PDA

View Full Version : Robot Chicken

captain_azad
03-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Has anyone seen this series?

I've heard nothing but good about it, I'm downloading season1, apparently its created by Seth Green (?) and friends, I believe he is also a co-creator/producer of Family Guy.

It's supposedly a sketch comedy done with...get this...action figures in stop animation, and supposedly the result is nothing short of fucking hilarious.

I was also told that you need to know a lot of the late 70's early 80's shows and things from that era since a lot of it has to do w/ it (the show was targeted for an age group of 25-30).

Your thoughts on this show? (before I watch it lol, its downloading at 20 kb/s :(:(:( slowest yet, its 2.1gb).

Yes, it has optimus prime in it.

DorisInsinuate
03-27-2006, 11:55 AM
It's funny, but takes a bit of watching to really get into it.

captain_azad
03-27-2006, 11:56 AM
It's funny, but takes a bit of watching to really get into it.

Ya, I heard theres a lot of "random" things that happen between main skits :blink: (family guy anyone?)

DorisInsinuate
03-27-2006, 12:03 PM
I think it's a bit more violent than Family Guy.

Seth Green, by the way.

http://snlyou.jt.org/pics/sgreen.jpg

captain_azad
03-27-2006, 12:10 PM
I think it's a bit more violent than Family Guy.

Seth Green, by the way.

http://snlyou.jt.org/pics/sgreen.jpg

ah, the guy that does the voice of chris on family guy, right?

more violence = more better (only if done right) :)

mr. nails
03-27-2006, 12:25 PM
yeah, i started watching this from the beginning. u'll need 2 get the christmas special, extras and behind the scenes. it's not violent at all. it just shows stuff like transformers and he-man talking shit and funny skits. great stuff for sure. i agree, it's targeted around the 30 year old age group. awaiting season 2, but not sure if it's gonna happen. :(

captain_azad
03-27-2006, 04:09 PM
yeah, i started watching this from the beginning. u'll need 2 get the christmas special, extras and behind the scenes. it's not violent at all. it just shows stuff like transformers and he-man talking shit and funny skits. great stuff for sure. i agree, it's targeted around the 30 year old age group. awaiting season 2, but not sure if it's gonna happen. :(

Damn, a second season would be pretty sweet, I just watched one ep quickly (VLC, not the whole ep, just a bit) seems damn funny.

Still 2 hours left till it finishes (slowest download ever :( )

It'll be done after I get back from school :D

Cheese
03-27-2006, 04:38 PM
It's a good show but it does rely on the references for laughs rather than actual comedy a lot of the time. I find it funny because I get all the references, I guess that also appeals to my elitist side. :snooty:

SeaderX
03-29-2006, 08:23 PM
I saw this show for download awhile ago and it did seem worth a download.

Even more so if it has Optimus Prime in.

--
SeaderX

muchspl3
03-30-2006, 05:57 AM
it is
he was on stern if you get Sirius or listen live during the day through streamerp2p (or even dl his show)
he was not so upset about four kings being canned but said its 100 on for robot chicken, new DVDs coming out soon, he said they went crazy with the extras and easter eggs
can't wait

cpt_azad
03-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Watched all the eps, wow, I got most of the references, and they were pretty hilarious. I loved the repeated GI-Joe references, definitely worth the download, even so for dvd.

mr. nails
04-03-2006, 09:19 AM
season two has started!

cpt_azad
04-03-2006, 10:14 PM
season two has started!

schweet...or is that an april fool's joke?

Evil_Monkey
04-04-2006, 02:30 AM
season two has started!

schweet...or is that an april fool's joke?

liesss :yikes:
it realy doesn't start till April 7th

Evil_Monkey
04-04-2006, 02:36 AM
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/robotchicken/index.html

and if you want to watch clips or more behind the scenes clips of the show :D
the clip to the new episode Easter Basket to season 2 is pretty funny by itself :lol:

http://www.adultswim.com/clips/index.html

mr. nails
04-04-2006, 05:14 AM
um, i have ep 1 of season two. so, fight it if u will. i have it. good times. just letting u ppl know. thx.

cpt_azad
04-04-2006, 05:32 AM
i hate you so very much right now mr.nails :P

The Flying Cow
04-05-2006, 01:42 AM
so for my 17-year-old nephew this show would be dry?

would he be missing most of the humour, and therefore find it dull?

cpt_azad
04-05-2006, 05:58 AM
I just turned 18 a few months ago, I know most of the references. It all depends on how much your nephew knows, more likely how much he knows on the nostalgic times.

Formula1
04-06-2006, 10:36 AM
i just downloaded season one, and have seen the first five episodes, and this show seems alright, i'll try and watch the rest later..