PDA

View Full Version : The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Release Date Confirmed

Cheese
03-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Not that I am one to be taken in by pre-release hype but fuck me I can't wait for this game:

Bethesda Softworks and 2K Games Announce

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to Ship March 20

Quintessential RPG for the Next Generation Coming to Xbox 360 and PC

Rockville, MD - March 2, 2006 - Bethesda Softworks® and 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that the highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ has gone to gold master and will be available in stores in North America and Europe during the week of March 20. Oblivion will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in both regular and collector's editions.

"Our most ambitious project ever is finally done," said Todd Howard, executive producer of Oblivion. "We're excited to get the game into everyone's hands and let them experience it for themselves. We hope they enjoy it. I think it's our best game yet."

Oblivion is an epic, open-ended single-player RPG for the next generation providing gamers with one of the most life-like gaming experiences to date. The powerful combination of unprecedented graphics and freeform gameplay allows gamers to unravel the main quest or explore the vast world at their own pace. Oblivion is the fourth chapter in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series that includes Morrowind® (2002 RPG of the year - Computer Gaming World), Daggerfall™ (1996 RPG of the year -- PC Gamer), and Arena (1994 RPG of the year - Computer Player).

"Oblivion will set the new standard for next generation gaming and change the way role-playing games are viewed forever," said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. "We set very high goals and ensure they are reached because that is what our fans deserve and have come to expect from Bethesda Softworks. We are very proud of our team's accomplishments with respect to Oblivion."
Oblivion has already garnered numerous awards and an impressive collection of accolades, including being voted "RPG of Show" in 2005 by the Best of E3 Game Critics Awards. Oblivion ranks as one of the "Most Anticipated Games of 2006" according to PC Gamer, GameSpy, IGN, and Yahoo Games among many others, and has been featured on nearly thirty magazine covers worldwide.

"Oblivion is one of the most anticipated video games of 2006 and its release will be a milestone for the Xbox 360 and PC," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director, 2K Games. "A shining example of next-generation role-playing, Oblivion breaks new ground in the genre with unparalleled graphics, revolutionary gameplay and an expansive RPG world."

Oblivion for Xbox 360 and PC, co-published by Bethesda Softworks and 2K Games, has been rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB.

Guyver
03-03-2006, 01:04 AM
AWsome, wonder if my pc will run it...

Busyman
03-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Bethesda Softworks and 2K Games Announce

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to Ship March 20

Quintessential RPG for the Next Generation Coming to Xbox 360 and PC

Rockville, MD - March 2, 2006 - Bethesda Softworks® and 2K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that the highly-anticipated role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion™ has gone to gold master and will be available in stores in North America and Europe during the week of March 20. Oblivion will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in both regular and collector's editions.

"Our most ambitious project ever is finally done," said Todd Howard, executive producer of Oblivion. "We're excited to get the game into everyone's hands and let them experience it for themselves. We hope they enjoy it. I think it's our best game yet."

Oblivion is an epic, open-ended single-player RPG for the next generation providing gamers with one of the most life-like gaming experiences to date. The powerful combination of unprecedented graphics and freeform gameplay allows gamers to unravel the main quest or explore the vast world at their own pace. Oblivion is the fourth chapter in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series that includes Morrowind® (2002 RPG of the year - Computer Gaming World), Daggerfall™ (1996 RPG of the year -- PC Gamer), and Arena (1994 RPG of the year - Computer Player).

"Oblivion will set the new standard for next generation gaming and change the way role-playing games are viewed forever," said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. "We set very high goals and ensure they are reached because that is what our fans deserve and have come to expect from Bethesda Softworks. We are very proud of our team's accomplishments with respect to Oblivion."
Oblivion has already garnered numerous awards and an impressive collection of accolades, including being voted "RPG of Show" in 2005 by the Best of E3 Game Critics Awards. Oblivion ranks as one of the "Most Anticipated Games of 2006" according to PC Gamer, GameSpy, IGN, and Yahoo Games among many others, and has been featured on nearly thirty magazine covers worldwide.

"Oblivion is one of the most anticipated video games of 2006 and its release will be a milestone for the Xbox 360 and PC," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director, 2K Games. "A shining example of next-generation role-playing, Oblivion breaks new ground in the genre with unparalleled graphics, revolutionary gameplay and an expansive RPG world."

Oblivion for Xbox 360 and PC, co-published by Bethesda Softworks and 2K Games, has been rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB.

Translation for USAers:

The game comes out Mar. 21.

Cheese
03-03-2006, 03:03 PM
This will be the second game in two years that I will actually purchase (the other being Half-Life 2). Of course, if a copy hits the 'net early then I will still download it...:shifty:

orcutt989
03-03-2006, 03:14 PM
http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/art/ob_pc/obliv25B.jpg

http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/art/ob_pc/obliv12B.jpg

http://www.elderscrolls.com/images/art/ob_pc/obliv04B.jpg

j0shin
03-04-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm so looking forward to this, but from the looks of it I'll have to by a new pc before before the game... :s

Damn, those graphics are nice! Is this from the PC or X360 version?

Cheese
03-04-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm so looking forward to this, but from the looks of it I'll have to by a new pc before before the game... :s

Damn, those graphics are nice! Is this from the PC or X360 version?
Here's a really useful thread as with regards to the specs your pc will need:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=251609&st=0

or:

Official PC Requirements

The system requirements for the PC are officially as follows:
Recommended:
3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
1 GB System RAM
ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video cardMinimum System Requirements:
Windows XP
512MB System RAM
2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
128MB Direct3D compatible video card
and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
8x DVD-ROM drive
4.6 GB free hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c (included)
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
Keyboard, MouseSupported Video Card Chipsets:
ATI X1900 series
ATI X1800 series
ATI X1600 series
ATI X1300 series
ATI X850 series
ATI x800 series
ATI x700 series
ATI x600 series
ATI Radeon 9800 series
ATI Radeon 9700 series
ATI Radeon 9600 series
ATI Radeon 9500 series
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
NVIDIA GeForce FX series
Those pics are most likely taken from a high-end PC, I seem to recall the demo was taken from the PC version. If you get the choice go for the PC version, mods are a huge part of what made Morrowind greatness and mods will be quite limited on the X360. For instance, with the Radiant AI system already looking really interesting already it will be cool to see what mod-makers can make of it.

Guyver
03-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Here's a really useful thread as with regards to the specs your pc will need:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=251609&st=0

or:

Official PC Requirements

The system requirements for the PC are officially as follows:
Recommended:
3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
1 GB System RAM
ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video cardMinimum System Requirements:
Windows XP
512MB System RAM
2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
128MB Direct3D compatible video card
and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
8x DVD-ROM drive
4.6 GB free hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c (included)
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
Keyboard, MouseSupported Video Card Chipsets:
ATI X1900 series
ATI X1800 series
ATI X1600 series
ATI X1300 series
ATI X850 series
ATI x800 series
ATI x700 series
ATI x600 series
ATI Radeon 9800 series
ATI Radeon 9700 series
ATI Radeon 9600 series
ATI Radeon 9500 series
NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
NVIDIA GeForce FX series
Those pics are most likely taken from a high-end PC, I seem to recall the demo was taken from the PC version. If you get the choice go for the PC version, mods are a huge part of what made Morrowind greatness and mods will be quite limited on the X360. For instance, with the Radiant AI system already looking really interesting already it will be cool to see what mod-makers can make of it.

my pc's right at the minimum specs lol

silent h3ro
03-05-2006, 04:13 AM
Can't wait for this damn game. I've never played the first Morrowind games but from what I've heard this sounds amazing. Gonna get the PC version and X360 version.

j0shin
03-08-2006, 11:49 AM
my pc's right at the minimum specs lol

Heh, so is mine :s Looks like an upgrade is in order soon. :D

Delorean
03-08-2006, 12:16 PM
My pc Meets the recommended requirements! i'll be able to play this game close to its high graphics!
If i only overclock My 6600GT a lil bit i might be able to play it at high graphics! :)

Ranilin
03-11-2006, 07:30 AM
I'm waiting on my pre-ordered copy, naturally, but I'm also hoping for a leak REALLY bad so I can play it SOONER! :)

If you want to check your computer against the reqs for Oblivion, try this:
http://www.srtest.com/
Scroll down the drop down list to "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion". It's in the T's, I had a hard time finding it at first because you don't normally expect the word "The" to be used when sorting.

MagicNakor
03-11-2006, 07:56 PM
...If you get the choice go for the PC version, mods are a huge part of what made Morrowind greatness and mods will be quite limited on the X360. For instance, with the Radiant AI system already looking really interesting already it will be cool to see what mod-makers can make of it.

Mods may be much more limited for Oblivion than they were for Morrowind. So far, even the ability to import models and textures hasn't been confirmed.

:shuriken:

Buffalo
03-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Looks great!
I'm just up to spec,
will need to do an upgrade soon on the PC by the looks of things to come.

Excellent Trailer (http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/702/702491/vids_1.html)
It's going to be good :01:

Seedler
03-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Aww man, the min requirements are scary...

Oh well, I guess the game would still look pretty good on medium settings on my machine...

Colt Seevers
03-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Can't wait! :)