PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Foreigners Say NFL Football Is Gay?

Busyman
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
:unsure:

twisterX
01-13-2006, 11:03 PM
cause it is. I dont see the point to get the ball over there and being tackled and shit like that.

You have to stop like every 20 seconds for another play. Its just so gay.

Snee
01-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Mostly to take the piss, I think.

It's a bit like rugby, tho', but with protection.

So maybe it's gay 'cos they've got helmets n' stuff, which would make them wusses compared to rugby players, from a certain type of person's point of view :unsure:

Or it's the toit pants.

I dunno', not interested in the game anyhow.

Biggles
01-13-2006, 11:06 PM
It is a tad dull - at least the TV version with Lord knows how many breaks is. The live Saturday version presumably has more continuous action and plays like a real game. (The version we never see)

Biggles
01-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Mostly to take the piss, I think.

It's a bit like rugby, tho', but with protection.

So maybe it's gay 'cos they've got helmets n' stuff, which would make them wusses compared to rugby players, from a certain type of person's point of view :unsure:

Or it's the toit pants.

I dunno', not interested in the game anyhow.

They are a bit 1920s

twisterX
01-13-2006, 11:08 PM
:lol:

manker
01-13-2006, 11:13 PM
SnnY is right, it's to take the pish. Merkins are so protective about their sports that no-one else plays and it's fun to watch them react.

Actually, I quite enjoy watching it - not live, obviousement - but the highlight shows are pretty good and the whole Superbowl competition format is exciting.

GepperRankins
01-13-2006, 11:13 PM
noobs in spandex hugging eacother. not gay at all

{I}{K}{E}
01-13-2006, 11:20 PM
noobs in spandex hugging eacother. not gay at all

:lol:

JPaul
01-13-2006, 11:21 PM
I like American Football. I have gone to watch the Gridiron live on several occasions, albeit only the NFL Europe. I saw the Claymores several times the year they won the World (Europe) Bowl.

I used to like it a lot and watched it on telly whenever it was on. I had a Superbowl party every year, with the drinking of buds and the eating of cheeseburgers and hotdogs.

I just don't watch it as much now.

Busyman
01-13-2006, 11:36 PM
SnnY is right, it's to take the pish. Merkins are so protective about their sports that no-one else plays and it's fun to watch them react.

Actually, I quite enjoy watching it - not live, obviousement - but the highlight shows are pretty good and the whole Superbowl competition format is exciting.
That's the same way some Americans feel about Baseball. It sucks during the regular season but they watch the playoffs.

Even American's don't actually like the stops and starts but I do realize that NFL has to have it to set up plays. To watch a play like a counter tray, or HB option being pulled off is just amazing.

America is so large that I guess whether other countries play it probably doesn't matter alot.

Snee
01-13-2006, 11:39 PM
America is so large that I guess whether other countries play it probably doesn't matter alot.
Busyrod?:unsure:

Busyman
01-13-2006, 11:42 PM
It is a tad dull - at least the TV version with Lord knows how many breaks is. The live Saturday version presumably has more continuous action and plays like a real game. (The version we never see)
What's the "live Saturday version"?

Also tell me, does cricket have breaks?

Does a person watching soccer ever get up to do something else while the game is on?

When me and wifey hit a commerical during football, that's our chance to take a piss, get food or drink, or whateverfuck without missing any action.

Cheese
01-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Does a person watching soccer ever get up to do something else while the game is on?

Yes.

If someone gets up to take a piss then a goal will be scored. It's like a law of nature or something. My weak bladder has helped many a team to victory.

Busyman
cause it is. I dont see the point to get the ball over there and being tackled and shit like that.

You have to stop like every 20 seconds for another play. Its just so gay.
So basically you don't know the rules?

manker
Does a person watching soccer ever get up to do something else while the game is on?No way - are you mental :blink:

The footie is on.

Biggles
01-13-2006, 11:46 PM

When me and wifey hit a commerical during football, that's our chance to take a piss, get food or drink, or whateverfuck without missing any action.

I meant just ordinary local matches.

Cricket obviously breaks for lunch, afternoon tea and evening meals. It would be a bit harsh to make them play the 30 hours non stop :lol:

Football and Rugby have half time and that is the time to go to the loo or get more beer. The rest is played straight through unless there is a serious injury and they have to cart someone off.

