PDA

View Full Version : Heist (new serie on NBC)

{I}{K}{E}
04-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know if it's a mini-serie or 20+ episodes?

Professional thief Mickey O'Neil (Dougray Scott) assembles an expert team of career criminals to attempt one of the biggest heists in history. Their plan: Simultaneously rob three of the most renowned jewelry stores on Beverly Hills' famed Rodeo Drive during Academy Awards week. As this intricate web of deceit unfolds, we learn that there is more than mere monetary gain fueling Mickey's actions.

Meanwhile, Amy Sykes (Michele Hicks), lead detective for LAPD's robbery/homicide division, heads up the task force investigating a series of thefts pulled off by this new crew. Under incredible pressure from her superiors, she must figure out not only who is behind the crimes but also what larger job they are leading up to.

The twist – as Mickey sizes up Detective Sykes, the two unexpectedly fall in love.

http://www.nbc.com/Heist/about/about.shtml

edit: just read on tv.com that they gonna stop airing this show :(

Vargas
04-16-2006, 01:25 PM
NBC's midseason dramedy Heist, which never got off the ground in the ratings, is looking at a very short future on the schedule.

The caper is not expected to air beyond the fourth episode, sources said

http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=4034

Busyman™
04-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah Thief is better.

This show is presented in a stylistic way that I don't like, It's kinda comedic sorta like The Whole Nine Yards.

I've don't even record it anymore.:dry:

{I}{K}{E}
04-16-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah Thief is better.

me liked the 4 episodes of Heist.
Why didnt they start this serie after Lost season 2 ends? kinda stupid to air a new serie @ same time as Lost/Idols

Downloading ep1 of Thief now. :)

Busyman™
04-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah Thief is better.

Why didnt they start this serie after Lost season 2 ends? kinda stupid to air a new serie @ same time as Lost/Idols

Thief is much darker and serious.

insane_saint
04-17-2006, 12:36 AM
the plot\story line doesnt look like it can go on for too long anyway.

Yogi
04-17-2006, 10:05 AM

Thief is much darker and serious.

True, but i stopped watching.

Characters are not attractive to me and too much on the site-drama....

(btw. noticed all thiefs are either hispanic or coloured and the one white guy in

the gang is shot........)

Pity of Heist; i liked it.

Much more shallow, but nicer to watch.

mEtho
04-17-2006, 11:06 AM
they always cancel most of the new good shows after few episodes or first seasons i.e. Johnny Zero, i dont know about u guys but i loved that show!!!

Busyman™
04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
they always cancel most of the new good shows after few episodes or first seasons i.e. Johnny Zero, i dont know about u guys but i loved that show!!!
No they cancel new shows if they don't achieve good ratings. Whether the show is good has nothing to do with it.

I want John Doe, Brimstone, and Space: Above and Beyond back but can't have it.

Didn't the actor for Johnny Zero play in Saw II? They look alike.

Vargas
04-22-2006, 01:36 PM
it looks like episode 5 aired.

{I}{K}{E}
04-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Didn't the actor for Johnny Zero play in Saw II? They look alike.

same actor ;)