PDA

View Full Version : M$ to buy out PSP?!

mr. nails
04-10-2006, 09:30 AM
o yeah, lol, let it happen!

Sold (http://pspupdates.qj.net/Will-Microsoft-Buy-Out-Sony-s-PS-Consoles-/pg/49/aid/17307)

cpt_azad
04-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Not likely.

Recently, I've been regretting buying the 360. The honest truth is I have only bought one game for 360...it's just sitting there. The most I do with it is play halo2 or Ghost Recon on it which I have left over from the old xbox, and Ghost which is the only game I bought. I usually borrow my friend's 360 game(s) when he's done with them.

There really aren't any games worth buying for 360 in my opinion so far. Maybe later on, but for now, it's utterly useless (to me). Here's hoping Halo3 and the next Splinter Cell will be worth it.

I am not gonna pay for games that aren't even next gen yet (you have these games coming out these days that are multi platform and not exclusive to 360, which really doesnt make it next gen now does it?).

I think I'll wait until October or something until I actually start to build my 360 library, until then, my 360 will just be a nice looking white thing on my table :) (bragging rights lol).

If the PS3 is worth it, I might buy it once the rush dies down, there's no point in paying however much money it'll cost when you can get it for substantially less, that's what I did with 360 (not to mention I got a discount on it since my friend works at Wal-Mart).

Seriously though, I really really hope Halo3 will be worth it or else I wasted 500 dollars, unless by a miracle, some "good" exclusive games come out for 360 by then.

Barbarossa
04-10-2006, 11:42 AM
I wasted 500 dollars

This is the only part of your post that I understand. :blink:

mr. nails
04-10-2006, 11:47 AM
there's no point in paying however much money it'll cost when you can get it for substantially less...
sure there is. always buy consoles when they first cum out. ALWAYS! why? well, ebay of course. wanna triple ur money? there u go.

also, lol, why'd u even buy a 360? u even said it urself.

There really aren't any games worth buying for 360...

Guillaume
04-10-2006, 11:48 AM
I wasted 500 dollars

This is the only part of your post that I understand. :blink:
287.41 £

:unsure:

cpt_azad
04-10-2006, 11:55 AM
sure there is. always buy consoles when they first cum out. ALWAYS! why? well, ebay of course. wanna triple ur money? there u go.

also, lol, why'd u even buy a 360? u even said it urself.

There really aren't any games worth buying for 360...
Excellent point, forgot to post that. My friend (same one that lends me games) bought a 360 on Nov. 22nd, sold it to someone on ebay a week later (got bored w/ 360 lmfao, i mean no games were really out on launch) for 1200 canadian...think about that for a second.

He recently bought it again because he bought a DLP TV, wanted something to go along with it.

As far as I know, PS3 won't see that shortage problem though, and if they keep their word, then no one will be buying on ebay since they can get it for retail anywhere that PS3's are sold.....if they keep their word.

I bought it right before Spring Break began, because:

1) Halo3, need I say more?
2) I might not have the money when H3 comes out
3) I didn't (and still don't) think the price of 360 will go down substantially enough, it'll hover around the 450-500 for a while (canadian)
4) Discount (he quit wal-mart after spring break and told me that if I wanted discount, that would be the time)

I realize my mistake now, and if I try to sell it someone I won't make back the money I spent on it (no shit). But like I said, let's wait and see, either way I would have bought this thing just for H3, just a question of when.

@Barbarossa, I think the whole barbie thing is getting to your head, if you can't read a simple post....ya lay off the barbies dude :)

And if it's because I put it in canadian currency...umm ya, ok, I'm sorry I didn't change that to English currency oh great master who knows all :(

Barbarossa
04-10-2006, 12:06 PM
When I said "understand", I might have meant "agree with" :pinch:

Ignore the frenchman, he's trying to muddy the waters.

cpt_azad
04-10-2006, 12:18 PM

I see...

Guillaume
04-10-2006, 12:42 PM

Not at all. Your post was unclear and I mocked that.

On the subject of buying consoles the day they come on the market, I don't do that anymore since I bought the PS2. Emotion Engine, my ass.
Sure, in the meantime they have learned how to use it and you get a really good game once in a while, but the PS2 is just a nifty DVD player to me.

3RA1N1AC
04-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Emotion Engine, my ass.
Blast Processing!

Guillaume
04-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Man, I completely forgot about blast processing.

Oh, how I miss you, my little Mode 7. :cry:

Mr. Mulder
04-11-2006, 06:00 PM
im toying with the idea of purchasing a PSP, but wouldn't want to get one if a new model is due out? Bought my brother a DS a few months back and now some DS lite things coming out <_<

...is there a new PSP model due out anytime soon? (didn't want to start a thread so cawkjacking this one :dabs: )

Guillaume
04-11-2006, 07:41 PM
im toying with the idea of purchasing a PSP, but wouldn't want to get one if a new model is due out? Bought my brother a DS a few months back and now some DS lite things coming out <_<

...is there a new PSP model due out anytime soon? (didn't want to start a thread so cawkjacking this one :dabs: )There are rumors, but Sony has been silent on the subject.

Mr. Mulder
04-11-2006, 07:42 PM
oic. :dabs:

silent h3ro
04-11-2006, 11:48 PM

...is there a new PSP model due out anytime soon? (didn't want to start a thread so cawkjacking this one :dabs: )There are rumors, but Sony has been silent on the subject.No I doubt it. They are planning to make a second PSP already tho and they hired some guys to work on the idea and later develop it.

