PDA

View Full Version : Phrases that implode on their own paradox.

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 05:32 AM
From family guy,
"Chris, everything I say is a lie!...except that, and that, and that, and that....................
(infinitely repeats so that he can grab a correction that's impossible to reach)

"Since we will always stay in the same time warp no matter what, I'll go back in time and slap myself...I'll go back in time and slap myself...I'll go back in time and slap myself...I'll go back in time and slap myself..............................
(You go back and find there are literally trillions of clones of yourself that keep growing in numbers!!! You yourself suffocate due to no space around you I suppose.)... hehe time travel is weird in this way. Time travel is a paradox producer itself" This is merely a theory...but it does make sense in a way.

"I'll never say never"
(you just said it twice, so now someone must shoot you...hehe paradox)

"A'int a'int a word"
(How did you just use it? Just used it twice and probably understand it's meaning too! paradox)

Alright, here's a very powerful one:

"Everything has a creator before it right? Yes, one must create another... one can only be available if created by another... Another is also created by another before it and so on... If one must always have a creator before it, then who's the very first creator?"
Paradox right?...well, we are still here!!! Somehow, even though these rules are broken! We still exist! ... this is why most people believe in a god. , but...even almighty himself must have a father? Yet , his father too. With all these broken laws, maybe the system of time and space is corrupt? No, maybe it's just incomprehensible to every single human brain? Yes.......... these will probably always remain the greatest paradox of all time!

Infinitely is a paradox itself...nothing is infinite, time causes change. Time, Space, Matter, Infinitely, and many more. All paradoxes when it comes to their beginnings...because the very "first" of the creators cannot be explained...

Who is the very very very very......(infinite).........first creator?
^ Paradox of all time!

edit: Now there's questions...practically infinite questions, but there are some things that apeare to be everlasting right now. We really don't know. Time can't just "be" here. Same goes for Mass, Space, Matter, and many other things. Their boundaries of human knowledge. That's the one real answer for now. There "has" to be more outside space. Dimensions? just another little detail of the same "1rst creator paradox".

JPaul
09-05-2005, 08:11 AM
"Nothing is infinite."

How can nothing be infinite. If we know that there are things, then we know that there are places where nothing does not exist. Therefore there is a limit to nothingness, therefore nothing is not infinite.

Nothing may be very big, but it is not infinite.

Gemby!
09-05-2005, 09:22 AM
''i love you''

this is a paradox as i dont. or maybe its called a lie. whatever ....

Santa
09-05-2005, 09:29 AM
everything begins with e

Gemby!
09-05-2005, 09:30 AM
the mind boggles :wacko:

JPaul
09-05-2005, 09:34 AM
''i love you''

this is a paradox as i dont. or maybe its called a lie. whatever ....
Isle of Ewe.

Just off the Cardiff coast.

Gemby!
09-05-2005, 09:36 AM
no i live in london. L O N D O N.

:rolleyes:

JPaul
09-05-2005, 09:38 AM
no i live in london. L O N D O N.

:rolleyes:
People don't live in L O N D O N, they exist.

Gemby!
09-05-2005, 09:39 AM
umm, the mind boggles ?

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 10:46 AM
umm... everything you know is wrong?

sparsely
09-05-2005, 11:06 AM
"go fuck yourself"

DarthInsinuate
09-05-2005, 11:14 AM
"Britney Spears - Greatest Hits"

Spider_dude
09-05-2005, 11:24 AM
i'm sorry but i never apologise.

Gemby!
09-05-2005, 11:30 AM

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Fight For Peace! :01:

Guillaume
09-05-2005, 11:39 AM
Any phrase that starts with "no offense, but".

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 11:40 AM

Well said Gemby! :)

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Here's a spade and a shovel, now take your pick.

Busyman
09-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Freedom fighters fight for freedom

DarthInsinuate
09-05-2005, 12:33 PM
isn't that tautology?

Gripper
09-05-2005, 01:02 PM
"Don't come running to me,if you fall off that wall and break both your legs"
"Do you want a smack?"
Xp is the best operating system

manker
09-05-2005, 01:08 PM
isn't that tautology?No, but in my opinion, Busy's example is more oxymoronic than paradoxical :crazy:

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 01:24 PM
isn't that tautology?No, but in my opinion, Busy's example is more oxymoronic than paradoxical :crazy:

No, I understand his logic.. (for once) :ermm:

Fire fighters fight fire, but freedom fighters do not fight freedom.. :blink:

manker
09-05-2005, 01:26 PM
No, but in my opinion, Busy's example is more oxymoronic than paradoxical :crazy:

No, I understand his logic.. (for once) :ermm:

Fire fighters fight fire, but freedom fighters do not fight freedom.. :blink:It's the snappyness of it.

