PDA

View Full Version : Fuddruckers Called Out on Hotlinking

RealitY
09-04-2005, 08:12 AM
Fuddruckers, a hamburger chain, hotlinked to a flash game developer's Burgertime clone on their 'Fuddrockers' page. When the developer noticed an abnormal amount of traffic coming from their website, he decided to let the company know how he felt -- and maybe teach them about hotlinking.." From the post: "So, I redirected everything coming from Fuddruckers.com. (learned all about .htaccess files also... neat!) Wrote a nice little message pointing out how incredibly stupid their web developer is. And then redirected the main page to a pleasant little website showing photographs of slaughterhouses. And also opened up some more popups, for those that don't have popup blockers.

http://rss.slashdot.org/Slashdot/slashdot?m=324

:lol: :lol:

Rip The Jacker
09-04-2005, 08:57 AM
:lol:

I've actually eaten at Fuddruckers before, it was a crap resturant.

trajillo
09-04-2005, 09:15 AM
cant buy no one. cant stay that i have...only people messes with the truth and bends light and smells victory and shouts it from the roof tops.

Mr. Blunt
09-04-2005, 09:33 AM
fuddruckers?
what the hell.
i've never heard of them before.

Vargas
09-04-2005, 10:45 AM
fuddruckers?
what the hell.
yeah its a DIY burger joint, you go in and order how well done you want your burger, then you pick the bun you want, wheat/white/seeded, and you do the toppings yourself while your burger is cooked.
it's not as good as "In n Out Burgers" though

Mr. Mulder
09-04-2005, 11:09 AM
fudgefuckers sounds like a pretty ghey restaurant :ermm:

Busyman
09-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Motherfuckers is a good restaurant. I don't eat there as much anymore but the burgers were good and huuuuge.

Motherfuckers (http://www.fuddruckers.com/)

Mr. Blunt
09-04-2005, 05:17 PM
fuddruckers?
what the hell.
yeah its a DIY burger joint, you go in and order how well done you want your burger, then you pick the bun you want, wheat/white/seeded, and you do the toppings yourself while your burger is cooked.
What the hell? You have do to all that by yourself? I go to restraunts to have other people make MY food. Haha. :lol:

You might as well just make a burger at home. :P

Busyman
09-04-2005, 07:44 PM
What the hell? You have do to all that by yourself? I go to restraunts to have other people make MY food. Haha. :lol:

You might as well just make a burger at home. :P
You only do the lettuce and tomato stuff and toppings yerself.

Rip The Jacker
09-04-2005, 09:58 PM
They have huge, freaky, nuclear burgers. I can't remember what I ordered, but just the damn burger without fries and a drink cost me $6. The stupid meat was bigger than my damn face! They gave me the bun and meat and said here you go.

Then you turn around and put your own tomatos and stuff inside, it's like going into a burger resturant and finding a salad bar. :wacko:

RealitY
09-05-2005, 05:23 AM
Well we had a nickname for that place if it isnt obvious already...