@azad- What about PGR3 and NFS: Most Wanted??? :cry: Idk how good ur computer is but also Oblivion kicks MAJOR ass on the 360. :)

Oh yea and I think I accepted ur friend request, azad (not sure... haven't seen the 360 dash in a while, lol) but I'm hooked on Oblivion right now....same with suprafreak.:frusty:

cpt_azad
04-12-2006, 05:13 AM
There are rumors, but Sony has been silent on the subject.No I doubt it. They are planning to make a second PSP already tho and they hired some guys to work on the idea and later develop it.

@azad- What about PGR3 and NFS: Most Wanted??? :cry: Idk how good ur computer is but also Oblivion kicks MAJOR ass on the 360. :)

Oh yea and I think I accepted ur friend request, azad (not sure... haven't seen the 360 dash in a while, lol) but I'm hooked on Oblivion right now....same with suprafreak.:frusty:
Ya Oblivion looks quite interesting, unfortanately PGR3 and NFS:MW are kind of games that I'll play for 2 days and lose interest, was never that "into" racing games, perhaps for online maybe.

Main reason why I haven't picked up Oblivion is because if I do I'm f'ed, this is my last year in high school I gotta really focus on my marks, I don't even have time to watch TV anymore ffs :( But I think the worst of all about all this school stuff is that I can't even play guitar anymore, I don't have the time or energy anmore after the day is over :( :'( bastards.

orcutt989
04-12-2006, 10:43 PM
You guys can talk about xbox 360 all you want, but everybody knows that when the PS3 launches, sales are going to pwnz0rz anything having to do with microsoft. Wonder why they are waiting to launch Halo 3? Hmm:blink:

cpt_azad
04-12-2006, 11:26 PM
You guys can talk about xbox 360 all you want, but everybody knows that when the PS3 launches, sales are going to pwnz0rz anything having to do with microsoft. Wonder why they are waiting to launch Halo 3? Hmm:blink:

1) To make profit when PS3 launches (as you implied in your post)
2) Ever contemplate that it might not even be finished yet? Why would Bungie release a rushed product anyway, especially something as big as Halo3.

silent h3ro
04-13-2006, 12:29 AM

2) Ever contemplate that it might not even be finished yet? Why would Bungie release a rushed product anyway, especially something as big as Halo3.I DOUBT its done already. When Halo 2 was in the end of production, Bungie said they could have spent so much more time adding and tweaking things. I bet Halo 3 will be a late release if anything....

cpt_azad
04-13-2006, 01:35 AM
2) Ever contemplate that it might not even be finished yet? Why would Bungie release a rushed product anyway, especially something as big as Halo3.I DOUBT its done already. When Halo 2 was in the end of production, Bungie said they could have spent so much more time adding and tweaking things. I bet Halo 3 will be a late release if anything....

Exactly, I for one have high hopes (higher than H2) for H3, let's wait and see how it turns out (hopefully good).

lightshow
04-13-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm looking forward to the zombie game that is coming out to the 360.

It's the one where you are stuck in a mall with hundreds of zombies and you have to escape.

But along the way you can put cones on all their heads and laugh at them for being too stupid to take them off.

Hahahha. I just can't wait.

Seedler
04-13-2006, 03:19 AM
I'm looking forward to the zombie game that is coming out to the 360.

It's the one where you are stuck in a mall with hundreds of zombies and you have to escape.

But along the way you can put cones on all their heads and laugh at them for being too stupid to take them off.

Hahahha. I just can't wait.

m'kay then.

mr. nails
04-13-2006, 05:04 AM
Why would Bungie release a rushed product anyway, especially something as big as Halo3?
halo 2 was rushed and shipped with crazy bugs and that didn't stop them. so, why would it stop them from rushing a fucked up product again?

cpt_azad
04-14-2006, 02:48 AM
Why would Bungie release a rushed product anyway, especially something as big as Halo3? halo 2 was rushed and shipped with crazy bugs and that didn't stop them. so, why would it stop them from rushing a fucked up product again?

Cuz they've learned their lesson? Even if, do you really think people will care? Look at how many people pre-ordered and bought H2, bugs aside.

mr. nails
04-14-2006, 06:22 AM
Cuz they've learned their lesson?
no, don't think they've learned their lesson. halo2 still has it's share of bugs and ur company m$ isn't gonna fix them. pretty gay imo.

Even if, do you really think people will care? Look at how many people pre-ordered and bought H2, bugs aside.
not sure on that one, but as much support halo2 was getting atm i'm sure ppl thought support woulda been there for them which it wasn't. if u ask me, which u didn't, i think consolers are dumb for letting m$ get away with this. me, my pc games get patched either way. either by the company or programmers do it themselves. so, i'm happy.

Wolfmight
04-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Microsoft Playstation?
Sounds like a Sex Toy for nerds.
Micro-Soft erections get a new friend :naughty: .

sweeper18
04-16-2006, 11:53 PM
Ummm... no never

silent h3ro
04-19-2006, 12:39 AM
hahahaha

oxygenuk
04-23-2006, 04:24 PM
wow huge news lol, so we could have something called the xstation or playbox in years to come then? :lol:

Smith
04-25-2006, 01:13 AM
Halo is over rated..I dont see the big point. Its funy every once and a while to play with the guys, but other than that its boring.

Its just another decient FPS.