PDA

View Full Version : One shot. One kill. *graphic image*

Mr. Mulder
01-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Went hunting again Friday morning and snagged this tubby Texan on his way to the local burger establishment. I forgot to take the pic before dressing the guy though. :slap:

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/8767/boomheadshot1fs.jpg

Four quarter pounders and two back strip fillets = $45.15 dollars of meat :drool:

I'm too much of a girl to process it my self though' I think I'll take it to a real man for that... :unsure:

enoughfakefiles
01-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Was this person killed with one of your guns or a shurkin star :ph34r:

JPaul
01-01-2006, 03:01 PM
:lol:

Consider it a mercy killing.

manker
01-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Serve him right :snooty:

Lightly grilled with a touch of parmesan.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 04:24 PM
What's really fun is to cast a barbed hook into a deers mouth, then drag it to and fro through the field while it attempts to run in the opposite direction despite being impaled through the lip, cheek, or eye.

Once you got that fellar all tuckered out, you reel him in. He's completely freaked out and breathless. Then I dunk his head under water while I admire it and yank the hook out of it's mouth. I hate it when it gets all stuck like.

Then when the thing basically suffocates, I pull his head out of the water, give it a kiss and let him go. Just playin' wit ya little deer. You go frolic and be merry.

Oh wait, that's fishing, now that's some barbaric shit right there. I guess it's like your own little pointless torture session.

manker
01-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Do you have a point, hobbes, or have you completely missed why Skizo got the pish ripped out of him.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 04:30 PM
What's really fun is to cast a barbed hook into a deers mouth, then drag it to and fro through the field while it attempts to run in the opposite direction despite being impaled through the lip, cheek, or eye.

Once you got that fellar all tuckered out, you reel him in. He's completely freaked out and breathless. Then I dunk his head under water while I admire it and yank the hook out of it's mouth. I hate it when it gets all stuck like.

Then when the thing basically suffocates, I pull his head out of the water, give it a kiss and let him go. Just playin' wit ya little deer. You go frolic and be merry.

Oh wait, that's fishing, now that's some barbaric shit right there. I guess it's like your own little pointless torture session.
No, you fish in water and you try to catch fish, not mammals.

At least so I am told, I've never done it. I suspect neither have you, given your obvious lack of understanding.

maebach
01-01-2006, 04:36 PM
deep fry it.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Do you have a point, hobbes, or have you completely missed why Skizo got the pish ripped out of him.

I live in Texas and it is filled with people reared in families with hunting traditions. These people are not simply red-necks, but bankers, doctors, lawyers and the like. They really get excited about all the different hunting seasons, like you might get excited about upcoming sporting events.

Hunting is highly regulated, with strict rules and strict enforcement, so it is not like some free-for-all shooting fish in a barrel mayhem. A successful hunt is not common, in fact, a kill is "big deal" stuff down here in Texas and it might make someone post something out of excitement. Unlike soccer in which a goal is rare but you know that someone will eventually score, in hunting sometimes you don't even a single shot on goal.

My take was that his post was his excitement overflowing onto the forum, like a fisherman holding his trophy bass. I don't look at the picture so cynically as I am immersed in a culture of people who would be excited to see his picture and talk about their experiences.

If I had to bet, I would imagine that Skizo is wondering why such a positive event in his mind has become such as negative thing.

His picture is rather status quo down here, and something I can't fathom, but I did not grow up hunting since the age of 4 like many have.

It is like your passion for soccer, you can't explain it to me and expect me to embrace it in the same way you do. It is part of how you were brought up and who you are.

We may look at the same picture and have completely different responses to it based on our upbringing. We may also suspect the poster of that picture as having different motivations in posting it.

You might think he wanted to wax his phallus, I might think he was just excited.

When I see a fishing show I can see the genuine excitement on the fishermans face, but all I see is that fish suffocating on a hook as it is admired for it's colors. I think of how I would feel if after running a hundred yard dash I was held underwater. Then he sticks it back it the water and it just kind of floats off camera.

Sometimes we may do things that others, raised differently view as barbaric and we don't even give it a second thought.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Exactly, he's a redneck who wanted to brag and show pictures of the animal he shot. The fact that it's his culture doesn't change anything.

I think that cutting a person's hand off as a punishment for stealing is barbaric. That fact that it is someone else's culture doesn't change my opinion.

Busyman
01-01-2006, 06:22 PM

I live in Texas and it is filled with people reared in families with hunting traditions. These people are not simply red-necks, but bankers, doctors, lawyers and the like. They really get excited about all the different hunting seasons, like you might get excited about upcoming sporting events.

Hunting is highly regulated, with strict rules and strict enforcement, so it is not like some free-for-all shooting fish in a barrel mayhem. A successful hunt is not common, in fact, a kill is "big deal" stuff down here in Texas and it might make someone post something out of excitement. Unlike soccer in which a goal is rare but you know that someone will eventually score, in hunting sometimes you don't even a single shot on goal.

