PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy X-1

Ad
04-24-2003, 02:51 AM
heard a rumor they are coming out with a sequal to final fantsy X called final fantasy X-1 and Yuna looks like Laura Croft!! is this true?? if so when does it come out and does it come out on PS2?

RedRival
04-24-2003, 02:57 AM
:o . It's no rumour. It's FFX-2, not 1. The japanese version was released the beginning of last month and the north american release is predicted to be released november this year.

Yuna will start off as a gunsman although you can job interchange throughout the game with classes such as gambler, swordsman, archer etc. New characters include, Paine, Lene, Shuin and 2 other main charas which I can't be bothered finding out. Rikku is here to stay :D although Wakka and Lulu are not playable characters anymore.

I haven't educate myself on what the aim, or the storyline of FFX-2 is. But I can tell this for sure, it's no rumor, It's pretty BIG news for FF freaks like me :P AND as far as I know, ffx-2 is only gonna be on the PS2.

Ad
04-24-2003, 03:01 AM
COOOOOOl i cant wait then :D

IS Tidus in it??

RedRival
04-24-2003, 03:05 AM
If you played FFX, Tidus supposedly disappeared from the "dream" when the Fayth woke up. BUt after the credits roll, do you remember watching a short scene where tidus swims out of the water, towards the surface?? OK, I've heard rumours that Tidus is not gonna be playable obviously, although I think Yuna's quest is to search for Tidus...

But, Tidus is definitely not playable. Although as mentioned above, this Shuin person looks like Tidus's twin or some sorta. People smartly name him the Tidus lookalike and they don't really like him :blink: .

Ad
04-24-2003, 03:08 AM
yeah i remember the ending of final fantasy X wouldnt it be cool if they made a sequal to final fantasy VII? the ending on that was also one of those Empire strikes back endings.

nah its a shame Tidus is a playable charcter but anyway iut food to have new characters

RedRival
04-24-2003, 03:11 AM
Lucky you and me, Square Enix do have plans on doing FFVII-2. I have a news link to that somewhere, till then I'll keep you posted. :)

MagicNakor
04-24-2003, 03:12 AM
Bah. Final Fantasy shouldn't have sequals.

:ninja:

RedRival
04-24-2003, 03:19 AM
@MagicNakor

There was so much debate on that on the EOF forums ;) . But I generally do believe Final Fantasies are unique becuase they create a totally unique characters, settings, storylines and evironments. But sometimes I gott a admit that some Final Fantasies end too abruptly, and you wished it did never end :lol: . And, I think that's where the sequels play a part.

I support both the production of brand new final fantasies, as much as sequels.

Ad
04-24-2003, 03:32 AM
yes i think final fantas IX was probaly the only ending that actull was a ending i felt that ff 8 gamesplay sucked and the storyline was a coensacdence like how can they all be from the same uthanidge a drawing magic for hrs on end!!! but ff 7 was the best i i never wanted that to end :( as u say

RedRival
04-24-2003, 03:40 AM
Here's my personal opinion on all the Final Fantasies since the PSX to the PS2.

FFVII: Storyline was good; I liked the fact that everyone could use magic (materia) and use the aeons.
FFVIII: Characters were the best by far, gameplay was fairly good, nice attempt by squaresoft to implement the romanticism and that teenage feeling about it :D , I was 14 when I played FF8, and I loved how the characters were made.
FFIX: Kinda thought this was the worst FF :( . It was kinda made in a rush in my opinion. And, yes, it's the only FF that seems to have a tasteful ending, and I know I wun want more. Has the GAY-est set of characters. Zidane was gay but I though Garnet was heaps of levels above them.
FFX: Weee, the benchmark is here. Although it didn't impress me that much when I boot it up on my PS2 the first time around. Has a nice set of charas, fairly good story...it's kinda sitting on the fence among all the Final Fantasies. I loved the OST from the FFX album (Full piano collections), Melodies of Life from FF9, Love grows, eyes on me, fisherman's horizon are nice tracks from FF8 OST. Crystal theme and Airship tune on FF7 was great.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Ad
04-24-2003, 03:52 AM
I remembered when i beat the jeht on final fantasy X finally i thought the end i whent to fight Yevon and he killed me in one hit LOL i thew down the contoller and was just about to turn the PS2 off and give up then I saw auto life appear it was hillirious LOL

RedRival
04-24-2003, 03:56 AM
FFX is a shame, the Final Battle was so EZ because of Auto-Life and Yu Yevon was even more of a bitch. I owned him with one overdrive by auron. I trained my charas pretty hard. Yuna does 99,999 physical dmg and she completed everyone's sphere grid. Tidus missed out on Kimahri's. Auron's done all the sphere grids too :D . Yu Yevon was piss what was difficult was the battle against my own aeons because their evasion was soooo high. Not to mention I haven't defeated Dark aeons from Dark Bahamut and above.

Ad
04-24-2003, 04:03 AM
I actuly filled up all. the speare grid JEZ that must have taken hrs how much hrs did u play i think i had about 45hrs i could never get the Lv4 spears. the way i beat jeht was LOL yojbo overdrive payed him 2000000 dead one hit LOL

Ad
04-24-2003, 04:03 AM
I actuly filled up all. the speare grid JEZ that must have taken hrs how much hrs did u play i think i had about 45hrs i could never get the Lv4 spears. the way i beat jeht was LOL yojbo overdrive payed him 2000000 dead one hit LOL

RedRival
04-24-2003, 04:41 AM
I played about 60-70hrs. Hmm, 45 hrs, you should be of a decent lvl to kill Jecht or Yu Yevon without the use of Zanmato <_< . Mebbe cause you haven;t got the celestial weapons for your charas that&#39;s why their damage din exceed 9,999. :lol:

Blue_Seraphim
04-24-2003, 05:14 AM
Coolest part of FFX was the break damage ability and hp limit. Pity that they were of little use except for the monstor arena. The other great aspect was the ability to swap out characters during battle. It allowed for all characters to gain XP without falling behind. You could also make weapons that could be better than the ultimate weapons. The last fight was poor. Everyone was automatically auto phoenixed. Takes away from building up characters to have such a simple end boss.

RedRival
04-24-2003, 05:22 AM
I guess the building up part is meant for the dark aeons that is only available in PAL or international version. NTSC users build up so that they can finish the last 2 bosses in 1-2hits average, how sad <_< . I would prefer getting the celestial weapons then to customize my own because some of the abilities require so much crap just to obtain. Break Dmg Limit for instance, you need 70 Dark Matters do add it to a weapon. That;s psycho, it&#39;s amzingly rare and even if you no where to get&#39;em its tough, like you only get 1 dark mattr after defeating dark bahamut :blink: .

Blue_Seraphim
04-24-2003, 06:47 AM
I&#39;m pretty sure you can get 99 of them from the guy in the monstor arena.

RedRival
04-24-2003, 07:10 AM
yea after beating a crazily diffcult monster and 99 dark matters, that;s good enough to synthesis only one weapon with the break dmg limit ability. ;)

vegeta
04-24-2003, 01:16 PM
i last year downloaded a trailer of ffx-2 i thought that its second trailor of ffx and i downloaded then i saw that yuna with guns i and @ the end it told final fantast X-2 comming soon.

yuna does not looks like tomb raider but her role is like tomb raider :P