i think this boards got a clan
i finnaly got a legit copy
and would like to play
im aa noob
so if u got a clan
post info here

punkerforgod
04-23-2003, 06:25 PM
why would a clan want to pick up "aa noob"?

RedRival
04-23-2003, 07:59 PM
lol true :o .
How bout you post some screenies or a video footage on how you go on Aztec?
I did love to see'em :D .
I'm in a Aussie-All Azn clan here name aki.|, I dun see what's there left to PM:D.

RedRival
04-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Yea Solid if you are on a good DSL connection...
You could host a game and I'll take chances on my 56k connection on ur server.
Are you located in the US??

scribblec
04-23-2003, 09:14 PM
i have a 512k broadband connection
but im in u.k
i dont host i only play
im not that bad anymore
ive improved
and whats this aztec u speak of

Crack_man
04-23-2003, 10:50 PM
Aztec is a defusion map in Counterstrike which means that the terrorist should plant the bomb and the CT should protect the bombsite from being blown away.

RedRival
04-24-2003, 12:07 AM
I was expecting Solidsnake to know what Aztec means, lol. But thanks anyways crack_man :D . What I meant, Solid is that if you are on a good DSL connection, I'll play you 1v1 on your host. Create a map, gimme your IP and I'll join. Just a simple 1v1 match.

PM me and I'll gif u my MSN contact, then we can play some CS :rolleyes: .

zhelynd
04-24-2003, 02:44 AM
Aztec is a tourist attraction in Greece and Dust 1 and 2 are in Pakistan and Afghanistan respectively.

the above statement is based on absolutely nothing

by the way, do u think there is gonna be all brand new maps in the upcoming cs 1.6?

Schmiggy_JK23
04-24-2003, 02:53 AM
theres only one new map in 1.6, as i play the beta, and its de_airstrip, its okay, nothing special.

CZ, condition zero, will be co released with 1.7 supposedly, and CZ will support new maps, which are in the game, for users online who have Condition zero...

heres news straight from Rizzah at CSnation... the secondary site to counter-strike.net, which gets more news, as the official cs homepage is never updated seemingly...

news for tuesday april 1st, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CS:CZ Info & Shots
superm0nk @ 10:42 am - cs: cond. zero - 42 comments - hot topic
Okay rizzuh is totally screwing up the site, but that won't stop me from posting this.

Ritualistic has summarized the Condition Zero preview in Computer Gaming World. Here is Ritualistic's list:
Single-player
» Ritual started over nearly from scratch when it took over the project nearly eight months ago, keeping only parts of some maps and a few textures
» Rag-doll physics end up looking better and more realistic than those found in the latest Unreal Engine
» Rudimentary scripting language implemented to create special events, such as helicopter crashes and tank chases; at least one cool event in each level
» Single-player missions are no longer interconnected and you will take the role of squad leader in various elite counter-terrorist units
» Many missions require stealth over brawn
» Realism takes a backseat to action in single-player missions, you'll have more health and will be able to pick up med packs to heal

Multiplayer
» 10 new multiplayer maps and the addition of bots
» Bots respond to radio commands issued through an onscreen VGUI; no word on bots responding to radio commands in multiplayer
» Steam technology will continuously update the game, including updates to prevent multiplayer hacks and cheats
» VALVe plans to integrate CS with CZ by releasing Counter-Strike 1.7
» Owners of either can play with each other as long as they stay off the Condition Zero-exclusive maps
In addition to that, Ritualistic has posted screengrabs from the CS:CZ trailer also included in the new issue of Computer Gaming World magazine.

scribblec
04-24-2003, 04:17 PM
will we need to buy the new game
or can we use our current installation
and i like playing team games
i play on a jolt server
jolt.co.uk-tmi
^^i usually on that
im crap
but my cs name is CeNgIz_CeLiK

marine_aart
04-24-2003, 04:26 PM
Aztec is a defusion map in Counterstrike which means that the terrorist should plant the bomb and the CT should protect the bombsite from being blown away.
hehehe, I have never played CS, but still know that :S (there is a tactical ops conversion of that map :lol: )

Schmiggy_JK23
04-25-2003, 11:52 AM
solid... you will still be able to play counter strike, after condition zero comes out... but if you dont buy it, you wont be able to play on the condition zero maps, and use the new condition zero models... to many, thats no big deal...

i however, will be getting condition zero, cuz i want those things.

scribblec
04-26-2003, 04:16 PM
ok so lets start a clan
and have clan wars

so will a pirate version of this game work
cos ive got a valid cd key
which is bought

punkerforgod
04-26-2003, 09:52 PM
If you ahve a cd-key, you can play online, even with a pirated version. (damn i hate that word...pirated....makes me feel....bad... :( ) Try to think of it as, borrowing, yah borrowing....not piracy.. :lol:

scribblec
04-26-2003, 11:27 PM
i was tlking bout a condition zero pirate version
will my original counter strike key work

punkerforgod
04-26-2003, 11:52 PM
ohh... :huh:

Schmiggy_JK23
04-27-2003, 12:12 PM
thats a good question scrible, and i dont know for sure.

my guess would be ya... as coundition zero will add to your cs install, i would think,

less they put some sort of check with wonid, that validates your condition zero install as authentic, which seems like too much of a hassle... so odds are, id say it would work, but we prolly wont know for sure till the pirate versions hit.

@driano
04-27-2003, 07:05 PM
:lol: A u fucking faggot u killed 4 bots :lol: (bots are stupid and easy to kill )MUHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: NOOB

scribblec
04-27-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by @driano@27 April 2003 - 19:05
:lol: A u fucking faggot u killed 4 bots :lol: (bots are stupid and easy to kill )MUHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: NOOB
who me
?

Schmiggy_JK23
04-27-2003, 07:21 PM
adriano, shrink your signature please... its way to big....

Twist3r
04-27-2003, 07:50 PM
no offence Schmiggy_JK23 but counter strike isnt that fun infact i hated it the sound sucked the graphix sucked and the gameplay sucked .... the game was made in 1997 so u cant expect much....however counterstrike would be 50 funner if there wasnt so many hackers playing they shoot through the damn walls and kill you with there wall hacks and there is too many aimboters too

other then that i like the map iceage

FlamingYob
04-28-2003, 06:14 AM
I play for 2 clans, -=|NTE|=- who are my English clan me and a friend started, we are invite only and very good, I also play for the American clan [U|M] who play in the league TWL.

I have been learning video editing and I have 1 completed vid of some of my nice kills and a few effects, I am also working on a much better video of -=|NTE|=- going to good public servers and only using the worst weapons in the game (mac, ump etc) you'll see some amazing and funny kills in this video, in one part I take out 5 guys in a row using the UMP when they're packing colts, mp5 etc.

Schmiggy_JK23
04-28-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Twister@27 April 2003 - 14:50
no offence Schmiggy_JK23 but counter strike isnt that fun infact i hated it the sound sucked the graphix sucked and the gameplay sucked .... the game was made in 1997 so u cant expect much....however counterstrike would be 50 funner if there wasnt so many hackers playing they shoot through the damn walls and kill you with there wall hacks and there is too many aimboters too

I never said you had to like it.

1. Obviously its sound and graphics are outdated... its from a engine that came out nearly 8 years ago... which was heavily modifed to this current extent.
2. The gameplay sucked? And thats why, (and btw... the game out in 98, the cs mod did), any given day, there are more people playing counter strike then next five leading fps shooters combined online? Must be pretty dull if all those people play it... ;)
3. The game play is so bad... that there are pro tournaments, sponserships, and top clans raking in 100K per year?
4. Obviously when you have a game that is so huge, there are going to be more noticable haxors... every game has them... they are just more noticed, and bitched about, because Counter Strike is so much more prominent then any of the competition.
5. Half the time you think your being haxed... your prolly just playing good competition. (dont get me wrong, there are tons of hax), but i used to be a noob like you, till i started progressing up the levels... Getting wall kills is common,and regualar as you gain more experience, (try watching some cal i/m videos/demos sometimes), because when you play enough, you know "spots", spots to spam, spots to nade... cuz theres a good chance that ur opponent will be there... and before you go calling off aimbot, watch those same demos, and you will like 30-40% of the time, these guys get headshots, and rarely miss. cuz they are that good.

so complain all you want, tahts fine, i enjoy it, cuz im experienced, and know what im doing... play ur ut2k3 eye candy... but ill have more peeps to play with, :lol: :lol:

scribblec
04-28-2003, 03:56 PM
i love unreal tourny
thats a great game
so is counter strike

Schmiggy_JK23
04-28-2003, 04:45 PM
Im not saying UT isnt... im just saying... hes saying CS isnt that great of a game... but far more people play it then UT2k3, Q3, bf1942, JK2... etc...

so i was saying, enjoy your other games, or what ever game you find "better then CS", but when im online with cs... i will have more people to play with... thats what i was saying. I enjoy ut2k3, its a great game, but its not at the level of popularity cs is, nothing is.

Twist3r
04-28-2003, 09:59 PM
that was my opinion about that game i wasnt whining or complaning just telling u guys what i think about it no one cares but o well

ut is a great game infact my favorite game how did u know

EDIT: have u ever played rogue spear same consept as counter strike but more urban places and the same guns and stuff its a decent game as CS is

FireATM
04-28-2003, 10:05 PM
Schmiggy, what servers do you play at usually?

aintgottime
04-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Redrival that picture underneath your name is that you and all your head shot kills??

Because that isnt nothing special, lol you were playing against BOTS :lol:

punkerforgod
04-29-2003, 12:43 AM
bots....laf....

Schmiggy_JK23
04-29-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by DraKulA@28 April 2003 - 17:05
Schmiggy, what servers do you play at usually?
drakula,

Im in MI, so i play on alot of midwest servers, and some east, heres some of my favorite ips in order of use.

1. 66.146.192.63:27015 ( GOC$, here most, if im in a public server)
2. 64.202.114.112:27015 (chicago fps)
3. 64.81.227.12:27015 (Not hsd chicago burbs)
4. 169.207.1.73:27015 (not the heap 1)
5. 66.151.181.132:27015 (zEx pub server )
6. 69.12.83.200:27015 (jaded karma public server)

FireATM
05-01-2003, 03:59 AM
Cool! These are the servers i play the most:

66.150.165.144:27015 (WAZZU CS 1.5)
216.34.201.66:27015 (Grant's CS 1.5 OC-12)
12.110.84.74:27015 (Thugserver - Seattle)
129.101.19.158:27015 (seattle liquid ph33r | warcraft iii )

These are all West Coast servers. Wazzu, thugserver and liquid pheer are all in seattle and grant's is in LA. BTW my screen name is............ [KoN]DraKulA

Jayhawk
05-01-2003, 04:43 AM
I have just started to play i have been playing for about a week. getting better but there are still lots i would like to learn anyone have any good tips that they dont mind sharing?

Schmiggy_JK23
05-01-2003, 05:50 AM
The best tips I can think of, here we go.

1. Watch other people alot, when ur dead, in 1st person, pay attention to the good ones, the ones with the highest kill to death ratios.... watch their movements, how they shoot guns, places they position themselves in, how they help their teamates, routes they take, etc.

2. Watch demos of league matches, and what not. You can learn alot of map strats from these, etc... search for like, cal i demos, and what not.
Gotfrag has good ones (http://www.gotfrag.com)
Sogamed has alot too (http://www.sogamed.com)
use geekplay to play them, or put " -console" and the end of your game shortcut... then hit "`" (the tilda key), to bring it down. Then u can watch demos from there, by typing, playdemo xxxxx (the demo name)

3. Be quiet... maybe this should be the most important. People run way to much in Public servers, way way way too much. Silence is so important... so walk when ever possible, especially when its just vs x amount of guys. Cuz when u run, and with a good soundcard, or headset, people can hear you half way across the map... and get the general idea of ur position.

4. DONT SPRAY! Your gun that is... use controlled bursts.... 2-3 shots with the AK-47... and 3-4 with the M4 colt. (ie, these are the best two rifles, not including sniper rifles, ak and colt, for t and ct respectively) these are mainly what you should use, when u can afford them... less you like to snipe... more on that soon. The best cheap gun... the Mp5 navy... its fast, not so powerfull, but its hard for ur oppenent to shoot u, while getting shot with it... many think it sucks, but one on one, its great.

5. Positioning. If your position is made, MOVE! I see so many noobs, and kill so many... cuz they will peak... from some corner, or bridge, or box... and then peak back from the same spot! thats very bad.... same if your sniping... u take a shot from some where... move before ur second shot, if u may have been seen... or they will be ready for the 2nd shot.

6. Shooting while moving is bad, for the most part... the only guns that are just ass accurate while moving are the shotguns... (i know this sounds strange, but its true, there was a huge cs report a while back, with tons of tests, and what not... and this is FACT). So as u strafe left and right, pause, shoot a burst, and move again...

7. Spam walls, and door... ie, controlled spray them... double doors on aztec... boxes... anything people can be behind, or come from... shoot them randomly...u can get lucky often.... of course, thats for the guns that do go threw wall... they are, the deagle pistol/night hawk, and every rifle.... none of the submachine guns, or any of the other pistols can. The machine gun, para, also goes through walls.

8. If you snipe with the awp... which most learn after some time, it is the best over all gun... make sure u use quick switch... the q button, (though i bind mine to mouse 4)... you shoot your awp... quick switch to your pistol, and then back... (so for default, q twice, fast), it will go to ur pistol, then back to the awp... and will skip the awp chambering of the bullet animation... make the reload for the rifle faster... also, quick switching after each shot is good, cuz with ur pistol, u move faster then u do with ur awp out..... so u take an awp shot, quick switch ur pistol, strafe out of the way faster, switch back, and shoot again.

9. overall, have fun, its a game, too many people in the community take it way too seriously, and get bent... also... be carefull calling out hackers, or not, ya theres alot... but theres also some amazing people out there... i get called hax all the time... and I am just better then average... some of the best players in the world could seem like hax, but they arent, they are just damn good.

10. Tweak out your rates and settings, read tutorials via google, on counter strike tweaks, etc... gamma, and brightness should be set to like 6, helps u see better, better rates and what not too.

11. oh ya, get a mic too, if u dont have one, it really adds to the experience...

Jayhawk
05-01-2003, 07:00 AM
hey thanks

Schmiggy_JK23
05-01-2003, 07:11 AM
Not a problem... there needs to be more tutorials for the new peeps, so I sigh and bitch and moan less in game while playing with them, hehe... :lol:

But seriously, nothing will beat experience, just play and play... the calls of "nooby", and what not are a given.. but in time... you will come around... dont let people get down on you when you fuck up... just remember your mistakes, and learn from them. GL, and HF! (good luck, and have fun, as we all say at the start of matches)

RedRival
05-01-2003, 03:17 PM
Most of the methods you use in CS is self-learnt, then naturally applied. It depends on the people you play with, mostly. For instance, you may get accustomed to a weapon and use it all the time, but I always suggest versatility so you can own even with a mp5 when you're downright broke.

I don't have much of tips. Most of the times, you see what others do, their strats and movements etc. You try to imitate the good ones, and the one that works well for you the most, you master the technique.

I think I attained the highest lvl of AK47 in my pathetic list of arsenal (m4a1, awps, usp, deagle)...
7/10 = headshots :D.

But sometimes you get your bad days...
Hope this helps.

scribblec
05-11-2003, 08:28 PM
nice tips
but i think im advancing from noob to ametuer

scribblec
07-10-2003, 05:53 PM
ok im decent enough for one on ones now
anyone up for a game?

Twist3r
07-10-2003, 08:54 PM
this is off topic but...

my friend god banned from 75% of the servers because he got so good everyone thought he was cheating and he wasn't becuase i was at his house watching him play and theres no scripts or anything on his counterstrike....

i just thought that was interesting and you guys might think that too....

by the way his CS name is Zellgadis

ps Counter strike 2 for xbox in gonna be cool!

Jayhawk
07-10-2003, 10:47 PM
i havent played CS for over a month now the little skills i was getting are going by real quick

i_have_a.d.d.
07-11-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Twister@27 April 2003 - 11:50

the game play ,weapons, and the compete.S of this game is what makes such a fav among so many i mean lik soooo many players its been around for about 5-6 years and its still badass(the only ppl who HATE this game R the "NOOOOOOOOOBz" and ppl who suck like U)
:P :P :P
and who remembers about PS2 its grafix might not b the best but the games R the shit

this proves that a game doesnt have to look as real as u or me but it must b fun and good enough for future play :P :P :P
Muuuuaaahahahahaha muuuuaahahahaah MUUAAAHAHAHAAHAHA (=N()()|3=)

scribblec
07-12-2003, 05:36 PM
basically if u play on uk servers
tell me ip addy so i can join
ill play u......

Bernardattic
07-13-2003, 12:40 PM
I need some decent uk servers i can never seem to join any and then when i do i get messages like illeagal message or some thing like that .
Cs is a great game and thanks to schmiggy for those tips :D
Sometimes when i try to join a server and have cheating death on it disconnects me and says read cheating death manual but i cant find anything in it that helps boohoo

ps this is my first post woohoo

Bernardattic

scribblec
07-13-2003, 03:39 PM
forget those servers

go to plopsters servers
they r cool

www.gametiger.net

and search plopster

Bernardattic
07-13-2003, 07:17 PM
does anyone know of any really cool uk servers for cs ?

Bernardattic

scribblec
07-13-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by scribblec@13 July 2003 - 15:39
forget those servers

go to plopsters servers
they r cool

www.gametiger.net

and search plopster
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^