PDA

View Full Version : I just saw "Brokeback Mountain". Was the cumshot really necessary?

muchspl3
01-12-2006, 02:48 AM
I didn't need to see white jizz dripping out of gyllenthal's ass.

Proper Bo
01-12-2006, 02:50 AM
you watched it, gheymar

muchspl3
01-12-2006, 02:51 AM
you watched it, gheymar
I wantd to see munich

maebach
01-12-2006, 03:09 AM
why didn't you?

muchspl3
01-12-2006, 03:55 AM
girlfriend

Busyman
01-12-2006, 04:08 AM
girlfriend
Fuck that. I wouldn't see that either way. I remember my gf wanted to see Closer at the theater and I didn't go for that.

No way I'd see Brokeback Mountain.

Funny thing too....I had no idea what the movie was about until my gf was channel surfing and stopped on Logo. She said that was a gay channel but the show that was on didn't look gay. I went to the website and there was Brokeback prominently displayed as a must see movie (among other gayeties).:dry:

muchspl3
01-12-2006, 04:48 AM
lol @ gayeties

Cheese
01-12-2006, 09:09 AM
I heard that if you watch it (the film) you catch gay.

manker
01-12-2006, 09:28 AM
Mate of mine caught aids from watching too much QVC. True story.

S!X
01-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Mate of mine caught aids from watching too much QVC. True story.

:lol: :ph34r:

Barbarossa
01-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Funny thing too....I had no idea what the movie was about until my gf was channel surfing and stopped on Logo. She said that was a gay channel but the show that was on didn't look gay. I went to the website and there was Brokeback prominently displayed as a must see movie (among other gayeties).:dry:

You let your GF channel-surf? :o

What was she searching for - The Farmyard Fetishist channel? :naughty:

sArA
01-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Me and the BF are going to see the movie at the weekend. Anyone got an opinion on it? (other than homophobic bollocks of course)

GepperRankins
01-12-2006, 02:31 PM
i've never heard of it. the name is stupid though

GepperRankins
01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
sounds pretty shit. not enough explosions :dabs:

ziggyjuarez
01-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Gays are destroying the Christian moral fabric of our nation.
Also they duk err durbs!

DorisInsinuate
01-12-2006, 03:17 PM
They also take our jobs, rape our women, and give under-aged children alcohol.

GepperRankins
01-12-2006, 03:20 PM
They also take our jobs, rape our women, and give under-aged children alcohol.
junno :dry:

forgot to ask muchspl. what's wrong? you feel a twitch? :smilie4:

MagicNakor
01-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Me and the BF are going to see the movie at the weekend. Anyone got an opinion on it? (other than homophobic bollocks of course)

You're forgetting where you are sara. ;)

:shuriken:

Mr. Mulder
01-12-2006, 07:08 PM
there's fuck all in the way of kung-fu or helicopters exploding, can't see why anyone would bother with it, cawk or no cawk :unsure:

manker
01-12-2006, 07:22 PM

:shuriken:Yeah, and you've forgotten a comma and a capital letter, book boi.

Je m'excuse, I come over all grammaticaster when someone casts aspersions on the good folk of the lounge. The way I see it is that there is a lot of piss taking that goes on, toward all people who frequent here.

There are a few members of a homosexual persuasion, if they weren't part of the banter then that would be a form of prejudice in itself. They would be on the peripheral, as it were.

I'm not entirely sure whether you and Sara seriously think that there truly are homophobes who write stuff in here but if you were to look a little deeper then you'd realise that it's meant with no more malice than when I call a bloke who happens to like watching Liverpool FC play a 'scouse robbing bar-steward' :)

Guillaume
01-12-2006, 07:26 PM
What kind of a mentalist would want a stolen scouse?

manker
01-12-2006, 07:33 PM
What kind of a mentalist would want a stolen scouse?:glag:

You've been particularly funny since we've outed you as being English :schnauz:

vidcc
01-12-2006, 08:00 PM
girlfriend
Fuck that. I wouldn't see that either way. I remember my gf wanted to see Closer at the theater and I didn't go for that.

Yet I hear you were all up for "Free willie" until you found out it was about a whale http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/armed/explode.gif:schnauz:

GepperRankins
01-12-2006, 08:04 PM
i wouldn't watch this film if it was lesbians. it's a shitty chick flic. nuff said

Snee
01-12-2006, 08:07 PM

Yet I hear you were all up for "Free willie" until you found out it was about a whale http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/armed/explode.gif:schnauz:
Now, if it had been about some sort of farmyard animal, on the other hand...

Gripper
01-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Midnight Cowboy was a good movie,so what if its about homosexual cowboys,damn it's wild country up there and I should imagine the steers put up more of a fight than sheep:D

Snee
01-12-2006, 08:43 PM
For what it's worth: From what little I've heard of it, it's inane in a "the piano" sort of way.

Nothing revolutionary, barring the same-sex thing :dabs:

And anyway, gay cowboys eating pudding and exploring their inner selves or whatever was old hat years ago.

Cheese
01-12-2006, 08:48 PM
And anyway, gay cowboys eating pudding and exploring their inner selves or whatever was old hat years ago.
Exactly, gay cowboy films made to win awards has been the butt of a joke on the Simpsons years back as I recall.

Snee
01-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Got that from southpark, but they prolly did that joke in simpsons as well.

enoughfakefiles
01-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Is this joke in the film.

Main character 1 says "Y'up"

Main character 2 says "Y'ep"

In a cowboy accent of course :schnauz:

Gripper
01-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Y'up

Busyman
01-13-2006, 02:01 AM

Do I have to give her permission?:huh:

What was she searching for - The Farmyard Fetishist channel? :naughty
RIF

Usually channel surfing involves searching for nothing in particular.

Busyman
01-13-2006, 02:06 AM
...then SnnY would have been sexually aroused by it.

manker
01-13-2006, 02:09 AM
I know you are, but what am I?

:no:

I thought you'd got thro' that phase, Busy :dabs:

Cheese
01-13-2006, 02:17 AM
She said that was a gay channel but the show that was on didn't look gay.

What is a show that does "look gay"? Lots of people dressed as the Village People having bum sex whilst carrying poodles and singing cabaret songs?

Busyman
01-13-2006, 02:20 AM
I know you are, but what am I?

:no:

I thought you'd got thro' that phase, Busy :dabs:
Shut it, you doodyhead.

Busyman
01-13-2006, 02:25 AM
She said that was a gay channel but the show that was on didn't look gay.

What is a show that does "look gay"? Lots of people dressed as the Village People having bum sex whilst carrying poodles and singing cabaret songs?
:blink: Of course.

Actually the show was hosted by a straight woman (or who I thought was) and she was talking to a non-butch woman.

However, I come back in and a fella was being interviewed. Gay fellas seem to have this weird try at mimicking woman's speech.

Cheese
01-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Actually the show was hosted by a straight woman (or who I thought washttp://www.hyarbor.it/modules/Forums/images/avatars/gallery/Rod%20Flanders.gif) and she was talking to a non-butch womanhttp://www.hyarbor.it/modules/Forums/images/avatars/gallery/Rod%20Flanders.gif.

However, I come back in and a fella was being interviewed. Gay fellas seem to have this weird try at mimicking woman's speechhttp://www.hyarbor.it/modules/Forums/images/avatars/gallery/Rod%20Flanders.gif.
3 rods in 2 sentences. That's pretty damn economic.

Busyman
01-13-2006, 02:37 AM
Actually the show was hosted by a straight woman (or who I thought washttp://www.hyarbor.it/modules/Forums/images/avatars/gallery/Rod%20Flanders.gif) and she was talking to a non-butch womanhttp://www.hyarbor.it/modules/Forums/images/avatars/gallery/Rod%20Flanders.gif.

However, I come back in and a fella was being interviewed. Gay fellas seem to have this weird try at mimicking woman's speechhttp://www.hyarbor.it/modules/Forums/images/avatars/gallery/Rod%20Flanders.gif.
3 rods in 2 sentences. That's pretty damn economic.
Oh damn you got me. I responded and stuff.:O

Snee
01-13-2006, 03:05 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, but you and your girlfriend with the arse having sex, accompanied by the soothing sounds of cows getting it on emanating from the telly doesn't really do it for me :unsure:

muchspl3
01-13-2006, 04:29 AM
Don't take this the wrong way, but you and your girlfriend with the arse having sex, accompanied by the soothing sounds of cows getting it on emanating from the telly doesn't really do it for me :unsure:
I thought you were more of a scat man.

S!X
01-13-2006, 05:37 AM
http://www.hyarbor.it/modules/Forums/images/avatars/gallery/Rod%20Flanders.gif

MagicNakor
01-13-2006, 06:06 AM
...someone casts aspersions on the good folk of the lounge. The way I see it is that there is a lot of piss taking that goes on, toward all people who frequent here...

I'm barred from partaking. Duly noted.

manker
01-13-2006, 09:54 AM
...someone casts aspersions on the good folk of the lounge. The way I see it is that there is a lot of piss taking that goes on, toward all people who frequent here...

I'm barred from partaking. Duly noted.

:shuriken:I think that's a bit harsh. Has tesco laid down the law.

Canadians, lol :rolleyes:

sArA
01-13-2006, 10:12 AM

:shuriken:Yeah, and you've forgotten a comma and a capital letter, book boi.

Je m'excuse, I come over all grammaticaster when someone casts aspersions on the good folk of the lounge. The way I see it is that there is a lot of piss taking that goes on, toward all people who frequent here.

There are a few members of a homosexual persuasion, if they weren't part of the banter then that would be a form of prejudice in itself. They would be on the peripheral, as it were.

I'm not entirely sure whether you and Sara seriously think that there truly are homophobes who write stuff in here but if you were to look a little deeper then you'd realise that it's meant with no more malice than when I call a bloke who happens to like watching Liverpool FC play a 'scouse robbing bar-steward' :)

Is this a rod manker or were you feeling a little uptight?

Barbarossa
01-13-2006, 10:16 AM

But that means... that means... that means... you let her do the remote! :O

Shame on you! :no:

RIF

Really? How rewarding that must be.

For me, channel surfing involves searching for something of interest to me, through the detritus of shite that is usually broadcast. In your GF's case, probably something involving livestock would have fit the bill... :ermm:

P.S. I too can play the hilarious changing the name on the quotes game... :dabs:

manker
01-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Yeah, and you've forgotten a comma and a capital letter, book boi.

Is this a rod manker or were you feeling a little uptight?
Yeah, it was a rod.

I fucking hate fags.

GepperRankins
01-13-2006, 10:24 AM
fags are gay, lol

sArA
01-13-2006, 10:41 AM
I fucking hate fags.

New Years resolution then? ex smokers are so fecking smug :dry:

manker
01-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Kinda.

Also, after I've just put one out, I really do fucking hate cigarettes.

If Chebus is still not smoking after the Six Nations, I'm also going to give up :ermm:

MagicNakor
01-13-2006, 11:07 AM
I think that's a bit harsh. Has tesco laid down the law.

Canadians, lol :rolleyes:

I'm unsure... I'll have to ask next we have tea.

:cowboy:

Busyman
01-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Don't take this the wrong the way but you CaptainObviously can't read.

Try again.

Stop telling your fantasies and making them someone elses.:lol: :lol:

Busyman
01-13-2006, 02:09 PM

But that means... that means... that means... you let her do the remote! :O

Shame on you! :no:
:huh:

RIF

Really? How rewarding that must be.

For me, channel surfing involves searching for something of interest to me, through the detritus of shite that is usually broadcast. In your GF's case, probably something involving livestock would have fit the bill... :ermm:

P.S. I too can play the hilarious changing the name on the quotes game... :dabs:
Why would she wanna see cows?:huh:

I really didn't change your name too much. I just kinda took 'ross' out of it.:ermm:

Urine: Don't all women have arses.? Well maybe not from what I've seen folks post.

Cheese
01-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but you and your girlfriend with the arse having sex, accompanied by the soothing sounds of cows getting it on emanating from the telly doesn't really do it for me :unsure: Don't take this the wrong the way but you CaptainObviously can't read.

Try again.

Sometimes I think you're like an American version of Lauren Cooper, complete with your own catchphrase that you use constantly. Ad infinitum. Ad nauseum.

But most of the time I'M NOT BOVVERED.

manker
01-13-2006, 02:27 PM
I called Bus Boy 'Captain Obvious', only once, about six months ago - he's been using it several times a day ever since.

Musta liked it, I guess :dabs:

Cheese
01-13-2006, 02:38 PM
I called Bus Boy 'Captain Obvious', only once, about six months ago - he's been using it several times a day ever since.

I like the way he uses it, like a magician distracting you whilst performing magic. In Busyman's case the "CaptainObviously" is an attempt to distract you from seeing there is nothing in the sentence of worth or of truth. The name changing and wordsallwroteuptogether are other examples of this. Kind of like how Jonno would overuse smilies as well, he'd realise there was nothing to his posts so he fill it with "flourishes".

It is a shame though, Captain Obvious used to be a great putdown. Now its overused around here (by one man ffs).

Barbarossa
01-13-2006, 02:41 PM
I really didn't change your name too much. I just kinda took 'ross' out of it.:ermm:

No you didn't. :lol:

RIF. :dabs:

Cheese
01-13-2006, 02:42 PM
No you didn't. :lol:

RIF. :dabs:

Shut it, Barbaa.

Proper Bo
01-13-2006, 02:43 PM
bustychap>captainobvious:snooty:

manker
01-13-2006, 02:50 PM

I like the way he uses it, like a magician distracting you whilst performing magic. In Busyman's case the "CaptainObviously" is an attempt to distract you from seeing there is nothing in the sentence of worth or of truth. The name changing and wordsallwroteuptogether are other examples of this. Kind of like how Jonno would overuse smilies as well, he'd realise there was nothing to his posts so he fill it with "flourishes".

It is a shame though, Captain Obvious used to be a great putdown. Now its overused around here (by one man ffs).I was just gonna say about the smilies, then you edited in the part about Jonno.

The best bit for me is when he laughs at his own posts. Wtf is all that about.

Having said that, altho' I rarely post smilies to depict the event, I do make myself laugh on occasion. Mind, I am a lot funnier than Busyman :smilie4:

Cheese
01-13-2006, 02:55 PM
Having said that, altho' I rarely post smilies to depict the event, I do make myself laugh on occasion. Mind, I am a lot funnier than Busyman :smilie4:
I laugh at my own posts, all of them. Then I will wake up my girlfriend, landlady's dog or neighbour to admire my prose. I keep printouts of the best which I keep on my "Wall of Awfully Neat Quotes" (WANQ for short).

manker
01-13-2006, 03:05 PM
While I haven't, yet, gone so far as having a wanq wall. I do praise the interweb gods for the search function.

If I'd had a particulary arduous morning, I'll often ask someone here to do a quick search for a bit of vintage 2004 manker. They will then arrange the best bits into a screenplay with me as the hero and a 15 year old Canadian as the hapless villan.

