PDA

View Full Version : Converting VOB Files

Champ
03-20-2006, 01:54 AM
I am trying to make a highlight tape for my friend to use as a college recruiting tape. He has all of his matches on a dvd which has about 20 VOB files on it (1 for each match) It will not play in my standalone DVD player, if it did I could just capture it on the computer from there. I can play it in VideoLan, but I need the files to be in WAV or AVI format to use them. Is there any way I can do that? I tried DVD decryptor, but it just turns them into an iso image... thanks

rnanker
03-20-2006, 02:01 AM
you can change the options in dvd decryptor so it saves them as files rather than image. or use dvd shrink.

Champ
03-20-2006, 02:27 AM
alright, thanks

EDIT: When I save as all files, it saves as an ISO image, and when I try to use DVD shrink it says something about the format... which is all VOB's nothing else just a bunch of VOBs

fkdup74
03-20-2006, 03:50 AM
you can change the options in dvd decryptor so it saves them as files rather than image. or use dvd shrink.
It still saves them as VOBs, you tit. :happy:

EDIT: When I save as all files, it saves as an ISO image, and when I try to use DVD shrink it says something about the format... which is all VOB's nothing else just a bunch of VOBs
You need to add some structure to them. IFO files and BUPs and such.
Try IFOEdit or VOBEdit. Google it.

harrycary
03-21-2006, 12:51 AM
here's a nice tutorial on using Vobedit and Ifoedit to create a DVD from Vob files.

http://forum.videohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=120021

Champ
03-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks alot, then I'll just burn it onto a DVD and capture it on the computer.