PDA

View Full Version : Recommend some PC Games

Buffalo
03-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi from Celebs

Please,
I wonder if someone could post some details on games that you recommend

I've only got into PC games in the last 8 weeks,
graphic quality and gameplay, the wow factor, damn what have I missed.

The type of games i'm into at the mo & played so far are, Call of Duty 2, Sniper elite, The Punisher, FEAR, The Regiment.
I think i'm off to a good start as i'm well into them.

Could not get into Doom 3, I just found it too dark, damn shame in a way
But i'm not knocking it.
I'm not really into racing games, but had a go on Need for speed most wanted, what can i say, excellent, best yet I've played.
Toca Race driver 3 was ok, but reminded me why I got put off from racing games, I'll stick with NFS.
Quake 4 I've only just got, not had the time to test it out yet.

got any favourites?

Thanks

DorisInsinuate
03-04-2006, 08:05 PM
X-COM: Apocalypse, Transport Tycoon. The oldies are the best.

peat moss
03-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Just installed Half-Life 2, its hard but fun reminds me of Halo and Resident Evil rolled into one . The bundled Counter Srike is ok too. The FIFA soccer is great too any version.

I know what you mean Celebs , I'v had a computer for years but just started to play games on it . Alot of workmates are playing Final Fantasy online thats all they talk about . :D

DorisInsinuate
03-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Ground Control and Starcraft <- another couple of great strategy games, coming from a guy who doesn't like strategy games :/

Swat 4 is good fun. Especially the bit where you can tase an old lady.

Wizard_Mon1
03-05-2006, 02:05 AM
it depends what king of style you like, mmoprg's are fun like city of heroes, first person shooters half life 2, far cry, if you like cod2 try battlefield 2 (very addictive :P) been getting into rts games recently.. dawn of war is good and battle for middle earth is decent as well. and if you want a generally good game i would go for gta san andreas...

silent h3ro
03-05-2006, 04:08 AM
I'm currently playing DoD: Source, Galactic Civilizations II (prolly the best turn based strategy game I've every played), Battlefield 2 and expansions, and Guild Wars is great too (no monthly fees). SWAT is awesome like already stated. Search on Gamespot and they have pretty accurate ratings on some good games.

S!X
03-05-2006, 04:13 AM
HL2
CS Source
DOD Source

I havent played FEAR yet but my friend says its some pretty crazy shit, I'll have to get it from him sometime. I guess id recommend that too if your comp has the balls to run it.

Buffalo
03-06-2006, 01:14 AM
Thanks for the info: :)

I've just had a go on half life 2, Very nice & runs great.
One hell of an install but well worth it, this ones to keep I think, just the type of game I'm looking for, Thanks guys :)

I've got FIFA 6, Far Cry, Swat 4 + Stetchkov Syndicate on the shopping list

Had a good bash on COD2 last night, bit of a job to tear myself away from it, that is just one cool game, and I've proved myself wrong about games.
I've got a PS2 and had it for quite some time, and it's sat there for quite some time as well, I used to play FF8, but all the other games I got I just could not get into at all.
But now after trying games on the PC it's been astonishing, It's a diferent feel all together, for the first time I can say things have changed, 'bout time :)

Sniper elite is just as good as COD2 in a way, if anyones into games like this go for it, you will not be disapointed.

@ LP - Get hold of FEAR, well cool.
It looks like the girl out the Ring, in game, She just appears when you lest expect it, with the sound turned up a bit, sure does give a good effect to the game, well Spooky!

@ Peat - FF8: that was the only game I used to play on the PS2
how sad was I ~ But not tried the online game, will have to take a look.
I did try to get into the other releases for the PS2 but did not like as much as 8, I got hold of a copy for the PC, but after playing the latest games available, I'll give it a miss now.
But you can see where i'm coming from, the games I've played previous to the last 8 weeks were previous to the Year 2000, I've missed out on whats been happening since, I'm just glad i've got the time now on my hands to enjoy them.

@ Dorris & Gam - I've got Swat 4 on my list, nice one, & thanks to Gam for the link to Gamespot, good site for info

@ Wizzard - now got Far Cry on the list, thanks.
GTA San Andreas, I've replaced my copy I did have for the PS2

(VENOM) PS2 CONTROLLER TO PC ADAPTOR
I've found a use for the PS2 joypads, I got a Venom USB Converter off eBay for £6, works great with rumble active as well.
works great on Toca race driver 3.

Now going to give Quake 4 a bash, I maybe gone for some time :)

Happy Gaming from celebs :)