My take was that his post was his excitement overflowing onto the forum, like a fisherman holding his trophy bass. I don't look at the picture so cynically as I am immersed in a culture of people who would be excited to see his picture and talk about their experiences.

If I had to bet, I would imagine that Skizo is wondering why such a positive event in his mind has become such as negative thing.

His picture is rather status quo down here, and something I can't fathom, but I did not grow up hunting since the age of 4 like many have.

It is like your passion for soccer, you can't explain it to me and expect me to embrace it in the same way you do. It is part of how you were brought up and who you are.

We may look at the same picture and have completely different responses to it based on our upbringing. We may also suspect the poster of that picture as having different motivations in posting it.

You might think he wanted to wax his phallus, I might think he was just excited.

When I see a fishing show I can see the genuine excitement on the fishermans face, but all I see is that fish suffocating on a hook as it is admired for it's colors. I think of how I would feel if after running a hundred yard dash I was held underwater. Then he sticks it back it the water and it just kind of floats off camera.

Sometimes we may do things that others, raised differently view as barbaric and we don't even give it a second thought.
Yup. I'm a black fella that grew up in the inner city that never really gave a second thought to hunting and thought nothing negative about Skizo's pics.

Not a big deal unless one wants to make special effort at being a dick.

edit: See almost that entire thread as examples. It's not just a differing of opinion. It's an attack.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I suppose it's a taste thing. Some people find it to be in bad taste, not the hunting, posting the pictures. Some people find it to be acceptable, I don't think it makes members of either group "a dick", just of differing opinions.

It's other things that make people a dick. Like stealing for your Mother, then bragging about it on the internet. Now that's a dick.

maebach
01-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Busyman's black? :unsure: :O :blink:

Busyman
01-01-2006, 06:48 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hilarious!!!

Absolutely. A rarity on the forum methinks.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 06:49 PM
He claims to be, but I'm really dubious. I think his whole persona is a fabrication.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Exactly, he's a redneck who wanted to brag and show pictures of the animal he shot. The fact that it's his culture doesn't change anything.

I think that cutting a person's hand off as a punishment for stealing is barbaric. That fact that it is someone else's culture doesn't change my opinion.

I didn't know that bragging was barbaric.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 06:52 PM

I didn't know that bragging was barbaric.
It isn't, did someone tell you it was, don't listen to them.

Mr. Mulder
01-01-2006, 07:08 PM
I just really hate Garth Brooks :ermm:

enoughfakefiles
01-01-2006, 08:06 PM

Isn't he a presenter on match of the day :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
01-01-2006, 09:06 PM

what the fuck is match of the day?? :unsure:

JPaul
01-01-2006, 09:12 PM

what the fuck is match of the day?? :unsure:
It's a dating thing.

Kind of like the BBC version of Blind Date, only a bit more tasteful.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Yup. I'm a black fella that grew up in the inner city that never really gave a second thought to hunting and thought nothing negative about Skizo's pics.

Not a big deal unless one wants to make special effort at being a dick.

edit: See almost that entire thread as examples. It's not just a differing of opinion. It's an attack.

This is a distillation which captures the essence of the thread.

The picture was there for all to see (and a warning given), the culture defined the response.

If hunting is barbaric, that is one thing. Though the deers in Texas are intentionally killed to thin the herd, as they have almost no natural predators left, and will starve otherwise.

If Skizo used torture and and a dull knife to slowly destroy the creature, that might have a wee bit of merit, but the reality is that the deer died before it knew it was even hurt.

We should really call it what it was, people attacking another because that is what they enjoy.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Hunting is not barbaric, to hunt to eat is a natural thing to do. Hunting for sport is barbaric.

Posting a picture of the decapitated animal is in poor taste. Taste is obviously a cultural thing.

"If Skizo used torture and and a dull knife to slowly destroy the creature, that might have a wee bit of merit, but the reality is that the deer died before it knew it was even hurt."

That is how some cultures kill their meat, who are you to comment on it.

Cheese
01-01-2006, 09:39 PM
The first post in that thread (Skizo's) was a troll post. He posted the picture partly to garner a reaction so that then he could act all offended at people who were mocking his "culture". He couldn't possibly be so dense as to think that the Lounge would want to see a picture of a decapitated animal he claims to have murdered.

People shouldn't really feed the trolls, but when they are as incompetent as Skizo it is kind of funny.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 09:44 PM
Posting a picture of the decapitated animal is in poor taste. Taste is obviously a cultural thing.

"If Skizo used torture and and a dull knife to slowly destroy the creature, that might have a wee bit of merit, but the reality is that the deer died before it knew it was even hurt."

Exactly

Something you are not appreciative of.

The latter point defines "barbaric". Skizo used what was available to him, a gun. The deer died almost instantly.

To be barbaric is to use primitive means, which conveys un-necessary pain and a prolonged experience, when better methods are available.

Let us not continue to play a stupid game.

Skizo was attacked, attacked by people who enjoy taking or pretending to take offense.

Bottom line, some people are looking for an excuse to take the pish out of someone.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 09:50 PM

Exactly

The latter point defines "barbaric". Skizo used what was available to him, a gun. The deer died almost instantly.

To be barbaric is to use primitive means, which conveys un-necessary pain and a prolonged experience, when better methods are available.

Skizo was attacked, attacked by people who enjoy taking or pretending to take offense.

Bottom line, some people are looking for an excuse to take the pish out of someone.

Stop being obtuse, how many times do I have to say this, I have no objection to hunting if it's done properly, I'm not that hypocritical. I've said that repeatedly in this thread and in the other.

It's taking photographs of the decapitated animal and posting them on a filesharing website. I see absolutely no reason or excuse for it, it's simply using the corpse as a trophy to try to look like a big man. For me it does exactly the opposite, it makes the person look like a twat.

Just because you do not find such things offensive does not mean that others don't either.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 09:55 PM
The first post in that thread (Skizo's) was a troll post. He posted the picture partly to garner a reaction so that then he could act all offended at people who were mocking his "culture". He couldn't possibly be so dense as to think that the Lounge would want to see a picture of a decapitated animal he claims to have murdered.

People shouldn't really feed the trolls, but when they are as incompetent as Skizo it is kind of funny.

This is great example of culture.

Most people I work with would want to talk about the attributes of the deer he killed.

A picture would be obligate.

People in the lounge seem to think people give a shit about Jpauls soccer scores which should be in sportsworld.

People excited about something dear to them tend to get all crazy and post wherever they see fit.

I don't ever get at him about this, I just ignore the thread.

If you don't want to see a dead deer, don't look at the thread, you were friggin warned.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 10:00 PM

People in the lounge seem to think people give a shit about Jpauls soccer scores which should be in sportsworld.

If I want to discuss football seriously I do it in sportsworld. If I want to fanny about I do it in the lounge. As does everybody, with every subject, including you.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Exactly

Stop being obtuse, how many times do I have to say this, I have no objection to hunting if it's done properly, I'm not that hypocritical. I've said that repeatedly in this thread and in the other.

It's taking photographs of the decapitated animal and posting them on a filesharing website. I see absolutely no reason or excuse for it, it's simply using the corpse as a trophy to try to look like a big man. For me it does exactly the opposite, it makes the person look like a twat.

Just because you do not find such things offensive does not mean that others don't either.

My point was that "offense" is cultural.

You think that he wants to look like the "big man", my take is that he wants to say, "I finally got one, after years of trying, or weekends of sitting motionless in a blind".

You don't want to see the deer, then don't look at the thread. You were warned.

Easy, peasy

This is about people attacking another because they enjoy it. Nothing more sophisticated than that.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:03 PM

If I want to discuss football seriously I do it in sportsworld. If I want to fanny about I do it in the lounge. As does everybody, with every subject, including you.

Sure Jp, but you never, ever, never ever see me taking the pish at you. I understand that emotion is a human trait, and sometimes you may post in the wrong forum.

That is fine with me, but I do not feel inclined to post in a thread which has no interest to me, just to be an arse.

Maybe you could do the same.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 10:04 PM

You think that he wants to look like the "big man", my take is that he wants to say, "I finally got one, after years of trying, or weekends of sitting motionless in a blind".

Easy, peasy

This is about people attacking another because they enjoy it. Nothing more sophisticated than that.

So if we find something offensive we ignore it, rather than saying "you, Sir are out of order". That's not the way we do it where I come from. I'm surprised it's your (hobbes) way.

That is an enormous cultural difference.

Re your other "point" on why people are doing it, perhaps that would have been your motivation, it wasn't mine. I think you are possibly judging others by your own standards.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 10:05 PM

Sure Jp, but you never, ever, never ever see me taking the pish at you. I understand that emotion is a human trait, and sometimes you may post in the wrong forum.

That is fine with me, but I do not feel inclined to post in a thread which has no interest to me, just to be an arse.

Do you honestly find me posting about football to be offensive, really.

Cheese
01-01-2006, 10:09 PM
The guy was trolling. I doubt it is even his own picture.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:12 PM
The guy was trolling. I doubt it is even his own picture.

:wacko:

Busyman
01-01-2006, 10:19 PM

Easy, peasy

This is about people attacking another because they enjoy it. Nothing more sophisticated than thatI guess folks posting their big fish catches are barbaric too.

If you catch a swordfish don't post it unless you are a trolling barbarian.:ermm:

hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:20 PM

Easy, peasy

So if we find something offensive we ignore it, rather than saying "you, Sir are out of order". That's not the way we do it where I come from. I'm surprised it's your (hobbes) way.

Re your other "point" on why people are doing it, perhaps that would have been your motivation, it wasn't mine. I think you are possibly judging others by your own standards.

The point is that viewing everything as your culture does is myopic.

There are constructive and destructive ways to deal with different perspectives or experiences.

It doesn't take a genius to see that people were just taking the pish because they thought that was clever or funny. No attempt was made to explain that such an image, despite the warning, was distressing to people, not from Texas.

No, just overt antagonist and a pile on mentality.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 10:23 PM

I guess folks posting their big fish catches are barbaric too.

If you catch a swordfish don't post it unless you are a trolling barbarian.:ermm:

I don't fish.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:26 PM

You post something that ellicits an emotion from you, so does Skizo.

Culturally his posting is not offensive.

Only if you think that your world view defines the absolute do you need to be an arse in return.

I never, ever disrespect soccer, though almost all Americam threads about baseball or football are molested.

Why is that, you think?

JPaul
01-01-2006, 10:27 PM
There are constructive and destructive ways to deal with different perspectives or experiences.

It doesn't take a genius to see that people were just taking the pish because they thought that was clever or funny. No attempt was made to explain that such an image, despite the warning, was distressing to people, not from Texas.

Make up your mind, a few minutes ago people should have ignored it.

Like I said if that's your way, carry on. It's not mine.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:30 PM

Well, you were just being ignorant, which we have all seen.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 10:31 PM

Only if you think that your world view defines the absolute do you need to be an arse in return.

I never, ever disrespect soccer, though almost all Americam threads about baseball or football are molested.

Why is that, you think?

Is this your new obtuse phase. I posted because I found the thread offensive. You are more than welcome to tell me if you find the football scores offensive, or any other thread start, I would expect you to.

But then you are more an ignorer than a protester.

Busyman
01-01-2006, 10:32 PM

Why is that, you think?
Anti-Americanism? Inferiority complex?

Notice that at first Skizo was being just fucked with...then everyone was offended.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 10:33 PM

Ignorant of what.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 10:33 PM

Why is that, you think?
Anti-Americanism? Inferiority complex?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quality

hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:36 PM
The only real message we should understand is that some people like to be offended or pretend to be offended so that they can take the pish out of others.

People who are more secure and centered attempt to understand why people post as they do.

It is matter of sophistication, you see.

GepperRankins
01-01-2006, 10:38 PM
who would win if hobbes and JP had a fist fight

enoughfakefiles
01-01-2006, 10:40 PM

Maybe a google fight first.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:41 PM

I would win, but the guilt would consume me.

GepperRankins
01-01-2006, 10:42 PM

hobbes pwned JP

enoughfakefiles
01-01-2006, 10:44 PM
hobbes pwned JP

Depends how you word it :ph34r:

Cheese
01-01-2006, 10:45 PM

JP. Hobbes would be too busy trying to make a "secure and centered attempt" to understand why JP wanted to fight.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:45 PM

Nobody Pwns Jp, it is just a matter of compromise.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 10:46 PM
hobbes definitely. I don't engage in such crass behaviour.

But it's unlikely to happen, as he would ignore anything I did which may antagonise or offend him.

hobbes
01-01-2006, 10:49 PM

But it's unlikely to happen, as he would ignore anything I did which may antagonise or offend him.

No, I would call Jp barabric and retreat from the conflict.

Jp is a barber, you see.

JPaul
01-01-2006, 10:51 PM

No, I would call Jp barabric and retreat from the conflict.

Jp is a barber, you see.
That sounds a wee bit mental, I am obviously missing some reference.

Yogs
01-02-2006, 12:21 PM
We should really call it what it was, people attacking another because that is what they enjoy

If you don't want to see a dead deer, don't look at the thread, you were friggin warned.

Easy, peasy

Maybe you could do the same.

The only real message we should understand is that some people like to be offended or pretend to be offended so that they can take the pish out of others.

People who are more secure and centered attempt to understand why people post as they do.

It is matter of sophistication, you see.

Thanks, Hobbes.:)

It's all in there.:01:

Yogi

Cheese
01-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Did that take you very long to do? A rather feeble but longwinded attempt to troll people, pretty sad really.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 01:44 PM
Did that take you very long to do? A rather feeble but longwinded attempt to troll people, pretty sad really.
Must have taken ages, what an arse.

More to be pitied than scorned really, but since it's trolling scorn will have to do.

The great animal lover, who mourned a feckin' rabbit, supporting someone posting a picture of a decapitated deer. Yeah that's genuine.

Yogs
01-02-2006, 01:48 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1580111904.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Yogs
01-02-2006, 01:55 PM
http://www.deerseeker.com/images/DeerSeeker_01.jpg (http://www.deerseeker.com/jumpindex.htm)[ClickiePic]

manker
01-02-2006, 02:05 PM
I can honestly say that I posted in Skizo's twat thread because I like taking the piss out of twats.

I think that to be proud enough of killing a deer to post pictures of it with its head cut off and its body mutilated on a filesharing forum is worthy of derision.

So I derided it.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 02:07 PM
I can honestly say that I posted in Skizo's twat thread because I like taking the piss out of twats.

I think that to be proud enough of killing a deer to post pictures of it with its head cut off and its body mutilated on a filesharing forum is worthy of derision.

