PDA

View Full Version : newcomer to bittorrent

pag
09-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Hey everyone. I'm totally new to downloading and uploading using bittorent. Can anyone recommend any good sites I could try. I do have a huge collection of CDS (400+GB) and would be willing to share.
Cheers
[email protected]

Gripper
09-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Have a look here there are ton
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t89539.html
welcome to the site,I'd advise using the search button for any questions first,if yhat don't help go ahead and ask:)

pag
09-20-2005, 06:20 PM
cheers matey

Gripper
09-20-2005, 06:40 PM
you are welcome

Dredpirate
09-21-2005, 03:29 AM
I would suggest you try to get on some good private trackers. It's sometimes hard to do, but if your planning on sticking with it, it's worth the effort. Get on a few new ones that are giving out invites or have open signups.

Build your stats up, and then ask for invites on the better ones. Most people have no idea how good it gets cause they don't put the effort in. If you don't, you won't know either.

Gripper
09-21-2005, 09:31 AM
What do you consider the good ones,I,m on Pisexy and Torrentit,which are both very good,its a struggle to keep your ratio's up when you can d/load at 200k and upload at only 20('cause of capping)but if you persevere you can get good ratio's,leecher's are just a pain in the fucking arse,Pisexy are very strict!!!

J-Kwon
09-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Try http://bitsoup.org its a very nice private tracker and I find myself maxing out most of the time

keep your ratio above one 1 because most sites are very strict on ratios

Dredpirate
09-23-2005, 03:33 AM
What do you consider the good ones

Well, I concider any site good that has great speed, only quality stuff, good selection, and gets stuff before the rest.

Pisexy has pretty much the best DVD selection out there but lacks in all the other criteria.

Torrentit - I would consider to be a good site all around.

TB also.

As for others all I can say is :whistling

They are hard to seed I will admit, but my ratio stays OK and I got 5M down and 385K up and I max out my 5M down on most torrents at a few sites.

twisterX
09-24-2005, 02:01 AM
slyck.com also has info