After a hearty 20 minute chuckle, I get back to work.

I imagine many people do this with my posts.

Barbarossa
01-13-2006, 03:18 PM
I have a "Threads Which Are Terrible" wall (TWAT for short).

Only the very crappiest threads get printed out and "twatted".

Cheese
01-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I have a "Threads Which Are Terrible" wall (TWAT for short).

Only the very crappiest threads get printed out and "twatted".
Ah, if you'd probably have no need for a WANQ then. I'm thinking of having a WANQ at my girlfriend's house, maybe ask my mum if she wants me to have a WANQ there and see if my local council would like to sponser me to have a public WANQ.

Barbarossa
01-13-2006, 03:27 PM
I doubt there is much crossover from your WANQ to my TWAT, so I might need to have a WANQ too, do you think it's worth it?

It sounds like you can't have too many WANQs.

manker
01-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Barbie,if ever your TWAT needs filling, I have a magnificent rod which would amply furnish even the largest of TWATs.

Proper Bo
01-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Chroist, this is like watching graham norton:dabs:

Cheese
01-13-2006, 03:41 PM
FST WANQ. Sounds painful...:ermm:

manker
01-13-2006, 03:42 PM
You watch Graham Norton, gheymar http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/ghey.gif

Proper Bo
01-13-2006, 03:43 PM
you love the cock

[/arguement]

:01:

hobbes
01-13-2006, 03:48 PM
I laugh at my own posts, all of them. Then I will wake up my girlfriend, landlady's dog or neighbour to admire my prose. I keep printouts of the best which I keep on my "Wall of Awfully Neat Quotes" (WANQ for short).

Sometimes I find weeks have gone by I get so self absorbed.

http://allthingshawaiian.com/lurkah/graphics/narcissus.jpg

But I'm worth it!

Cheese
01-13-2006, 03:58 PM

But I'm worth it!

Narcissus was punished for not liking the bum sex, so that should be a cautionary message for us all. :sage:

Cheese
01-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Anyone notice that "Brokeback Mountain" is an anagram of "I bumknock bandit"?

Proper Bo
01-13-2006, 04:15 PM
teddy sheringham = he'd shag dirty men:snooty:

Cheese
01-13-2006, 04:18 PM
teddy sheringham = he'd shag dirty men:snooty:
There's no apostrophe in Teddy Sheringham* :dabs:

*Though probably there is plenty of cawk.

Proper Bo
01-13-2006, 04:20 PM
there isn't a capital "I" in brokeback mountain :dabs:

Cheese
01-13-2006, 04:24 PM
there isn't a capital "I" in brokeback mountain :dabs:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/Withcheese/brokeback_mountain.jpg

Looks like a capital "I" to me.

***Warning*** The above image may make you gay. Or a cowboy.

Proper Bo
01-13-2006, 04:26 PM
the above image being an advert for a website:dabs:

selfpwnageFTW!1

Cheese
01-13-2006, 04:30 PM
the above image being an advert for a website:dabs:

selfpwnageFTW!1
Excuse me :blink:

:whistle:

Proper Bo
01-13-2006, 04:32 PM
rod?:dabs:

the picture I'm assuming you tried to post wasn't there an an advert for the website you were linking it from replaced it:rolleyes:

Cheese
01-13-2006, 04:33 PM
rod?:dabs:

the picture I'm assuming you tried to post wasn't there an an advert for the website you were linking it from replaced it:rolleyes:

you love the cock

Snee
01-13-2006, 06:49 PM

Try again.

:rolleyes:

I think you'll find that the flip was entirely valid. I'm not the one who's been watching beastial porn with my girlfriend, after all.

But then again, seeing that "non sequitur"-comment you made in the lounge the other day, I s'pose you've got issues with reading and whatnot, so maybe you really don't get these tricky things.

DanB
01-13-2006, 06:54 PM
That Jake whatshisname's other new film Jarhead is quite good though :01:

Mr. Mulder
01-13-2006, 06:59 PM
it seems a bit off, him being in that army film - you wouldn't expect him to be an ‘ard marine type bloke, you'd expect him to fanny about with rabbits and get picked on at skool :unsure:

DanB
01-13-2006, 07:01 PM
For a war film there is surprisingly little war in it

Mr. Mulder
01-13-2006, 07:02 PM
o rly?

thought about seeing it but it looks a bit too american lyke :ermm:

DanB
01-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Rly.

I watched it Tuesday night, thought it was pretty good.

Mr. Mulder
01-13-2006, 07:09 PM
might d/l the dvdscr, but there again, might not :dabs:

Proper Bo
01-13-2006, 07:19 PM
i got it, it was meh, not great, not awful:dabs:

Busyman
01-13-2006, 07:58 PM

Try again.

:rolleyes:

I think you'll find that the flip was entirely valid. I'm not the one who's been watching beastial porn with my girlfriend, after all.

But then again, seeing that "non sequitur"-comment you made in the lounge the other day, I s'pose you've got issues with reading and whatnot, so maybe you really don't get these tricky things.
I wouldn't "non-sequitur" if the comment didn't fit which yours certainly was.

A fellow co-worker of mine downloaded to his work laptop (he's a dumbass) a lady getting a banged by dog. About 8 of us saw it.

So because we all saw it do you have another dumbass comment to make?:rolleyes:

DanB
01-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Did it turn you on?

Busyman
01-13-2006, 08:04 PM

It is a shame though, Captain Obvious used to be a great putdown. Now its overused around here (by one man ffs).
Nah all your writing was for nothing. It's simply used instead of just "obvious". Pretty simple.

That and all the others are used when I feel like it.

I'll let folks like yourself get wrapped up in your own prose and carefully formulated posts.

Maybe you could count my words and/or smilies while your at it.:ermm:

Proper Bo
01-13-2006, 08:05 PM
my posted be fromulated real carfull:01:

Busyman
01-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Did it turn you on?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showpost.php?p=1230463&postcount=3

DanB
01-13-2006, 08:31 PM
Did it turn you on?

that would be a no then :lol:

I think I have seen some stills from that movie :sick:

I really, really can't understand people fucking animals, its not right at all.

manker
01-13-2006, 08:31 PM
:snooty:

DanB
01-13-2006, 08:34 PM
http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/glag.gif

Busyman
01-13-2006, 08:41 PM

that would be a no then :lol:

I think I have seen some stills from that movie :sick:

I really, really can't understand people fucking animals, its not right at all.
I bet the "actors" didn't get paid alot of money for it either. I imagine they normally do that typa thing.:ermm:

I wonder where my friend got that movie? I didn't know that typa movie was at the sectionintheback of the video store.

If he did rent it, I wonder what the cashier thought of him.:lol: :lol:

DanB
01-13-2006, 08:43 PM
That he was some sick mofo no doubt :lol:

GepperRankins
01-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Now I've seen a lady get fucked by a dog but was aight. However, another scene in this "Bizarre" movie was a lady sucking dog's dick (and another sucking a horse's dick) and the dog cuming and the lady letting it go in her mouth and all over her face. You see those 'clips' when the movie is coming on.

:ermm:

Biggles
01-13-2006, 09:00 PM
I haven't seen Lumbago Mountain but it would appear to be getting rave reviews. I am sure it is being touted as a possible Oscar winner.

Busyman
01-13-2006, 09:06 PM
I haven't seen Lumbago Mountain but it would appear to be getting rave reviews. I am sure it is being touted as a possible Oscar winner.
Damn I hope not.

They'll probably give it an Oscar just to make history.:dry:

When are the Oscars anyway?

