PDA

View Full Version : How to record your videogame and add music?

mr. nails
03-19-2006, 10:31 PM
what's a good way to record a videogame on the pc and after you have that then add in some music? i have fraps, but u have to buy it to get full options. i really want to do this so maybe i will buy fraps... is there a free version of something else out there to record? then, after u have recorded ur video how do u add music? my plan is to record some domination in css then add in some death metal and make a cute little video. someone has some expertise on this? thx!

colt45joe
03-20-2006, 12:23 AM
you could download fraps on some torrent sites...

Then also download Adobe premiere 2.0 on some torrent site...

so you record video with fraps, and in adobe premiere you can edit it/add some music.

ApacNTS
03-20-2006, 12:43 AM
i wondered how this is done actually. what component would i need to have both audio and video from an xbox recorded onto my computer? would that same thing allow me to play my xbox on my monitor as well?

silent h3ro
03-20-2006, 02:29 AM

so you record video with fraps, and in adobe premiere you can edit it/add some music.I agree with him. I have both fraps and Adobe Premier 2.0 and its a great combo for making/editing ur games.

suprafreak6
03-20-2006, 02:41 AM
a cap card would help

silent h3ro
03-20-2006, 02:42 AM
i wondered how this is done actually. what component would i need to have both audio and video from an xbox recorded onto my computer? would that same thing allow me to play my xbox on my monitor as well?If ur talking about Xbox 1 then no, you would need a separate adapter to play ur Xbox on ur monitor which costs damn near $150 to purchase which is fucking expensive. You will need a video component card for ur computer to record ur Xbox I believe.

EDIT: yea a capture card like supra said is what I was thinking of...

suprafreak6
03-20-2006, 02:43 AM
idiota get on aim

mr. nails
03-20-2006, 09:40 AM

so you record video with fraps, and in adobe premiere you can edit it/add some music.
awesome! ur sweet! thx!

GepperRankins
03-20-2006, 11:28 AM
there's a program called game cam (http://www.planetgamecam.com/). when it works it pwns fraps in every direction, but the only game i've ever got it to work on is guild wars :dabs:

mr. nails
03-21-2006, 05:02 PM
what's the differece between adobe premiere 2 and 7? i figure 7 would be better, but u recommend 2. lol, just get 2?

GepperRankins
03-21-2006, 05:06 PM
premiere's a bitch. sony vegas owns the shit out of it

silent h3ro
03-22-2006, 01:26 AM
what's the differece between adobe premiere 2 and 7? i figure 7 would be better, but u recommend 2. lol, just get 2?Wtf are u smoking... there is no Adobe Premiere 7. Adobe Premiere 2 is the latest out.

@gep - Never heard of SOny Vegas but I might have to try it out now.

GepperRankins
03-22-2006, 01:51 AM
what's the differece between adobe premiere 2 and 7? i figure 7 would be better, but u recommend 2. lol, just get 2?Wtf are u smoking... there is no Adobe Premiere 7. Adobe Premiere 2 is the latest out.

@gep - Never heard of SOny Vegas but I might have to try it out now.
it just feels more ummmm.... dunno. is natural the word? :unsure:

you don't have to fanny about with cropping and scaling your stuff or pissing around if two parts don't match on anything.

speeding up, slowing down, cross fading etc is as simple as stretching the corners of clips in your video.

premiere may be a lot better, but i just got sick of it when i couldn't work out how to scale up the framesize of a particular clip :dabs:

mr. nails
03-22-2006, 05:44 AM
Wtf are u smoking... there is no Adobe Premiere 7. Adobe Premiere 2 is the latest out.
ok, i'll never mind these 175 seeds for premiere 7 then. what is the file size for ur premiere 2?

GepperRankins
03-22-2006, 01:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Premiere_Pro

LegendaryU2K
03-22-2006, 04:11 PM
You need a beast of a computer to do it, i just gave up.

:(

colt45joe
03-23-2006, 03:03 AM
what's the differece between adobe premiere 2 and 7? i figure 7 would be better, but u recommend 2. lol, just get 2?

adobe went through
Adobe Premiere 1-7

then the version after 7 was:

Adobe Premiere Pro

and so now,
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 is the latest.

sony vegas is the best video editing software...but I'm not that comfortable with it, I'm just used to using premiere...But I'm trying to get into Sony Vegas.. you can try out adobe premiere and Vegas, see which one you like.
And then there is Avid(I'm really not comfortable with that program) which is what i guess moviemakers use? or at least people that make commercials on tv, i dunno.. its complicated.

mr. nails
03-23-2006, 05:50 AM

adobe went through
Adobe Premiere 1-7

then the version after 7 was:

Adobe Premiere Pro

and so now,
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 is the latest.
awesome. thx for clearing that up.

mr. nails
03-25-2006, 10:48 AM
someone knows how to clean up registry for fraps? i had installed the demo of fraps and then uninstalled it to install the retail version. now, the retail version doesn't work at all. installed, but when i go to access it it doesn't do anything. doesn't even cum up. so, i figure something is still left on hd maybe in reg stating i had the demo and the retail won't work. help?!

mr. nails
04-09-2006, 05:31 PM
i still can't find out where to clean. i can't find out where fraps is being stored. i've tried googling, but all i found was other ppl trying to figure out the same thing. any help is obliged.

GepperRankins
04-09-2006, 06:52 PM
fraps is a bitch. one license will work on only one PC on a network :smilie4:

dunno if that helps

Cheese
04-12-2006, 08:01 AM
there's a program called game cam (http://www.planetgamecam.com/). when it works it pwns fraps in every direction, but the only game i've ever got it to work on is guild wars :dabs:

Game cam works with Oblivion as well, it's a little tempermental though.

dedset
04-19-2006, 11:46 PM
Another great alternative I found the other day is WiseCAM, not free but it supports xvid encoding/audio track input and a myriad of other options fraps and others cannot match.

mr. nails
04-20-2006, 04:50 AM
Another great alternative I found the other day is WiseCAM, not free but it supports xvid encoding/audio track input and a myriad of other options fraps and others cannot match.
does it support sound if ur headphones are plugged in? lol, fraps does not. gay.

twister
04-25-2006, 11:22 PM
i got an older hacked version of fraps i think, it works great, and it is easy to install because its pre-registered

fraps records nice, i made a pvp video in world of warcraft with it and sony vegas

as far as vegas vs adobe premier goes, I like adobe better, its easier to use and it's really powerfull.