PDA

View Full Version : Correcting a parent reguarding their own child

Jon L. Obscene
08-31-2005, 09:06 PM
I know this is a funny kinda subject, but earlier on my way thru town I turned a corner into another street, lots of people about but out from this guy ran a little girl (approx 4y/o) I mean litterally a foot from her when I stopped :ph34r: (talk about heart stopper), trouble is as I breaked and stopped I was on a lean for the corner so nearly came off anyway :rolleyes:
Anyway, I said sorry to the little girl and her parents and asked if she was ok, she nodded, all cool no one hurt....as I started to pull away I heard the father growel (best way to describe it) really loudly and angruly at the little girl.
Now ok I know he was in shock to some degree but the little girl then started crying, she WAS ok ffs, so I stopped and shouted "ease up man there's no need, no one hurt, you ain't gotta upset her more" to which he replied "Don't fucking tell me how to raise my kids" wtf is that all about? :blink: I rode off at that point cos I'm not gonna add to the situation more, what a wanker tho.

Thing is, is what I done wrong? did I butt in?, spose I should have kept quiet really.
It's always puzzled me that people see someone kick or hit a dog and they step in and say something, people see someone whack a kid and everyone turns a blind eye (these both obviously do have exceptions)

I just think thats shit thats all and thought I'd share.

Jonno :cool:

JPaul
08-31-2005, 09:14 PM
I know this is a funny kinda subject, but earlier on my way thru town I turned a corner into another street, lots of people about but out from this guy ran a little girl (approx 4y/o) I mean litterally a foot from her when I stopped :ph34r: (talk about heart stopper), trouble is as I breaked and stopped I was on a lean for the corner so nearly came off anyway :rolleyes:
Anyway, I said sorry to the little girl and her parents and asked if she was ok, she nodded, all cool no one hurt....as I started to pull away I heard the father growel (best way to describe it) really loudly and angruly at the little girl.
Now ok I know he was in shock to some degree but the little girl then started crying, she WAS ok ffs, so I stopped and shouted "ease up man there's no need, no one hurt, you ain't gotta upset her more" to which he replied "Don't fucking tell me how to raise my kids" wtf is that all about? :blink: I rode off at that point cos I'm not gonna add to the situation more, what a wanker tho.

Thing is, is what I done wrong? did I butt in?, spose I should have kept quiet really.
It's always puzzled me that people see someone kick or hit a dog and they step in and say something, people see someone whack a kid and everyone turns a blind eye (these both obviously do have exceptions)

It's a tough one. The guy's a dickhead and needs a kick in the bollocks. However the last thing you want is for him to take it out on the wee one later, which is what pricks like that do.

You can hope that what happened was that he reacted thro' the adrenaline and isn't normally like that.

To my mind you did exactly the right thing.

NikkiD
08-31-2005, 09:18 PM

Well, as a parent, I'd probably yell at my child for having run out into traffic as well. You have to express the seriousness of what happened to them, and how dangerous it is, and if that means scaring them by yelling at them a little to get their full attention, then so be it. It's better than having it happen again. Mind you I'd probably follow it with a hug and crying my eyes out.

Add to that the fear and upset he's probably feeling as well having almost lost his daughter, and it's understandable how he would release like that.

Gripper
08-31-2005, 09:23 PM
You did right Jonno,but if that Dad's anything like me,he had probably been telling his kid not to run off to far,don't go to near the road and such since he left home and to (in his eyes),nearly see he'ds daughterrun down,was a shock to the system and he was just reacting,not thinking,not many drivers would have been as nice as you were,so you were right,he was wrong and probably felt like an asshole after he calmed down.

Jon L. Obscene
08-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah the tought of him getting more snotty with the girl and also the risk of a possible confrontation in front of kids is what made me turn away.

I could have understood if the girl had actually done something, still dissagree with shouting like that but it would have had a reason. When in actual fact her running out in fornt of me was more his fault, if you have a little kid like that and you walking on a path round a corner (path about 3ft wide on that corner) connecting 2 main highstreet roads you would hold onto your kid no? I would, she would have been on the inside of me and holding my hand had she been mine in that situation.

