PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars Factions

abu_has_the_power
01-14-2006, 12:12 AM
Newest addon to Guild Wars.

Global Free-For-All PvP Weekend Event to take place from Jan 20 to 22.

All gamers are invited to join the event, whether they are a Guild Wars account holder or not. One regional key will be distributed for each of the American and European regions. This means that there's no need to worry about having a separate key for yourself and each friend who wants to play; all players from America will use a single key and all players from Europe will use another single key. The keys will be distributed via the official website, but you're also free to share with friends via email.

the key's are on guildwars.com right now

when is the official guild wars factions being released? will it be a free addition? :blink:

eli2k
01-20-2006, 12:16 AM
No, must buy the new expansion, which is how they're making money by not charging for monthly subscription fees.

Damnatory
01-20-2006, 06:22 PM
I played that game for like 3 months... After you've made a few lvl 20 chars, it just gets boring. I was able to sell all my gold for like $50 on eBay, then my account for more than I payed for it retail, so thats a plus!

I just wish it had more of a "replay value", maybe I just started playing too early. They were still basically in a fully live Beta back then...

I wonder if my guild is still around? :unsure:

abu_has_the_power
01-21-2006, 03:51 AM
eventually i'm gonna sell this game for sure. i paid $30 for it. i'll prob be able to get it back

Adster
01-21-2006, 01:48 PM
i paid $90 for mine 2 weeks ago got it on speical 25% off new expansion? so can you jsut dl that expansion? ive got my account

abu_has_the_power
01-21-2006, 02:32 PM
the expansion costs extra when it comes out

right now is the "preview" pvp weekend where u can play as preset assassin/rituralist

Adster
01-21-2006, 11:36 PM
great so you get a different serial key for the expansion so basically the expansion is just more characters added you can use

abu_has_the_power
01-22-2006, 01:53 AM
yea, it's kinda gay

Snee
01-22-2006, 09:16 PM
great so you get a different serial key for the expansion so basically the expansion is just more characters added you can use
The full expansion has large new areas and a new story as well as the two new slots, what you got this weekend was just a look at the new classes and some other pvp stuff, and the chars are still in the beta stage it seems.

They also added that new gate to the uw and those new green items in the uw, but that will still be there after the event is over, so it isn't really a part of factions.

This weekend might be intended as a pre-factions server stress test, in part. Allegedly they had an event a bit like this before they added sf, to make sure the servers could handle the flood of people logging on to check out sf when it came.

GepperRankins
01-23-2006, 02:37 PM
anyone else having trouble connecting?

Adster
01-25-2006, 09:49 AM
well im a idiot I was better off waiting 3 extra weeks and could have bought the expansion

Busyman
01-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Is this hack n' slash or poof turn based combat?:ermm:

Adster
01-25-2006, 12:43 PM
umm not so turned based like final fantasy its pretty much hack and slash in real time

Busyman
01-25-2006, 01:05 PM
umm not so turned based like final fantasy its pretty much hack and slash in real time
Oh I gotta check that out then.:D

abu_has_the_power
01-25-2006, 01:13 PM
it's very much like diablo and FF-XI. u don't have to enter a separate "thingy" when u fight. you can still run around and stuff. everyone in your party can attack at the same time. no turns

GepperRankins
01-25-2006, 05:12 PM
it's more about having the right build and a good party than having the mad skills though :unsure:

Snee
01-25-2006, 11:21 PM
it's more about having the right build and a good party than having the mad skills though :unsure:
Yeah, but if you make your own build, then it's still you that do it, isn't it?

And that's why I try and avoid looking closely at what other people come up with.

Also, some people just suck at tactics, like all those rugby warriors running straight ahead and never waiting for the monkeys or necs to reharge and/or raise minions. Not doing that is a sort of skill too. And some use the wrong skills, and keep aggroing everything.

Feck, some people can't figure out which weapon they should use. I've seen noob n/m's wielding swords and shields.

Busyman
01-26-2006, 12:37 AM
Yeah, but if you make your own build, then it's still you that do it, isn't it?

And that's why I try and avoid looking closely at what other people come up with.

Also, some people just suck at tactics, like all those rugby warriors running straight ahead and never waiting for the monkeys or necs to reharge and/or raise minions. Not doing that is a sort of skill too. And some use the wrong skills, and keep aggroing everything.

Feck, some people can't figure out which weapon they should use. I've seen noob n/m's wielding swords and shields.
:O

Snee
01-26-2006, 12:52 AM
Yes, it is indeed true.

FYI, if you wondered about gameplay, it's a bit like a souped up diablo 2, in 3d, and with more strategic choices.

Busyman
01-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Yes, it is indeed true.

FYI, if you wondered about gameplay, it's a bit like a souped up diablo 2, in 3d, and with more strategic choices.
Sounds like it's got an instant fan then.

I can't stand turn-based combat!!:angry:

GepperRankins
01-26-2006, 02:12 AM
Yes, it is indeed true.

Sounds like it's got an instant fan then.

I can't stand turn-based combat!!:angry:
might not be your favourite aspect of the game. dunno how many times "thirty seconds to see if anyone wants anything i have" turns into 6 hours and getting up at gone lunch time :pinch:

sometimes this...
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/827/trading6om.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

can be more exciting than the quests :pinch:

yeah, i didn't believe it until someone wanted all my wood :ermm:

Snee
01-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Good deal on Kole's gauntlet there, I think.

Didn't know people were selling fiery sword hilts for that much. I think I have a couple.

^I prolly know more about trading in gw than buying food irl, at this point :ermm: