PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142

mike45450
03-22-2006, 12:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-DnK-d_sp0

Thoughts? Personally i like the story, but i probably won't get it coz my PC sucks and i have no room for like, anything anyway.

Smith
03-22-2006, 12:32 AM
I definatly wont be buying it. EA sucks. Ive had enuff with them.

silent h3ro
03-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Talk about milking a franchise, but it does look kinda cool. Wish thier games weren't so fucking buggy.

@TheCanuk... wtf.

captain_azad
03-22-2006, 10:47 AM
story looks good....but then again what story? none of the battlefields really have had a story to it, just multiplayer fps action. And ya, buggy as hell (that's why I stayed away from BF2 thank god).

DorisInsinuate
03-22-2006, 12:51 PM
I've never bought a Battlefield game, because they've never had giant robots in them. I may consider buying this one.

zenkimods
03-22-2006, 04:13 PM
I dont like it! I mean reminds me too much of halo and the terminator. I love bf2, and if i wanted to play some futuristic fps ill play halo.

What they are doing is adding too many vehichles to a FPS game, instead of concentrating on JUST fps. I dunno just my $.02

ApacNTS
03-22-2006, 10:23 PM
kinda have to agree on some points here, it's overdone, looks like it's been influenced by everything else on the market. mech's always make me think of armored core or robocop. doesnt look to be about the soldiers as much as the vehicles, and the view from the cockpit on the field is horrible. that could all change, who knows maybe the mech's are just something they stole from metal gear 4 for fun.

Seedler
03-22-2006, 11:16 PM
wow that does look good.

Hope it has SM3.0 and HDR:P

silent h3ro
03-23-2006, 02:46 AM
Looks like its using the bf2 engine...

colt45joe
03-23-2006, 03:10 AM
it is. They're are tweaking the physics a bit, for the mechs, and new things.. and i think thats it..

black96gtvert
03-23-2006, 03:20 AM
good story but graphics look:idunno:

silent h3ro
03-23-2006, 03:24 AM
it is. They're are tweaking the physics a bit, for the mechs, and new things.. and i think thats it..Proves that EA is a rich, lazy corporation trying to milk thier best concepts so they make the most money as easy as possible rather than trying to make creative new games. Although I would still consider this game. :unsure:

Mad Cat
03-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Mechs kick ass. If Microsoft won't make another Battletech game this'll have to do.

Smith
03-24-2006, 02:28 AM
I said what I said because I work for the BF2 community. I run a mod and am pretty well known all around.

Time and time again mods I have worked for have been shortchanged because of EA's money grabbing antics.

Its the normal BF2 engine with a few grafic tweeks (like BFV<BF42)

Roet
03-25-2006, 10:09 AM
I hope that it doens't look like plastic, you got that quite alot with the new games. Like Halo 1 on the PC, doesn't have that feel other games have. It all looks fo fake. UT2003 did it alot better in my opinion, it all feels more 'real'.

I hope they change the gameplay a bit, and not just replace the mech model with the tank model :P

silent h3ro
03-27-2006, 11:56 PM
@TheCanuk....

it is. They're are tweaking the physics a bit, for the mechs, and new things.. and i think thats it..

Skiz
11-03-2006, 04:48 AM
OK, I'm completely baffled by this game. I've never any of the Battlefield games and maybe that's why. But is there no campaign? Even the 'Single Play' seems like it's just multiplayer, but against the computer.

Are there no missions, objectives, n stuff??? All I'm doing is capturing flags. :huh:

GepperRankins
11-03-2006, 05:55 PM
OK, I'm completely baffled by this game. I've never any of the Battlefield games and maybe that's why. But is there no campaign? Even the 'Single Play' seems like it's just multiplayer, but against the computer.

Are there no missions, objectives, n stuff??? All I'm doing is capturing flags. :huh:
yup. that's battlefield. the series time line goes like this

battlefield 1942
<remove alternative gameplay modes>
battlefield vietnam
<remove bots/co-operative>
battlefield 2
<add advertising>
battlefield 2142
<remove free will?>
battlefield 3

the series has been going down hill since EA realised the game works. we still buy into it though :ermm: