PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about starting a UT 2007 mod...

Smith
03-22-2006, 12:31 AM
The engine is pretty much the most capable engine ever. I have a few friends over the interweb that are interested in making a mod with me. I've lead a few before in my spare time (which I have none of anymore)

UT 2007 is going to be released in about a year so we figure if we make a few models and whatnot every month we will have a huge mod when its released.

We want to base it around some type of turf wars between rival gangs. Its just an idea right now, but with mods like Red Orchistra for UT2004, this could be something great.

Just wondering if any of the nerds here would like to give some input onto this. Possible weapons, vehicals, story lines?

Right now I can only think of a few things that would be in it.

-67 Impala
-Glock 19 auto
-Some sort of Cadilac

Need ideas for cars, I want lots of drivable things in this mod.

Anyways...

Guyver
03-22-2006, 03:59 AM
The engine is pretty much the most capable engine ever. I have a few friends over the interweb that are interested in making a mod with me. I've lead a few before in my spare time (which I have none of anymore)

UT 2007 is going to be released in about a year so we figure if we make a few models and whatnot every month we will have a huge mod when its released.

We want to base it around some type of turf wars between rival gangs. Its just an idea right now, but with mods like Red Orchistra for UT2004, this could be something great.

Just wondering if any of the nerds here would like to give some input onto this. Possible weapons, vehicals, story lines?

Right now I can only think of a few things that would be in it.

-67 Impala
-Glock 19 auto
-Some sort of Cadilac

Need ideas for cars, I want lots of drivable things in this mod.

Anyways...

A GIANT TRICYCLE!!!

suprafreak6
03-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Or A Giant Unicycle!

GepperRankins
03-26-2006, 10:58 PM
black mariahs, with murderholes where the bulletproof glass normally is :01:

strategic objectives that aren't neccessery but make the game more intersting and increase the turf war feel. like holding a crackden gets you income and actually having to go into gun shops to get the best guns.

ApacNTS
03-27-2006, 03:01 AM
bring in the garand rifle from call of duty, old rifles are cheap, that's all you can afford when u are starting out. sure as hell dont feel like loading up the gun powder and packing down the paper, before loading in a metal slug, i mean thats just going too far for one shot.

edit: fixed the gun name.

silent h3ro
03-27-2006, 03:34 AM
'68 camaro (sig :) )...yeaaa oh yea and glock sounds cool with an ak-47 combo. :)

Smith
03-28-2006, 02:26 AM
Ive got a basic story line, and about 4 peoples promises(from current projects) that they wana help out with it.

Im going for a realistic feel in a arcady enviroment. Ironsights, real damage, the whole 9 yards.

Different neighbourhoods.

Ive also decieded that the mod will base heavily around the cars, so Im expecting to see alot of different models, new and old.

Basic gun list is made up, consists of about 10 melee weapons, 8 pistols, 6 smgs and 5 assault rifles so far.

These gangs are going to be well equiped, from the traditional Tech 9 to the new SCAR.

ttoomm
03-28-2006, 02:29 AM
WAT program u need to create a mod??

silent h3ro
03-28-2006, 03:01 AM
Damn it sounds so tight hopefully you guys follow through with the mod. I will definitely be following up on ur mod as ur progress develops. If you are truly serious about this project you should set up a website that shows development.

silent h3ro
03-28-2006, 03:01 AM
WAT program u need to create a mod??Unreal Editor.

Seedler
03-28-2006, 05:28 PM
Make a cs mod for ut2007:p

ApacNTS
03-28-2006, 09:31 PM
another mod i can add to my list of things to play when my precious is finished :)

Smith
04-02-2006, 02:37 AM
We wont start it for a few months still. A website wont be up till atleast the summer, but I do beleive were going through with it.

I am currently learning how to model, Its quite a neet process. I will show you what im working on in a few weeks.

cpt_azad
04-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Sweet, best of luck to you and ya hope you follow thru with it cuz it does sound like a good idea.