PDA

View Full Version : My Fave Book

JPaul
02-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Common sense for dummies, it a stonking read.

manker
02-21-2006, 04:41 PM
The sentence construction in that book made it so I couldn't read more than one page an hour, lest the page would get totally spoiled because of the blood dripping from my eyes.

However, I agree. Fantastic read.

I made absolutely sure that I didn't do any book learnin' while perusing its pages - 'cos that would have spoiled it.

JPaul
02-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Reading is the only way to learn about common sense, everyone know that.

What's the alternative, someone once said (and I paraphrase) - Common sense is the collection of prejudices you have gathered by the age of 18. However I probably read that in a book, so it doesn't count. Unless it was a maths book.

Cheese
02-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Not sure I agree with his quote from the book:

"People are made they are given a certain amount of smartpower, the rest is filled then with common sense. Thats why you get really smart people not with common sense and really stupid people with lotsa of common sense."

JPaul
02-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Not sure I agree with his quote from the book:

"People are made they are given a certain amount of smartpower, the rest is filled then with common sense. Thats why you get really smart people not with common sense and really stupid people with lotsa of common sense."
Ah, the central motif.

Common sense is inversely proportionate to knowledge.

Snee
02-21-2006, 08:28 PM
I have not read that one.

Does anyone have a torrent, hash or other method of acquiring aforementioned mafterpif?

Jon L. Obscene
02-21-2006, 08:50 PM
So this is a book about unposh smells? :unsure:

Jonno :cool: