PDA

View Full Version : I want BT without spyware

wiggle
09-13-2005, 08:04 PM
I just need a BT client, I'm new at this. Two requirements

Must be free to download and use

Must be free of spyware and adware

I looked at BitLord 1.1 and it said on the opening page before install, that it contains adware (atleast they were honest), so I have binned that one.

I see a thread about Azareus containing spyware, where the OP downloaded it from the Azareus homepage version 2.3 I think. Most replies he got just said it doesn't have spy/adware but that doesn't explain why he got bargain buddy.

Someone else asked about bitlord, and was told bitlord has crapware, unlike bitcomet, so is bitcomet free of crapware and free to use?

I just need a recomendation please, and a link to a safe download site.

I also noted that your dl speed is linked to your ul speed, I think my ISP limits upload speed to something stupid like 20kb/s my connection is 1meg broadband so the MAX I can download at is around 130kb/s what will be the consequenses of my ISP limiting my upload speed?

Thanks

RealitY
09-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Azerus dosent have spyware as I use it nor do I have any of that...

Gripper
09-13-2005, 08:24 PM
TryBitcomet (http://www.bitcomet.com/) ,I have a 20k upload as well so you should be ok you just leave it running away in the background,you hardly notice it when you're surfing,a lot of people leave them running 24/7,good luck with it you can find plenty of advice here if you have probs,don't forget to read the faq's

ceborame
09-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Ive tried em all !

use azureus its easily the best, I like the safepeer plugin .

per torrent download i get about 300 - 500 connection attempts blocked by safepeer!

you will need to get java runtime environment

regards

mick

Alien5
09-13-2005, 09:01 PM
bitcomet :w00t:

mastros
09-13-2005, 10:03 PM
well azureus its the best but takes alot of ram and cpu
after azureus i kinda like abc best :)

sArA
09-13-2005, 10:39 PM
well azureus its the best but takes alot of ram and cpu
after azureus i kinda like abc best :)

I agree, but its still the best client imo, I use it with PeerGuardian.

erRor67
09-13-2005, 11:09 PM
TryBitcomet (http://www.bitcomet.com/) ,I have a 20k upload as well so you should be ok you just leave it running away in the background,you hardly notice it when you're surfing,a lot of people leave them running 24/7,good luck with it you can find plenty of advice here if you have probs,don't forget to read the faq's
Just make sure to uncheck the toolbar during installation or else u will get spyware afterwards..

Sadly, they just added the new toolbar in the lastest version (.60). Its optional so BitComet can still be clean. :)

Joakim Agren
09-14-2005, 12:35 AM
Just use Rufus 0.64 the latest spinn off the G3 Torrent client that is pretty much dead by now!.

It is just as advanced as Azureus but lighter on the RAM and CPU and does not require Java as it is Python based. It has one unique function though that is the Web Interface that do require Java. It means you can surf to your home computer from work or school and manage your torrents you can pause delete and add Torrents from a distance if your home computer is left on. The only requirement is that the computer you work from has Java installed!.

It also has a nice and clean GUI!

I use Rufus and is my client of choice and unlike G3-Torrent that had some leecher funtions it is not banned from many trackers!.

You can download Rufus here:

http://rufus.sourceforge.net/images/logo.png http://rufus.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

Joakim Agren
09-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Ive tried em all !

use azureus its easily the best, I like the safepeer plugin .

per torrent download i get about 300 - 500 connection attempts blocked by safepeer!

you will need to get java runtime environment

regards

mick

Many trackers already have bad IP's blocked at tracker level!

Besides it is just false security and a waste of CPU and RAM!. The Anti Pirates has started to use new methods!.

Conclusion it is a unnecessary function!

prae
09-14-2005, 05:29 AM
I'm a major fan of BitTornado.

Of course in every thread there will always be numerous opinion and everybody has their own favorite.

Bittornado is spyware free, and it's my favorite because it is simple, easy to use, and most importantly reasonably good on system resources.

wiggle
09-14-2005, 05:16 PM
OK thanks for your replies, I'll just have to pick one of them, but I don't think I'll try Azareus because I don't want the hassle of having to download java (if I haven't already got it) and I don't like the sound of it using up cpu resourses.

SO it will be one of the other 3

Bitcomet
rufus
bittornado

Unless I forgot someone - sorry if I did - but I did read all replies.

Cheers.

sniper038
09-15-2005, 05:08 AM
BitSpirit is the best of all! I can guarantee.

Joakim Agren
09-15-2005, 06:57 AM
BitSpirit is the best of all! I can guarantee.

Can you motivate that please??

Why is it superior to the others??

I still vote for Rufus as my choice!

If you convince me that it is good maybe I will try it out!

Leeson
09-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Bitcomet gets my vote, good feature set, low on resources, free of spyware/adware

ferdinand
09-15-2005, 05:17 PM
I'm a major fan of BitTornado.

Of course in every thread there will always be numerous opinion and everybody has their own favorite.

Bittornado is spyware free, and it's my favorite because it is simple, easy to use, and most importantly reasonably good on system resources.

Agreed, been using this one for agessssss. :cool2:

orcutt989
09-15-2005, 09:07 PM

Yeap, I second that. I just stated using BitComet after using ABC for years, and this is like a breath of fresh air. It doesnt lag my computer, easy to use.

dodgy368
09-16-2005, 09:07 AM
BitTornado, very easy to use and no spy/adware.:D

http://www.bittornado.com/

twisterX
09-24-2005, 02:36 AM
bittornado