PDA

View Full Version : liked football factory etc check this out

express98
02-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Anyone fancying themselves as a cigar-chomping, showbiz mogul of Harvey Weinstein's ilk no longer needs a bulging bank balance... Nick Love's put paid to that anachronism. For the writer/director of Chav-centric The Football Factory and The Business has launched a ground-breaking method to finance his new vigilante flick Outlaw by flinging wide investment doors to Joe public. Everyone can have a bite of Love's cinematic apple for the ridiculously reasonable sum of £10, £50 or £100 which auto-secures an Executive Producer DVD credit, balaclava logo'd film merchandise, and a chance to let their talent blow the screen away as an extra, when filming kicks off July 2006.

Accessible to investors right now via production web: www.outlawthemovie.com. Those visiting the site with stomachs strong enough to stay the course are eye-bashed by 38 quick-fire CCTV clips of lawless, legless Brits - wielding guns, knives, baseball bats and fists in an agro-orgy. These exclusive pre-clips are punctuated by familiar tabloidy banners: 'Violence spirals out of control', 'Police are powerless', and when Blueyonder chatted with diamond geezer Nick Love, he revealed his belief that governmental slack has mired England in a brutal, happy-slapping hel... making the country ripe and ready for Outlaw.

'Everyone's so p***** off with how things are going in this country. Everyone has someone or something going wrong in their area; whether it's a local paedophile, drug dealers or gun violence, it's like a war zone - the police are impotent to do anything and people are angry. So this is a way of opening it up to the public and mobilising people - maybe it'll be a wake up call? Obviously, we've had to be careful this isn't seen as incitement to violence or anything like that, and when the site went live, we got a group of German investors and thought: 'Oh, here we go. We've got the Neo-Nazi, BNP lunatics!' So that's why we vet everyone who invests £100 - give 'em a call and say 'thank you very much from Vertigo Films'. After only 8 days we had £25k invested, and I'm hoping for £100k over the next few months.

This innovative approach to funding Outlaw also springs from a desire to demystify filmmaking, he says. 'It'll give my fans who loved Football Factory and The Business the chance to see how a film is made, 'cause let's face it - it's hard graft but it's not brain surgery, it's not like being a nurse. Don't get me wrong, every job and profession has its place of importance - but nurses are really f****** important.

Love and co spent months rounding up first-hand accounts for Outlaw, and he adds. 'We've had everyone from the aristocracy to the working man, across the board - all p***** off, all angry, so this gives the public a voice. They're true stories about true incidences, but I've given the premise dramatic points, because that's what is needed in film. It's about 5 different men from different walks of life whose stories cross and connect. Each of 'em's f***** off at how things are in this country, and so they form an Outlaw posse to do something about it, and bring about justice on the streets.'

Smiling, Love hints that Outlaw's not going to be a blanket doom and gloom scenario. 'I finished the script last night and got an inspirational spurt about how these 5 guys becoming media darlings. That's how the British press works nowadays...you know, it'll be The Sun talking about them like they're 'West Life with guns - but a force for good!''

http://www.outlawthemovie.com/

good2go38756
08-12-2006, 05:21 AM
I loved the real movie:The Football Factory(2004)............................Well "The Real Football Factories" (2006)
Danny Dyer(this is the guy who played Tommy Johnson in the movie)delves into the social history and sub culture of football hooliganism over the past 50 years in this 6 part documentary series. Inspired by the film The Football Factory in which he starred, Dyer embarks on a journey into football's violent heartlands, where he discovers the firms, their main men, the stories of their major battles, as well as the culture, fashion and music that surrounds them.It is a great 6-part hope i dont get in trouble for this but you can find it at http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/423734/5620364/ it is a great show-Like i said if i broke the rules posting the link i am sorry.........just thought someone may enjoy it as much as i did :) also another great hooligan film is:"Green Street Hooligans"

Plot Summary for
Hooligans (2005)
Unjustly expelled from Harvard when a stash of cocaine is found in his possession, Matt (Elijah Wood) moves to London to live with his sister and her husband Steve (Marc Warren.) He is quickly introduced to Steve's chirpy, cock-sure younger brother Pete (Charlie Hunnam.) Initially, Pete is reluctant to get acquainted with Matt and allow him to tread around the capital city with him because he may be seen by others as an 'outsider', but after a heavy drinking session with him and his mates he quickly changes his opinion of him. On the way back from a football match, Matt is viciously accosted by a gang of Birmingham City thugs, until Pete and his friends step in and save him. It is from here that Matt learns the truth about Pete and his friends- they are football hooligans, operating the GSE (Green Street Elite) 'firm.' Initially afraid of the violence, Matt soon ends up becoming as desensitized to it as his new found friends- but as events roll on, suspicion, shocking revelations and unsettled scores combine to a devastating climax where London's most fierce football rivals- Millwall and West Ham United- are set to go head to head......................VERY GOOD hooligan film by the way the review was from IMBD by David Graham

maebach
08-12-2006, 07:25 PM
I want to watch the hooligans movie with elijah wood. Football factory was great.

good2go38756
08-13-2006, 04:59 AM
Here you go maebach http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/246860/1405091/ hard to think of Frodo Baggins hanging with a firm but he does and kicks some ass Ha-Ha............. no its a great film enjoy :)

good2go38756
08-13-2006, 05:28 AM
Damn i almost forgot the best Hooligan film ever...Try this one out maebach..............

Plot Summary for
The Firm (1988) (TV)
This is the story of rival "Firms" of football (soccer) supporters, and how one man has a wish to team them up for the European Championships of 1988. However, when this is discussed, the opposing leaders are not happy, as they believe this is a challenge to their authority. This Film shows how football violence has progressed from pure violence to a form of organized crime, to the extent that all the leaders know each others home phone / mobile phone numbers.http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/353840/1405091/