Busyman
01-13-2006, 11:47 PM

Yes. If someone gets up to take a piss then a goal will be scored. It's like a law of nature or something.
That's exactly what I was thinking.:lol: :lol:

I was watching my Redskins play Tampa Bay and went to take a piss and the game came back on and we got an interception. :dog: Run-On :dog:

:angry:

Busyman
01-13-2006, 11:48 PM

Cricket obviously breaks for lunch, afternoon tea and evening meals. It would be a bit harsh to make them play the 30 hours non stop :lol:

Football and Rugby have half time and that is the time to go to the loo or get more beer. The rest is played straight through unless there is a serious injury and they have to cart someone off.
...or someone fakes an injury.
:ph34r:

ziggyjuarez
01-13-2006, 11:51 PM
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/433/jhf0kq.jpg

Biggles
01-13-2006, 11:53 PM

...or someone fakes an injury.
:ph34r:

In football almost a certainty - in Rugby rarely - too busy trying to punch the other guys lights out.

Snee
01-13-2006, 11:54 PM
5% of the world's population.

Busyman
It would be interesting to see a "hard hitting linebacker hailing from....England.":lol:

Chewie
http://www.sportsdignity.com/0125.jpg

Busyman
01-13-2006, 11:55 PM
:lol: :lol: Caught!!!

Cheese
01-13-2006, 11:57 PM
To be fair, soccer can be pretty gay as well.

http://media.funny.co.uk/files/2752.jpg

Americans might recognise the "grabber" as Vinnie Jones. Actor in such films as Gone in 60 Seconds and the upcoming X-Men 3.

ziggyjuarez
01-13-2006, 11:57 PM
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/433/jhf0k.jpg
It would be interesting to see a "hard hitting linebacker hailing from....England.":lol:
where do you think white people come from?:huh:

Biggles
01-13-2006, 11:59 PM

Although there is a difference between a loving pat and a full circumcision

Busyman
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
:huh:

So Joe Namath's from Engerland?

Chewie
01-14-2006, 12:01 AM

Well, yeah, but the look on Vinny's face indicates it's not exactly friendly.
My god, the shorts were short in those days.

Snee
01-14-2006, 12:01 AM
http://www.socceraddicts.com/Funny%20Pictures/4.jpghttp://www.socceraddicts.com/Funny%20Pictures/2.jpg http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/soccernutsowned.jpg
:pinch:

Was looking for something else, but this is football for you :pinch:

ziggyjuarez
01-14-2006, 12:03 AM

yep

manker
01-14-2006, 12:04 AM
It would be interesting to see a "hard hitting linebacker hailing from....England.":lol:If it was a rugby player, since England don't tend to have a lot of linebackers, he'd be a lot fitter than the hard hitting line backer from the NFL.

Fact.

Biggles
01-14-2006, 12:05 AM

As much as many seem forget. The white Americans are Europeans who have simply spread their wings.

Busyman
01-14-2006, 12:05 AM
http://www.socceraddicts.com/Funny%20Pictures/4.jpghttp://www.socceraddicts.com/Funny%20Pictures/2.jpg http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/soccernutsowned.jpg
:pinch:

Was looking for something else, but this is football for you :pinch:
:lol: :lol: The first 2 are ball jarring. The last is ball stamping.

Busyman
01-14-2006, 12:08 AM
It would be interesting to see a "hard hitting linebacker hailing from....England.":lol:If it was a rugby player, since England don't tend to have a lot of linebackers, he'd be a lot fitter than the hard hitting line backer from the NFL.

Fact.
Ehhh that depends on whether he's a fat-fuck linebacker or a super fast one like Simeon Rice from Tampa Bay.

NFL is about speed AND size.

The Redskins happen to have a free safety named Sean Taylor (the spitter) who is 250+ lbs.

I think what you are referring to when you say fit is endurance.

In the NFL you have to basically sprint your hardest for that play.

manker
01-14-2006, 12:12 AM
If it was a rugby player, since England don't tend to have a lot of linebackers, he'd be a lot fitter than the hard hitting line backer from the NFL.

Fact.
Ehhh that depends on whether he's a fat-fuck linebacker or a super fast one like Simeon Rice from Tampa Bay.

NFL is about speed AND size.Tho' fitness isn't necessary.

You put any linebacker in a game of rugby at, say, flanker, and he would be absolutely fecked after about fifteen minutes. They're not used to constant running and simply haven't been trained to the level of fitness needed to play rugby.

Put any top level flanker as linebacker in a game of American football and he would hardly break sweat.

That is undisputable.

Busyman
01-14-2006, 12:14 AM

NFL is about speed AND size.Tho' fitness isn't necessary.

You put any linebacker in a game of rugby at, say, flanker, and he would be absolutely fecked after about fifteen minutes. They're not used to constant running and simply haven't been trained to the level of fitness needed to play rugby.

Put any top level flanker as linebacker in a game of American football and he would hardly break sweat.

That is undisputable.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Take a look at my edit. You were posting at the same time.

That top level flanker will probably get ran over though.:happy:

manker
01-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Oh yeah :lol:

Don't reckon the flanker would get run over - his mobility and tackling skills would pwn a fat bloke. Google a pic of Lawrence Dallaglio, he's a right big, fit horrible bar-steward of a back row forward.

He is also a git but you did ask specifically for an English linebacker. The Welsh back row would, obviously, steamroll the whole NFL - with or without English rugby players in their ranks :snooty:

Busyman
01-14-2006, 12:35 AM

Don't reckon the flanker would get run over - his mobility and tackling skills would pwn a fat bloke. Google a pic of Lawrence Dallaglio, he's a right big, fit horrible bar-steward of a back row forward.

He is also a git but you did ask specifically for an English linebacker. The Welsh back row would, obviously, steamroll the whole NFL - with or without English rugby players in their ranks :snooty:
All our linebackers aren't fat fucks though. Some of them like the center have to be big fat fucks.

An example would be the defensive line. They have to be mobile and fast 'cause they're going after the QB. The offensive line need not be fast at all. They don't have to run after anyone; just protect the QB.

This is partly why interception are very dangerous. Offense has to suddenly become defense and they are out of their roles, so to speak.

twisterX
01-14-2006, 01:21 AM
jiggy!! :)

Proper Bo
01-14-2006, 03:58 PM
rugby>merkinball

fact:snooty:

furthermore;

english rugby>welsh rugby

fact:snooty:

JPaul
01-14-2006, 09:08 PM

Who's that new Englander player with the neck that's about 18 inches (diameter). Can bench press an average American, you know the lad.

manker
01-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Andrew Sheridan, but he's a prop. Also a git, obviousement.

Gethin Jenkins kept him out of the Lions team :snooty:

JPaul
01-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Andrew Sheridan, but he's a prop. Also a git, obviousement.

Gethin Jenkins kept him out of the Lions team :snooty:
Thanks for that.

Do you think either would be fit enough to run three or four yards, have a (minimum) 30 seconds break and then do it again. Doing that for roughly half of a game, lasting 1 hour.

I might be with Busboy on this one.

manker
01-14-2006, 09:21 PM
I can see your thinking :schnauz:

Since no real brains are required, just strength and speed, I'd like to see wrastlers in t'NFL. Then we'd see some tough tackling.

Also, it might add a bit of razzamatazz to American Football.

American sport as a whole just doesn't have enough razzamatazz :smilie4:

Busyman
01-14-2006, 09:26 PM

Since no real brains are required, just strength and speed, I'd like to see wrastlers in t'NFL. Then we'd see some tough tackling.

It actually has too much.

That's why we got our asses kicked in the Olympics by like every foreign country at basketball. That and whoever picked the team forgot to put jump shooters on the roster.

We had razzamatazz but they won.:ermm:

JPaul
01-14-2006, 09:29 PM

XFL rod, that's a bit from the left field, you are to be congratulated.

Don't think anyone is fucking stupid enough to fall for the razzamatazz one tho'.

enoughfakefiles
01-14-2006, 09:33 PM

Don't think anyone is fucking stupid enough to fall for the razzamatazz one tho'.

Wasn't this a programme with mike reid :01:

manker
01-14-2006, 09:35 PM

Don't think anyone is fucking stupid enough to fall for the razzamatazz one tho'.I can't reply to Busy 'cause I'm laughing too much.

