PDA

View Full Version : deer hunting (graphic image)

Spider_dude
01-03-2006, 01:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/spd/dressed_deer.jpg

Cheese
01-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Why is it wearing a bindi?

Yogs
01-03-2006, 01:16 PM
http://www.forum-tvs.ru/style_emoticons/default/chainsaw.gif

Spider_dude
01-03-2006, 01:46 PM
cos skizo dressed it, otherwise it would cost $75 (£1.75)

hobbes
01-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Let's just get this impending picture out of the way, we all know someone will eventually post it, so let's get her dun.

http://myfwc.com/recreation/andrews/images/deer_harv_graph.jpg

It's a graph, get it.:w00t: :01: :pinch: :blushing: :frusty:

Jeff Foxworthy worthy?
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/12500/12771_w.jpg

If you cannot access your electrical outlets because of antlers, you might be a redneck.

Xitement
01-03-2006, 02:04 PM
wtf :blink:

Barbarossa
01-03-2006, 02:10 PM
wtf :blink:

Even I don't know... :no:

Cheese
01-03-2006, 02:11 PM

What happened to Skizo in the early 90's? Did he take up playing the banjo or something?

Proper Bo
01-03-2006, 03:12 PM
i thought the bindi was meant to be a laser sight type thing:blink:

maebach
01-03-2006, 03:21 PM
A bindi is what hindu women wear to represent the third eye. The third eye is one that our god Shiv has, its suppose to potect the women and families because it's located on the forehead where we believe most spiritual energy is lost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bindi

It's hard for me to explain but maybe that might work.

Proper Bo
01-03-2006, 03:30 PM
I know what a bindi is, you glebe:dabs:

maebach
01-03-2006, 03:43 PM
o.

Barbarossa
01-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm offended by the euphemism "harvest" in relation to slaughtering deer.

Spider_dude
01-03-2006, 04:33 PM
ah the bindi is the laser (lazer) sight from the gun, duh. now if that was a rod here is a fist.

JPaul
01-03-2006, 04:47 PM
I know what a bindi is, you glebe:dabs:
I didn't.

Proper Bo
01-03-2006, 04:52 PM
I know what a bindi is, you glebe:dabs: I didn't.

bigotted, racist, uncultured nazi:snooty:

JPaul
01-03-2006, 05:05 PM
I didn't.

It's OK, it's my culture.

Proper Bo
01-03-2006, 05:15 PM
well I find it offensive:dabs:

GepperRankins
01-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Let's just get this impending picture out of the way, we all know someone will eventually post it, so let's get her dun.

Jeff Foxworthy worthy?

If you cannot access your electrical outlets because of antlers, you might be a redneck.
seems kinda silly. how hard can it be to shoot a deer. it's like me hanging coke cans on the wall. :dabs:

JPaul
01-03-2006, 05:16 PM
well I find it offensive:dabs:
Well ignore it.

Proper Bo
01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
It's surprisingly easy with a shotgun, I just bought this the other day to play while stoned:01:
http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/04/78/75/75/0004787575055_215X215.jpg

Proper Bo
well I find it offensive:dabs: Well ignore it.

I can't, it's my culture:snooty:

JPaul

Jeff Foxworthy worthy?

seems kinda silly. how hard can it be to shoot a deer. it's like me hanging coke cans on the wall. :dabs:

But he does it with a bow, your cans probably don't die slowly.

hobbes
01-04-2006, 12:02 AM

I was thinking that the board should establish a system to protect the tender psyche's of our beloved community. A group of individuals called "moderators" could be selected that would, in conjunction with the board administrators, create a list of forum rules.

The Moderators would then be given the power to enforce these rules at their discretion.

If forum members found something offensive, they then could report this to moderators who would then take action. This would eliminate vigilante justice and outright hissy fits and establish a protocol for "crisis" situations.

In addition Vidcc should create an interactive online sensitivity training module which would be mandatory. It would consist of real-life scenarios, various pictures, and descriptions of bodily functions. One would have to correctly identify something as offensive (aka a no-no) or not. A "care-bear" score of greater than 98 would be necessary to activate your account.

It's just a thought. I've got to go out now and turn some magazines around.

manker
01-04-2006, 12:07 AM
It's just a thought. I've got to go out now and turn some magazines around.:lol:

JPaul
01-04-2006, 12:07 AM

I was thinking that the board should establish a system to protect the tender psyche's of our beloved community. A group of individuals called "moderators" could be selected that would, in conjunction with the board administrators, create a list of forum rules.

The Moderators would then be given the power to enforce these rules at their discretion.

If forum members found something offensive, they then could report this to moderators who would then take action. This would eliminate vigilante justice and outright hissy fits and establish a protocol for "crisis" situations.