Cheese
01-13-2006, 09:08 PM
I haven't seen Lumbago Mountain but it would appear to be getting rave reviews. I am sure it is being touted as a possible Oscar winner. Damn I hope not.

Perhaps they will give it an Oscar because they think it is a good film?

Snee
01-13-2006, 09:09 PM

A fellow co-worker of mine downloaded to his work laptop (he's a dumbass) a lady getting a banged by dog. About 8 of us saw it.

Oh,ffs, you were wrong about the logic/grammar/whatever there, with baz's crabs. That comment, and the ones I've made here weren't illogical, but not very serious either.

But, before this escalates or degenerates into another argument, I'll just say I'm sorry. I forgot I wasn't taking the piss out of someone like manker or cheese, who would have taken it the way it was intended.

I made a joke at your expense, sorry. And when you went something like "I know you are but what am I" instead of responding like I would have expected, I did the same thing. I really should have known better.

Lighten up, already.

One question tho', a woman being shagged by a dog was "aight"?:blink:

GepperRankins
01-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Damn I hope not.

ja. like you don't already have them schedueled in your tivo :smilie4:

Busyman
01-13-2006, 09:18 PM

Oh,ffs, you were wrong about the logic/grammar/whatever there, with baz's crabs. That comment, and the ones I've made here weren't illogical, but not very serious either.

But, before this escalates or degenerates into another argument, I'll just say I'm sorry. I forgot I wasn't taking the piss out of someone like manker or cheese, who would have taken it the way it was intended.

I made a joke at your expense, sorry. And when you went something like "I know you are but what am I" instead of responding like I would have expected, I did the same thing. I really should have known better.

Lighten up, already.

One question tho', a woman being shagged by a dog was "aight"?:blink:
Meaning I wasn't about to throw-up and I could deal with it.

It's all sick but the woman sucking dog dick and fella banging the pony triggered the uncontrollable response of yacking.

Don't do the I'm sorry stuff. After all this time I really do know that it is the typa humor you put across. Actually it's all the time.

(plus for the 1st time, I'm actually feeling the Percocets I'm taking)

Busyman
01-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Damn I hope not.

Perhaps they will give it an Oscar because they think it is a good film?
Nah. If it's a good love story, those are a dime-o-dozen. It will because it's a good story and it's gay.:ermm:

Snee
01-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Don't do the I'm sorry stuff. After all this time I really do know that it is the typa humor you put across. Actually it's all the time.

I'd like to think I've got a wider repertioire than that.

Once, I did a pun :01:

Hope whatever it is you need pk's for gets sorted :unsure:

Busyman
01-13-2006, 09:29 PM

I'd like to think I've got a wider repertioire than that.

Once, I did a pun :01:

Hope whatever it is you need pk's for gets sorted :unsure:
ACL reconstrution, left knee.

Had it yesterday.

I haven't been taking my "pks" like I'm supposed to and my gf had me step up my dosage.

I don't like taking painkillers.

Cheese
01-13-2006, 09:30 PM
Perhaps they will give it an Oscar because they think it is a good film? Nah. If it's a good love story, those are a dime-o-dozen. It will because it's a good story and it's gay.:ermm:

So a bit like when Denzel Washington and Halle Berry won Oscars?

GepperRankins
01-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Nah. If it's a good love story, those are a dime-o-dozen. It will because it's a good story and it's gay.:ermm:

no, they were bleck

the whole halle berry thing pissed me right off. it's no achievement for black people in general, bitch

Busyman
01-13-2006, 09:36 PM

They weren't gay.:unsure:

I don't think Halle Berry put up an Oscar winning performance. Denzel did.

Halle was just banged by Billy Bob and the scene had "shock value".

enoughfakefiles
01-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Damn I hope not.

He's proberbly already downloaded the workprint version :smilie4:

GepperRankins
01-13-2006, 09:39 PM

I don't think Halle Berry didn't put up an Oscar winning performance. Denzel did.

Halle was just banged by Billy Bob and the scene had "shock value".
the double negatives caused my brain to become unusable. back in 20 minutes while i restart

Cheese
01-13-2006, 09:39 PM
So a bit like when Denzel Washington and Halle Berry won Oscars? no, they were bleck

They were? Are they not black anymore?:unsure:

They weren't gay? They are gay now?:unsure:

Edit: Pedantic gits.

Biggles
01-13-2006, 09:40 PM
The Oscars have become rather emotional in recent years. Find it a bit hard to take really but perhaps I am just getting grumpy in my old age.

Busyman
01-13-2006, 09:43 PM
no, they were bleck

They were? Are they not black anymore?:unsure:

They weren't gay? They are gay now?:unsure:
I don't know.

Busyman
01-13-2006, 09:44 PM

:lol: :lol:
Good one.

also gotta love the redneck spellin' of "probably".

enoughfakefiles
01-13-2006, 09:45 PM
back in 20 minutes while i restart

Watch out for the Velociraptors dave :rolleyes:

enoughfakefiles
01-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Good one.

:O manker

Busyman
01-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Good one.

:O manker
:angry:

j2k4
01-13-2006, 10:14 PM
I have no interest in seeing Brokeback Mountain but have been paying attention to the media phenomenon it has become.

I have heard that it is basically about two cow-pokes (:lol:...sorry) who discover an irresistable though unintended attraction for each other.

Their relationship ultimately breaks up two families, which events are cinematically depicted with all due attention to the accompanying heartbreak and strife.

The ironic part is, if the protagonists were a male and female pursuing a heterosexual affair, it wouldn't be worth a hum-drum Thursday night TV movie.

Make them gay, add a cum-shot and we are awash in "Oscar" chatter.

A simple-enough formula, I guess...

Busyman
01-13-2006, 10:18 PM
I have no interest in seeing Brokeback Mountain but have been paying attention to the media phenomenon it has become.

I have heard that it is basically about two cow-pokes (:lol:...sorry) who discover an irresistable though unintended attraction for each other.

Their relationship ultimately breaks up two families, which events are cinematically depicted with all due attention to the accompanying heartbreak and strife.

The ironic part is, if the protagonists were a male and female pursuing a heterosexual affair, it wouldn't be worth a hum-drum Thursday night TV movie.

Eggszacklee.:ermm:

GepperRankins
01-13-2006, 10:26 PM
hate to agree with j2 and busyman. but you're right :dabs:

GepperRankins
01-13-2006, 10:27 PM
i mean like really hate to agree, but

j2k4
01-13-2006, 10:34 PM

Don't fret, that's a good sign.

How do you take your baby; rare, or well done? :dry:

Snee
01-13-2006, 10:35 PM

Left out the eating of pudding, but still a good post.

GepperRankins
01-13-2006, 10:38 PM

Don't fret, that's a good sign.

i like to wait 'til it commits a crime before killing it :snooty:

Biggles
01-13-2006, 10:47 PM

Perhaps. :unsure:

Young Hannah McGill of the Glasgow Herald gave it a good review and generally I have found that she has sound judgement on the movie front. So there is a fair chance it is a good movie.

The Oscars could of course go for a family movie like The Chronicles of Narnia (which Hannah also highly recommended) - not sure how Holywood is on family movies these days though.

Busyman
01-13-2006, 10:58 PM

Young Hannah McGill of the Glasgow Herald gave it a good review and generally I have found that she has sound judgement on the movie front. So there is a fair chance it is a good movie.

The Oscars could of course go for a family movie like The Chronicles of Narnia (which Hannah also highly recommended) - not sure how Holywood is on family movies these days though.
Personally I couldn't care what critics think.