So I derided it.
You'll understand it if I wait till hobbes confirms that was your motivation.

You simply saying it really isn't enough for me.

maebach
01-02-2006, 02:12 PM
I must agree too, being a vegetarian, I think a person shouldn't beproud on killing something and showing off. But it's good that he said there were graphic images.

manker
01-02-2006, 02:17 PM
I got bored of reading his posts sometime before the discussion ended. I think he was saying that because there are other like minded idiots who are proud enough to shoot an animal and post pictures of it on the interweb that live in Texas, we should leave the lad alone.

What was it. He felt like he had to stick up for Skizo because they're both from Texas. I think we've taken the pish out of enough twats without hobberian intervention, it must have been that.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I got bored of reading his posts sometime before the discussion ended. I think he was saying that because there are other like minded idiots who are proud enough to shoot an animal and post pictures of it on the interweb that live in Texas, we should leave the lad alone.

What was it. He felt like he had to stick up for Skizo because they're both from Texas. I think we've taken the pish out of enough twats without hobberian intervention, it must have been that.
hobberian is a rubbish word, compared to Les' classic mankerian.

However you didn't read on long enough. His primary point became that we weren't really offended and that we were just pretending to be, as an excuse to have a go at someone. Hence Yogi's mentalist quotefest on the previous page.

His secondary point was that if one finds something offensive then just ignore it, rather than pointing out that the thing was offensive. A position I found surprising coming from him, but one lives and learns.

Yogs
01-02-2006, 02:46 PM
http://www.strathdee.com/scotsport/images/video1.gif

manker
01-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Ah, right.

Well, I really wasn't offended, I know I didn't say that I was - J'etais more amused, or even confused, by someone wanting to post a picture of an animal that they'd mutilated. I suppose I have become desensitised to pictures of this ilk. I don't think I'd have liked to have seen it irl, but.

I think of it as tough love, it's highly unlikely that Skizo will post another picture of a dismembered deer on the forum. This is almost entirely down to the pish rippage. Good. I really don't want to see another dead doe.

It's the same sort of thing with Robert the pervy letch. Since the piss rippage, he hasn't been a pervy letch. Busyman doesn't post half as many homosexual references anymore (stop licking my nutsack :blink:) and j2 fixed the spelling error in his sig.

I have everyone's best interests at heart :wub:

manker
01-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah, Yogi is still a work shy wastrel but I think of that as a work in progress :dabs:

JPaul
01-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Ah, right.

Well, I really wasn't offended, I know I didn't say that I was - J'etais more amused, or even confused, by someone wanting to post a picture of an animal that they'd mutilated. I suppose I have become desensitised to pictures of this ilk. I don't think I'd have liked to have seen it irl, but.

I think of it as tough love, it's highly unlikely that Skizo will post another picture of a dismembered deer on the forum. This is almost entirely down to the pish rippage. Good. I really don't want to see another dead doe.

It's the same sort of thing with Robert the pervy letch. Since the piss rippage, he hasn't been a pervy letch. Busyman doesn't post half as many homosexual references anymore (stop licking my nutsack :blink:) and j2 fixed the spelling error in his sig.

That's the funny thing, I have no problem with hunting and have watched TV programs where a deer was shoot, gutted, butchered and cooked. I have seen similar in real life, but only rabbits and fish and it doesn't really bother me. I wouldn't do it myself, but I eat meat and amn't hypocritcal about it.

But a picture of a decapitated deer on the back of a truck, posted in a filesharing forum did offend me. I think it was because the other occassions were about eating and education. This one was about, look at the size of my dick.

It's the context of the thing, as much as the content.

manker
01-02-2006, 03:11 PM
But a picture of a decapitated deer on the back of a truck, posted in a filesharing forum did offend me. I think it was because the other occassions were about eating and education. This one was about, look at the size of my dick.I quite agree, only I wouldn't have used the word 'offend' to describe how the picture affected me but what you wrote there is entirely the reason I indulged in the pish rippage.

Yogs
01-02-2006, 03:17 PM
3-year-old shoots 6-year-old brother on hunting trip
12/30/2005 4:50 PM

A 3-year-old boy shot his 6-year-old brother Friday morning during a family hunting trip in Williamson County.

The family was on a private deer lease near County Road 354 and Highway 183 when the shooting happened.

The 3-year-old apparently picked up a .22-caliber rifle and shot his brother in the leg.

The boy was taken to Brackenridge Hospital. His injuries are non life threatening.

Authorities say the family thought the weapons were unloaded.

"This occurred while the 6-year-old was seated on a four wheeler. The 3-year-old reached over and pulled the trigger of a .22 rifle, striking the six year old," Det. John Foster of the Williamson County Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities have not said whether adults at the scene of the shooting will face any charges. Making a gun accessible to a child is a criminal offense.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Maybe if I were to say I found the image, given where it was and the reason for posting it, offensive.

No that's just the same thing in different words.

