PDA

View Full Version : Fake Files

bobalonius
04-23-2003, 03:31 PM
I just finished downloading this file: Freelancer.Imersesucks.NightcrawlerLAIR.shareordie and what did i get? 3ds max 5. Why the hell are so many people sharing this file as freelancer when its not? I must have come up with a good 80+ sources for this. This isnt the first fake file I've downloaded, but I think it may be the most wide spread I've seen yet. :angry:

Duo
04-23-2003, 03:40 PM
It must be some problem with Kazaa. You should try downloading new movies and check out how many fakes there are. The most I've seen is when look for a LOTR:tTT and over 1000 people sharing both parts when it was really LOTR:FotR.

Fakes :sigh: Try Emule. It took me a couple days to get it but I got it.

Rocktron
04-23-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Duo@23 April 2003 - 16:40
It must be some problem with Kazaa. You should try downloading new movies and check out how many fakes there are. The most I've seen is when look for a LOTR:tTT and over 1000 people sharing both parts when it was really LOTR:FotR.

Fakes :sigh: Try Emule. It took me a couple days to get it but I got it.
Yes Emule is great for new stuff but still you have to use the verifieds! Or fakes will come your way even than.

It's also handy to click the + sign in your search results (the more sources the better) and you will see that the filenames will differ. The fakes (or real names) will be among them.

Just learn to use this trick and use it with all the movie files you are looking for.
Or only use the Verifieds in this forum or the one's at FasttrackMovies.

Good Luck!