I don't really like "heart-warming love stories" so this movie is definitely not one I'd care about.

On a different note, I did like the Chronicles Of Narnia no more than I liked LOTR. It was snazzy with the special effects but was also a snorefest.

Biggles
01-13-2006, 11:03 PM

Personally I couldn't care what critics think.

I don't really like "heart-warming love stories" so this movie is definitely not one I'd care about.

On a different note, I did like the Chronicles Of Narnia no more than I liked LOTR. It was snazzy with the special effects but was also a snorefest.

I would agree about critics - most appear to be more interested in demonstrating how witty they are without regard for either movie or viewer. I like Hannah because she does try to sort the wheat from the chaff and help people find stuff worth watching.

j2k4
01-13-2006, 11:08 PM

That appears to be a can of worms you are fondling, Dave.

Leave it where you found it.

GepperRankins
01-13-2006, 11:12 PM

That appears to be a can of worms you are fondling, Dave.

Leave it where you found it.
hehehehe :happy:

sArA
01-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Went to see this movie on Saturday night. No cumshot :(

I thought it was a really good film, great scenery, cute guys snogging...what more could a girl ask for?

The film imo was able to show that love is love and the sex of those involved is not relevant. I think the guys were portrayed as pretty much straight/bi but that they had to keep their relationship secret for fear of repercussions in red-neck USA particularly at that time. It was nice that neither guy was effeminate or obviously gay (I dislike mincers).

Funny, but the cinema was packed. 2 different camps so to speak... guys in pairs or groups or hetero (appearing) couples.

MagicNakor
01-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Is it recommendable? Most people I've talked to say it is, but might be more of a renter.

Then again, I'd be downloading it once it's available to do so... no cinema around here would play it. :P

sArA
01-16-2006, 03:16 PM
I think that the scenery would be lost on the small screen but the story itself would not be diminished. Highly recommended film though.

manker
01-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Went to see this movie on Saturday night. No cumshot Feck, muchspl (aka Busyman) was rodding :o

You saw it here first, on FST, the first successful merkin rod.

Snee
01-16-2006, 03:21 PM
Btw, are any cumshots ever necessary?

Barbarossa
01-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Btw, are any cumshots ever necessary?

Yes, otherwise male pron stars will spontaneously combust. :unsure:

Snee
01-16-2006, 03:31 PM
That's why god invented lesbians.

Barbarossa
01-16-2006, 04:49 PM
That does kind of make sense. :blink:

j2k4
01-16-2006, 11:17 PM
I think that the scenery would be lost on the small screen but the story itself would not be diminished. Highly recommended film though.

Why, exactly?

And what would your comment (if any) be as to it's Oscar-worthiness? :huh:

Cheese
01-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Why, exactly?

I suppose because you'd be able to see the visuals better on a big screen.

Busyman
01-17-2006, 12:20 AM
Why, exactly?

I suppose because you'd be able to see the visuals better on a big screen.
That's why it's highly recommended?:blink:

Cheese
01-17-2006, 12:35 AM
I suppose because you'd be able to see the visuals better on a big screen. That's why it's highly recommended?:blink:

Yeah, the joke worked better in my head.:(

sArA
01-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Recommended because it is a beautifully understated and superbly acted study of the human condition. It is sensitive to the issues without being syrupy, and is predominantly about love not gratuitous homosexual titlation for the masses.

Better J2k4?

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Recommended because it is a beautifully understated and superbly acted study of the human condition. It is sensitive to the issues without being syrupy, and is predominantly about love not gratuitous homosexual titlation for the masses.

Better J2k4?

Are there any explosions in it? :huh:

Big explosions > Beautifully understated and superbly acted study of the human condition

:dabs:

manker
01-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Since when has male homosexuality titilated the masses.

I mean, really :dabs:

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Certainly not alot since Larry Grayson's Generation Game :dabs:

Busyman
01-17-2006, 11:31 AM

Better J2k4?

Are there any explosions in it? :huh:

Big explosions > Beautifully understated and superbly acted study of the human condition

It's in the thread title, Barbara...so yeah. :ermm:

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 11:39 AM
:D That's not what I meant.

Anyway, Sara said she didn't see any sex-wee at the cinema.

(At least not in the film :sick: )

Busyman
01-17-2006, 12:31 PM
:D That's not what I meant.

Anyway, Sara said she didn't see any sex-wee at the cinema.

(At least not in the film :sick: )
muchpl3 went to the unrated director's special edition cut of the movie at Joe's Feel Good Cinema.

You get to it by going through the special door in the back of Joe's Feel Good Video Store....so I've heard.:ermm:

manker
01-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Ya, I've heard that about muchspl.

He gets through a lot of 'special back doors'.

Busyman
01-17-2006, 12:42 PM
Ya, I've heard that about muchspl.

He gets through a lot of 'special back doors'.
....in Joe's Feel Good..no doubt.

Busyman
01-17-2006, 12:46 PM
I think there was probably a jizz shot in the movie when sara..excuse me, sArA saw it but she just wasn't paying up-close special attention like muchpl3 was.:ermm:

Cheese
01-17-2006, 12:50 PM
she just wasn't paying up-close special attention like muchpl3 was.:ermm:
Don't be mean to your sock puppet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_sock_puppet) account.:no:

manker
01-17-2006, 01:05 PM
I think there was probably a jizz shot in the movie when sara..excuse me, sArA saw it but she just wasn't paying up-close special attention like muchpl3 was.:ermm:You know, I'm thinking they could both be right, Sara and much.

Sara didn't see a jizz shot in the movie she saw in the cinema - because there wasn't one. While muchspl really did see jizz trickling down Gyllenhaal's bare arse on his monitor, because it was the real deal :dabs:

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 01:13 PM
Yes. In which case :-

I didn't need to see white jizz dripping out of gyllenthal's ass.

You probably should have used a sock then. :dabs:

Busyman
01-17-2006, 01:25 PM
I think there was probably a jizz shot in the movie when sara..excuse me, sArA saw it but she just wasn't paying up-close special attention like muchpl3 was.:ermm:You know, I'm thinking they could both be right, Sara and much.

Sara didn't see a jizz shot in the movie she saw in the cinema - because there wasn't one. While muchspl really did see jizz trickling down Gyllenhaal's bare arse on his monitor, because it was the real deal :dabs:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

sArA
01-17-2006, 01:27 PM
manker....oh you can be sooooo tiresome :dry: bored again huh? Go and do some number crunching or suduko or somat....rod rod rod.....don't you get weary sometimes?

Obviously, I was refering to the lack titilation for the homosexual or (curious) masses (such as yourself). I think there are sufficient numbers of people with such proclivities to be considered en masse so to speak. Besides, as it has been marketed as 'explicit' (yeah right) then considering its success in attracting large audiences, one can (rightly or wrongly yeah yeah manker) assume that one of the reasons for high attendance was a possiblility of a bit o gay pron thinly disguised as a mass audience mainstream film. This turns out to be completely unfounded thus lacking in titilation for the masses.......phew....rising to manker's rodding is such an exercise in precision writing it makes me wonder if he is one of those wannabe Drill Sergeant types......

As the movie here is rated 15, perhaps this is why there was no cum shot. I will await the directors cut.

manker
01-17-2006, 01:34 PM
manker....oh you can be sooooo tiresome :dry: bored again huh? Go and do some number crunching or suduko or somat....rod rod rod.....don't you get weary sometimes?

Obviously, I was refering to the lack titilation for the homosexual or (curious) masses (such as yourself). I think there are sufficient numbers of people with such proclivities to be considered en masse so to speak. Besides, as it has been marketed as 'explicit' (yeah right) then considering its success in attracting large audiences, one can (rightly or wrongly yeah yeah manker) assume that one of the reasons for high attendance was a possiblility of a bit o gay pron thinly disguised as a mass audience mainstream film. This turns out to be completely unfounded thus lacking in titilation for the masses.......phew....rising to manker's rodding is such an exercise in precision writing it makes me wonder if he is one of those wannabe Drill Sergeant types......

As the movie here is rated 15, perhaps this is why there was no cum shot. I will await the directors cut.'The masses' traditionally refers to the common people - all of them, like.

What you wrote was pish, but don't let that stop you taking pride in it.

Busyman
01-17-2006, 01:34 PM
I will await the directors cut.
PM muchpl3.

He'll shoot it right to ya.

sArA
01-17-2006, 01:35 PM

As the movie here is rated 15, perhaps this is why there was no cum shot. I will await the directors cut.'The masses' traditionally refers to the common people - all of them, like.

teh bollocks dear...

feckin manker :dry:

manker
01-17-2006, 01:39 PM
'The masses' traditionally refers to the common people - all of them, like.

teh bollocks dear...

feckin manker :dry:Then Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=define%3A+the+masses&btnG=Search) it. I just did to make sure that what I wrote was correct.

If you choose to do likewise, then you'll find that it isn't bollocks, but quite correct.

I wasn't rodding, just passing a comment, you wanna make yourself look like an arse by continuing to insist that what I wrote is bollocks, please don't let me stop you - for I don't mind in the slightest :)

Proper Bo
01-17-2006, 01:49 PM
:handbags:

manker
01-17-2006, 01:53 PM
:schnauz:

Proper Bo
01-17-2006, 01:55 PM
have you done a dave again today, or has postage been achieved?:unsure:

sArA
01-17-2006, 01:56 PM
shut up you bored accountant....

Googling is for the masses....ffs.

I never look an arse because I maintain my dignity.....:snooty:

Besides, I am in the fortunate position of being able to re-interpret anything I like provided that I can justify my re-usage of a concept....My innovative and original use of Denzin's Interpretive Interactionism in research analysis is a case in point. In this case, to take a technique and to re-interpret and re-position its original stance in order to utilise some of its methods whilst rejecting others, was seen as a significant contribution to research methodological theory.....

Therefore, if I want to re-interpret the meaning of 'masses' for the purposes of maintaining my original stance and without having to back down I will do....ner ner ne ner ner :lol:

manker
01-17-2006, 01:58 PM
shut up you bored accountant....

Googling is for the masses....ffs.

I never look an arse because I maintain my dignity.....:snooty:

Besides, I am in the fortunate position of being able to re-interpret anything I like provided that I can justify my re-usage of a concept....My innovative and original use of Denzin's Interpretive Interactionism in research analysis is a case in point. In this case, to take a technique and to re-interpret and re-position its original stance in order to utilise some of its methods whilst rejecting others, was seen as a significant contribution to research methodological theory.....

Therefore, if I want to re-interpret the meaning of 'masses' for the purposes of maintaining my original stance and without having to back down I will do....ner ner ne ner ner :lol::lol:

I shall maintain my original ':schnauz:' position.

manker
01-17-2006, 01:58 PM
have you done a dave again today, or has postage been achieved?:unsure:It's in the postage tray ftw :01:

Proper Bo
01-17-2006, 02:01 PM
have you done a dave again today, or has postage been achieved?:unsure:It's in the postage tray ftw :01:

:lookaroun

ziggyjuarez
01-17-2006, 02:02 PM
What are you sending?

Proper Bo
01-17-2006, 02:03 PM
drugs and money

ziggyjuarez
01-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Gay porn then?
Or gay 24 discS?

sArA
01-17-2006, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=sArA]shut up you bored accountant....

I shall maintain my original ':schnauz:' position.

And what does the chinaman moustache smilie mean according to your interpretation?

Proper Bo
01-17-2006, 02:13 PM
racist:dabs:

ziggyjuarez
01-17-2006, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=manker]

And what does the chinaman moustache smilie mean according to your interpretation?
:O Racist!!!

manker
01-17-2006, 02:18 PM
And what does the chinaman moustache smilie mean according to your interpretation?Why do you think he's a Chinaman :huh:

Proper Bo
01-17-2006, 02:29 PM
cause she's a racialist:dabs:

Barbarossa
01-17-2006, 02:36 PM
And what does the chinaman moustache smilie mean according to your interpretation?Why do you think he's a Chinaman :huh:

slanty eyes, yellow skin, chopsticks and no body hair.

It's so obviously a chinaman. :dabs:

Blythorama
01-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Why do you think he's a Chinaman :huh:

It's an Italian wine waiter with jaundice. Christ....:blink:

Proper Bo
01-17-2006, 02:38 PM
racist:dabs:

sArA
01-17-2006, 02:41 PM
I used it as a descriptive and formally withdraw and apologise for any comment that I may have made that could be regarded as racist in any way....

fecking Martians :dry:

Blythorama
01-17-2006, 02:42 PM

It's an Italian wine waiter with jaundice. Christ....:blink:

Sorry. Its an Italian wine waiter with jaundice, alopecia and downs-syndrome.

What's racist about that?

Yogs
01-17-2006, 03:08 PM

But I'm worth it!:lol:

j2k4
01-17-2006, 09:47 PM

Better J2k4?

Not really.

Love, the "human condition", great acting, cinematography...

I don't have enough fingers and toes (even if I borrow yours) to count the movies I've seen having all of those qualities in spades, but are nonetheless not Oscar-worthy owing to the subject, which, no matter how well-treated or executed, has been done to death.

Add the gay "sub-plot" and voila?

Pish, I say. ;)

DorisInsinuate
01-18-2006, 12:31 AM
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8071/edit44qa.gif

Proper Bo
01-18-2006, 12:34 AM
rolf

DorisInsinuate
01-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Stolen from b3ta, by the way.

Busyman
01-18-2006, 01:01 AM

Afronaut
01-19-2006, 11:51 AM

SPOILER!!!!!

:angry:

Busyman
01-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Well folks....4 Golden Globe Awards.:ermm:

Picture, Drama
Director: Ang Lee
Screenplay: Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana
Original Song: "A Love That Will Never Grow Old," Gustavo Santaolalla and Bernie Taupin

Cheese
01-19-2006, 12:40 PM
I hope Brokeback Mountain wins every Oscar. Even categories it shouldn't really win like Best Actress or Best Animated Short Not Featuring Gay Cowboys. At the end Ang Lee should get his actors to all have a massive gay orgy and Tom Cruise can finally come out of the closet and join in with all the other flaming faggots that Hollywood employs. "Year of the Queer" they'll call it, and all the homophobes will spontaneously combust or (more likely) turn gay themselves. Then there won't be anyone to breed with our women and the human race will become extinct and crash into the sun.

Or "Capote" looks quite good ftw, I always liked his books.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 12:51 PM
I hope Brokeback Mountain wins every Oscar. Even categories it shouldn't really win like Best Actress or Best Animated Short Not Featuring Gay Cowboys. At the end Ang Lee should get his actors to all have a massive gay orgy and Tom Cruise can finally come out of the closet and join in with all the other flaming faggots that Hollywood employs. "Year of the Queer" they'll call it, and all the homophobes will spontaneously combust or (more likely) turn gay themselves. Then there won't be anyone to breed with our women and the human race will become extinct and crash into the sun.

Or "Capote" looks quite good ftw, I always liked his books.
It's a gay love story. It could have been just a love story and it would suck.

After seeing a movies like Million Dollar Baby and Ray, I can't believe this movie being Oscar worthy.:ermm:

Cheese
01-19-2006, 12:56 PM

Or "Capote" looks quite good ftw, I always liked his books. It's a gay love story. It could have been just a love story and it would suck.

After seeing a movies like Million Dollar Baby and Ray, I can't this movie being Oscar worthy.:ermm:
Have you seen Brokeback Mountain then?

I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby yet but I hear it only won an Oscar because of the conspiracy in Hollywood to promote euthanasia.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 01:01 PM
It's a gay love story. It could have been just a love story and it would suck.

After seeing a movies like Million Dollar Baby and Ray, I can't this movie being Oscar worthy.:ermm:

I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby yet but I hear it only won an Oscar because of the conspiracy in Hollywood to promote euthanasia.
Nope haven't seen it.

The euthanasia bit in MDB is near the end. The movie is mostly full of boxing.

It's not about euthanasia.

Cheese
01-19-2006, 01:16 PM

I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby yet but I hear it only won an Oscar because of the conspiracy in Hollywood to promote euthanasia. Nope haven't seen it.

It's a Right To Die movie cleverly disguised as a female Rocky. Least that's what I heard.

I'm not going to watch it to find out for sure though.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Nope haven't seen it.

It's a Right To Die movie cleverly disguised as a female Rocky. Least that's what I heard.

I'm not going to watch it to find out for sure though.
Really? The right-to-die part is at the end.

She's goes through, convincing Clint to train her, there are gym antics, she whips ass, then in her title fight, fucking dirty bitch sucker punches her.

In contrast, Brokeback seems to be a gay love story...and that is what the entire movie is about.;)

Cheese
01-19-2006, 01:38 PM

I'm not going to watch it to find out for sure though. Really? The right-to-die part is at the end.

She's goes through, convincing Clint to train her, there are gym antics, she whips ass, then in her title fight, fucking dirty bitch sucker punches her.

In contrast, Brokeback seems to be a gay love story...and that is what the entire movie is about.;)

Well, until you watch it you won't know for sure what the entire movie is about. Just as I won't know for sure what the hell Million Dollar Baby is about by watching trailers (which are apparently misleading) or reading critics reviews (which are apparently shit).

I'll watch Million Dollar Baby if you'll watch Brokeback Mountain.:ermm:

Cheese
01-19-2006, 01:46 PM

Of course, if you do go to see it you will have to be careful none of your mates see you and think you have caught gay. Similarily I will have to be careful none of my elderly or sick relatives see me renting out Million Dollar Baby and think I am going to mercy-kill them.

manker
01-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Busy has got the best deal because Clint Eastwood was once in a film with 'Fist' in the title.

So your elderly relatives will probably think you're gay and that you're going to euthanize them :dabs:

Busyman
01-19-2006, 01:57 PM
Really? The right-to-die part is at the end.

Well, until you watch it you won't know for sure what the entire movie is about. Just as I won't know for sure what the hell Million Dollar Baby is about by watching trailers (which are apparently misleading) or reading critics reviews (which are apparently shit).

Guess won't be watchin' Million Dollar Baby then.:P

I'll probably watch BBM eventually on cable one day but it will only because of hype.

Do you normally watch love stories?

One can go to imdb.com to find out what an entire movie is about. I bet that BBM sans the gay part doesn't even sound interesting to the average joe.

Imagine a love story set on a ranch in the 60's between a man and a woman.
Hot shit.:ermm:

Now instead shoot in forbidden male gay love. Mind you, if it was women, the hoopla would have been just as small.

Had MDB's Hilary Swank gotten better and walked out that hospital, I would have still loved the movie.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM

Of course, if you do go to see it you will have to be careful none of your mates see you and think you have caught gay. Similarily I will have to be careful none of my elderly or sick relatives see me renting out Million Dollar Baby and think I am going to mercy-kill them.
Tbh, they would think it odd I went to watch any love story.

It's a cultural thing I guess.

Ya see, me and the fellas don't hit the movies to see romantic dramas. :dabs:

Busyman
01-19-2006, 02:01 PM
Busy has got the best deal because Clint Eastwood was once in a film with 'Fist' in the title.

So your elderly relatives will probably think you're gay and that you're going to euthanize them :dabs:
Now that's got me really LingOL!

Cheese
01-19-2006, 02:46 PM

Imagine Romeo and Juliet without the families warring. Imagine North and South without the class conflict of the two central characters. Imagine Guess Who's Coming To Dinner where a white woman brings a white man home. Seems stupid to take the element of conflict that the writer or director is trying to tell their story against, you wouldn't take out the scenery.

Cheese
01-19-2006, 02:49 PM
One can go to imdb.com to find out what an entire movie is about.

Seriously, I hope that is a rod. You need to watch a movie before you can attempt to know what it is about, not read the reviews of a bunch of thirteen year olds.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 02:51 PM

Seriously, I hope that is a rod. You need to watch a movie before you can attempt to know what it is about, not read the reviews of a bunch of thirteen year olds.
The movie synopsis? :huh:

Cheese
01-19-2006, 02:52 PM

Does porn count?

Busyman
01-19-2006, 02:53 PM

Imagine Romeo and Juliet without the families warring. Imagine North and South without the class conflict of the two central characters. Imagine Guess Who's Coming To Dinner where a white woman brings a white man home. Seems stupid to take the element of conflict that the writer or director is trying to tell their story against, you wouldn't take out the scenery.
Ahhh...so what's the conflict in BBM?

I know what it is and that's what the movie is about.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 02:54 PM

Does porn count?
No. Plus I'm referring to longer than 5 minutes.

Cheese
01-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Seriously, I hope that is a rod. You need to watch a movie before you can attempt to know what it is about, not read the reviews of a bunch of thirteen year olds. The movie synopsis? :huh:
Where's that on IMDB? There's a plot summary, which I've spoilered below so as not to spoil the film for all the people who want to watch it with all the details it reveals.

Plot Summary for
Brokeback Mountain (2005 (http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Years/2005))

A raw, powerful story of two young men, a Wyoming ranch hand and a rodeo cowboy, who meet in the summer of 1963 sheepherding in the harsh, high grasslands of contemporary Wyoming and form an unorthodox yet life-long bond--by turns ecstatic, bitter and conflicted.

Summary written by Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana (http://www.imdb.com/SearchPlotWriters?Larry%20McMurtry%20and%20Diana%20Ossana)
The new film from Academy Award-nominated director Ang Lee (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000487/). An epic love story set against the sweeping vistas of Wyoming and Texas, Brokeback Mountain tells the story of two young men - a ranch-hand and a rodeo cowboy - who meet in the summer of 1963, and unexpectedly forge a lifelong connection, one whose complications, joys and tragedies provide a testament to the endurance and power of love.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 02:57 PM
The movie synopsis? :huh:
Where's that on IMDB? There's a plot summary, which I've spoilered below so as not to spoil the film with all the details it reveals.

Plot Summary for
Brokeback Mountain (2005 (http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Years/2005))

A raw, powerful story of two young men, a Wyoming ranch hand and a rodeo cowboy, who meet in the summer of 1963 sheepherding in the harsh, high grasslands of contemporary Wyoming and form an unorthodox yet life-long bond--by turns ecstatic, bitter and conflicted.

Summary written by Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana (http://www.imdb.com/SearchPlotWriters?Larry%20McMurtry%20and%20Diana%20Ossana)
The new film from Academy Award-nominated director Ang Lee (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000487/). An epic love story set against the sweeping vistas of Wyoming and Texas, Brokeback Mountain tells the story of two young men - a ranch-hand and a rodeo cowboy - who meet in the summer of 1963, and unexpectedly forge a lifelong connection, one whose complications, joys and tragedies provide a testament to the endurance and power of love.

