elitists/Pine.LNX.4.31.0105081332360.30931-100000@emperor.deirdre.org.html)

whypikonme
08-31-2005, 04:19 AM

l take it you're referring to the owner of those words when you make that remark Manky, you wouldn't just be looking for another excuse to insult someone, would you?

whypikonme
08-31-2005, 04:23 AM
So I take it that there is no sin by members of the Catholic Church. What's the point of church then? :dry:

Members of the Catholic church are allowed to sin all they want Busy, as long as they confess, this was why so many converted when the Romans made the religion up. So in a way you're right, there is no sin Catholics cannot commit without being forgiven by the church. In a way, it's a bit like Devil worship, isn't it?

manker
08-31-2005, 07:04 AM
Since there isn't a 100% method of contraception, I'm presuming that you're talking pish.

l take it you're referring to the owner of those words when you make that remark Manky, you wouldn't just be looking for another excuse to insult someone, would you?I don't need an excuse but posting someone else's pish normally does it for me. Thanks for that.

Taking the time to google and copy/paste drivel is just as reprehensible as making it up and posting it yourself.

whypikonme
08-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Taking the time to google and copy/paste drivel is just as reprehensible as making it up and posting it yourself.

So why do you do it then?

You should stick to your grammar-nazi persona, at least we know where we stand then.

manker
08-31-2005, 11:38 AM

So why do you do it then?

You should stick to your grammar-nazi persona, at least we know where we stand then.You posted drivel, so I pointed out that it was drivel.

Remember:

Please, feel free to do the same, should I ever post drivel akin to that.

I wouldn't expect any less and certainly wouldn't try to skirt around the point - as you appear to be doing.

whypikonme
08-31-2005, 01:17 PM
You posted drivel, so I pointed out that it was drivel.

No, you did what you always do, you read the post, then decided what nasty remark you could make. That's all you do, it's all you've ever done, you're a nasty, vindictive piece of work. But that's OK, every forum needs someone like you, you perform a duty, we should all be grateful you grace us with your presence.

manker
08-31-2005, 01:24 PM

No, you did what you always do, you read the post, then decided what nasty remark you could make. That's all you do, it's all you've ever done, you're a nasty, vindictive piece of work. But that's OK, every forum needs someone like you, you perform a duty, we should all be grateful you grace us with your presence.Dry your eyes, mate.

You posted drivel and I deigned to let you know. I didn't have to but thought it wise to enlighten you to your folly lest you repeat this drivel elsewhere - like on a Big Brother forum that you admin, or something.

Now pick your toys back up and put them back in the pram, there's a good lad.

whypikonme
08-31-2005, 01:48 PM
You posted drivel and I deigned to let you know.

You keep telling yourself that, everyone on this forum knows the truth about you, you fool no-one. When someone posts drivel, as you put it, it's usual to come up with a counter argument, which you fail to do, ever. You nit-pick and insult, nothing more.

manker
08-31-2005, 01:56 PM
To be fair, I didn't think my initial post was insulting nor nit picking.

Also, I posted a watertight counter-argument, which you will absolutely not address. Preferring instead to revel in precisely what you chastise me for - flinging insults. Do I really have to use the hypocrite word again.

Ah, too late.

I am going to presume this is because you now realise that you've posted pish, or drivel, if you prefer.

A combination pill is something like 98% so technically a sexual act while using this form of contraception is still open to conception, albeit to a lesser degree - yet I'm sure that the Catholic church doesn't advocate this.So, refute what I've written.

whypikonme
08-31-2005, 02:24 PM
So, refute what I've written.

Why should l? You refuted someone else's words, as you've been told. So go and refute it to them, it's nothing to do with me.

Here you go, Captain Doodoo. (http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_rom.htm)

DanB
08-31-2005, 04:04 PM

No, you did what you always do, you read the post, then decided what nasty remark you could make. That's all you do, it's all you've ever done, you're a nasty, vindictive piece of work. But that's OK, every forum needs someone like you, you perform a duty, we should all be grateful you grace us with your presence.

Just like every forum needs a Billy Dean? :unsure:

whypikonme
08-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Just like every forum needs a Billy Dean? :unsure:
Isn't he a mate of yours Dan?

manker
08-31-2005, 05:45 PM
So, refute what I've written.Why should l? You refuted someone else's words, as you've been told. So go and refute it to them, it's nothing to do with me.It's a bit mental to go and copy/paste words to use in a discussion if you don't agree with their meaning.

Wouldn't you say.

Funny tho' - you truly are the king of cut-and-paste, with the added string to your bow that you have the gall - when you get caught posting drivel - to say 'Wasn't me, guv'.

Btw, when I say funny, you'll realise I mean that in a 'dog with two legs' kinda way.

JPaul
08-31-2005, 07:54 PM
Why should l? You refuted someone else's words, as you've been told. So go and refute it to them, it's nothing to do with me.It's a bit mental to go and copy/paste words to use in a discussion if you don't agree with their meaning.

Wouldn't you say.

Funny tho' - you truly are the king of cut-and-paste, with the added string to your bow that you have the gall - when you get caught posting drivel - to say 'Wasn't me, guv'.

Btw, when I say funny, you'll realise I mean that in a 'dog with two legs' kinda way.
With the two legs on a different axle.

whypikonme
09-01-2005, 03:59 AM
It's a bit mental to go and copy/paste words to use in a discussion if you don't agree with their meaning.

Don't be stupid Manky, just think over what you just said ... then admit you've been PWNED again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

whypikonme
09-01-2005, 04:00 AM

Who has the collar out of you two, and who has the lead? :lol:

GepperRankins
09-01-2005, 04:35 AM

seriously mang. don't laugh with yourself

JPaul
09-01-2005, 07:38 AM
Don't be cruel.

How sad is someone who posts what he did and laughs at it himself.

More to be pitied than scorned.

whypikonme
09-01-2005, 08:24 AM

Who's mang?

whypikonme
09-01-2005, 08:30 AM

Woof, woof!

JPaul
09-01-2005, 09:06 AM

Woof, woof!
Thanks, that actually made me laugh. At you, obviously.

Why do people even bother with you, you really are so good at making an arse of yourself. In fact that's probably the answer, to see just how stupid you are willing to make yourself look. New record methinks.

whypikonme
09-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks, that actually made me laugh.

:lips:

manker
09-01-2005, 10:54 AM
It's a bit mental to go and copy/paste words to use in a discussion if you don't agree with their meaning.

Don't be stupid Manky, just think over what you just said ... then admit you've been PWNED again! :lol: :lol: :lol:Please explain so us lesser mortals can understand what you mean.

You posted drivel, I said it was drivel, you said someone else wrote it, I said it was mental for you to use someone else's words in a discussion if you didn't agree with what they'd wrote.

Sounds fair enough to me. However, as always, I stand to be corrected. Maybe you're not mental. In the absence of reasoning tho' - I'll assume you are.

Btw, a good barometer of how much someone has got to you seems to be your use of the :lol: smiley.

I'm winning :happy:

GepperRankins
09-01-2005, 12:26 PM

Who's mang?
it's how the cool kids spell man :snooty:

whypikonme
09-01-2005, 12:27 PM

l'll bet you were one of those little kids at school who never knew when they were beaten, the ones who bite your ankles as you walk away, leaving them in a bleeding mess on the ground.

manker
09-01-2005, 12:35 PM

l'll bet you were one of those little kids at school who never knew when they were beaten, the ones who bite your ankles as you walk away, leaving them in a bleeding mess on the ground.You didn't understand, eh.

I'm winning in this thread but JP's probably made you look like a bigger twat elsewhere.

So, I digress, are you going to address what I've written above in post #118.

JPaul
09-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Careful manker, he may hunt you down in real life and leave you a mangled mess.

You would only have yourself to blame.

