PDA

View Full Version : No seeds = Not worth downloading?

Vamp
01-15-2006, 09:58 AM
If I find a torrent with no seeds, but maybe 9 peers, is it still worth downloading or would it not be able to finish? Is there anyway I can find out if the number of Peers = a distributed download?

{I}{K}{E}
01-15-2006, 10:39 AM
it's still possible to get 100%.
but i would try to find a torrent with seeds ;)

dodgy368
01-15-2006, 08:30 PM
If I find a torrent with no seeds, but maybe 9 peers, is it still worth downloading or would it not be able to finish? Is there anyway I can find out if the number of Peers = a distributed download?

What client are you using?

Chiffa
01-16-2006, 11:18 PM
It doesn't depend on peer number at all - they all may miss the same parts of data.
But do check Availability in torrent status - if it's greater or equal 1, it mean complete data present in net, even if no seeds present (different leechers have different parts of data). In that case you can complete you download. If Availability less than 1 - no chance if nobody with more downloaded parts of data goes online. Such things are possible too - not everybody are online all the time. So in this case you still can try, but your chances are low.

desihotchick
01-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Hmm, pretty informative,thanks guys.

tradeinvites
01-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Very few chances to complete download without seeds though.. I never did.

dark0anima
01-23-2006, 03:20 AM
i finished a download once with only peers, so it is possible

tree_for
01-24-2006, 01:02 AM
yup true as long the whole swarm contains the copy, u'll finish ur download, check ur client, if it says >1 in the number of copies, it means u can complete d/l, if its <1 not possible, unless some someone with the missing files/pieces joins in the swarm

BT123
02-05-2006, 02:18 AM
hrm, i have seen torrents that say no seeds but after a few hours there are plenty of seeds. Not all websites update all the time and keep accurate info. If you see a torrent you want try it. leave it overnight if you have to.

when I do this I usually come out with the torrent by morning.

it doesn't happen every time but it happens and if I don't have it by morning and there are an insufficent # of seeds/peers. ill try another place.

on most private trackers you can request older torrents. so you will get at least one seed =D

[]D[][]V[][]D
02-14-2006, 04:25 PM
seeds=speed

Jäger
02-14-2006, 09:24 PM
On the good private sites the torrents with no seeds will show up in red on already complete member's profiles. I've always completed a torrent on these couple of good sites :)

Sucks that it is closed registration though