I added the imo disclaimer because it is a valid paradox.

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 02:21 PM
"Nothing is infinite."

How can nothing be infinite. If we know that there are things, then we know that there are places where nothing does not exist. Therefore there is a limit to nothingness, therefore nothing is not infinite.

I believe I ment a "physical existence" can't be "infinite". (Speech itself will always have it's paradox holes, untill it's completely gone one day. :blink: ) Only mental things are infinite, thus never 100% understood. Math is an example of "infinite".

Things in the mind can be infinite, such as math, but what about physical items around us? We can't really prove if "Matter" and "Nothingness" will always be here. Same for math...it's concept is infinite, but the mere use of math may be forgotten someday. The day humans go extinct.

The mind can prove "infinite" is possible. Only mental thinking, such as math, theories, etc. The world "infinite" constantly brings on many contradictories, but overall, it's technically impossible to see the "whole process" of an "infinite" item. You'd die trying.

What would an "infinite" item look like? Any ideas?

I'd believe "moving" or "modifying" it would prove impossible. No even destroying the whole earth would make it budge. Hm?
It would be frozen in time, seen by everything, and constantly obstructing the same place... Who created it? You can't possibly "create" something that's infinite. Maybe if you could, it would instantly shoot back and forward in time covering every frame of all time and existence...leaving you the "creator", which is now known as "impossible", since it covers all pieces of time.

:shifty: Human knowledge, Godly knowledge, "One Who Created God" 's knowledge, "One Who Created One Who Created God" 's knowledge,
"One Who Created One Who Created One Who Created God" 's knowledge , " " " " " " " " " " " " ", " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "........(infinite)........ knowledge. :shifty:

manker
09-05-2005, 02:27 PM
What would an "infinite" item look like? Any ideas?π

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 02:30 PM

e

JPaul
09-05-2005, 02:31 PM
"Nothing is infinite."

"infinite" is only a word.

Things in the mind can be infinite, such as math, but what about physical items around us? We can't really prove if "Matter" and "Nothingness" will always be here. Same for math...it's concept is infinite, but the mere use of math may be forgotten someday. The day humans go extinct.

The mind can prove "infinite" is possible. Only mental thinking, such as math, theories, etc. The world "infinite" constantly brings on many contradictories, but overall, it's technically impossible to see the "whole process" of an "infinite" item. You'd die trying.

I'd believe "moving" or "modifying" it would prove impossible. No even destroying the whole earth would make it budge. Hm?
It would be frozen in time, seen by everything, and constantly obstructing the same place... Who created it? You can't possibly "create" something that's infinite. Maybe if you could, it would instantly shoot back and forward in time covering every frame of all time and existence...leaving you the "creator", which is now known as "impossible", since it covers all pieces of time.

Are you a wee bit mental.

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 02:32 PM

Mental thinking, as opposed to...? :lol:

JPaul
09-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Hmmm (http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/pie.htm)

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Are you a wee bit mental.[/QUOTE]
Whe all include of "mental".

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 02:39 PM
I ment a physical item. ;)
-damn human speech and it's constant errors, until it's gone one day.

you could construct a 3-d shape of π, but it would only be a shape.

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 02:41 PM
π

A bad workman blames his tools. ;)

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 02:44 PM

hehe, both the tools and the workman will both be gone one day. The "thought" will even be forgotten.

Human speech is flexible. Sometimes a single phrase could have literally thousands of interpretations.

Let's continue adding "paradox" phrases. :cool2:
----------starting now------------

"Bob says he'll never loose weight". (Bob gains and looses weight everyday...even if bob gains fat, he still poops once or twice a day. :lol: )

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 02:47 PM
OK.

I understand what wolfmight is going on about. :unsure:

DarthInsinuate
09-05-2005, 02:54 PM
you use the term 'understand' loosely, of course

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 02:55 PM
"you suck"

---
Hmmm, in which way? Hasn't every sucked something once in there lifetime. (Sick bastards, keep the comments to yourself) If you eat, then I'm afraid...You SUCK!

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 02:59 PM

It's a paradox because to understand what wolfmight is saying is patently impossible. :cool:

DarthInsinuate
09-05-2005, 03:00 PM

It's a paradox because to understand what wolfmight is saying is patently impossible. :cool:
:pinch: i missed that

and i was off on that tautology thing, fecking logic, doesn't make sense :dry:

JPaul
09-05-2005, 03:42 PM
Whe all include of "mental".[/QUOTE]
I'm taking that as a yes.

