PDA

View Full Version : T.V. repair

johnq86
09-03-2005, 03:02 PM
if there is anyone who knows how to fix t.v. problems can they please pm me and i will give full details about my problem.thank you

Gemby!
09-03-2005, 03:02 PM
kick it .

Jon L. Obscene
09-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Whats the problem?

Jonno :cool:

Gemby!
09-03-2005, 03:37 PM
i could've sworn i said something else in this thread ....

Jon L. Obscene
09-03-2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah but it was vulgar and I had to edit it :shifty:

Gemby!
09-03-2005, 05:51 PM
but i was funny :(

peat moss
09-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Move to Hardware world ? Give them something to do other than putting their hands on thier dicks ? :shutup:

Santa
09-03-2005, 09:17 PM
:lol:

tv's are outdated best thing to do with is to turn em off

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8295/plasmascreen0zb.jpg

Virtualbody1234
09-03-2005, 09:58 PM
If someone helps via PM then how will that help someone with a similar problem?

Post your question and symptoms in the Hardware section.

Smith
09-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Umm, i know one thing about TV's. The old ones have something called a capacitor in the back, if you plan on playing with the insides of a TV, wait like an hour after you unplug it, cause if you touch the capacitor when its still charged you die ;)

Santa
09-04-2005, 12:16 AM

VB i have noticed that everytime JohnQ68 posts he gets "trollishdsortof" by the mods for not "stating the correct title for topic" etc - why this bitterness? everytime?
this is the lounge - you know he knows why bite?

Jon L. Obscene
09-04-2005, 12:26 AM
Thats very true, a 28" tv holds about 10,000 volts to fire up , hence the kinda bang noise when you switch it on.

How about not take it apart until he's told us what the prob is?
Pointless taking the back off when it might be something else........like the fuse :lol:

peat moss
09-04-2005, 03:30 AM

VB i have noticed that everytime JohnQ68 posts he gets "trollishdsortof" by the mods for not "stating the correct title for topic" etc - why this bitterness? everytime?
this is the lounge - you know he knows why bite?

Have noticed too but JohnQ68, never seems too reply to pm's or the help offered, wonder why ?

GepperRankins
09-04-2005, 03:36 AM
Umm, i know one thing about TV's. The old ones have something called a capacitor in the back, if you plan on playing with the insides of a TV, wait like an hour after you unplug it, cause if you touch the capacitor when its still charged you die ;)
that's bullshit. you just have to turn it on after you unplug it

tesco
09-04-2005, 03:36 AM
Thats very true, a 28" tv holds about 10,000 volts to fire up , hence the kinda bang noise when you switch it on.

Pointless taking the back off when it might be something else........like the fuse :lol:

You can't get at the fuse without taking it apart tho. :blink:

GepperRankins
09-04-2005, 03:38 AM

You can't get at the fuse without taking it apart tho. :blink:
is it not in the plug?

brotherdoobie
09-04-2005, 04:52 AM

No...no...no... CRT capacitance in a TV can retain a dangerous or at least painful charge for days or longer!)

Peace bd

ahctlucabbuS
09-04-2005, 04:57 AM

Which, of course, would be unfortunate.

Jon L. Obscene
09-04-2005, 12:03 PM
@Gep...... What BD said.

@Rossco.. What Gep said, that was the fuse I was reffering to, not the ones inside, I was joking cos people frequently take electricals to repair shops or even throw them away simply cos the fuse in the plug has blown :frusty:

You should never mess with tv's if you don't know what you're doing, remember tv's also carry high ampage which is what kills you, not the voltage. 30,000 volts will hurt but wont kill, 10 amps will kill.

And he still has'nt answered whats wrong, maybe he did blow himself up :unsure:

johnq86
09-04-2005, 05:00 PM
lol...im sorry i wasnt home for the past couple of days.my tv has to warm up for a while cuz the screen starts off small then it expands.but not to the full size.what can be wrong?

Smith
09-04-2005, 05:03 PM
How old is this TV? Cause only the really old ones have to warm up lol...mabye its had it.

GepperRankins
09-04-2005, 05:08 PM

No...no...no... CRT capacitance in a TV can retain a dangerous or at least painful charge for days or longer!)

Peace bd
the charge tries to spark the TV up and gets used

Virtualbody1234
09-04-2005, 05:16 PM
lol...im sorry i wasnt home for the past couple of days.my tv has to warm up for a while cuz the screen starts off small then it expands.but not to the full size.what can be wrong?
:lol:

Jon L. Obscene
09-04-2005, 06:21 PM

The tube is packing up, get a new tv.

It is possible to be a dry joint but very unlikely, it's most likely the tube itself is colapsing. I give it 2 months max.

Sorry.