JPaul
01-14-2006, 09:44 PM

Eastenders :blink:

enoughfakefiles
01-14-2006, 09:46 PM

Yes but also razzamatazz :unsure:

JPaul
01-14-2006, 09:49 PM

Yes but also razzamatazz :unsure:
Mike Reid :blink:

enoughfakefiles
01-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Yes :lookaroun

JPaul
01-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Yes :lookaroun
The Mike Reid.:unsure:

enoughfakefiles
01-14-2006, 10:16 PM
The one who used to have the dodgy sideboards :unsure:

JPaul
01-14-2006, 10:18 PM
The one who used to have the dodgy sideboards :unsure:
Off the telly.:blink:

That Mike Reid

enoughfakefiles
01-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Sorry my bad the show was called runarond. Who the feck did razamatazz :blink:

JPaul
01-14-2006, 10:31 PM
http://imcelebrity.gonna.co.uk/pics/mikereid1.jpg

enoughfakefiles
01-14-2006, 10:33 PM
http://imcelebrity.gonna.co.uk/pics/mikereid1.jpg

Was it with this women :unsure:

http://www.dedicate.co.uk/in-circulation/lisa_sta.jpg

JPaul
01-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah, Mike Reid and Lisa Stanfield.

JPaul
01-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Well actually it was a chap called Alistair Pirrie who was with her.

manker
01-14-2006, 10:41 PM
I thought effy meant Tizwas and was thinking of Chris Tarrant or Bob Carolgees.

Who knows, tho' :unsure:

JPaul
01-14-2006, 11:30 PM
I thought effy meant Tizwas and was thinking of Chris Tarrant or Bob Carolgees.

Who knows, tho' :unsure:
:sleep1:

V Poor, V Poor indeed.

manker
01-14-2006, 11:33 PM
No, rly.

Tizwas sounds a bit like a made up thing (cos it is), razzamatazz also sounds like a made up thing.

Plus there is the tiz/taz correlation :dabs:

JPaul
01-14-2006, 11:41 PM
No, rly.

Tizwas sounds a bit like a made up thing (cos it is), razzamatazz also sounds like a made up thing.

Plus there is the tiz/taz correlation :dabs:
Oh give it up, zed boy.

5 de-merits for the re-try.

manker
01-14-2006, 11:45 PM
It's a good job I'm doing the scoring.

Else you'd get away with allsorts, Basset boi.

JPaul
01-14-2006, 11:51 PM
It's a good job I'm doing the scoring.

Else you'd get away with allsorts, Basset boi.
Well you are the number guy.

manker
01-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Last night you said I wasn't.

However, if the cap fits :happy:

JPaul
01-15-2006, 12:00 AM

Rly, quand.

-1 for the hat fits pish.

manker
01-15-2006, 12:04 AM

Rly, quand.

-1 for the hat fits pish.You were regaling the forum with how accountants just sign stuff and don't actually do anything of substance, since that was left to minimum wage peons.

However, this has nothing to do with me cause I'm un clerque du banque.

Snee
01-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Why do gheys say NFL Fussball is hawt? :unsure:

JPaul
01-15-2006, 12:30 AM
Rly, quand.

-1 for the hat fits pish.You were regaling the forum with how accountants just sign stuff and don't actually do anything of substance, since that was left to minimum wage peons.

Oh right, thanks awfully for that.

manker
01-15-2006, 12:34 AM
My pleasure is your leisure.

JPaul
01-15-2006, 12:49 AM
My pleasure is your leisure.
That's just mad talk.

My leisure is drinking apple and posting pish on the interweb.

Oh and being a kept man, that's good too.

manker
01-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Yup, mad talk.

I would post that pic of Lara hitting the ball right out of Sabina Park (at least that's where I think it is) but I'm downloading Battlestar Galactica to watch in bed and am rather limited, bandwidth wise.

I trust you understand my negligee.

hobbes
01-15-2006, 05:08 AM
I like 100 yard interceptions returned to the one, but I like the guy who flattened him at the one even better.

When will the lessons of Leon Lett ever be learned?

Busyman
01-15-2006, 05:14 AM
I like 100 yard interceptions returned to the one, but I like the guy who flattened him at the one even better.

I was laughing my ass off!!:lol: :lol:

What an idiot.

I would have laughed harder if it was a turnover on the challenge.

I bet Champ needed sideline oxygen after that one.:mellow:

hobbes
01-15-2006, 05:22 AM

I was laughing my ass off!!:lol: :lol:

What an idiot.

I would have laughed harder if it was a turnover on the challenge.

I bet Champ needed sideline oxygen after that one.:mellow:

Should have been a turnover on principle alone, just to make a football point.

That overhead shot showing the guy track him down all the way from the line of scrimmage was quality. He almost bagged a Zebra on the way, as well.

On the live shot, he came from absolutely out of nowhere, even the accompanying blockers didn't see him.