PDA

View Full Version : Missing files and corrupted downloads when trying t download movies why?

top25
10-06-2005, 01:58 PM
Im new to this still and would like too know where the good movies are that are not corrupted this rarely happens when i download movies with bittorent.Most if not all these movies in newgroups seem too be corrupted and missing files why and where can i get the good ones just DVD-R's mainly.I keep getting part validation failed or something like that im using newsleecher that i bought yesterday. :frusty:

mEtho
10-06-2005, 02:14 PM
When you start getting a lot of missing/corrupt files it is usually one of two things:
1. Faulty RAM, look for Prime95 or memtest86, both are free programs to test RAM. Look at Overclockers forum to see how to use the torture test in Prime95 to check your system. The bad RAM makes Quickpar return a lot of errors.
2. Bad server retntion, a lot of ISP newsservers sux big time when it comes to having the files you need for downloads. A commercial server like Newshosting or Giganews will make a world of difference in getting complete files.

Its from another forum!!!

cldnails
10-06-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the completion/retention of the news provider service that he's using. What service are you using?

You will need to make sure that you also download the .par files on top of the .rar files when downloading a movie. Then use something like quickpar to repair the archives. Once you do this then extract as usual.

{I}{K}{E}
10-06-2005, 03:53 PM
I think you get incomplete files not corrupted files..

try downloading par2 files.

what server do you use?

RealitY
10-06-2005, 04:46 PM
im using newsleecher that i bought yesterday.
I think your cash would be better spent on a good news server like NewsHosting since if your using your company service its most likely an issue of completion. You can check out our referral link for NewsHosting at...
http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

top25
10-06-2005, 06:15 PM
im using newsleecher that i bought yesterday.
I think your cash would be better spent on a good news server like NewsHosting since if your using your company service its most likely an issue of completion. You can check out our referral link for NewsHosting at...
http://www.newshosting.com/?a=51500

Thanks for the help guys, i am going to sign up to Newhosting as soon as thier site signup goes back online its been offline since yesterday Reality,verizon is my server right now and i use newzbin as an indexing site i cant dl things older than 11to 12 days with verizon so will be switching in a few hours hopefully.I have been getting many albums for the time being.Reality the last movie i tried to download was one you posted here Terminator 2 Extreme Edition WS NTSC [CCE 9 Pass] but that had a missing file or part validation failed in about the 93 part.I really wanted that too as you said the quality is excellent.I will try to repair it next time using quickpar
as cldnails said.Seems complicated though whats pars?

cldnails
10-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Pars are just a repair file for the rar archives. I know it sounds complicated, but it really isn't once you do it once or twice. Once you have installed quick par you simply double click on the first par file in the folder and the application will test all the archives automatically, it'll let you know if they need repaired, and then all you have to do is hit repair and let it do it's magic.

top25
10-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Ok cool i will try it thanks cldnails.Ps. im all signed up to newshosting now and currently trying to download Terminator.The speeds are alot more stable meaning it does not fluctuat as much and maxes my connection i wish i had more than 3MB down now lol.