PDA

View Full Version : ratio question

nat
10-28-2005, 09:08 AM
will my ratio only change by uploading torrents from that particular site.
e.g. if i download a torrent from say torrentspy and upload it will that effect my ratio on pisexy.org?

thx any help appreciated

Mantorok
10-28-2005, 10:05 AM
I does not matter where you get the torrent from. If pisexy has the same torrent you can upload it there to improve your ratio.

Alien5
10-28-2005, 10:05 AM
no, your ratio will change if you upload a torrent,you download from any site. as long as you get the same torrent. check the file name size and amount of files in the torrent first.

horia
10-28-2005, 01:27 PM
one some sites (torrentit.com I've heared) u can get banned for these things.. don't know why.. :(

snarler45
10-28-2005, 01:40 PM
one some sites (torrentit.com I've heared) u can get banned for these things.. don't know why.. :(

They regard it as cheating or a security threat take your pick. I sometimes get peed off with Torrentit but it is one pf the best sites - you just have to work hard to keep a good ratio:cool2:

On a private tracker you have to follow the rules SAT

manker
10-28-2005, 05:29 PM
will my ratio only change by uploading torrents from that particular site.
e.g. if i download a torrent from say torrentspy and upload it will that effect my ratio on pisexy.org?

thx any help appreciatedI think the answers above are a tad ambiguous.

I'll use your example of Torrentspy and Pisexy:

If you download a file from Torrentspy and seed it once you're done, it will have no effect on your ratio at Pisexy.

However, if you download a file from Torrentspy and once it's done, notice that exactly the same file is also on the Pisexy tracker, you can download the Pisexy torrent and point it at the file you've already downloaded. Any data you upload from this file will, then, affect your Pisexy ratio.

Note this is only the case if the file is exactly the same on both trackers.

nat
10-28-2005, 10:49 PM
manker, thanks for your help and everyone elses. It really cleared up a few things for me. However just to be safe i think i will only upload torrents from pisexy.

thanks everyone.

Alien5
10-28-2005, 11:55 PM
dont you mean upload to not from :wacko:

orcutt989
10-29-2005, 04:50 PM
No, it will not. I did this with a torrent. I got the main torrent from torrentspy.com, then when I let it run overnight. Then next morning, it was like 70% done but pretty slow(saying like 8 more hours??). So I went to torrenbytes.com and got the torrent with 1000+seeds, and finished it up in like ten minutes, and then preceeded to upload over what I had downloaded in a relatively short amount of time.

top25
10-30-2005, 08:24 PM
This is one of my methods best to build my ratio on newly joined sites.

nat
11-01-2005, 10:08 PM
so does that also mean that if i download a torrent at torrent spy my ratio will not be effected at pisexy?

Darville90
11-01-2005, 10:59 PM
so does that also mean that if i download a torrent at torrent spy my ratio will not be effected at pisexy?

yes that is correct :D