No need mate, if you find something offensive just ignore it.

That way anyone can post anything they want.

Just the ticket, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. Thankfully you were there to show us the way.

hobbes
01-04-2006, 12:23 AM

Just the ticket, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. Thankfully you were there to show us the way.

I can't imagine being offended by the word title one shot, one kill, which was accompanied by a warning.

I assume I am going to see something dead, so it is a no-clickey. I don't barge right in looking to take offense. Did you really want to see a dead deer? I ignored the thread, not my cup of tea.

If you do enter, wanting to see his dead deer, and you get shocked at what he posted, send him a PM or more properly report it.

We can't have the whole forum go into a 4 alarm panty bunch, everytime some has their "offense" button tripped.

I mean if the magazine store says XXX hot chicks, I don't enter. But certainly a lot of people might take the opposite approach.

There was nothing offensive, racist or descriminatory in the thread title. People ventured forth at their own risk. The result was that many were surprised but most were not offended.

JPaul
01-04-2006, 12:27 AM

I can't imagine being offended by the word title one shot, one kill, which was accompanied by a warning.

I assume I am going to see something dead, so it is a no-clickey. I don't barge right in looking to take offense. Did you really want to see a dead deer? I ignored the thread, not my cup of tea.

If you do enter, wanting to see his dead deer, and you get shocked at what he posted, send him a PM or more properly report it.

We can't have the whole forum go into a 4 alarm panty bunch, everytime some has their "offense" button tripped.

I mean if the magazine store says XXX hot chicks, I don't enter. But certainly a lot of people might take the opposite approach.

There was nothing offensive, racist or descriminatory in the thread title. People ventured forth at their own risk. The result was that many were surprised but most were not offended.

So it's OK to post what you want as long as you warn people, then they can choose not to view it.

Excellent, I love this brave new World you propose.

hobbes
01-04-2006, 12:44 AM
[QUOTE=hobbes]
So it's OK to post what you want as long as you warn people, then they can choose not to view it.

Excellent, I love this brave new World you propose.

As long as they are within the stated forum rules, obviousmente.

You want to post here, stay within the rules.

4. There will be no offensive or inflammatory posts meant to offend or hurt any other member(s) or guest(s) of this forum.

How we define "offensive" is really rather a personal thing.

The key is "meant to offend or hurt". It defines an intent by the poster.

I think the warning given by Skizo says just the opposite.

"Some of you might think this is gross, just letting you know".

This of course is completely different than saying- One shot, one kill-stupid Jew-graphic picture.

I think Skizo realized that some might not want to see a dead deer, so he gave a warning.

No need for such fireworks because he misjudged your personal sensitivity button. Overall the forum was not so "offended". All posts, like all magazine covers will offend a certain percentage.

Maybe the rules should state that no one should excede your threshold of offense. In addition, there are some topics, like abortion, that people may find offensive and want removed from the board. We, in a board devoted to discussion, sometimes we have to be tolerant and accept that things discussed may not meet your approval, but you certainly wouldn't want your thread cut off because someone decided that "soccer" was offensive.

We don't need people thrashing around and disrupting discussion they don't like. It is a shared forum and somethings we just have to tolerate. Unless you own your own forum and make up rules as you go. Can't think of any offhand.

JPaul
01-04-2006, 12:48 AM
Yeah, you base your decisions on FST rules. I shall henceforth do likewise.

No wait, I won't. I shall say what I want and object when I think someone is out of order. Yes, that seems like a better idea.

hobbes
01-04-2006, 12:56 AM

No wait, I won't. I shall say what I want and object when I think someone is out of order. Yes, that seems like a better idea.

I didn't see that coming.:blink:

manker
01-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Good god, hobbes. I'd have about three posts if I took rule four at its apparent meaning.

Those two sentence above could, conceivably, cause you offence because I'm being sarcastic.

We don't have active mods who enforce even a faint semblance of the general forum rules. At least not in the lounge.

Things seem to be going okay with the current self regulation - a group of people talking about whatever they want. We haven't had a hissy fit since Yogi left.

Which is actually a bad thing because it was teh funny.

JPaul
01-04-2006, 01:01 AM

I didn't see that coming.:blink:
If you had presumably you would have avoided wasting so much time on the trite diatribe.

hobbes
01-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Good god, hobbes. I'd have about three posts if I took rule four at its apparent meaning.

Those two sentence above could, conceivably, cause you offence because I'm being sarcastic.

We don't have active mods who enforce even a faint semblance of the general forum rules. At least not in the lounge.

Things seem to be going okay with the current self regulation - a group of people talking about whatever they want. We haven't had a hissy fit since Yogi left.

Yes, but I think it was honestly hurtful to Yogi, the real Yogi, not the forum Yogi and that is not funny.

This is a place to get away from real problems not to inflict real pain, which you guys did.

GepperRankins
01-04-2006, 01:05 AM
not the forum Yogi, that is not funny

agreed

JPaul
01-04-2006, 01:07 AM

Yes, but I think it was honestly hurtful to Yogi, the real Yogi, not the forum Yogi and that is not funny.

This is a place to get away from real problems not to inflict real pain, which you guys did.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He came back, how feckin' hurt do you think he was. He was the one who said he had new, better chums when he "left forever".

Oh, maybe this forum is so vital to him that he is willing to put up with people thinking he is a sad, puerile wastrel.

If so, that's his choice, not yours.

Cheese
01-04-2006, 01:09 AM
I feel pretty sad that we made a 46 year old man cry. :(

JPaul
01-04-2006, 01:15 AM
I feel pretty sad that we made a 46 year old mancry. :(
I changed your post to suggest that the Welsh lad was your middle aged, Frankenstinian, poove creation.

I trust you don't mind.

manker
01-04-2006, 01:17 AM

This is a place to get away from real problems not to inflict real pain, which you guys did.Quite possibly, I have caused other members to feel upset too. In fact, I think it likely.

Some people choose to post about their personal situations and invite comments, others do not. If you're the type of person in the former group and one of the opinions hurts you, then perhaps put it down to it being part of growing up and not bother again.

None of my comments are made with the intention to hurt someone's feelings - that doesn't give me any pleasure - but trying to temper any comments I make to be absolutely sure that it doesn't happen is impossible.

I will, however, continue to use a modicum of discretion.

JPaul
01-04-2006, 01:22 AM
I, on the other hand, aim to wound.

It's a larf.

Cheese
01-04-2006, 01:25 AM
I, however, make no apologies. Sorry.

manker
01-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Moi = out gitted :(

vidcc
01-04-2006, 01:33 AM
In addition Vidcc should create an interactive online sensitivity training module which would be mandatory. It would consist of real-life scenarios, various pictures, and descriptions of bodily functions. One would have to correctly identify something as offensive (aka a no-no) or not. A "care-bear" score of greater than 98 would be necessary to activate your account.

Just remember not to use the phrase "my God said the queen I do believe that one armed nigger is a puff" and you will be ok fagwhore ;)

manker
01-04-2006, 01:37 AM

Just remember not to use the phrase "my God said the queen I do believe that one armed nigger is a puff" and you will be ok fagwhore ;)I am, quite frankly, offended at the lack commas in that statement.

My son will be offended at the horrific sight of my bleeding eyes, should he catch sight of them - and teh missus will no doubt find something to be offended about.

Nice going, vid :dabs:

hobbes
01-04-2006, 01:41 AM

Just remember not to use the phrase "my God said the queen I do believe that one armed nigger is a puff" and you will be ok fagwhore ;)

DAmn it Vidcc, that emoticon is crude. Our UK brethren are going to be like WTF, he needed an emoticon to clue that it was a joke. "Americans don't do subtly", they will think as they guzzle their stella or fag beer d'joor. They will pass out in the gutter tonight, thinking their thoughts of superiority.

Cheese will probably write a short story about it and get his first passing mark.

vidcc
01-04-2006, 01:50 AM
manker has a homepage (http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/mattpowe/cartoons/english_07.html)

Absolutely nothing goes to the smartarse who knows the origin of the offending line.

JPaul
01-04-2006, 02:02 AM
nigger
Prick.

twisterX
01-04-2006, 02:03 AM
wigger. ;)

GepperRankins
01-04-2006, 03:13 AM

This is a place to get away from real problems not to inflict real pain, which you guys did.Quite possibly, I have caused other members to feel upset too. In fact, I think it likely.

Some people choose to post about their personal situations and invite comments, others do not. If you're the type of person in the former group and one of the opinions hurts you, then perhaps put it down to it being part of growing up and not bother again.

None of my comments are made with the intention to hurt someone's feelings - that doesn't give me any pleasure - but trying to temper any comments I make to be absolutely sure that it doesn't happen is impossible.

you made me feel like a cunt t'other day. instead of crying, i took heed and did my best to get back in the bosses good books :01:

Busyman
01-04-2006, 03:22 AM
manker has a homepage (http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/mattpowe/cartoons/english_07.html)

Absolutely nothing goes to the smartarse who knows the origin of the offending line.
Hilarious!:lol: :lol:

Geeksville central.

Busyman
01-04-2006, 03:48 AM

Certain folk on here are going are going to be trolls, hobbes. They will target certain folk no matter what. That's internet forum life, I guess.

Tbh, I think at this point of the forum, one shouldn't be surprised at a harmless post be trolled upon. People let off the steam here and are smartassed 'cause they are able to from the comfort of their computers and nothing else in their sad lives. Many of their lives are drab and boring and they have nothing to look forward to.

It basically comes down to "Why do you fuck with him?":unsure:

Answer: "Because I can, motherfucker!":angry:

Ignore trolls or respond but don't expect change or humility.

Cheese
01-04-2006, 10:04 AM
People let off the steam here and are smartassed 'cause they are able to from the comfort of their computers and nothing else in their sad lives. Many of their lives are drab and boring and they have nothing to look forward to.

That's you, that is. Totally.

Barbarossa
01-04-2006, 10:21 AM
If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? :dabs:

manker
01-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Busyman lamenting a lack of humility.

That's more ironing than Sketchleys.

Cheese
01-04-2006, 10:36 AM
If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? :dabs:

Busyman.*

*Dog with two legs way, obviously.

manker
01-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Quite possibly, I have caused other members to feel upset too. In fact, I think it likely.

you made me feel like a cunt t'other day. instead of crying, i took heed and did my best to get back in the bosses good books :01::01:

I'm taking that as a green light.

Cheese
01-04-2006, 10:39 AM

Do you think someone else was writing his posts last night?

Kind of like when Quentin Tarantino directed CSI, "For one night only, all of Busyman's posts will be made by a humble middle-aged woman from Dorset".

manker
01-04-2006, 10:49 AM

Do you think someone else was writing his posts last night?

Kind of like when Quentin Tarantino directed CSI, "For one night only, all of Busyman's posts will be made by a humble middle-aged woman from Dorset".:lol:

That's one of only two plausible explanations. The other is that he's a bit mental.

Yogs
01-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Vicious Cycles
The main motive for a user trolling is to disrupt the community in some way. Inflammatory, sarcastic, disruptive or humorous content is posted, meant to draw other users into engaging the troll in a fruitless confrontation. The greater the reaction from the community the more likely the user is to troll again, as the person develops beliefs that certain actions achieve his/her goal to cause chaos. This gives rise to the often repeated protocol in Internet culture: "Do not feed the trolls".

Often, a person will post a sincere message about which he is emotionally sensitive. Skillful trolls know that an easy way to upset him is to disingenuously claim that he is a "troll". On other occasions, a person may not instantly understand, or fit into the social norms of a forum where most users have similar characteristics. As a result, his acting just slightly out of the norm (often unintentionally, and for legitimate reasons) garners him the label "troll". It can sometimes be difficult to distinguish between a user who is merely unfamiliar with the social protocols of a forum, and a user who is intentionally trolling; unfortunately, many users react aggressively on a first impression to a perceived troll, which sometimes leads disgruntled newbies to become legitimate trolls.

hobbes
01-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Vicious Cycles
The main motive for a user trolling is to disrupt the community in some way. Inflammatory, sarcastic, disruptive or humorous content is posted, meant to draw other users into engaging the troll in a fruitless confrontation. The greater the reaction from the community the more likely the user is to troll again, as the person develops beliefs that certain actions achieve his/her goal to cause chaos. This gives rise to the often repeated protocol in Internet culture: "Do not feed the trolls".

Often, a person will post a sincere message about which he is emotionally sensitive. Skillful trolls know that an easy way to upset him is to disingenuously claim that he is a "troll". On other occasions, a person may not instantly understand, or fit into the social norms of a forum where most users have similar characteristics. As a result, his acting just slightly out of the norm (often unintentionally, and for legitimate reasons) garners him the label "troll". It can sometimes be difficult to distinguish between a user who is merely unfamiliar with the social protocols of a forum, and a user who is intentionally trolling; unfortunately, many users react aggressively on a first impression to a perceived troll, which sometimes leads disgruntled newbies to become legitimate trolls.

Why am I thinking of internet.news right now?

Cheese
01-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Vicious Cycles

Thanks for the Wikipedia quote, troll. Did you find out which type of troll you are?

Cheese
01-04-2006, 03:28 PM
Vicious Cycles

He acts and gets treated in exactly the same way on quite a few forums. I've witnessed this on here, Soulseek's forums, KL-Tool's forums, Slyck's forums and R&C's (they still going?). Never worked out if he was a victim, a troll, an elaborate rod of epic proportions or just a mental. Or, perhaps, a heady mixture of them all.

JPaul
01-04-2006, 05:20 PM
He acts and gets treated in exactly the same way on quite a few forums. I've witnessed this on here, Soulseek's forums, KL-Tool's forums, Slyck's forums and R&C's (they still going?). Never worked out if he was a victim, a troll, an elaborate rod of epic proportions or just a mental. Or, perhaps, a heady mixture of them all.
I had always assumed it was hobbes having a larf. I thought everyone assumed the same thing.