MODS, this must be due for the Lounge by now, we seem to have strayed rather far from Billy's latest fascination with the Catholic Church.

Cheese
09-01-2005, 01:40 PM

l'll bet you were one of those little kids at school who never knew when they were beaten, the ones who bite your ankles as you walk away, leaving them in a bleeding mess on the ground.

http://www.starcostumes.com/prodimages/MR100022.jpg

enoughfakefiles
09-01-2005, 07:27 PM

None shall pass. :ph34r:

maebach
09-02-2005, 03:47 AM

When I first saw it, it reminded of the knight(who got cut in pieces) in MP the holy grail.

whypikonme
09-02-2005, 03:53 AM
When I first saw it, it reminded of the knight(who got cut in pieces) in MP the holy grail.

You mean this one ..

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3977/img10044482136md.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

manker
09-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Careful manker, he may hunt you down in real life and leave you a mangled mess.

You would only have yourself to blame.Indeed.

I simply cannot resist the urge to point out drivel - it is to my detriment, since it appears likely I'll now be beaten to a bloody pulp - however, as has been pointed out by that mental bloke, the forum is lucky to have a person like my good self that puts the forum's interests before my own personal safety.

whypikonme
09-02-2005, 01:59 PM
I simply cannot resist the urge to point out drivel -

- or talk it.

Gemby!
09-02-2005, 02:31 PM
are you new or an old member in a new name ?

Cheese
09-02-2005, 02:32 PM

He's a new member with an old name.

Gemby!
09-02-2005, 02:37 PM

goddam no0bs

whypikonme
09-02-2005, 02:59 PM

l'm a new name with an old member.

Gemby!
09-02-2005, 03:03 PM

l'm a new name with an old member.

your with an older member ?? :O

who is it ??

whats the age gap ??

are they dead ? :lookaroun :naughty: :pinch:

JPaul
09-02-2005, 03:03 PM
however, as has been pointed out by that mental bloke, the forum is lucky to have a person like my good self that puts the forum's interests before my own personal safety.
You, Sir are a credit to your race, your gender, your occupation and your sexual orientation.

whypikonme
09-02-2005, 03:24 PM
You, Sir are a credit to your .. sexual orientation.

Shouldn't this be kept to PMs?

JPaul
09-02-2005, 03:38 PM
That's a matter for you, it's you who posted it.

GepperRankins
09-02-2005, 04:04 PM
You, Sir are a credit to your .. sexual orientation.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=100581

they made new rule since you were last here.

it seems a pity that you can never keep your identity secret for more than 2 posts. do you not even try?

Gemby!
09-03-2005, 11:53 AM
this is kinky. please continue.

manker
09-03-2005, 11:57 AM
I simply cannot resist the urge to point out drivel -

- or talk it.I talk loads of drivel, each and every day. However, what I tend not to do is copy and paste drivel written by other people to use in a discussion.

The reason for that is because to do so is mental.

Gemby!
09-03-2005, 12:00 PM
im sure i can interpret that as kinky if i really try ...

manker
09-03-2005, 12:18 PM
im sure i can interpret that as kinky if i really try ...
I knew I should have posted a :naughty: smiley :naughty:

Gemby!
09-03-2005, 01:45 PM
double :naughty: is a good compensation - no regrets manker :P

whypikonme
09-03-2005, 02:35 PM
I talk loads of drivel, each and every day.

Well there you go then, you have me at a distinct disadvantage, as l'm not full of drivel to begin with.

You have a unique gift there, use it wisely.

JPaul
09-03-2005, 04:01 PM
I talk loads of drivel, each and every day.

Well there you go then, you have me at a distinct disadvantage, as l'm not full of drivel to begin with.

You have a unique gift there, use it wisely.
Yer talkin' out yer clacker, blue.

whypikonme
09-03-2005, 04:12 PM

Try this one ...
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9237/orange20scale20carved20tail20l.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

JPaul
09-03-2005, 04:21 PM

Try this one ...
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9237/orange20scale20carved20tail20l.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Dag