PDA

View Full Version : Black.White

Busyman
02-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Starts on Wednesday March 8 10pm on FX

Produced by Ice Cube

2 families trades races (via make-up)

Those 2 families will be on Oprah today.

LegendaryU2K
02-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Thats one of the most ignorant shows ever made, and to me , i think its racist. I hope the sh** get canned quick.

asmithz
02-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Thats one of the most ignorant shows ever made, and to me , i think its racist. I hope the sh** get canned quick.

I find you racist for finding it racist. It's exploring the lives of one another, not poking fun at each ones faults like you get on most every show now adays. Get over yourself, and stop being so sensitive.

I can't wait to see the show, reminds me of Dave Chappell's skit on he's show, but serious. I didn't know they were gonna be on Oprah. Thats gonna be intresting, I can't wait for that eaither :-p

Busyman
02-22-2006, 11:55 AM

I find you racist for finding it racist. It's exploring the lives of one another, not poking fun at each ones faults like you get on most every show now adays. Get over yourself, and stop being so sensitive.

I can't wait to see the show, reminds me of Dave Chappell's skit on he's show, but serious. I didn't know they were gonna be on Oprah. Thats gonna be intresting, I can't wait for that eaither :-p
That Oprah episode was last week and you find that the families didn't get along the greatest....

....which made me want to see the show more.:shifty:

asmithz
02-22-2006, 01:06 PM

That Oprah episode was last week and you find that the families didn't get along the greatest....

dang i missed it, oh well i wont miss the show

Busyman
02-22-2006, 01:42 PM

dang i missed it, oh well i wont miss the show
Post from 2/16

Those 2 families will be on Oprah today.
:P

Busyman
02-23-2006, 07:51 AM
See Ice Cube's video, "Race Card", download the mp3, download the ringtone. (http://collect.myspace.com/blackwhite)

ziggyjuarez
02-23-2006, 11:02 AM
that was good.I thought cube went to shit.
Are they going to do other races or just black/white?

Busyman
02-23-2006, 01:47 PM
that was good.I thought cube went to shit.
Are they going to do other races or just black/white?
That one is just black and white for the season.

Depending how well it does, who knows? :idunno:

LegendaryU2K
02-24-2006, 05:37 AM
I find you racist for finding it racist.

Ok sure, whatever you say. Stop calling me a racist tho, serious dude. I am in no shape or form a racist individual.

It's exploring the lives of one another,

Really? Last time i check, white people and black people are the same = Humans, all children of GOD. So get the f*** outta here with that the lives of one another. The way black people lived, is the same as the way white people lived. If you say one suffers more then the other, you are also wrong.

" ALL CHILDREN THAT ARE BORN INTO THIS WORLD , SUFFERS - U.2.K. "

I think its about time you understand that everyone is the same.

Not poking fun at each ones faults like you get on most every show now adays. Get over yourself, and stop being so sensitive.

Well i am a very sensitive person, and i take my life very serious. I say to myself , maybe my sense of humor is fading away, and who knows, maybe it is. But its all good with me, because unlike some people in this world, i am paying attention to the world around me.

Oh yea, dave chappell is cool.( rolling eyes ) He makes fun of white folks all the time, he to me, is a racist.

asmithz
02-24-2006, 05:40 AM
ok... your intitled to your opinion, even if your overeacting a little to much. So be mad, its gonna be on tv, and people are gonna like it.

LegendaryU2K
02-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Well yall have fun watching, i was just sharing my thoughts on it. I am very closed minded, so dont expect anything different from me.

Peace.

Busyman
02-24-2006, 05:44 AM
Really? Last time i check, white people and black people are the same = Humans, all children of GOD. So get the f*** outta here with that the lives of one another. The way black people lived, is the same as the way white people lived. If you say one suffers more then the other, you are also wrong.

" ALL CHILDREN THAT ARE BORN INTO THIS WORLD , SUFFERS - U.2.K. "

I think its about time you understand that everyone is the same.

Well i am a very sensitive person, and i take my life very serious. I say to myself , maybe my sense of humor is fading away, and who knows, maybe it is. But its all good with me, because unlike some people in this world, i am paying attention to the world around me.

Oh yea, dave chappell is cool.( rolling eyes ) He makes fun of white folks all the time, he to me, is a racist.
Everyone is not treated the same and that's what the show explores.

Dave Chappelle makes fun of black people too so wtf?

Your sense of humor is probably fading away.:ermm:

Busyman
02-24-2006, 05:53 AM
Well yall have fun watching, i was just sharing my thoughts on it. I am very closed minded, so dont expect anything different from me.

Peace.
Cool we will. You didn't even say why or how the show is racist.:blink:

Maybe when a show explores race at all that equals racist to you.

Oh well.

MagicNakor
02-24-2006, 06:21 PM
I recall reading Black Like Me back in school; I imagine this show would be along similar lines. Could be interesting to watch, but I don't get that channel.

:shuriken:

asmithz
02-24-2006, 08:24 PM
I recall reading Black Like Me back in school; I imagine this show would be along similar lines. Could be interesting to watch, but I don't get that channel.

:shuriken:

Yea thats exactly what I think of when I think of this show.

He does, and it's not to say black people are bad, he's juist making a joke.

Doesn't matter who he makes fun of, he's not doing it to be rude. It's comedy, he makes fun of everyone. I'm white, and laugh when he makes fun of white people. I laugh when he makes fun of black people. But I watch alot of comedy, and I guess I am use to it. It's just jokes to make people laugh, and I don't find it racist becuase of that.

Busyman
02-24-2006, 08:35 PM

Doesn't matter who he makes fun of, he's not doing it to be rude. It's comedy, he makes fun of everyone. I'm white, and laugh when he makes fun of white people. I laugh when he makes fun of black people. But I watch alot of comedy, and I guess I am use to it. It's just jokes to make people laugh, and I don't find it racist becuase of that.
You should see an old Eddie Murphy skit on Saturday Night Live. He "went white" and it was hilarious.

and wtf do you mean you "laugh when he makes fun of black people".

You are a racist.

asmithz
02-25-2006, 05:04 AM

You should see an old Eddie Murphy skit on Saturday Night Live. He "went white" and it was hilarious.

and wtf do you mean you "laugh when he makes fun of black people".

You are a racist.

I hope there's SNL Best of Eddie Murphy , and that is on it.....

/me goes and looks

EDIT: And there is, downloading now....

ziggyjuarez
03-09-2006, 07:27 AM
show was ok.The white dude pwned the negro.

3RA1N1AC
03-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I recall reading Black Like Me back in school

yeh the eddie murphy skit was a parody of "black like me." it was called "white like me," of all things. he discovers that white people not only treat him nicer when he's white, but they give him free loot too. :lol:

hippychick
03-09-2006, 02:40 PM
I watched, I liked.
Except some of the people you just can't change their color tones.
The black girl looked puerto rican and the white guy looked white with a bad tan.
Overall I liked the concept of the series.

Busyman
03-09-2006, 02:51 PM
I watched, I liked.
Except some of the people you just can't change their color tones.
The black girl looked puerto rican and the white guy looked white with a bad tan.
Overall I liked the concept of the series.
I didn't see it. I'll watch the repeat.

To me, all the BTW folks looked either hispanic or light skin black.

The WTB folks looked very convincing....especially the daughter.

Yogi
03-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Saw it last night.

Nice attempt, but one episode was enough for me.

Busyman
03-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh I like that show.
I like the (real) white guy and his daughter.

All the others are idiots.

The black guy has watched too much film. He'll say, "See white people will go an investigate while we would run." Then he get sensitive if the white people say something. He didn't with the "jive" remark though.

Bruno and his daughter are the most real to me and I like them.

The black guy was getting angry 'cause Bruno isn't seeing racism yet.
Fuck, Bruno is honest so the black guy should STFU.