PDA

View Full Version : USA TV Shows (Lost, Scrubs, Smallville etc)

bhatti00
02-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Why are none of these shows not showing new eps this week?

Is it a national holiday week ? whats so special about this week that they have thrown out the usual tv scheduling ?

Anyone know?

Cheese
02-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Ignoring the double-negative for a moment, they have weird scheduling practices. Lost will show for a few weeks and then have a couple of weeks off. I don't pretend to fully understand it but I'd imagine there are weeks when they feel they would lose viewers due to holidays or their cute little sporting events. For instance last week WWE: Raw was not shown because of a Dog Show.

Just about the only show they manage to show every week (that I watch at least) is 24.

bhatti00
02-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Stupid Producers Stop Messing About With The Scheduling

Busyman
02-21-2006, 12:17 PM
The USA TV show market is about making money so they move shows around based on when they think they'll do best in a given time slot.

A channel like ABC has been doing bad for years then they got Lost and Desperate Housewives. When a channel does bad it makes it hard to even advertise for another good show 'cause the people aren't on the channel in the first place to see the advertisement.

A sporting event or special is something that can't be changed and it also allows the TV show normally in that spot to extend farther.
A holiday week is bad to waste on a top rated show. People tend to travel, get out the house and not stay glued to a set. It's similar to the reason top shows are not aired in the summer. We are having cookouts, vacationing, and the kid's have no school.

Over here we have soooo many shows to watch that when a show doesn't come on for a couple weeks, it is a minor annoyance.

bhatti00
02-21-2006, 03:47 PM
The USA TV show market is about making money so they move shows around based on when they think they'll do best in a given time slot.

A channel like ABC has been doing bad for years then they got Lost and Desperate Housewives. When a channel does bad it makes it hard to even advertise for another good show 'cause the people aren't on the channel in the first place to see the advertisement.

A sporting event or special is something that can't be changed and it also allows the TV show normally in that spot to extend farther.
A holiday week is bad to waste on a top rated show. People tend to travel, get out the house and not stay glued to a set. It's similar to the reason top shows are not aired in the summer. We are having cookouts, vacationing, and the kid's have no school.

Over here we have soooo many shows to watch that when a show doesn't come on for a couple weeks, it is a minor annoyance.

ok cool thanks for info. so what week is it actually in the US this week ?
School vacation or a holiday ?

SeK612
02-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Must admit this had been baffling me as well. Most of the U.S series seem to have ground to a halt for the rest of Feb. Schedule changes do happen for holidays and stuff in many countries but it doesn't seem like there is a holiday at the moment in the U.S so the random switches and changes are just weird :(

bhatti00
02-21-2006, 10:22 PM
lol
but what is the occasion ?
why the holiday ?
must be a reason?
washington's birthday ?

curious george
02-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Many of the shows I like to watch weekly are reruns or off this week or for a while. Gilmore Girls (rerun), Prison Break (Off til march), and Surface (also off til march), for example. I'm not so sure about LOST, but I hope it's not a rerun. That show is my favorite and they've been pretty iffy with their continuous airing of it for one reason or another.

bhatti00
02-21-2006, 10:24 PM
lost is a rerun also ..

bhatti00
02-21-2006, 10:25 PM
checkout http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/
lists days that shows are on

LegendaryU2K
02-22-2006, 07:53 AM
Here is the news about smallville:

Why Are There No New Episodes Until March 30?
This is a popular question that we've been getting in our e-mailbox at K-Site a lot and I don't think people understand the real reason for. There are a number of reasons why there won't be any new Smallville until that time.

Most important, is that there are only 22 episodes produced to fill 52 weeks in the year. Obviously this will mean we'll get some repeats. A lot of those repeats air in the summer; but they are also sprinkled in for a few weeks in December, January, and March. 22 episodes is the TV industry standard.

Secondly, when Smallville returned on January 12, it was a week earlier than the show usually returns. So, another repeat had to go in somewhere.

Episodes take time to produce and put together. The only way we'd get 22 episodes in a row is if we had a 5 or 6 month long break between seasons, like 24 does. Do you REALLY want that? - http://www.kryptonsite.com/

asmithz
02-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Here is the news about smallville:

Why Are There No New Episodes Until March 30?
This is a popular question that we've been getting in our e-mailbox at K-Site a lot and I don't think people understand the real reason for. There are a number of reasons why there won't be any new Smallville until that time.

Most important, is that there are only 22 episodes produced to fill 52 weeks in the year. Obviously this will mean we'll get some repeats. A lot of those repeats air in the summer; but they are also sprinkled in for a few weeks in December, January, and March. 22 episodes is the TV industry standard.

Secondly, when Smallville returned on January 12, it was a week earlier than the show usually returns. So, another repeat had to go in somewhere.

Episodes take time to produce and put together. The only way we'd get 22 episodes in a row is if we had a 5 or 6 month long break between seasons, like 24 does. Do you REALLY want that? - http://www.kryptonsite.com/
Yea, that would be kinda nice, for shows like Prison Break. Where it's at the point where you want to know the ending and it says you have to wait 4 months to know the ending :frusty:

Other then that, yea it's fine I don't mind waiting on most shows.

ej595
06-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Somebody PLEASE tell me where they are in LOST. Whats going on, whats the black smoke thing ? - are they on earth ? i was really disappointetd with the opening of the hatch ! i though there was some alien aspect to it with the white light and all, but it turns out it was simply a flash light !!?? someone please help me