PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever Watched Century City?

Busyman
03-16-2006, 06:18 AM
I know it's old ('04) but it's pretty good.

I'm watching one about a girl's family suing 'cause the child safety chip implanted within' their daughter screwed up and she was abducted.

Another one I watched was about a college baseball player that lost his eyesight in one eye and sues the professional baseball to gain entry into the league. His eyesight was corrected using bionics technology which the league banned.

Universal HD shows some decent old TV shows.:happy:

MagicNakor
03-16-2006, 07:11 AM
I saw the baseball one and the designer baby one. I think there was one other, but I'm not sure which it was.

:shuriken:

Busyman
03-16-2006, 07:29 AM
I saw the baseball one and the designer baby one. I think there was one other, but I'm not sure which it was.

Designer baby?

I see I have one I tivoed called

"Sweet Child Of Mine"

A physician at a fertility clinic is sued by a couple who claim he delberately failed to tell them their unborn child is gay.

I didn't know I had that recorded. :huh: That sounds like the designer baby one.

MagicNakor
03-16-2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah, that's the one. His clinic specializes in choosing favourable attributes for the kids.

Busyman
03-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, that's the one. His clinic specializes in choosing favourable attributes for the kids.

Yeah I finished it earlier. Pretty good show.

I noticed the actor that played the quirky lawyer (the comic relief) played basically the same cynical character in the TV show "Starved".

MagicNakor
03-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Haha, that's a good show. They've only just started airing it on Showcase though.

Busyman
03-17-2006, 10:21 AM
Haha, that's a good show. They've only just started airing it on Showcase though.

Yeah I like how it debates "the hard questions" with a futuristic spin.

I just finished the end of "The Face Was Familiar" about a boy that was having severe emotional problems due to being traumitized by his alcoholic mother for years. The father wanted to give him a drug that wiped out his memory of her. She sued.

The other story was about a couple on the "smart freeway" banging each other and was seen by another vehicle full of kids. The driver of the kids sued for 20 mil citing emotional stress.

It seems the smart freeway takes over and the driver doesn't have to "drive". That allowed the couple to have sex.

I don't even remember this show coming on the first time around. I musta been on NBC since it's on (NBC) Universal HD now. It could have also been on USA network since it's owned by NBC Universal too (along with Sci-Fi Channel).

MagicNakor
03-18-2006, 04:45 AM
I was referring to Starved with that post. Century City I liked, but due to the times it was on (pretty sure it got shifted at least once), I never really got a chance to see more than a couple episodes.

Wish I could move my TV back into the computer room, but that would be a lot of work with this new place. Then again, most of what's playing isn't worth watching.

Busyman
03-18-2006, 04:50 AM
I was referring to Starved with that post. Century City I liked, but due to the times it was on (pretty sure it got shifted at least once), I never really got a chance to see more than a couple episodes.

Wish I could move my TV back into the computer room, but that would be a lot of work with this new place. Then again, most of what's playing isn't worth watching.

Yeah Starved was canceled.:dry: I really liked that show. It came on after another good that has been re-upped called It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

I just loved the eating disorder motivational lady. She was classic.:lol: :lol:

She could reduce anyone down to a speck of dust when she'd get started.

ttoomm
03-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Havent Watched It!!