PDA

View Full Version : Help! [errno2 no such file or directory]

Tago Mago
11-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Damn, the torrent I'm most desperate for I can't download.

The client I use is BitTornado. When I try, BT gets the torrent file, and creates a named file for my download, but then I get the message 'trouble acessing files [errno2] no such file or directory C:\\Documentsand Settings...etc etc'. When I look in the folder I save torrents to, a new named folder has been created to save it into as normal, but BT says it can't find it. I use Firefox, but have also tried using IE. Tried saving to various folders, also saving the torrent file to my desktop and opening it rather than just opening it in BT. Any help would be very gratefully received, I'm desperate.

ziggyjuarez
11-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Dont know how much this will help but i use utorrent.no problems.
http://www.utorrent.com/
ps. MF Doom:01:

Tago Mago
11-16-2005, 04:02 PM
I have to confess.....I'm not really MF Doom.

I am starting to wonder if I should try with another client, but not sure how to do that. Would I need to uninstall BitTornado, as that currently starts up whenever I click on a torrent? I'm a bit anxious about fu**ing with the formula, as BitTornado has generally served me well. But I am getting desperate. None of the suggested tips, saving the torrent file and clicking on it, clearing the temporary cache etc, seem to work. I notice that the name of the file/directory has two '\\'s in it. Should there be only one I'm wondering?

Mauro Rosati
11-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Delete your temporary files, it may be that the problem.

Tago Mago
11-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Got it by using Azureus in the end, but I've followed Ziggys advice and installed UTorrent, which i think I'm sticking with, it's good.