Edit: To answer all.... like I said, why was he not holding her hand, she was 2.5 ft high for christ sake, only came upto the bottom of my headlight, how was she allowed to run off into the road? I do understand he was scared but I'm sorry, Nik you may have screamed at Nate but this guy would have scared me, it was a deep angry violent growel which was out of order, if someone is in shock you don't then scare them more, especially if it's a kid and anyway like I keep saying he should have been holding her hand.

tesco
08-31-2005, 09:27 PM
It's really not that bad, it will scare the girl away from wandering into traffic which is a good thing...

Anyway, it reminds me of my old neighbour across the street.
He used to yell at his kids telling them to get off the road even when the car is like all the way at bottom of street (not that long, but coming around a corner you aren't going to be going fast :rolleyes: ).
Then one time he was yelling at his kids for being on the road, ont ebcause they almost got hit or anything like that, but because the car did a quick turn around the corner :rolleyes:.
The guy still slowed down, and it was obviously not the kids' fault, so why yell at them?
He's scaring them away from having a life.

BTW one of the kids was 12, the other around 8 or 9.

Jon L. Obscene
08-31-2005, 09:34 PM
Afterthought.....if his reaction was to shout because of fear, how you think I felt, if something had happend I think I would have been quite effected and it scared me too, add to that I had to try and stay upright on my bike, I did'nt shout at him or the kid, I was more concerned everyone was ok and the situation was over. Why should he react like that but I go the complete oposite? until he shouted at her. also notice that nowhere have I said anyone apologised to me but I apologised to him.
I just thought growling at her like that was shitty and a nasty thing to do. the mother did'nt say a word.

Gripper
08-31-2005, 09:39 PM
Your just a big softy,marshmallow man

keyser_soze
08-31-2005, 09:52 PM
I personally unless extremely angry dont tend to do a lot of shouting at my kids the wife hands out the discipline, ironically they take a lot more notice of her and are closer so I guess a good grilling is effective in some circumstances, where as they would probably do something dangerous in my care to wind me up, your man probably was pumped and you just caught him at a bad time, taking a kid down a busy street is a nightmare for seeing danger coming and kids playing u up a test for the nerves, anyway I'm glad theres a happy ending to this and every1 learned summat from it :)

NikkiD
08-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Afterthought.....if his reaction was to shout because of fear, how you think I felt, if something had happend I think I would have been quite effected and it scared me too, add to that I had to try and stay upright on my bike, I did'nt shout at him or the kid, I was more concerned everyone was ok and the situation was over. Why should he react like that but I go the complete oposite? until he shouted at her. also notice that nowhere have I said anyone apologised to me but I apologised to him.
I just thought growling at her like that was shitty and a nasty thing to do. the mother did'nt say a word.

Being honest, if I was the parent you'd yelled at in this situation, I'd probably have told you off too.

BTW, kids are weasely little things, hand held or not, they do get away from you at times. Try walking through a mall past a toy store and keeping a grip on a 4 year old's hand sometime. It's not an easy thing to do.

EDIT: Oh, and the girl DID do something - she ran out into traffic. :blink:

Jon L. Obscene
08-31-2005, 10:00 PM
At 4y/o I would'nt think she understands much about traffic or junctions.

And I'm sorry but I think she realised the severity of the situation, imagine being that small and looking at the front of my bike within arms reach coming at you, headlight on and getting dark.

No need for him to do what he did. Scared or not his first priority should have been to make sure his daughter was ok, not shout at her like that and upset her more.

NikkiD
08-31-2005, 10:18 PM

And I'm sorry but I think she realised the severity of the situation, imagine being that small and looking at the front of my bike within arms reach coming at you, headlight on and getting dark.

No need for him to do what he did. Scared or not his first priority should have been to make sure his daughter was ok, not shout at her like that and upset her more.

No, a 4 year old doesn't. Hence the reason you have to make her aware of the danger of the situation. If you have to yell to get her full attention, so be it. It also depends on the child - some kids listen without being yelled at, some kids don't - only their parents would know that. With my cousin, yelling doesn't get his attention, you literally have to turn him to face you and make sure he's looking you in the eye before you know he's hearing you. Every kid is different.

Most 4 year olds don't understand death or being severely hurt so I don't know that they would put two and two together that the car/bike coming towards them could kill them. Yes, it would probably scare them, but no, I don't think they would understand the severity of the situation. If she did she wouldn't have stepped off the curb in the first place.

Virtualbody1234
08-31-2005, 10:18 PM
At 4 yrs old they can learn not to run into the road.

sArA
08-31-2005, 10:45 PM
No, a 4 year old doesn't. Hence the reason you have to make her aware of the danger of the situation. If you have to yell to get her full attention, so be it. It also depends on the child - some kids listen without being yelled at, some kids don't - only their parents would know that. With my cousin, even yelling doesn't get his attention, you literally have to turn him to face you and make sure he's looking you in the eye before you know he's hearing you.

Most 4 year olds don't understand death or being severely hurt so I don't know that they would put two and two together that the car/bike coming towards them could kill them. Yes, it would probably scare them, but no, I don't think they would understand the severity of the situation. If she did she wouldn't have stepped off the curb in the first place.

Yep.

Jon L. Obscene
08-31-2005, 10:55 PM
I can understand what you're saying, I'm nt gonna argue cos I have no kids therefore no right to argue, but I still dissagree with the way he handled it.

So apart from a couple, anyone else wanna answer my original question?

Is what I done wrong? did I butt in?

As the title suggests this is something I've thought about many times.

Santa
08-31-2005, 10:58 PM
interesting read - in 4 years time i will be able reply to this thread...

sArA
08-31-2005, 11:20 PM
I understand that the guy's tone was very harsh and I am making no excuses for his behaviour. However, I agree with much of what Nikki and others have said, and I am of the opinion that If the guy didn't hit her, then you should have kept quiet.

You undermined his authority as a parent, and made him look small to his child...not cool. By doing that it made him angrier and more upset.

Not all parents who shout at their kids are bad parents. In fact, I think a bad parent is one who always says there there, never gets cross, or upset or downright bloody furious. We are human not vulcan.

You could have had no idea how the child had behaved earlier. Kids can be little shits at all ages and there are far worse things than being yelled at when in a potentially life threatening situation.

Jon L. Obscene
09-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Fair comment, good point well made.

I shall refrain from shouting at people who piss me off in future, should really stop doing that anyway, will probably get stabbed one day....did'nt think about the undermining him, did'nt mean to do that, he pissed me off, I reacted. I was still shaking at this point so probably did'nt take much to trigger me off.

Busyman
09-01-2005, 02:10 AM

After you made sure the child was ok, your job was done. Other than that, at that point, you should've minded your own business....unless he was physically hurting her.

He's a dipshit for not holding her hand...tightly.

Tbh, in that situation, if the thought of almost getting hit by a car didn't scare the shit out of my 4 year-old then I'd light into her too. It actually depends on her reaction.

I don't fuck around regarding child safety. It could mean the difference between having a child and not having one so if her feelings get hurt, good, 'cause they should be.

I would probably raise my voice and smack her hand...so it really stings.
She's only 4. It's not like I need a big ass paddle. :ermm:

In the future try to mind your business. You did not do the right thing entirely.

Gemby!
09-01-2005, 12:26 PM
im afraid i agree with the father - if you dont let the kid know how serious that could've been then they are just gonna be feckless again :rolleyes: dam kids

and you should know never to mention to a parent ANYTHING that might be classed as giving parenting tips. its just a golden rule.....unless its family, then you can put it in a nicer way.

Busyman
09-01-2005, 01:05 PM
im afraid i agree with the father - if you dont let the kid know how serious that could've been then they are just gonna be feckless again :rolleyes: dam kids

and you should know never to mention to a parent ANYTHING that might be classed as giving parenting tips. its just a golden rule.....unless its family, then you can put it in a nicer way.
......especially 'cause Jonno was flat out wrong. :dry:

Liberal attitudes towards parenting don't always work.

You are trying save a child's life and it's not always a nice, easygoing job.

Gemby!
09-01-2005, 01:07 PM
this thread reminds me of supernanny :P

Santa
09-01-2005, 01:14 PM

not true - he acted out of good intentions
(better than bad intentions no?)

Busyman
09-01-2005, 02:05 PM

Why does that matter?

It was none of his business. :dry:

Busyman
09-01-2005, 02:08 PM
this thread reminds me of supernanny :P
Sometimes I hate and like that show 'cause the parents are so stupid that it's sickening and entertaining at the same time.

