PDA

View Full Version : List All Bittorrent Game Hashes Here..

Headbust
04-21-2003, 08:26 PM
I got vietcong from em and it works like a charm after installing the patch from GCW...The sites they got listed on the main site dont really deal with games that much so id like to get a list going of verified ones here..

fook_mi
04-23-2003, 10:56 AM
WRONG SECTION SORRY!

RedRival
04-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Regarding Bittorant, I'll be doing a website that deals with this special links so you guys can get quick access to the downloads.

I'll keep you posted on the website.

swarnel
04-23-2003, 01:43 PM
is Bittorant fast?

accat13
04-23-2003, 01:59 PM
swarnel Posted on 23 April 2003 - 08:43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is Bittorant fast? sometimes yes and sometimes no,as low as 1kbs upto 100 kbs on cable.But you can find rare files(newer) faster and the download is very hgh quality with built in checks..The only problem with it is an older file that no one is seeding or you lose the seed every one downloading can get stuck at 96%(example) complete,big bummer.But its great if you get on right away when the file is first seeded. B) look here for BT information (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act=ST&f=40&t=19846)

RedRival
04-23-2003, 02:07 PM
To speak honestly, I'm a complete newbie to Bittorant. Although I tried downloading a file earlier today and I managed to hit a nice constant rate of 4-5kb/sec on my 56k modem and I believe I would invest some time in making the Bittorant community grow. If you look above, I have intention son doing a simple HTML site with this "bittorant" links to a number of files.

If you can provide me with hashes or good websites with worthy hashes, please PM me or reply here. I'm currently searching for a webhost to do so.

Duo
04-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Remember this though, with Bittorrent, it's better to link to their site because that's where their tracker is for the file. You can convert them to Sig2Dat hashes too when your done downloading the file.

@Headbust: Have you tried http://www.suprnova.org ? They just just about everything and with more games... I think.

fook_mi
04-23-2003, 02:33 PM
Hiya all
can someone move this forum please dont bleong in games it belongs in ashes or requested
thanks
matt :lol:

RedRival
04-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Looks like SuperNova.org is doing great, I&#39;ll just dump the idea of my torrent link website then <_< .

swarnel
04-24-2003, 07:55 AM
lol

Nightwolf
04-24-2003, 08:17 AM
This site has a few games and some other torrent files (not as many as Supernova, though)...

http://torrentse.cx/

RedRival
04-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Why is it that nothing happens?? I clicked on a torrent link, it allocates files, then when it comes to the download dialogue, either I get an error or nothing happens at all (no progress at all). Bittorant newbie need help :D .

Nightwolf
04-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by RedRival@24 April 2003 - 03:33
Why is it that nothing happens??
Make sure you downloaded and installed the correct version from here...

http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html

That&#39;s the only thing I can suggest right now because I&#39;m still a torrent-newbie, too. :P

the shift
04-24-2003, 11:32 AM
that problem occurs with either a really old file that not many ppl are sharing anymore or u have an old version of the program. I suggest getting the beta one that has download and upload settings, havent had a problem with it yet. sometimes u lose ur connection to a person ur downloading off of, and an error will show up, sometimes no ones sharing that file and another error will come up saying ur connection timed out, and then theres another error saying corruption found in __ and will redownload that part. Be more specific with the error and i can help more.

the shift
04-24-2003, 11:34 AM
that and being on 56k it will take u days to weeks to download a torrent and torrents sometimes dont last that long because ppl stop seeding them after so long.

bananadude
04-24-2003, 12:11 PM
It&#39;s not really a request though, and certainly not a verified hash. This section seems best place for this post.