You just spoilered it. :dabs:

Cheese
01-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Fixed.

Interestingly, the Million Dollar Baby "synopsis" makes no reference to the murder sub-plot.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Fixed.

Interestingly, the Million Dollar Baby "synopsis" makes no reference to the murder sub-plot.
Funny enough, that ain't what the movie is about.

Mind you I hadn't read either synopsis 'till you posted BBM's

Cheese
01-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Fixed.

Interestingly, the Million Dollar Baby "synopsis" makes no reference to the murder sub-plot. Funny enough, that ain't what the movie is about.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Funny enough, that ain't what the movie is about.

From imdb...

Yet, they both face a battle that will demand more heart and courage than any they've ever known.

So it has to give away everything?:dry:

Cheese
01-19-2006, 03:21 PM
:ermm: From imdb...

Yet, they both face a battle that will demand more heart and courage than any they've ever known.

That was my point originally, with reference to BBM:

Well, until you watch it you won't know for sure what the entire movie is about.

:blink:

Cheese
01-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Anyhow, there is a version on Torrentspy: http://ts.searching.com/torrent/515984/Brokeback_Mountain_LiMiTED_DVDSCR_XviD_DoNE

And, as we were discussing it, a version came up on Torrentbytes: http://www.torrentbytes.net/details.php?id=13495

I'll post a NZB as soon as one comes up.

No excuses now, you have the spare time. I'm going to find a copy of Million Dollar Baby.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 03:26 PM
:ermm: From imdb...

That was my point originally, with reference to BBM:

Well, until you watch it you won't know for sure what the entire movie is about.

:blink:
You are fishing and nit-picking.

If the plot summary doesn't say that one of the cowboys (when he was younger) gets buttfucked by his uncle in a flashback, that doesn't make it what the movie is about.

People can find out what a movie is about without seeing it.:dry:

Busyman
01-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Anyhow, there is a version on Torrentspy: http://ts.searching.com/torrent/515984/Brokeback_Mountain_LiMiTED_DVDSCR_XviD_DoNE

And, as we were discussing it, a version came up on Torrentbytes: http://www.torrentbytes.net/details.php?id=13495

I'll post a NZB as soon as one comes up.

No excuses now, you have the spare time. I'm going to find a copy of Million Dollar Baby.
I don't have Bittorent on this computer.

Furthermore, I know what the movie is about just like you know what MDB is about.

Because you know what it's about you can decide whether the subject matter interests you or not.

A gay cowboy love story doesn't interest me.

If a female Rocky story interests you, go for it.

Cheese
01-19-2006, 03:31 PM

But can they form a valid opinion on whether it deserves to win an Oscar just by believing they know what it is about?

Cheese
01-19-2006, 03:33 PM
A gay cowboy love story does interest me.

Cool, I'll see if I can find a Kazaa verified for you.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 03:37 PM

But can they form a valid opinion on whether it deserves to win an Oscar just by believing they know what it is about?
That's up to them.

Opinions and all o that

manker
01-19-2006, 03:47 PM
You are fishing and nit-picking.Yeah, Chebus.

Would you quit with the valid points and crushing counter arguments.

Busy's got a bad leg and all.

Barbarossa
01-19-2006, 03:50 PM

Yeah, and just in case anyone was likely to forget, he keeps bumping this thread (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?p=1239697) :gunsmilie

Busyman
01-19-2006, 03:50 PM

Yeah cut that shit out.

Movie synopses don't tell what a movie is about. :dabs:

manker
01-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Noice pluralisation :happy:

Cheese
01-19-2006, 03:58 PM
But can they form a valid opinion on whether it deserves to win an Oscar just by believing they know what it is about? That's up to them.

Opinions and all o that
Of course, but could they construct a sound argument against a film receiving an Oscar based on what they have heard about it from secondary sources? Do they look just a tad foolish making comments like "I can't believe this movie being Oscar worthy.:ermm:" when they have no idea what the artistic content of the film is but rather just a vague notion of what it is about.

Sure, anyone can say they don't like the sound of a film, I do it all the time. I don't like the sound of MDB but until I see it I won't be commenting on its Oscar worthiness. And here's the shocker, I don't like the sound of Brokeback Mountain either. Cowboys? Mountains? 1960's? Gays? Fuck that, I want to watch people get blown away (in a 24 sense, obviously). But until I watch it (if ever), I'll hold my tongue as to its quality. For all I know it could be the greatest story ever told (ha!).

Hell, if I watched it I might end up agreeing with the idea that it is only winning awards because Hollywood is having a "Year of the Queer". But that won't be until I watch it...ugh.

Busyman
01-19-2006, 04:07 PM
That's up to them.

Opinions and all o that
Of course, but could they construct a sound argument against a film receiving an Oscar based on what they have heard about it from secondary sources? Do they look just a tad foolish making comments like "I can't believe this movie being Oscar worthy.:ermm:" when they have no idea what the artistic content of the film is but rather just a vague notion of what it is about.

Sure, anyone can say they don't like the sound of a film, I do it all the time. I don't like the sound of MDB but until I see it I won't be commenting on its Oscar worthiness. And here's the shocker, I don't like the sound of Brokeback Mountain either. Cowboys? Mountains? 1960's? Gays? Fuck that, I want to watch people get blown away (in a 24 sense, obviously). But until I watch it (if ever), I'll hold my tongue as to its quality. For all I know it could be the greatest story ever told (ha!).

Hell, if I watched it I might end up agreeing with the idea that it is only winning awards because Hollywood is having a "Year of the Queer". But that won't be until I watch it...ugh.
Ok looky here see.....

The basic subject matter of BBM make it so it can't be Oscar worthy to me...and when I say that, I mean Best Picture.

The individual acting performances may be great...:mellow:

Busyman
01-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Noice pluralisation :happy:
My bad.:happy: Corrected.

Cheese
01-19-2006, 04:14 PM
The basic subject matter of BBM make it so it can't be Oscar worthy to me...and when I say that, I mean Best Picture.

The basic subject matter to you is? Love? Homosexuality?

muchspl3
01-20-2006, 03:06 AM
how the hell did this get to 6 pages

Busyman
01-20-2006, 04:13 AM
Busyman and friends.

Gripper
01-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Spam

manker
01-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Busyman and friends.
Rod :dry:

sArA
01-20-2006, 12:55 PM
Busyman and friends.

Who's Rod? :unsure:

Proper Bo
01-20-2006, 01:09 PM

Who's Rod? :unsure:

rodoff, rodnoob:snooty:

ziggyjuarez
01-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Downloaded it.Might watch it l8ER.I hope no guys kiss :x

Gripper
01-22-2006, 08:08 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :naughty: No wanking to the sex scenes

Busyman
01-22-2006, 09:28 PM

sArA
01-22-2006, 10:02 PM

Of course they kiss, a full on mouth to mouth passionate rough and ready snog.......:naughty:

Busyman
01-22-2006, 10:05 PM

Of course they kiss, a full on mouth to mouth passionate rough and ready snog.......:naughty:
I think I'll skip the hype and forget this movie for the time being.

Seeing men kiss makes me yack.:sick:

manker
01-22-2006, 10:06 PM

Seeing men kiss makes me jack.:sick::smilie4:

enoughfakefiles
01-22-2006, 10:09 PM

:O

Busyman
01-22-2006, 10:13 PM