Santa
09-01-2005, 02:29 PM
Why does that matter?

you state

-why you so fatalistically tautological?
you stated in your first post " You did not do the right thing entirely." (why the sudden change of condemning afterwards?)
it took this entire thread to come to the conclusion that one should not tell parents how to bring up their kids _ ontop of which Jonno placed this question with the knowledge that he may have been wrong and was hence asking for advice about it (quote jonno)"spose I should have kept quiet really." - and you end with contempt :blink:

Why does it matter? that his intentions where ment well?
Jonno could have also immediatly screamed at the guy for letting the kid run over the street - his good intentions came merelly from the awareness that he didnt kill the kid and was surprised at the agression towards the child by papa
"ease up man there's no need, no one hurt, you ain't gotta upset her more"
chillin is always better than panicking :smoke:

Busyman
09-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Why does that matter?

you state

-why you so fatalistically tautological?
you stated in your first post " You did not do the right thing entirely." (why the sudden change of condemning afterwards?)
it took this entire thread to come to the conclusion that one should not tell parents how to bring up their kids _ ontop of which Jonno placed this question with the knowledge that he may have been wrong and was hence asking for advice about it (quote jonno)"spose I should have kept quiet really." - and you end with contempt :blink:

Why does it matter? that his intentions where ment well?
Jonno could have also immediatly screamed at the guy for letting the kid run over the street - his good intentions came merelly from the awareness that he didnt kill the kid and was surprised at the agression towards the child by papa
"ease up man there's no need, no one hurt, you ain't gotta upset her more"
chillin is always better than panicking :smoke:
Flat out wrong refers to him questioning the parent.

Not wrong entirely refers to him asking if the kid was ok. Bad choice in using entirely since his Jonno's original question referred to his "parental statement".

I would have actually understood the agression towards the parent more than his liberal attitude toward child rearing (as evidenced in the fact that he wasn't holing the child's hand).

Jonno (and others) have the parent as being a dickhead for bullshit reasons.

At least I agree he's a dickhead. :dry:

The parent was right to light into his kid and bystanders needed to STFU while he disciplined HIS kid.

Jon L. Obscene
09-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Thank you Z, yes I always have good intentions, I'm only human and I reacted to a situation, simply because some people think I was wrong to do so does'nt actually mean I was.
I asked the question because I wanted to know what others thought and respect the opinion of the people who replied.

I understand what Nik, Sara and Busyman have said, in hiensight maybe I should have just left it at making sure everyone was ok, but I'm a little quick tempered lately so I reacted the way I did, thats me.The guy reacted agressivly out of fear, I reacted calmly out of concern, THEN reacted agressivly out of my natural instinct to protect.
As Z said everyone seems to be forgetting the fact that had I actually hit her not only would I have moral issues and massive guilt trips I probably could not have handled, but I could have also been charged for Manslaughter as we have no J-walking laws here, you hit a pedestrian it's your fault basically. So my arguement is still why is it ok for him to lose it yet I did'nt?
He reacted agressivly, like I've said, he did'nt just shout, my dad used to growel at me when I was caught breaking in a house or smoking etc,not when he'd nearly lost me, scared the hell out of me but just made me think of ways not to get caught, it was simply trying to get me to not do bad things through threatening me, shout yeah but you guys really are not getting the point that this guy did not simply shout, ffs he made several people jump.

I understand a parent reacting by voice, shouting if you're that way inclined, and yes I may have been wrong to butt in, but I don't like to see that kind of behaviour, not towards kids, especially not in public, I still see no need, I've told kids things and they've listend, I've stopped kids crying, my little brother is a little shit but I don't shout at them, I deal with it differently and have several times calmed down a kid or stopped a kid being naughty when the parent could'nt, I don't believe in agressive reactions towards kids, learning by force is not the way, they're kids not soldiers,they tried that with me and look what happend, I rebel against any and all orders, ask me, yes, tell me, no.
Yes sometimes a kid needs shouting at to get attention as has been said and I don't deny that, but in that situation I dissagree, if you find an adult in shock do you shout at them? No, it's medically wrong for a start.
If that little girl had been one of your mates stepped out in the road (cos adults do that too, I know I have) and your mate was scared shitless by nearly being squashed, how would you react? shout at them? no I don't think so. Yes an adult knows better and it's accidental or stupid if they step out in the road, and yes a child needs to learn but would'nt it be better to make sure that child is ok then imediately take them to a safe place and explain what could have happend, you can insight the correct kind of fear into a child without shouting, personally I think shoutin has an adverse effect, the kid concentrates on the fact you're shouting, not what you're actually saying. Do you guys remember being shouted at as a kid? do you remember what it was about?........and do you remember having a talking to by your parents and them telling you things that scared you?

Yes everyone is different and there's no doubt in my mind that the people posting in here who are parents are extremely good parents, no doubt whatsoever. It's just I would do things differently I think.

As to the question of whether or not I done right in butting in.
Well morally I think yes because I was standing up for the little girl.
And also morally but in a different way :lol: I should'nt have undermined the fathers authority with his child.
I doubt very much if I done anything except make him more angry, as JP said it's possible he took that out on her in some way and that isn't sitting very well with me that I may have inadvertantly made that little girls night worse, it's possible he would have just shouted and that would be that, it's also possible he shouted and punished in some way the little girl for my actions.

In my opinion did I do right?

I'm not sure, I don't think I should have said anything, so I guess no I did'nt do right.
But my intentions and reaction was to protect the little girl, thats just the way I am.

DanB
09-01-2005, 07:36 PM
But my intentions and reaction was to protect the little girl, thats just the way I am

Won't someone think of the children :crying: :wringhands:

Santa
09-01-2005, 09:59 PM
The world would be one hell of a boring and paranoid place if we did not speak our opinions, whether right or wrong.

Busyman
09-02-2005, 12:24 AM
The world would be one hell of a boring and paranoid place if we did not speak our opinions, whether right or wrong.
That's why I speak mine. ;)

Busyman
09-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Thank you Z, yes I always have good intentions, I'm only human and I reacted to a situation, simply because some people think I was wrong to do so does'nt actually mean I was.
I asked the question because I wanted to know what others thought and respect the opinion of the people who replied.

I understand what Nik, Sara and Busyman have said, in hiensight maybe I should have just left it at making sure everyone was ok, but I'm a little quick tempered lately so I reacted the way I did, thats me.The guy reacted agressivly out of fear, I reacted calmly out of concern, THEN reacted agressivly out of my natural instinct to protect.
As Z said everyone seems to be forgetting the fact that had I actually hit her not only would I have moral issues and massive guilt trips I probably could not have handled, but I could have also been charged for Manslaughter as we have no J-walking laws here, you hit a pedestrian it's your fault basically. So my arguement is still why is it ok for him to lose it yet I did'nt?
He reacted agressivly, like I've said, he did'nt just shout, my dad used to growel at me when I was caught breaking in a house or smoking etc,not when he'd nearly lost me, scared the hell out of me but just made me think of ways not to get caught, it was simply trying to get me to not do bad things through threatening me, shout yeah but you guys really are not getting the point that this guy did not simply shout, ffs he made several people jump.

I understand a parent reacting by voice, shouting if you're that way inclined, and yes I may have been wrong to butt in, but I don't like to see that kind of behaviour, not towards kids, especially not in public, I still see no need, I've told kids things and they've listend, I've stopped kids crying, my little brother is a little shit but I don't shout at them, I deal with it differently and have several times calmed down a kid or stopped a kid being naughty when the parent could'nt, I don't believe in agressive reactions towards kids, learning by force is not the way, they're kids not soldiers,they tried that with me and look what happend, I rebel against any and all orders, ask me, yes, tell me, no.
Yes sometimes a kid needs shouting at to get attention as has been said and I don't deny that, but in that situation I dissagree, if you find an adult in shock do you shout at them? No, it's medically wrong for a start.
If that little girl had been one of your mates stepped out in the road (cos adults do that too, I know I have) and your mate was scared shitless by nearly being squashed, how would you react? shout at them? no I don't think so. Yes an adult knows better and it's accidental or stupid if they step out in the road, and yes a child needs to learn but would'nt it be better to make sure that child is ok then imediately take them to a safe place and explain what could have happend, you can insight the correct kind of fear into a child without shouting, personally I think shoutin has an adverse effect, the kid concentrates on the fact you're shouting, not what you're actually saying. Do you guys remember being shouted at as a kid? do you remember what it was about?........and do you remember having a talking to by your parents and them telling you things that scared you?

Yes everyone is different and there's no doubt in my mind that the people posting in here who are parents are extremely good parents, no doubt whatsoever. It's just I would do things differently I think.

As to the question of whether or not I done right in butting in.
Well morally I think yes because I was standing up for the little girl.
And also morally but in a different way :lol: I should'nt have undermined the fathers authority with his child.
I doubt very much if I done anything except make him more angry, as JP said it's possible he took that out on her in some way and that isn't sitting very well with me that I may have inadvertantly made that little girls night worse, it's possible he would have just shouted and that would be that, it's also possible he shouted and punished in some way the little girl for my actions.

In my opinion did I do right?

I'm not sure, I don't think I should have said anything, so I guess no I did'nt do right.
But my intentions and reaction was to protect the little girl, thats just the way I am.

Cool, maybe the next time something like that arises you won't try to protect a child from a scolding that was deemed necessary by the parent. ;)

Gemby!
09-02-2005, 03:02 PM
i remember why i was shouted at, and dammit i deserved it most of the time !

for me it seems parents who are too soft on their kids tend to get children who are diobedient.... so tell them off and they wont do it again.

Jon L. Obscene
09-02-2005, 04:17 PM
You remember being shouted at and for what reason when you were 4?

Man I can't even remember 24 :lol:

DanB
09-02-2005, 04:44 PM
I remember getting a bamboo cane broken over my bum :lol:

Cheese
09-02-2005, 04:47 PM

Yeah, but that was last night and you paid to have it done.:P

DanB
09-02-2005, 04:53 PM

:naughty:

have you spent that tenner yet?

JPaul
09-02-2005, 05:25 PM

No-one's judging you, you needed the money, mate.

accat13
09-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Well Nikkid I have to take your side in this situation as a father of three boys under eleven I feel I may have some insight lol....Holding onto a 4 yr olds hand can be like holding onto a greased pig.The old addage of walking a mile in someones shoes comes to mind.We have no idea of the history of the child or father,had the child done this before,did the child have any disabilities.Maybe the father did loose it.Is anyone perfect.Just remember parenting is a totally relaxing and carefree existance with no stress involved.(ya right thats a dream...)Maybe the father had a temporary loss of emotions under extreme stress,who konows maybe he lossed another child in the same situation in the past.Sometimes its better to just keep our mouth closed as long as there was no physical abuse taking place......

Jon L. Obscene
09-02-2005, 05:47 PM
Well thats another thing tho, a couple of weeks ago I heard some shouting in my back carpark (shared), went to see and there's this bloke about 50ish grabed this young lad (about 10y/o) and dragged him out the way of the car he was trying to load, now ok the kid was being annoying but this guy got hold of him by the scruff of the neck and litterally lifted him off his feet and basically threw him a good 6 ft, he still had hold of him but man that was manhandling in anyones eyes, I butted in then too and actually asked the guy if he wanted me to do that to him since he'd been annoying me all week and parking in my way. He told me to piss off :dry:
Thing is, this guy was the boys grandfather, not even his kid, now I'm sorry but if my dad done that to my son I'd belt him myself.
So how far is too far?

Interesting question, at what point do you step in? do you wait for the child to be hurt or stop it happening? or do you turn a blind eye? or do you ignor it and call the authorities?

accat13
09-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Interesting question, at what point do you step in? do you wait for the child to be hurt or stop it happening? or do you turn a blind eye? or do you ignor it and call the authorities?

Jonno :cool:I would think using the cell phone to call the authorities is definitly not ignoring it and would be called for...In a physical situation

Jon L. Obscene
09-02-2005, 08:05 PM
I meant if the physical was happening as you watched. Ignor probably being the wrong word.

peat moss
09-03-2005, 01:53 AM
I don't think you did anything wrong Jon ,I think the father was just scared and over reacted ,I have been guilty of that on many an occasion . Spanking the poor kid would be unjustified . Funny I saw it coming home tonite , little one dropped her tricycle and ran into the road .

Mom grabbed her and shook her fingers at the little girl right in front of me , pissed me off till my carpool buddie told me it was sign language ........... Felt like an ass glad I did n't say anything , needless to say we had tears in our eyes rest of the way home.

Gemby!
09-03-2005, 11:46 AM
You remember being shouted at and for what reason when you were 4?

Man I can't even remember 24 :lol:

i remember i called my brother a dickhead and my mum shouted at me saying thats a bad word :01: glad to see i learnt my fucking foul language so young :lookaroun

i also threw someones mouthwash down the sink cos i tried it and it was nasty....

GepperRankins
09-03-2005, 08:26 PM
you're all pussies. if that was my kid the little fucker wouldn't be running anywhere else fast

Smith
09-03-2005, 10:17 PM
My mum yelled at me when i was little for doing stupid things (finger in socket, not looking both ways b4 crossing the street). I suppose it was to get the point across that i shouldnt do those things...but i also think it was because i scared the shit out of her :lol: