PDA

View Full Version : Just played Black.

Formula1
02-19-2006, 05:49 PM
I just played Black on my PS2. I got it off TB. I gotta say though this game has an awesome presentation, but the controls really suck though, because when you use the right analog stick to aim, you cant invert it, its really gonna take some time to get used to. But any i played about two minutes of it and graphics are quite good. The Ak-47 looks nice and shiny. But my only gripe is that the left-right cant be inverted, only up and down. I'll try and play some more of it later on... Game would be TEN times more enoyable if it was on the PC, trust me.. Seriously.

mr. nails
02-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Game would be TEN times more enoyable if it was on the PC, trust me.. Seriously.
right, leave the no0b stick to the no0bs!

Formula1
02-21-2006, 11:44 AM
I got the third level of the game, and i can say the game is extremely frustrating. On the third level you have enemies shooting at you with rocket launchers, who came up with this? Anway is said fuck it, and just threw the game away. This reminds of why FEAR is the best MODERN fps game ever......EVER..

asmithz
02-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Damn you suck, and are a complainer :-p

Black is a great game and I love it at night in my private time. LOL
Wtf would you want the aim to be, it makes sense to be on the right. Just stop getting frustrated and enjoy the game. Its better then F.E.A.R.

Formula1
02-22-2006, 02:57 AM
Damn you suck, and are a complainer :-p

Wtf would you want the aim to be, it makes sense to be on the right. Just stop getting frustrated and enjoy the game. Its better then F.E.A.R.

This is the biggest bullshit i've heard today, nuff said/ :dry:

I HATED IT HATED IT HATED IT!

asmithz
02-22-2006, 03:25 AM
I didn't realized how childish someone could be at 16, but your entitled to your opinion. The game was to hard, so it was not good for you. I didn't find the control's confusing since every game is like that. You may be left handed, i'm guessing thats why it's not normal for you. I beat the level with no problem, but do find it challenging. That is what I like about it. Unlike FEAR, where it was the same thing over and over again. An hour of play, and you get tired of it. It changes up, and has a better story line.

colt45joe
02-22-2006, 03:32 AM
you cant invert it

eh... in options, under control, you can turn invert on. and aiming with left stick? never heard of that before...
update: haha, formula 1...dude, did you even go through the controller options? you can completely change the controller settings to your liking... so you can aim with left stick if you want..

this game is kick ass though, its got:
480p, 16x9 widescreen, and dolby pro logic 2 (the sound in this game is neato)

asmithz
02-22-2006, 04:47 AM
you cant invert it

eh... in options, under control, you can turn invert on. and aiming with left stick? never heard of that before...
update: haha, formula 1...dude, did you even go through the controller options? you can completely change the controller settings to your liking... so you can aim with left stick if you want..

Wish this was made on the 360, you can tell it pushes the xbox to it's limits. Looks great, plays great, and is great, but could have been better on the 360.

mr. nails
02-22-2006, 05:51 AM
Wish this was made on the 360, you can tell it pushes the xbox to it's limits. Looks great, plays great, and is great, but could have been better on the 360.
pc bound?

asmithz
02-22-2006, 07:42 AM
Wish this was made on the 360, you can tell it pushes the xbox to it's limits. Looks great, plays great, and is great, but could have been better on the 360. pc bound?

I wish:cry:

Formula1
02-22-2006, 11:47 AM
you cant invert it

I got used to the control, smart one. I meant right analog stick, and you can only invert it VERTICALLY but not Horizontally. But anyway i got used to that. But still fps games suck on the ps2.

I didn't realized how childish someone could be at 16, but your entitled to your opinion. The game was to hard, so it was not good for you. I didn't find the control's confusing since every game is like that. You may be left handed, i'm guessing thats why it's not normal for you. I beat the level with no problem, but do find it challenging. That is what I like about it. Unlike FEAR, where it was the same thing over and over again. An hour of play, and you get tired of it. It changes up, and has a better story line.

Yeah and your grammar has shown me why I shouldn't take an eighteen year old seriously :P

By the way you played it on Xbox? Well i had to play it on a ps2, which wasn't cool.

silent h3ro
02-24-2006, 03:47 AM
:lol: :lol: lol... why the hell would u want to play a fps inverted...seems like it would be confusing as hell. There's no option for inverting the controls in the menu???

Edit: just saw ur post...still confused

Formula1
02-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Haha, look at the rating at gamespot, 7.4.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/black/review.html

Most FPS on consoles just cant compare with their PC counterparts, people..

asmithz
02-24-2006, 08:10 PM

Yeah and your grammar has shown me why I shouldn't take an eighteen year old seriously :P

By the way you played it on Xbox? Well i had to play it on a ps2, which wasn't cool.

Oh wow sorry, you're......:rolleyes:

I probably wouldn't stand it either if I played it on the ps2. Stop complaining, people are gonna like it, and some are not. Thats just the way it is, so move on.

Haha, look at the rating at gamespot, 7.4.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/black/review.html (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/black/review.html)

Most FPS on consoles just cant compare with their PC counterparts, people..

It's true, this game would have been great if it came out for PC or 360.

SingaBoiy
02-25-2006, 02:13 AM
:lol: :lol: lol... why the hell would u want to play a fps inverted...seems like it would be confusing as hell.
WTF?... Only noobs dont play w/o it being inverted.

EDIT: and how the hell can you play with left and right switched.

Formula1
02-25-2006, 04:17 AM
:lol: :lol: lol... why the hell would u want to play a fps inverted...seems like it would be confusing as hell.

Well have you ever played the game Ratchet: Deadlocked , trust me, playing the game horizontally inverted much more easier than not playing it inverted. I guess this is the because the game took position from a 3rd person view..

asmithz
02-25-2006, 05:02 AM

Well have you ever played the game Ratchet: Deadlocked , trust me, playing the game horizontally inverted much more easier than not playing it inverted. I guess this is the because the game took position from a 3rd person view..

Played it, and inverted was better... It's just normal to have it that way.

despikable
02-26-2006, 06:39 PM
yes im thinkkking abou buying this game it seems like its fun.

Buffalo
03-04-2006, 01:58 AM
I had a go on this yesterday around a friends house, it's ok, but after playing Call of Duty 2 on the pc i'll give it a miss.

abu_has_the_power
03-04-2006, 02:10 AM
fps is supposed to be frustrating on consoles. mouse and wasd makes fps too easy. it is really hard to be good @ fps with a analog stick

i really like the game.

anyone know if there's any difference between the NTSC and PAL versions?

Formula1
03-04-2006, 02:10 AM
I had a go on this yesterday around a friends house, it's ok, but after playing Call of Duty 2 on the pc i'll give it a miss.

Good choice. :)

Buffalo
03-04-2006, 02:29 AM
Call of Duty 2 kicks ass, I found Black to be a bit boring and lost it's sense of a true objective in game play.
I've only just got into games for the pc in the last 8 weeks or so,
Where have I been, damn i've missed out on some cool stuff.
With a game like C.O.D 2 it's like being in the game for the first time, well thats my first experiance of it all
maybe i'm smoking too much, but I know something I like.
Just had a go on Sniper Elite, not bad at all if I may say so.