PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Old Games

UserX
04-21-2003, 07:05 PM
i got a p4 1.3ghz, gforce2 so new games these days really kill the machine :( laggy as hell. anyone got some good sorta old but not TOO old games that runs smoothly or even :o fast on my busted up machine? Perferablely its some long story-based games to keep me awake this spring break :D
thxs :lol:

RedRival
04-21-2003, 07:34 PM
Play some Final Fantasy. FFVII, FVIII, FFIX!
Play some Counter-Strike. ;).
OR just download a GBA emulator, download POkemon Sapphire/Ruby ROM of kazaa.

P1.3ghz is not screwd. My friend's enjoying WC3 on his 800mghz and geforce 2 MMX PC.

iceseal
04-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Nox for the PC is pretty cool. It's like Diablo but basically not as gory.

Prozac
04-21-2003, 07:48 PM
I know they are probably a bit old but you could go for the graphical adventures like :

Grim Fandango
Discworld Noir
Monkey island series
etc.

All these have low system specs and are pretty good to while away the time.

Nightwolf
04-21-2003, 07:54 PM
You shouldn't have trouble playing many new games on that system yet. Mine is ony a P3 550Mhz with a 32MB TNT2 video card, and so far the only game I've found that doesn't work is Battlefield 1942. I usually run 3D games at 800 x 600, but sometimes I can go as high as 1024 x 768 if I lower some of the other graphics settings. If you like action/shooters, I'd recommend GTA3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Max Payne. If you want to play a long and involved adventure or role-playing Game, try Baldur's Gate 2 or Syberia. Or if you want a little of both, look for System Shock 2 or Deus Ex. Unfortunately some of these games are nearly impossible to find on Kazaa, so you might want to try eMule.

Good Luck! B)