PDA

View Full Version : torrentleach banned me 4 no reason

mishkins
12-21-2005, 03:33 AM
I got apparently disabled from torrentleach...

I started looking for a way to contact them and all of a sudden it said "congraulations you are banned!"(403 and banned msg no more site), I tryed going there on my server which has a different ip and it said the same thing

I had like a 16:1 ratio with over 150gigs uploaded and I'm a uploader at several other torrentsites...

BLEH!

anyone have any idea how I can get in contact with them (if not there loss I guess)

ps-never invited or traded anything

codecx
12-21-2005, 03:34 AM
you can seek them out on their IRC.. but don't bother, you aren't going to get back online unless you give them 20EU for a VIP account.

mishkins
12-21-2005, 03:36 AM
I would think the fact that I barely download anything and could be a major seeding asset in the future would be enough

doesn't make sense why they would ban me...

(I have a 10mbit unmetered server)

what is the irc address, I don't have it and I can't get it (banned)

mishkins
12-21-2005, 03:38 AM
hmm I'm reading at another site that lots and lots of people seem to randomly get banned...

zarquon
12-21-2005, 03:51 AM
I got apparently disabled from torrentleach...

I started looking for a way to contact them and all of a sudden it said "congraulations you are banned!"(403 and banned msg no more site), I tryed going there on my server which has a different ip and it said the same thing

I had like a 16:1 ratio with over 150gigs uploaded and I'm a uploader at several other torrentsites...

BLEH!

anyone have any idea how I can get in contact with them (if not there loss I guess)

ps-never invited or traded anything

With a ratio that high perhaps they suspect you of ratio cheating.

mishkins
12-21-2005, 03:58 AM
thats not that unusual I know people with over 50TB uploaded at sites

and I've seen upload ratios in the trillions...

Rip The Jacker
12-21-2005, 04:36 AM
1. Change IP.

or

2. Use www.hidemyass.com

mishkins
12-21-2005, 05:38 AM
bleh couldn't someone just give me the info for the irc, plus a proxy probably isn' the best thing for uploading at high speeds... maybee for site but someone probably can look that info up real fast or might know it off the top of their head... if not I'll reconnect and get a new ip lol but I'm so not making another account

Rip The Jacker
12-21-2005, 08:40 AM
If you'd rather connect with your own IRC client, head to #torrentleech at irc.torrentleech.org:7011 or :+7021(ssl).
Here ya go...

Dready
12-21-2005, 07:30 PM
Hmmm i got the same thing today, when i tryed to log on TL ... Im bannede dont no way :(

hoedown
12-21-2005, 11:42 PM
well, ive got warnings for hit and run on files ive never dl.

that means 2 weeks of no use, so i wont get banned.

pm the mod is ofcourse no use, same is mentioning it in the forums because it gets locked straight away.

mishkins
12-22-2005, 12:02 AM
well I got a reason atleast, apparently your not aloud to take a upload from their site, seed it then later upload it yourself to another site... the fact that I could have easily gotten it dirrectly from a friend with better higher up access them them doesn't matter I guess

I'm still just getting into this stuff (learning fast but still doing some stupid stuff I guess) since I messaged the uploader to thank him, say I didn't hit and run but I was gonna seed it on another site after getting a 1.5 ratio on it

smooth move on my part I guess

oh well their loss, I wasn't ever going to have to download something for a torrent site again anyway, I'll just seed other places

codecx
12-22-2005, 04:51 PM
does anyone have suggestions for sites similiar to the quality of Torrent leech?

I was also banned for no apparent reason... thereafter they closed their registration. The public sites are fine.. but..meh I like having the liability of keeping ratio.

I really want a site that hosts ps2 games though :p

CifrOoZ
12-22-2005, 05:00 PM
i cant suggest other site like TL. becouse its probably numer 1. maybe you can try TB

suprafreak6
12-22-2005, 05:04 PM
samething happened to me except i had 64 gig to 3 gb download, i get banned and i just gave up

DanB
12-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Do you use BitComet by any chance?