PDA

View Full Version : The great Kazaa debate, does it just not work?

Knocky
04-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Now then people, Ive tried loadsa versions of Kazaa. And cant get em to connect. The only one that i can get to connect is Klite (which runs a shield on setup to stop original Kazaa installing Adware. It still effing does though its called traffic.core.) Anyway im rambling.Oh yeah, tried updating the snodes with snodes.reg hack and waited for an hour, still no connection. Using XP service pack 2./ Maceffe firewall (allowed full access on exes etc in kazaa directory). A while ago i had the same probs with kazaa k++ 2.4. I got it to connect by updating the HOSTS file in windows/system??? something like that. Anyone heard of this? I downloaded an updated Hosts file. If anyone knows of this and got a link or anything else apart from not using Kazaa then id be grateful to hear about it.
Cheers Peeps!:)

Smith
04-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Limewire...

Knocky
04-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Yeah cheers mate, you see the problem is my dad loves Kazaa. I dont i prefer Bearshear/Limewire meself you can find more stuff on them quicker. But in his 63 years cannot cope with learning new apps, and got used to Kazaa and so wants Kazaa back.

Vargas
04-14-2006, 03:53 AM
get the registry patch to update your node list:
http://snode.awardspace.com/snode.html

StephG
04-14-2006, 10:28 PM
It really is a good idea to convince him to use something else. The authorities use kazaa to identify filesharers because its full of people like your dad who dont know about using other things. Its also full of fake files and viruses and has been for ages. If you can convince him to use something else you really should

tralalala
04-15-2006, 10:23 AM
well, K-Lite is still a brill program for pr0n and sometimes old time music... even the newer music is pretty easy to find if you watch for the right users sharing (as in - dont go for a file with 349857398765 users sharing, and not a file with 33343435 bandwidth.... if you watch that then your ok)...

K-Lite is still pretty useful you know

Formula1
04-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Limewire Pro**...

Edited...wurd.

peat moss
04-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah cheers mate, you see the problem is my dad loves Kazaa. I dont i prefer Bearshear/Limewire meself you can find more stuff on them quicker. But in his 63 years cannot cope with learning new apps, and got used to Kazaa and so wants Kazaa back.

Tell him the truth Kazaa is full of trojans ,spyware , and virus . Then setup Limewire and show the old fart how easy it is to use . :)

One old fart to anouther by the way , as my 12 year old showed me . :whistling