PDA

View Full Version : UltraViolet

NeoTheOne
03-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Dissapointing, Trailer mislead me and my freinds and we went to see it the first day and was it dissapointing. there is no story line and no character development, just mindless fighting and mindless emotional scenes which dont even make sense. However the mindless fighting scenes are amamzing, there is this one with liek a chinese mafia WHOOO!!, all of them get owned. But just dont watch this movie in theathers, download it or sumthing else ... its horrible.

Busyman
03-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Dissapointing, Trailer mislead me and my freinds and we went to see it the first day and was it dissapointing. there is no story line and no character development, just mindless fighting and mindless emotional scenes which dont even make sense. However the mindless fighting scenes are amamzing, there is this one with liek a chinese mafia WHOOO!!, all of them get owned. But just dont watch this movie in theathers, download it or sumthing else ... its horrible.
It looked like Aeon Flux. I was gonna skip it anyway.

asmithz
03-05-2006, 07:09 PM
almost wasted my money to go see it... but luckly someone at work saw it and convinced me otherwise. I wish terrible movies would stop coming out.

sirbitter
03-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Awesome song on the trailer though... 24 by Jem. ;)

Guyver
03-07-2006, 02:58 AM
ill prolly just download it...its sumthni to watch...

Formula1
03-07-2006, 03:00 AM
meh, the only thing out now is a cam. i may watch it if the quality is viewable...

hippychick
03-09-2006, 02:35 PM
I saw this movie lastnight...
DOWNLOAD it dont waste your time or money in a theater lol..this movie was pure crap. It has cool special effects and thats all.
A very messed up plot (if you want to call it a plot lol) that goes in all directions and never makes any sense.

despikable
03-14-2006, 10:53 PM
this movie judging from trailers looks like crap. IT looks kind of like aeon flux which i never bothered to see but i know its still crap.

unistructure
03-15-2006, 03:27 AM
This movie lacked so much of a story, I wouldn't even say that its worth downloading. UltraViolet had so much potential in terms of the graphics and special effects, but the crappy storyline and choppy scenes make it an entire waste of time. The fight scenes aren't even worth watching either... theres one scene where she dodges bullets on a roof with a circle of Thai guys around her and she dodges the bullets so that they shoot each other. To sum it all up: THE MOVIE MAKES NO SENSE and it isn't worth watching AT ALL.

Wizard_Mon1
03-16-2006, 04:26 PM
I thought it was watchable for the action scenes, bit of a pointless plot but mila is quite convincing as a weird vampire woman, comparable to aeon flux in terms of a sexy woman who kicks ass. I guess it could be considered as a female rambo figure. But i guess over use of cgi destroys any likely hood of realism that as well as the fact that the plot didn't really have any depth means that this isn't a film that should be paid for! ;)

Damnatory
03-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Thats sad to hear, I was pretty stoked when I saw the preview for this one... Though I suppose with the scope of movies released lately, this one is probably still what I'll see this Sunday... ( I go to the theatre every Sunday. :D)

asmithz
03-17-2006, 07:05 AM
I thought it was watchable for the action scenes, bit of a pointless plot but mila is quite convincing as a weird vampire woman, comparable to aeon flux in terms of a sexy woman who kicks ass. I guess it could be considered as a female rambo figure. But i guess over use of cgi destroys any likely hood of realism that as well as the fact that the plot didn't really have any depth means that this isn't a film that should be paid for! ;)

I fianly got around to watching it, the action was terrible.

Lets some it up.... She walks in a room, a bunch of people surround her, she spins around, rolls on the floor a couple times, the bad guys die, and repeat for 2 hours.

ihatechunli
03-17-2006, 08:36 AM
testing..

ApacNTS
03-18-2006, 05:59 PM
i think it was so cleche action and over done cgi, i mean ive enjoyed animated movies more than that cgi work. milla did well and pulled off the stunts well. the rest of the actors werent that good at all, the stuntman who she beat the hell out of were way to rigid and showed themselves just waiting for her to hit them, not fluid at all. the main villian was a joke. if your thinking of seeing this..dont, rent it later.

100%
06-23-2006, 07:35 AM
Sorry to disagree with you guyz, I thought it was brilliant
the sound score was excellent, so pumped up and exagerrated it adds to the artificiality of the movie. The way they filmed it was the closest i have seen a cartoon depiction stay within the realms of cartoones.
It reminds somewhat of Aeon Flux style, but aeon flux is way to empty, in ultraviolet they flatened it out more so it works.
Do not watch a cam, there is an excellent version on bittorent. Use headphones or loud speakers.
as for the story i don't care...

RealitY
06-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Was going to watch this after seeing the commercials. However decided to take a quick look at IMDb and saw the low rating. The rating didnt throw me off yet as was suprised at how it was so decided to take a look at the trailer and gaaged at how awful it looked. Seems not watching this turned out to be a wise choice...

ilw
06-24-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm watching it now and its quite frankly stunning, I thought they'd stopped making films this bad years ago.
Check out the first scene (http://www.flange.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Files/UV_clip.avi)
Power rangers?

(NB i recompressed it which is why the quality is shite, the original telesync is good quality)

finnbar
06-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Not as bad as some critics make out but it really has an almost non existant storyline. Could have been so much better.

feygan
06-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Never really watched it, I got hold of it for a mate, but I think it was either flluds, isohunt, or torrentspy that there is a full dvd screener version avalible on.

100%
06-28-2006, 10:30 PM
in retro spect they should have cut it down to a 3 min music video.

Smith
06-29-2006, 03:25 AM
was Aeon Flux any good? I downloaded it and burned it to DVD some time ago..never got around to watching it.

100%
06-30-2006, 09:46 AM
not really, what is it with futuristic movies nowadays and making them totally sterile, uberclean as if designed by kraftwerk

Pho
07-09-2006, 08:15 PM
The movie just plain sucked. I wanted to see a movie not some homosexual videogame fighting cheese. Honestly, after she killed a group of enemies she'd go into some retarded videogame victory stance which even embarassed me.

Busyman™
01-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I just watched this movie last night and I noticed something.

If this movie was a foreign film with subtitles, all of you would have loved it.:dabs:

asari
01-10-2007, 01:33 PM
ehm... Well, I'm only guessing here, but I believe for some people it IS a foreign movie and a lot of people probably saw it with subtitles. It doesn't change the fact that it a horrible, horrible movie.

Busyman™
01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
ehm... Well, I'm only guessing here, but I believe for some people it IS a foreign movie and a lot of people probably saw it with subtitles. It doesn't change the fact that it a horrible, horrible movie.

Sorry I meant Japanese.

Gripper
01-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I liked it,I don't analyse movies to deeply,if they can entertain me for an hour or so,then they'll do,I also enjoyed DOA.

lightshow
01-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Well with DOA, I was really looking forward to the volleyball scene, but they didn't do as good a job as I hoped...

TYPE R
01-13-2007, 10:25 PM
it was shit dont bother dload it

Gripper
01-15-2007, 09:31 AM
it was shit dont bother dload it

Some films are no brainers,could you elaborate on why you disliked it?

It's got some lovely ladies in it,some good fight scenes it's just easy viewing.