Just ignore this.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 03:19 PM
3-year-old shoots 6-year-old brother on hunting trip
12/30/2005 4:50 PM

A 3-year-old boy shot his 6-year-old brother Friday morning during a family hunting trip in Williamson County.

The family was on a private deer lease near County Road 354 and Highway 183 when the shooting happened.

The 3-year-old apparently picked up a .22-caliber rifle and shot his brother in the leg.

The boy was taken to Brackenridge Hospital. His injuries are non life threatening.

Authorities say the family thought the weapons were unloaded.

"This occurred while the 6-year-old was seated on a four wheeler. The 3-year-old reached over and pulled the trigger of a .22 rifle, striking the six year old," Det. John Foster of the Williamson County Sheriff's Office said.

Authorities have not said whether adults at the scene of the shooting will face any charges. Making a gun accessible to a child is a criminal offense.

Got any pics.

Yogs
01-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Texas Six year old dies in hunting accident

Six year old dies in hunting accident — (12/06/2005) A Limestone County family is mourning the loss of a six year-old girl after a tragic hunting accident Sunday morning near Groesbeck.

The Limestone County Sheriff says six year-old Ryleigh Shelton of Clear Lake went to the family ranch off of FM 937 and PR 5787 with her grandfather to go hunting.

The grandfather got out of the truck to shoot a wild hog and the bullet from the gun ricocheted off the hood of the truck and hit Ryleigh, who was sitting in the truck. Ryleigh later died at Scott and White Hospital in Temple.

Ryleigh's body has been sent to Dallas for an autopsy. Meanwhile, the Limestone County Sheriff's Office investigators will present all the facts to the District Attorney after an investigation into the accident.

:ermm:

JPaul
01-02-2006, 03:23 PM
"The grandfather got out of the truck to shoot a wild hog and the bullet from the gun ricocheted off the hood of the truck and hit Ryleigh, who was sitting in the truck."

Why was he shooting across the truck.

maebach
01-02-2006, 03:27 PM
that sucks, too bad here in Canada we're starting to get a gun crisis (GTA). We have all these gangs killing people.

maebach
01-02-2006, 03:27 PM
"The grandfather got out of the truck to shoot a wild hog and the bullet from the gun ricocheted off the hood of the truck and hit Ryleigh, who was sitting in the truck."

americans. . . :lookaroun :dry:

Yogs
01-02-2006, 03:35 PM
Hunter Rescued After Being Trapped Upside Down For 8 Hours In Deer Stand

POSTED: 2:36 am EST December 10, 2005

MOUNT HOLLY, Ark. -- A hunter suffered hypothermia and kidney damage after becoming entangled in his deer stand and dangling upside down 30 feet above the ground in sleet for 81/2 hours.

Raybon E. Upton was hunting by himself Wednesday when his ankle became caught on the deer stand and he slipped. He was trapped there until about midnight when rescuers called by his wife were finally able to free him.

"I had cooked a big supper and he wasn't home, then I just got this gut feeling that something wasn't right. And I went out there and found him," Tammy Upton said Friday.

Upton was conscious but trapped when his wife found him about 8:30 p.m. and call for help. A firefighter was able to secure him with a rope until a fire crew with a ladder could free him.

Upton underwent surgery on Thursday and had another scheduled Saturday and Monday, his wife said.

"He thought he was going to die there," Tammy Upton said. "He had made his peace with God and everything." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Busyman
01-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Ah, right.

Suck a dick. You can't rip toilet tissue, you polished turd.:dry:

I do give you credit for at least saying that you were just fucking with Skizo and not all this "I was really offended" bullshit.

I ain't white, from Texas, in any way a southeren brotheren, or a good ole boy. I also think Skidz is sometimes a Repub idiot but his post was nothing more than if someone caught a huge fish and posted it.

The deer wasn't even that big, it might have been his first kill, or one of few but I never thought "Skizo fuck you". Others did use the "I'm offended" card until it was convenient. It said "Graphic Image", bitches. Pick up your prepackaged meat from the grocery store and STFU.

Rodding is a trolling. Nice try with the name change.:ermm:

JPaul
01-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Ah, right.

I do give you credit for at least saying that you were just fucking with Skizo and not all this "I was really offended" bullshit.

I ain't white, from Texas, in any way a southeren brotheren, or a good ole boy. I also think Skidz is sometimes a Repub idiot but his post was nothing more than if someone caught a huge fish and posted it.

The deer wasn't even that big, it might have been his first kill, or one of few but I never thought "Skizo fuck you". Others did use the "I'm offended" card until it was convenient. It said "Graphic Image", bitches. Pick up your prepackaged meat from the grocery store and STFU.

:lol:

Brilliant rant, you actually sounded quite mental there.

To summarize -

You didn't think it was offensive, so it wasn't.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Rodding is not trolling btw.

Rodding is posting something like, "Dolphin, the most majestic of fish" for someone to reply "You stoopid, Dolphin is a mammal, not a fish".