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Whe all include of "mental".
I'm taking that as a yes.[/QUOTE]
thanks for complementing my intelligence then. :D

JPaul
09-05-2005, 03:44 PM
Sometimes a single phrase could have literally thousands of interpretations.

Which single phrase can have literally thousands of interpretations.

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 03:47 PM
"sarcasm"

---
fictional

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Sometimes a single phrase could have literally thousands of interpretations.

If someone said,"You smell".

Obviously there are thousands of different smells. To the nose, It may be something pleasing or irritating. (or various others)

I suppose it's human nature to think of the negative side though. So the phrase "You Smell", would more than likely be interpreted as "Stink"...even though it never mentioned that specifically. "Human" + "Speech" = "Mystery", yet understood in common forms. Common words are understood with common definitions... wew, it could go on till the end of the race. :rolleyes:
:shifty:

large books explaining theorys.
fictional or factual? fic-tack-teu-walll :blink: , nah...better stop there.

"Large Books"
Is it full of 500 pages or is it very massive with a single page inside? What if the reader feels 500 pages is easy to read?

"Completely Understand"
How, when there's always new things to learn about it? You may know how to turn it on, fix it, etc...but what about it's atoms? many many questions are still out there about it.

eh,
it = something you like

GepperRankins
09-05-2005, 04:08 PM
"could care less"

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 04:10 PM
"been _____ all day"

replace "_____" with a verb.

GepperRankins
09-05-2005, 04:13 PM
"wanker" as an insult. everyone does it

"war on terror"

Barbarossa
09-05-2005, 04:20 PM
I'd give my right foot to be a professional footballer.

manker
09-05-2005, 04:33 PM

Obviously there are thousands of different smells. To the nose, It may be something pleasing or irritating. (or various others)That is incorrect. It could only be interpreted by changing the nature of the word smell. If smell was a verb it could be interpreted as an instruction or a statement indicating that someone, indeed, could smell. It could be an indication of a perfumier's profession.

If smell was descriptive, then it could be interpreted as a good or bad statement of fact, as you point out. It indicates that the person is emitting an odour.

However, you'd need to add another word (of) if you wanted to be any more esoteric and interpret it as you state.

You see, the phrase 'You smell' means exactly the same when used in any of the following sentences:

You smell of flowers.
You smell of beer.
You smell of shit.
You smell of a freshly feltched frenetic friar.

Each incidence of 'you smell' is interpreted in precisely the same way. Therefore there aren't 'literally thousands' of ways that you can interpret the phrase 'You smell'

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 06:13 PM

Obviously there are thousands of different smells. To the nose, It may be something pleasing or irritating. (or various others)That is incorrect. It could only be interpreted by changing the nature of the word smell. If smell was a verb it could be interpreted as an instruction or a statement indicating that someone, indeed, could smell. It could be an indication of a perfumier's profession.

If smell was descriptive, then it could be interpreted as a good or bad statement of fact, as you point out. It indicates that the person is emitting an odour.

However, you'd need to add another word (of) if you wanted to be any more esoteric and interpret it as you state.

You see, the phrase 'You smell' means exactly the same when used in any of the following sentences:

You smell of flowers.
You smell of beer.
You smell of shit.
You smell of a freshly feltched frenetic friar.

Each incidence of 'you smell' is interpreted in precisely the same way. Therefore there aren't 'literally thousands' of ways that you can interpret the phrase 'You smell'
this altogether is another interpretation. :rolleyes:
Yes, by the proper standards, but everyday speech tends to break the rules most of the time. (ghetto-talk is technically "retarded", but used in a way of vantage...strange.)
I appriciate the feedback ;)

manker
09-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Yes, by the proper standardsIndeed :snooty:

;)

Wolfmight
09-05-2005, 06:31 PM
:D

" That guy is perfect "
- He's perfect at dieing too..he was never born...perfection is impossible

" I shit my pants "
- Wow, that must have been painful

" I literally shit myself "
- Ouch, wouldn't you have turn inside-out through your sphincter?

" He's my slave for eternity "
- You both gonna die!!!

" He's dead inside... "
- How is he alive on the outside? He's either dead or alive.

" I swam under water "
- How? In the solid rock and dirt below the water on top?

" It hurt bad "
- The 2nd one switches the first one around...i.e. It was bad at "hurting" you?

" I didn't kill him, the gunfire did! "
- The bullets did (unless he had a heart-attack from the noise...elderly)

GepperRankins
09-05-2005, 06:32 PM
busyman

if he was really busy he wouldn't have time to talk shit on t'internet

Barbarossa
09-06-2005, 01:01 PM
The carpet fitters will be there late morning.

Well now it's fecking afternoon and they're still not here... Bastards. :angry: