PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell

RedRival
04-24-2003, 08:51 AM
I went over the verified hashes for Splinter Cell in the forums earlier on and I figured that all the sig2dats were BIN'S and CUE's meaning an ISO of the game. Suppose I only want to play the game, running off my HDD and not on CD like you do on an ISO. Is 407393kb file of Splinter Cell something like that. Probably they ripped off some sounds, graphics, etc but the general game is still there, right?

Can anyone verify for me whether this 407393kb file is indeed the game? I don't mind if they ripped parts of the movies or sounds off.

swarnel
04-24-2003, 09:07 AM
that may be the size of one of the disc's ( because there are 3 in the game)

i dont think there are any real ripped copies of splinter cell on kazaa but if you search the requests i think theres a link to one of a website

RedRival what internet connection do u use cuz i live in australia too and im trying to find a faster connection

RedRival
04-24-2003, 09:09 AM
I live in Perth, WA, Metro Area.
I'm using Iprimus 56k and, yes, it's pretty gay. I'm still hoping on getting a ADSL connection...
I'm only 15, so I can't afford the monthly fees for DSL and neither do my parents allow :( .

swarnel
04-24-2003, 10:17 AM
yeah im on a 56k as well :(

but my parents are looking at getting me adsl from www.unlimiteddsl.com.au

vegeta
04-24-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by RedRival@24 April 2003 - 09:51
I went over the verified hashes for Splinter Cell in the forums earlier on and I figured that all the sig2dats were BIN'S and CUE's meaning an ISO of the game. Suppose I only want to play the game, running off my HDD and not on CD like you do on an ISO. Is 407393kb file of Splinter Cell something like that. Probably they ripped off some sounds, graphics, etc but the general game is still there, right?

Can anyone verify for me whether this 407393kb file is indeed the game? I don't mind if they ripped parts of the movies or sounds off.
there is no fun without sounds in the game ;)

the shift
04-24-2003, 09:06 PM
there are 3cds, i got mine off bittorent, in lil over 2hrs

but ur on 56k it will take u a few weeks

i once dl-ed ut2k which was 3cds off overnet on 56k and it took lil over a month, but by that time i had already bought the game.

U can find splintercell dl at http://forum.sharereactor.com/ , go to their forums because they had to move the file off their main directory because they were threaten by the game company to take it off or face a law suit

when u look for it make sure u spell it splint3r c3ll, they had to filter it so that they dont show up in search engines as part of the agreement.

shoot just type in splinter cell it might just filter it for u.

sharereactor is a bit slow during the day because of limited bandwith so its best to cruise around there at nite when not so many ppl are using it.

well ur an aussie so i dont know when ur time is but like after 5pm pst or 8est usa timezone.

RedRival
04-24-2003, 11:42 PM
And what does Shareactor use for it's downloads?? Is it eMule or EdonKey or what? If you would kindly put a link for this fileshare program, :lol: .

the shift
04-25-2003, 12:05 AM
ok sry, i thought ppl knew it already

it uses all them edonkey, emule and overnet

id suggest u go ahead and get overnet its the faster more reliable p2p network around. It may take u longer then kazza but its the best.

gosh no one looks up anything for themselves anymore

www.overnet.com

get the gui program, then look up the file u want on www.sharereactor.com, and click the dl link

u can search the forum for more dls that dont make it to the front page.

RedRival
04-25-2003, 12:23 AM
Thanks, but after being a while in this forums, you get a bit spoon-fed and spoilt. :lol:

neilandtracy
04-25-2003, 12:27 AM
Hey "the shift" did you have any problems with the splinter cell that you got off of Bittorent? I also got my splinter cell from there but had problems with the cue file of cd2 so I converted it to iso and still had problems. Just wondering if it all worked out for ya? :beerchug:

the shift
04-25-2003, 02:30 AM
yeah thats a simple fix, no need to turn anything into an iso, thats just a big waste of time.

nero had an error in the .cue because, if i remeber correctly the problem with the .cue was in the first line it read something like

FILE "d:/SC2.BIN" BINARY

which there should be no root directory such as d:/ in there so i fixed it to the following.

FILE "SC2.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

Make sure that u rename the filename in the "quotes" to the correct name of the splinter cell cd2 bin your trying to copy. You can open .cue files with notepad. Make sure u save changes to the .cue and then go back into nero burning rom, and u can either do open, and select the .cue, or burn image and select the .cue. And make sure that "file of type" near the bottom is selected to the "All Files {*.*}".

Hope u didnt delete the bin or .cue because that was the only problem, game works great. You can always copy what i put up there it should work, just make sure thats the correct file name of the .bin. Im pretty sure it is.

glad to be of service :)

the shift
04-25-2003, 02:31 AM
all man u cant copy what i put up there because it deleted the spaces that are infront of lines 2 & 3, so just rename the filename thats in the "quotes"

the shift
04-25-2003, 03:04 AM
hehe ok im such a spammer i should just edit my post but o well to late

FILE "SC2.bin" BINARY
==TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
====INDEX 01 00:00:00

the = stand for spaces

if u see (2) == means 2 spaces
(4) ==== mean 4spaces

neilandtracy
04-25-2003, 04:19 AM
lol ok man I'll see if it works for me. I'll let ya know the results in a bit. thanks man :beerchug:

neilandtracy
04-25-2003, 05:18 AM
Well you were close "the shift" I had to change the file to "FLT-SC2.BIN" but you got me on the right track. Thanks :beerchug:

neilandtracy
04-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Can some please tell me how to apply the no-cd crack for splinter cell? I've tried a few diffrent ways with no luck. Thanks :beerchug:

punkerforgod
04-25-2003, 05:46 PM
You copy the crack into the directory where your Splinter-Cell icon is. It should propmt you that a file is going to be overwriten. Click yes and there you have it. :D

*EDITED* typo

the shift
04-25-2003, 08:32 PM
or since the last cd is the play cd but the reason it wont register/autoplay it is because it has the crack folder located in it. So just go into ur cd and copy all the files/folders onto another cd, but leaving out the "crack" folder and it should work fine.

the shift
04-25-2003, 08:33 PM
unless u really just hate having the cd in ur comp, then the crack is helpful