The idea comes from a TV programme called Socer A.M. where Tim Lovejoy would say something ridiculous and see how many people he could get to phone in and correct him.

You know only too well what trolling is "polished turd".

Biggles
01-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Ah, right.

I can't say I was desperately offended, I have caught and gutted a lot of fish over the years and it is essentially the same thing.

However, it would have been more usual to take a picture of the whole body. A fisherman is shown with the fish fresh from the water - not after he has beheaded and gutted it.

Hunting pictres I have seen usually have the deer draped over the bonnet of the truck (still in one piece).

It just seemed a bit Jeffrey Dahmerish to have lots of bits. One suspects that Skizo was trolling a little too. :naughty:

JPaul
01-02-2006, 04:05 PM
I can't say I was desperately offended, I have caught and gutted a lot of fish over the years and it is essentially the same thing.

Have you ever felt compelled to post pictures of the gutted fish and removed head, with the guts placed on one side, on a file sharing forum. As a comment on your penile length.

I suspect not.

Busyman
01-02-2006, 04:06 PM

However, it would have been more usual to take a picture of the whole body. A fisherman is shown with the fish fresh from the water - not after he has beheaded and gutted it.

Hunting pictres I have seen usually have the deer draped over the bonnet of the truck (still in one piece).

It just seemed a bit Jeffrey Dahmerish to have lots of bits. One suspects that Skizo was trolling a little too. :naughty:
Nah, Skidz may be a little slow but he ain't really devious. Knowing what happens to people that get all uppity offended, I know he wasn't trying to troll...especially with a disclaimer. He probably didn't think of the picture 'till afterwards.

There was no problem until the trolls came through fucking with him to get a rise, which is what trolling is. Dressing it up as something else means nothing.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Nah, Skidz may be a little slow
Troll :angry:

manker
01-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Can't be arsed with the rest but what does this mean:
Nice try with the name change

Biggles
01-02-2006, 04:13 PM

Nah, Skidz may be a little slow but he ain't really devious. Knowing what happens to people that get all uppity offended, I know he wasn't trying to troll...especially with a disclaimer. He probably didn't think of the picture 'till afterwards.

There was no problem until the trolls came through fucking with him to get a rise, which is what trolling is. Dressing it up as something else means nothing.

To be perfectly honest I think I would have prefer it if Skizo was being devious. The alternative is that he thought the bucket of bits was "interesting".

Busyman
01-02-2006, 04:26 PM

To be perfectly honest I think I would have prefer it if Skizo was being devious. The alternative is that he thought the bucket of bits was "interesting".
I didn't notice the bits but actually, yes I think it was the alternative. Skizo ain't really one to try to deliberately fuck with people. Can't say the same for others...

1. A post is made.

2. Twats main aim is to look for something wrong with it...bad taste, grammatical error, makes something up.

3. Only certain people are targeted while others are ignored or left to light jovial attacks.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 04:29 PM

I didn't notice the bits but actually, yes I think it was the alternative. Skizo ain't really one to try to deliberately fuck with people. Can't say the same for others...

1. A post is made.

2. Twats main aim is to look for something wrong with it...bad taste, grammatical error, makes something up.

3. Only certain people are targeted while others are ignored or left to light jovial attacks.

Have you noticed that you are the one who swears and uses abusive names most often.

Just wondered.

manker
01-02-2006, 04:39 PM

1. A post is made.

3. Only certain people are targeted while others are ignored or left to light jovial attacks.Are you bleating about getting picked on again.

If it's any consolation, I have only one criteria regarding the people I laugh at - they have to be a couple of IQ points above idiot.

There, all better now?

Yogs
01-02-2006, 04:43 PM
1. A post is made.

Hear, hear.;)

manker
01-02-2006, 04:44 PM
1. A post is made.

Hear, hear.;)Shut it, pikey.

Busyman
01-02-2006, 04:45 PM

1. A post is made.

3. Only certain people are targeted while others are ignored or left to light jovial attacks.Are you bleating about getting picked on again.

If it's any consolation, I have only one criteria regarding the people I laugh at - they have to be a couple of IQ points above idiot.

There, all better now?
If I was crying about it, I wouldn't consistently and knowingly put myself out there.:ermm:

Your roll is the troll. I know that going in.

Yogs
01-02-2006, 04:55 PM
Are you bleating about getting picked on again.

There, all better now?
If I was crying about it, I wouldn't consistently and knowingly put myself out there.:ermm:

Hear, hear.;)

manker
01-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Are you bleating about getting picked on again.

There, all better now?

Your roll is the troll. I know that going in.It's my opinion that you do, in fact, bemoan the fact that you perceive others to be picking on you.

However, it's all good just so long as it doesn't bother you.

Cheese
01-02-2006, 05:03 PM

Hear, hear.;)

Just what the poor guy needs, validation from a total fackturd.

Busyman
01-02-2006, 05:07 PM

Your roll is the troll. I know that going in.It's my opinion that you do, in fact, bemoan the fact that you perceive others to be picking on you.

However, it's all good just so long as it doesn't bother you.
I know that certain people do but I justa keep posting.

Sometimes it gets boring though and I don't want to be on here and be bored.

Nitpicking is boring and nonentertaining...like when ziggy said he had an oc180...well that...actually turned out quite funny. It was just a boring and obvious try at fucking with someone for simply saying "bullshit" shadowed in proving a point.

If stuff like that did bother me, why would it matter to a troll? :huh: Your whole point is to bother.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 05:15 PM
Hear, hear.;)

Just what the poor guy needs, validation from a total fackturd.
I think you're being sarcastic, however I actually think it is just what he needs.

My favourite bit so far is when Busy called Skizo an idiot, by way of supporting him.

It was poetry, but not the pish kind.

Cheese
01-02-2006, 05:24 PM
It's my opinion that you do, in fact, bemoan the fact that you perceive others to be picking on you.

However, it's all good just so long as it doesn't bother you. I know that certain people do but I justa keep posting.

Sometimes it gets boring though and I don't want to be on here and be bored.

Nitpicking is boring and nonentertaining...like when ziggy said he had an oc180...well that...actually turned out quite funny. It was just a boring and obvious try at fucking with someone for simply saying "bullshit" shadowed in proving a point.

If stuff like that did bother me, why would it matter to a troll? :huh: Your whole point is to bother.

Don't talk like you're not a troll. Troll.

GepperRankins
01-02-2006, 06:11 PM

that sentence uses the word, truck, too much. :dry:

Biggles
01-02-2006, 06:32 PM

Then have no truck with it. :shifty:

Edit: If this was QI then the sirens would be going mad at this point.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 06:54 PM

QI = Brilliant.

Biggles
01-02-2006, 07:13 PM

QI = Brilliant.

Indeed :)

I do feel sorry for Alun Davies though - like a lamb to the slaughter.

hobbes
01-02-2006, 07:14 PM

Ya, that is what I thought. I figured it would be picture of some dead buck, not bits in a bucket. Not an enjoyable photo, but no big deal.

Oh well, it said graphic image, leave thread.

I might accept his story that he forget to take a picture until late and wanted something to post. I can't imagine why he would think a bucket of stuff would give him higher penis points than standing by the deer in the field with smoking rifle in hand, foot on animal. That's the keeper.

Call me old and soft, I think he was genuinely excited about his kill and wanted to share it with the forum, despite the lackluster pic.

Talk about having your parade rained on, sheesh.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 07:17 PM
QI = Brilliant.

Indeed :)

I do feel sorry for Alun Davies though - like a lamb to the slaughter.
He does play to it tho', really well it has to be said.

hobbes do you get QI in the USA, I think you would like it.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 07:19 PM

I'll make sure I say *racial hatred* at the head of my next KKK thread. Then people don't need to read it.

hobbes
01-02-2006, 07:37 PM

I'll make sure I say *racial hatred* at the head of my next KKK thread. Then people don't need to read it.

The image was graphic, but not offensive.

Racial hatred is purely offensive.

QI= no

JPaul
01-02-2006, 07:44 PM

Just because you keep saying it doesn't mean it wasn't offensive. I think we agree that is a personal / cultural thing.

Given the context and content it was offensive to me. Whether you chose to think me a liar or not.

Racial hatred is not offensive to those who support it and to whom it is a culture.

You are kind of eating the cake and having it there mate.

If you get a chance to see QI then you should try it. Particularly if you like Stephen Fry's brand of humour. Having said that, Rich Hall also appears and is also brill (not a fish).

Busyman
01-02-2006, 07:50 PM

QI= no
An bright orange shirt with polka dots can be deemed offensive.

Whether or not one fucks with the wearer is another story.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 07:54 PM

QI= no

By whom, that's just mad talk.

hobbes
01-02-2006, 08:13 PM

QI= no

The 'fellar at the grocery store was offended by everything. You know that little impulse rack of glossy magazines and tabloids just beforre the register, he meticulously turned all 10 of them around so that The sinful people on the covers could not be seen.

I wanted to ask him what he was doing, but I was afraid of his answer.

The cashier told me that he always does that because they show sinners and too much skin.

Busyman
01-02-2006, 08:25 PM

The 'fellar at the grocery store was offended by everything. You know that little impulse rack of glossy magazines and tabloids just beforre the register, he meticulously turned all 10 of them around so that The sinful people on the covers could not be seen.

The cashier told me that he always does that because they show sinners and too much skin.
Well damn! :huh: . I wouldn't have said anything either. It's that "mindyourbusinesshesprobablyanutjob" typa thang.

JPaul
01-02-2006, 08:27 PM

You should just of ignored it and walked away.

Barbarossa
01-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Getting the piss ripped out of you from time to time is all part of the FST experience, especially here in the Lounge.

It's character-building. :dabs:

Whether Skizo wanted to build such a character or not is anyone's guess... However, for a Village Idiot, I always find him to be a pretty good sport ;)