PDA

View Full Version : When I run Azureus or Bitcomet, my internet speed slows to a crawl or shuts down.

BrunoS4
10-10-2005, 05:25 AM
I don't know why but whenever I am running a bittorent software, my internet gets REALLY slow and eventually comes to a halt completely.
I exit the software and my speeds come back.
I have a Linksys WRT54GS router.
Also, NAT Tests regularly fail.

My cousin is very knowledgable with the torrent world and can't figure it out either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fuzzy Juzzy
10-10-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm probably missing something major here, but surely it's because Azureus/Bitcomet is using all your available download/upload bandwidth? Limit your download speeds or something, so you can surf the web simultaneously.

Gripper
10-10-2005, 09:53 AM
I'm probably missing something major here, but surely it's because Azureus/Bitcomet is using all your available download/upload bandwidth? Limit your download speeds or something, so you can surf the web simultaneously.
I was having the same problem but cured it by limiting my upload speed to 80% of what i'm capable of,when i'm not trying to surf I change it back up to 100%
So I can u'load @20KBs I knock it down to 16KBs and everything works nice,I'm using Bitcomet.

DestroySBC
10-12-2005, 11:16 PM
Well we are all newbs at this some time or another Just do what they say limit your UL/ DL speeds

I used to think i had an unlimited speed

I was off ---------------WAY OFF